Please welcome Green Storm

Hime

• NCSOFT

Hello Crickets,

I'd like for you to welcome @Green Storm who will be taking over community and content management of Blade & Soul. He will be workly closely with @Rynara to deliver the lastest game information and answer your forum inquiries when they can.

As for me, today is my last day at NCSOFT. I've been with NCSOFT for almost 9 years and helped launched Blade & Soul in the West. What a wild time! You all will be in good hands with @Green Storm and @Rynara. Take care!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 11

• NCSOFT

Thank you, @Hime, for supporting the Blade & Soul Community since the original launch!

And hello, Blade & Soul Community! I've been at NCSOFT for many years now, and I'm excited to dive deeper into the Earthern Realm (I played the game when it first came out). I will focus on delivering the news about the new game content on all our channels (blog, social, forum). I'll try to engage with this community as much as time allows me to, but it will take some time until I'm all settled.

Let me know in the comments what you'd like to see in 2022 for Blade & Soul!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Green Storm said:

Thank you, @Hime, for supporting the Blade & Soul Community since the original launch!

And hello, Blade & Soul Community! I've been at NCSOFT for many years now, and I'm excited to dive deeper into the Earthern Realm (I played the game when it first came out). I will focus on delivering the news about the new game content on all our channels (blog, social, forum). I'll try to engage with this community as much as time allows me to, but it will take some time until I'm all settled.

Welcome Green Storm and Rynara,

We'd like to see more communication with the players. Perhaps a bit more transparency when it comes to certain questions the players have.

Basically share as much as you're allowed so that silence is not an answer and some players don't over-react when a maintenance is being done and we're being thanked for our patience without knowing what has happened. 

Take care Hime. o/

• Like 5

Meh, nothing of value was lost and nothing is gained I'd say. The community and content management was so bad in the last years that it basically didn't exist in the first place. Though I doubt the responsibilty for that is on the specific persons working here at WEST.

On a personal level, @HimeI never really liked you but I wish you luck wherever you go now. @Green Storm, if you really are that long at NC, some suspect you are a developer, I won't say "welcome" but rather "brave of you to join this s**t show".

Communication is the reason and cure to basically anything that goes wrong here for BnS. The anniversary patch wasn't tested at all. Maybe except for "yep, game's running". Ladders not working, people can't join battleground or do solo dungeons. Voice is screwed up since months. Rewards for Soul Booster aren't working or are not adjusted to our game's version. Oh, and it's been almost 2 weeks and the skil changes still weren't posted. Just what the **** is wrong here?

I have no hopes for good changes actually. Not if noone goes over to korea and smacks everyone on the head over there. Because their job is so badly done it's unbelievable.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Shekinah said:

Meh, nothing of value was lost and nothing is gained I'd say. The community and content management was so bad in the last years that it basically didn't exist in the first place. Though I doubt the responsibilty for that is on the specific persons working here at WEST.

On a personal level, @HimeI never really liked you but I wish you luck wherever you go now. @Green Storm, if you really are that long at NC, some suspect you are a developer, I won't say "welcome" but rather "brave of you to join this s**t show".

Communication is the reason and cure to basically anything that goes wrong here for BnS. The anniversary patch wasn't tested at all. Maybe except for "yep, game's running". Ladders not working, people can't join battleground or do solo dungeons. Voice is screwed up since months. Rewards for Soul Booster aren't working or are not adjusted to our game's version. Oh, and it's been almost 2 weeks and the skil changes still weren't posted. Just what the **** is wrong here?

I have no hopes for good changes actually. Not if noone goes over to korea and smacks everyone on the head over there. Because their job is so badly done it's unbelievable.

This is the True!!

• Like 1

Out of courtesy: Bye and welcome 🙂

At this point technical aspect is a problem, not "communication" and "community management". You guys are simply incapable of managing the game on technical level. @Green Storm Does test server still exist? Do patches get applied on it and tested by some GM(s) that actually knows and plays the game? Do you have the authority to simply postpone patch until proper one is delivered by Koreans? If answers are "no" any "engaging with community" can't help you, you are in trouble 😉

Edited by Lägêrtha

18 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello Crickets,

I'd like for you to welcome @Green Storm who will be taking over community and content management of Blade & Soul. He will be workly closely with @Rynara to deliver the lastest game information and answer your forum inquiries when they can.

As for me, today is my last day at NCSOFT. I've been with NCSOFT for almost 9 years and helped launched Blade & Soul in the West. What a wild time! You all will be in good hands with @Green Storm and @Rynara. Take care!

I want to say Thank you Hime for the time in Blade & Soul. I wish you well wishes for your future career. I still want to buy you a Headset..

@Green Storm I read some stupid things in this thread, I cant unterstand it.

I look forward to improvements and innovations! I´m glad you asking for our opinion, there are many things, what should be changed. I hope many people make some suggestions. I´m happy to see, that the Team is not dying.

I wish you all the best and much success!

Tachiibanaa

not like i havent been around for a while but it will never settle well with me how cruel some individuals allow themselves to come across...

looking for better reality is what lead me to embark on my journeys with this environment and while i still think it offers the best, it clearly has its dampers reducing the atmosphere of fun

with a list of borderline agreeable discontentments, if only it were less emotionally charged during presentation, this player commune i

observe here tends to disregard advisable choices in the betterment of their community, nevertheless this player remains stalwart and risks it all to appear distinguished from the depraved...

I will hold fondly in my heart every moment we shared over the cause, and beyond.

and i think anyone reading this far cannot deny their willingness for a fulfilled future, and to that we all go together

As much as I read this... @Himegoing out of NCWest is bad for the game. Not everything you did was the right calls by all means. I still wish you all the best in any future endeavors and take care of yourself! 

------------------------------

@Green StormI do really hope for you this isn't your first and also last post on these forums, because the western server of Blade & Soul is in absolute shambles. People are leaving every day, the issues get more and more as much as we go further ahead. Breaking servers, huge cheating issues, broken patches... the game was NEVER in such a bad spot like right now. 

You really got to prove that you're serious about your opening post and try to help and get this game back up. We need a strong CM that clearly tells Korea that some things are NOT okay to do on our version. You really took this position at the worst time possible right now. And people, especially in this community, are big doubters. Prove them wrong, with actions and words. I'll wait and see. Good luck. 

• Like 1

Seriously guys, "communication" is last of their issue atm.

I wish they prove me wrong, but I'm pretty sure there is no person in NCWest that is currently actual with the game and have power or knowledge to influence anything. Ever since infamous Bamboo "event" when they was knowing about "abuse", threatening players on forum but done absolutely nothing for whole week to prevent it, it was obvious that they simply don't have proper staff and technical capabilities to manage own game. Late half-ass "solutions" to punish "abusers" that left some enormous rich and some that touched it out of pure curiosity "punished" just made things even worse. And similar things repeats over and over, and main problem is their technical inability to manage the game. Basic principle of MMO game is fairness, that work will be rewarded and that there is no shortcuts around it, and that same rules apply for everyone. Actual state of game is that community lost any sense of fairness and is abusing everything that can be abused, again as consequence of NCWest incompetence to manage the game.

All the communication and fulfilling our wishes comes just after they become able to fix things above and to properly manage the game.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:40 PM, Green Storm said:

Welcome and good luck.

I would like to see all that mess finally fixed. At least Koldrak insane issues and solo dungeons. I would like to see more communication, not total ignorе, as is the case today.  Thank you.

Hello @Green Storm

Welcome. You are with us for a week now and you allready fail in doing what a community manager should be doing....communicate. There are dozens of issues that we want answered. Besides a proper introduction I would like to know what you are going to do to make things better for us?

I would love to get a fulltime job where i have to post 5x on a forum in a week and get paid.

• Like 1