RU Current Premium Stats, Possible Upcoming NA Premium?

MukiTwo

I hope not, as a premium member i would like sth different than stats that i dont need....

We had many good suggestions in forums, like daily HM coins, monthly costumes, additional storage / inventory space, would like that more than the stats showed above.

Does it matter whether we have it or not?

We don't need the additional stats for any dungeons. It is nice to have, but we can survive without having them in PVE aspects. As in pvp aspects, well...it only matters if you farm in Battleground. However, which whales don't have premium subscription nowadays anyways? (The all have premium anyways.) For the non-whales & non-premium subscribers, we just continue to go into battleground to screw up the whales' matches. Isn't it more fun to see them raging in chat?

I say this as someone with premium rank 10: They had BETTER not. I would take that as a sign it's time to quit the game. 

EXP rate bonus is one thing, but literally selling stats like crit and crit damage is pay to win, pure and simple. Especially the PvP stats in 6v6. 

Sure I'd be one of the ones who has this advantage so it would 'benefit' me, but I don't want a stat advantage over free players. And if that IS what you want you can swipe for a maxed pet or something already anyways.  

I want convenience features and shorted farming/grinding. Mobile warehouse is great. More stuff like that.  You know what I want as a premium feature? You know how on the first page of storage half the slots are locked even if you have all the slots? Open those up. Give me extra rows of gear storage for extra soul shields and my 20-something weapon skins that still won't go in the showcase. (and then let f2p have the wardrobe) And an hmcoin allowance. And actual meaningful discounts on f10 cosmetics and items (Last I checked the literal only discount is basically dragon pouches) A discount on the upcoming custom outfit feature for premium would be great. 

Is RU=Russia?

BTW --  why do people call "seeders", whales?   Isn't the dynamic similar to torrents, where you have those that get the game can either give back by "seeding" vs. playing and not paying back (just "leeching").

Usually those who 'seed' are thought to benefit and make up for the leechers, but here I see those who play and don't pay as disparaging those who do.  But isn't it the case where if you didn't have "seeders", the ability to play for 'free' would go away?  Certainly leechers can see that seeders are paying for both themselves AND those who play for free. 

If it was not for so called "whales",  most of those posting wouldn't be able to play.  So what do you want, $60+ up front like EA, for a crap game and REAL crappy online experience vs. what you get here.   Given how EA's games are completely different from solo & online play, they are really like 2 different games -- so I'll likely look for free versions of the solo play and skip their crappy online play.  I still rue the day I bought ME3 in advance only to find their new DRM wouldn't work on my machine (their customer support was limited to telling you how to uninstall and reinstall their game).  By the time they had a DRM'd version that worked in ME3, no one was playing it anymore, as the next installment (ME:A) had come out.  What a waste.  But double screw me -- I tried MEA, and liked it well enough and wanted to try online -- so got a full package, only to find the online play was completely different (all gambling related prizes -- no purchases in stores -- only purchasing RNG packages).

At least in BnS, the free version is substantially the same type of play and same type of game as if you pay.

Seems odd that those who benefit by those who pay, so vocally disparage their benefactors.

20 minutes ago, Astarae said:

Is RU=Russia?

BTW --  why do people call "seeders", whales?   Isn't the dynamic similar to torrents, where you have those that get the game can either give back by "seeding" vs. playing and not paying back (just "leeching").

Usually those who 'seed' are thought to benefit and make up for the leechers, but here I see those who play and don't pay as disparaging those who do.  But isn't it the case where if you didn't have "seeders", the ability to play for 'free' would go away?  Certainly leechers can see that seeders are paying for both themselves AND those who play for free. 

If it was not for so called "whales",  most of those posting wouldn't be able to play.  So what do you want, $60+ up front like EA, for a crap game and REAL crappy online experience vs. what you get here.   Given how EA's games are completely different from solo & online play, they are really like 2 different games -- so I'll likely look for free versions of the solo play and skip their crappy online play.  I still rue the day I bought ME3 in advance only to find their new DRM wouldn't work on my machine (their customer support was limited to telling you how to uninstall and reinstall their game).  By the time they had a DRM'd version that worked in ME3, no one was playing it anymore, as the next installment (ME:A) had come out.  What a waste.  But double screw me -- I tried MEA, and liked it well enough and wanted to try online -- so got a full package, only to find the online play was completely different (all gambling related prizes -- no purchases in stores -- only purchasing RNG packages).

At least in BnS, the free version is substantially the same type of play and same type of game as if you pay.

Seems odd that those who benefit by those who pay, so vocally disparage their benefactors.

In order for a game to survive, it needs both pay to play players and free to play players or else the game won't survive long.

When this game was just opened, how many different servers we had? 8-10? Now, how many do we have? 2?

The main reason why the population is getting so low now because of many different reasons:

1) There are new games coming out every year.

2) This game becomes so grindy that there is big gap between free to play and pay to play players. So, free to play players just leave this game for other games.

3) Real life issues like school/work.

Just looking at your post, it seems like all the free to play players need to bow before the pay to play players and treat them like gods. Why don't you go to other pay to play games and enjoy yourself there playing with same group of people everyday?

(Your post reminds me that there was a time in HM dungeon, there was a guy that stated "bow down before me or else I won't use my white orb".)

3 hours ago, Astarae said:

1. Is RU=Russia?

2. BTW --  why do people call "seeders", whales?   Isn't the dynamic similar to torrents, where you have those that get the game can either give back by "seeding" vs. playing and not paying back (just "leeching").

3. Usually those who 'seed' are thought to benefit and make up for the leechers, but here I see those who play and don't pay as disparaging those who do.  But isn't it the case where if you didn't have "seeders", the ability to play for 'free' would go away?  Certainly leechers can see that seeders are paying for both themselves AND those who play for free.

1. Yes it is;

2&3. No the dynamic has absolutely nothing to do with what you wrote. Everybody in this game is essentially a free player. Some pay for extra perks, others do not. Whales are those who boost their gear through money to wares to gold transactions. And let me tell you something. There is no MMO game where being able to do that and doing is, gets you praises. The MMO community is notorious for absolutely despising people who do that, even if the tolerance has risen lately due to so many games employing the f2p publishing method and the inevitable p2w that goes with it.

If the ability to play for free goes away, we'll pay for monthly sub, no big deal. The big deal however, is that the entertainment value as it is right now, is much lower than what it should be to warrant a monthly sub. And with this said, there's nothing which warrants gratitude in this situation. If you think NC are entitled to any money just cause their game is f2p AND some people are entitled to gratitude due to spending money which buffs their characters immensely, you, are, wrong.

One key fact that a lot of people are forgetting, for some reason: with or without these stat boosts, the battlegrounds are NOW, and for a long time have been, and most likely will always be, a "whales' playground", as many people call it. These stat boosts will not take away from the frustration everyone already complains about in BGs, and for the stats to be added to premium subscribers, it's such a minute difference that you probably won't be MORE ticked off when you get ganged or one-shotted, because without these stats, such people would still give you a hard time. This game might have pvp in it and it might have tournaments with money prizes, but don't be fooled into thinking this is a game where balance and fairness come hand-in-hand with pvp, because pvp was tacked onto a pve game as an afterthought, and people support it thinking they have a chance if they're not rich super whales. It's an ugly truth, and one you might not want to hear, but someone has to say it so some of you will realize this. Don't get offended by my remarks, because it's not my fault or yours that this game is structured this way.

Regarding your last sentence, please show me where I used the word "entitled". 

Regarding your 1st sentence in 2.  What are those who take but give nothing back?  Leeches.  In the torrent community, those who take a torrent and don't seed back are leechers.  Those who give back what they get (torrent data) are called 'seeders'.  Here, the currency is money.  It doesn't seem like an extremely different dynamic. 

Sounds like the MMO "community" is anything but an community.  If you don't feed the publisher, how does the game survive?  You aren't paying anything for it, so how do you expect NC to survive?   The only way is if some pay.  Like it or not, those who pay are supporting the whole operation -- including those who play for free.

What I think is more than a bit crappy is the bad-attitude toward those who pay.   But no where have I ever used the word 'entitled'.  I certainly don't want a '*' next to my name in game.  AFAIK, I don't have an option to turn it off, and AFAIK, from the attitude here, I can easily see being targetted because I support the game.

I *wish* I got all the cool equipment, but I don't.  Where do I signup?  Instead, I'm flailing after the main story because there seems to be no way to progress.  If things were easy, that'd be one thing, but I'm not being rewarded with equipment or levels by being a member, so could you tell me where the equipment purchase shop is, because I'm obviously missing benefits that you think I should have.

Please stop trying to make it out like I claim free players *should* do anything. 

Telling people not to kill you isn't the same as telling them they should give their lives for or to you.  That's just insane.

Level 10 Premium member here. I do not agree with any stat boosts being given to premium players. I do not even believe upgrade mats should be sold in F10.

However, I do not agree with giving non-premium players wardrobe access unless premium players are compensated in turn. If f2p players are to receive wardrobe, then I certainly hope the cost of premium membership is reduced accordingly, or premium players are given account-wide warehouse or account-wide wardrobe.

3 hours ago, Astarae said:

Sounds like the MMO "community" is anything but an community.  If you don't feed the publisher, how does the game survive?  You aren't paying anything for it, so how do you expect NC to survive?   The only way is if some pay.  Like it or not, those who pay are supporting the whole operation -- including those who play for free.

It would not shock me if quite a few of these "bonafide" f2p players shelled out cash for games like Overwatch and League of Legends. Why some are worth paying for and not others....

DO NOT WANT DO NOT WANT DO NOT WANT, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS

Stats are taking it TOO far!!! No no no no!!! BAD!! DON'T do that!!
If you do that my friends will quit for sure! Please anything but stats, if it's stats that too blatant. Please listen to your community-PLEASE ASK US!! Why can't they ever just ask?!? Do a poll, ask actual players, ask the discord-anything!! Only very few will like this and it won't be worth the amount of players you'll turn off with it!

Just be simple!!

Put extra inventory slots, put more exp buff, put cheaper gem things, put free costumes, put free surprise bag-use your imaginations and come up with something that isn't just pure p2w stat boosts!! My god. My god, who makes these decisions?? Their enemy?? Blade and Soul NA is secretly ran by Overwatch GMs or something??? You have to really really hate this game to think p2w stats will NOT have a horrible effect!

seriously i want it xD this game is pay2win since first trove came out, so time to stop pretend its not and let us embrass this pay2win premium, enough of this potatoe scam premium we got at the moment...and we are folowing RU, wake up everyone, we share same trove event and same improvment so....

9 hours ago, Astarae said:

1. Regarding your last sentence, please show me where I used the word "entitled". 

2. Regarding your 1st sentence in 2.  What are those who take but give nothing back?  Leeches.  In the torrent community, those who take a torrent and don't seed back are leechers.  Those who give back what they get (torrent data) are called 'seeders'.  Here, the currency is money.  It doesn't seem like an extremely different dynamic. 

3. Sounds like the MMO "community" is anything but an community.  If you don't feed the publisher, how does the game survive?  You aren't paying anything for it, so how do you expect NC to survive?   The only way is if some pay.  Like it or not, those who pay are supporting the whole operation -- including those who play for free.

4. What I think is more than a bit crappy is the bad-attitude toward those who pay.   But no where have I ever used the word 'entitled'.  I certainly don't want a '*' next to my name in game.  AFAIK, I don't have an option to turn it off, and AFAIK, from the attitude here, I can easily see being targetted because I support the game.

5. I *wish* I got all the cool equipment, but I don't.  Where do I signup?  Instead, I'm flailing after the main story because there seems to be no way to progress.  If things were easy, that'd be one thing, but I'm not being rewarded with equipment or levels by being a member, so could you tell me where the equipment purchase shop is, because I'm obviously missing benefits that you think I should have.

6. Please stop trying to make it out like I claim free players *should* do anything. 

7. Telling people not to kill you isn't the same as telling them they should give their lives for or to you.  That's just insane.

1. What you wrote had the underlying tone of entitlement in the form of attitude;

2. Firstly, the number of "leechers" isn't as high as the number of "peers". Don't draw absolutely ridiculous comparisons. Secondly, every player here gives something to the community in one form or another. Time. Whether you invest time directly or through a medium, it ends up being the same thing;

3. I guess they'll have to do a better job? As I said I'm fine with paying for a service as long as it has the worth which would green light my investment in it. As I said it was their decision to publish the game as f2p. If their "only" way drives the game to closure, that's that. We hold no responsibility (implied) for this game's health. If it was p2p, we could have a real argument about this, but it isn't;

4&5. I think you and I didn't communicate well enough. I personally, have absolutely nothing even remotely resembling negative attitude toward premium subs. There's no p2w or whale material in the premium sub. But there will be if they implement that RU thing with the critical rate+crit damage. And do you know what segregates mmo communities and instigates hate? Buying power with money. If it's just ingame money obtained through legitimate ingame activities, that's perfectly respectable. Everybody can farm that. But when we have people buying the worth of 500 gameplay hours for irl cash they made in half a day, that is where the hate starts. And the publisher is the one who enforces such a situation (because humans are lazy and would skip everything if they could). Give everybody a sub and remove every other opportunity for trading irl money for ingame value. Equal playing field. No hate what so ever, past roleplay. Of course that would mean they'd have to tone down the grind a bit, which means they'll have to dish out content faster and that costs money. If you view the game purely as a money making machine, they are taking the best route;

6. You're the one who made it sound like that, not me. "Why do they hate so much", implies it's not the normal state of things. There is a set of values when it comes to gaming and not embracing them when it comes to MMO games, will warrant certain attitude towards you. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. The mmo community is mostly extremely inclusive, but as I outlined here and there, there are exceptions;

7. Nobody is killing anybody. As I said the attitude towards whales is much tamer than it used to be. Since current MMOs try their best to protect whales in any way shape or form (you can PK them on sight), most people just ignore them (and it's pretty easy to spot one. Gilded gems don't fall out of the sky, they were obviously whaled from the trove). But push inevitably comes to shove in one way or another (still talking solely about whales, not premium users in general. Those two are NOT interchangeable). And it's always the whales that instigate it. You might want to make a point about 

TL;DR Whales are not the same thing as premium users and the bulk of the "hate" is exclusively toward whales.

Let me tell you a story,
In 2016 January, before Bns was launched, Bethany (i don't know if she still exists; blonde with piercings ) assured us that there wouldn't be any upgrade tems in hongmoon store, no pay to get stat bonus etc. First they introduced something called ''Trove Event'' like it was an actual event, then they put upgrade materials on Hongmoon store and now premium stat bonuses... So accept it or stop playing, it's as simple as it gets.

Archived