Blade & Soul: Anti-social community

Tupac Shakur

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally hate the kind of small talk that starts with just a 'hi' and nothing more. Get to the actual point or don't bother. Wanna help with a dungeon or have a doubt about some mechanic and the like? Then ask away, get to it, don't just 'hi' me because I'll flat out ignore these. I don't mind if it's some sort of, for lack of a better word, self-serving request like asking for help with a particular dungeon/quest/boss, I do that kind of thing as well. As long as our interests overlap at the time or offer something of interest to both/all of us, I'm perfectly fine with it.

This is not a game that incentives 'small talk' interactions unless you're bored/taking a break by checking faction chat or something. Personally, if I'm in-game and not AFK/tabbed out, I'm there to do stuff. As in actually play the game, often cross-server stuff. I usually don't talk for its own sake (unless the subject matter actually interests me) but to help myself and others to get said stuff done. I may even befriend/accept your friend request if you are particularly nice and helpful because that's kind of a rarity, unfortunately, and people this good should stick together.

Funny coz on my alt WL I was doing doing backram as the daily I was a lvl 46 and all the other are lvl 50's I made a joke saying I don't want to die on a boos.

This desto said I should quit now and I shouldn't even be there coz my dps slow them down @@.

To be fair I did die once coz I was flying and I miss the 3rd platform. 4 out of 5 ppl said they will wait for me but this *cricket* Desto decide he will just kill the boss. Luckily I caught up to the final boss.

I've learned some people will be dicks to others more because they can and less because they actually have a point, so I tend not to pay these types much heed.

... Although it's a bit disheartening that they can get away with that kind of crap with such ease. Tells you to delete game or gives us the middle finger in text form due to group having an overall low AP and then just leave, no major repercussions for them afterwards. That's... sad.

I don't find myself wanting this game to incentive more socialization involving talking partly because the above is what you're likely to get.

OP you are absolute right. I'm so use to people being antisocial that it would throw me off if someone whispered 'hi'.

Like what do I say back after we both share 'Hi', how's the weather? :p

I dunno what the follow up small talk is, hehe

This is hands down the most anti-social online game I've ever played. The toxicity, immaturity and social awkwardness of the community is truly astounding. Why is there even an online component? You might as well just make this offline single player.

Was at beast bog doing the daily. There was at least 20 players in the area.

• Every single person rejected my request/invite to join a party
  • No one responded to party finder
  • No one said a single word
  • No one replied to any whispers
  • Not a single person bothered helping to revive, they just stood around watching like assholes

The maturity and social competency of players in this game is equivalent to that of a 3-year old child. It's almost like this game is a dump for the rejects from other MMO's who didn't pass a basic online personality test. Seriously I'd rather play with fricking bots than the assholian players.

lol one of the main reasons for when I quit, will be because of the community. All those players who refuse to reply, even when you're not asking for any help from them, a normal, social conversation is too hard for them or they're too unaware to notice and that'll be their own downfall since more of us are getting fed up, especially of rude, toxic players...

If you're one of them, reading this right now, just know that you're part of the problem.

Yep. said this awhile ago. After playing on asian region where english isnt even their first language they STILL talk more than people on na lol its really pathetic. The game is built around teamwork and helping each other yet every one is wayyy to focused on getting ahead and screwing each other over.

tbh the community itself is destroying bns west far more than ncsoft ever could. i try to help every person i meet & educate them on what to do  in order to get geared fast and not waste money. and how not to fall into profit scammers traps and buying stuff they dont even need.

Sadly im one in a million it seems. Everyone is out to just be "first" & epeen the hardest and bns isnt that kind of game lol.

1 hour ago, Melodia said:

You might as well just make this offline single player.

It would be for the best. Like put it on Steam for $10 when the full storyline comes out and let people run through the "story-mode".

There really is no reason for it to be online except for they have connected PVP Tournament e-sport arena integrally with PVE. Neither the hardcore PVE nor hardcore PVP want to deal with the other. Should have been 2 games that you MAY use your character from the RPG in the Arena IF you wanted, otherwise you can start fresh and make a new Arena-only character so you decide how your character looks that way.

What it boils down to is the lack of interaction from the development team with the players. I have seen 1 commercial for this game on cable TV It was during Adult Swim, but not one of the games reviewed. It was the same from the previous Live stream and current live stream. there is nothing about it anywhere and the ONLY description people get are from certain streamers on the internet that seem to have the same focus on the game Rush and solo, and this solitary playstyle is because they were a forieng language speaker on a Asian server so they couldn't even communicate with the majority of the other players anyway, and this mentality has come to where people CAN communicate with each other because they speak the same language. Sorry Britian, we left you for reason, check history to find out why, but you are sort of stuck mixed in with Europe and its 4 bajillion languages to suffer through, but NA shouldnt have people that can't communicate cause the majority of NA gamers are either USA or Canada which speak English. There are some on these forums that struggle a little bit, but do a very good job at writing in english and getting their message across so that in game they would be able to communicate easy enough if people TOOK TIME to communicate.

The communication barrier is still there a if it was a German playing on Taiwan server, in an area/region where everyone speaks the same language?

Another thing to keep in mind is that we don't have a dedicated social hub like most MMOs do, where RPers and others of a more social nature can gather.  Most folks you see in the various zones you visit are there for a reason, or busy with a vendor, or afk, or talking with their guild/someone else and don't pay much mind to random outbursts from those around them.  Most socialization is in faction chat or that of your guild/clan.  What the OP seems to be suggesting is that everyone should be open to the guy at the supermarket that just randomly starts talking to no one in particular and we should likewise engage him in conversation instead of completing the task we are there for and wondering what meds he is missing today.  It's not being anti-social per se, but simply following ingrained social paradigms that have been part of us most of our lives.

On 5/15/2016 at 4:54 PM, Melodia said:

This is hands down the most anti-social online game I've ever played. The toxicity, immaturity and social awkwardness of the community is truly astounding. Why is there even an online component? You might as well just make this offline single player.

• Every single person rejected my request/invite to join a party
  • No one responded to party finder
  • No one said a single word
  • No one replied to any whispers
  • Not a single person bothered helping to revive, they just stood around watching like assholes

The maturity and social competency of players in this game is equivalent to that of a 3-year old child. It's almost like this game is a dump for the rejects from other MMO's who didn't pass a basic online personality test. Seriously I'd rather play with fricking bots than the assholian players.

Move to master hong server and drop me a mail :3 i'll add you we'll run together, well at a place where i can enter (not banned by 1000 132 10054) like Efleet and NSH. You will never stop typing in your keyboard and i will respond to chat X3

Maybe it's just the server you are on. I'm on Yunwa and it is hopping with people 24/7 and there's always chatter going on. People always requesting team ups and whatnot. Sure there are those who are trolling or being rectum openings; however, you pretty much have that everywhere not just in this game. Anyway, I've been party invited by a number of people when I'm out questing and they're doing the same thing. Of course if I'm doing a dungeon most of the time I have to go to the cross-server to team up because of the time I'm playing (10 pm to 4 or 5am EST) here from the Philippines. You might want to see for yourself. Just a suggestion.

6 hours ago, Melodia said:

This happened to me once on the way to Bay Lee and I died to the Ploggles, close to the hill where Bay Lee spawned. My entire party told me to press 4, rather than coming to help me. He only spawned once I revived on spot and got to where he was. Even my ENTIRE former ex-clan said they would have abandoned me if I wasn't a member of them.

5 hours ago, Immortal Technique said:

lol one of the main reasons for when I quit, will be because of the community. All those players who refuse to reply, even when you're not asking for any help from them, a normal, social conversation is too hard for them or they're too unaware to notice and that'll be their own downfall since more of us are getting fed up, especially of rude, toxic players...

The current endgame content is only the tip of the iceberg for coordination, and only gets harder from here on out. Corrupted Tomb of Exiles (four dungeons away from now) and every dungeon after that is impossible to clear without the entire party coordinating because a single mistake will instantly kill the entire party, thereby making it impossible in F8/pug due to the state of the community.

Take this fella for example. He drops markers and it is important to know who is marked. At the same time, the entire party needs to stop attacking for a while and sit still in stealth.

The game was made in the east, where cooperation, teamwork, and communication are more commonplace.

The devolpers there expected their community to have this kind of mindset and designed the game around it, while over in the west everyone and their mother has a severe case of social darwinism and flat out shun you like a white man would a negro before the civil rights movement (still happens now).

There's no encouragement or incentive made for people to not go xX_MLGKiRiTo_Xx mode and keep to themselves in this game because of that, and it honestly sucks how proof in the pudding the west acts. Go onto any asian version of any MMO and you'll find an all around friendlier community than western counterparts. Hell, if I could speak a lick of their languages I'd main the game over there.

I think one thing that would make more social a game would be to fix the stupid F8 and remove that waiting room. Make people choose a dungeon and go into the area outside it where the dragon express vault keeper, general merchant, quest giver and the portal to the dungeon are. Let them either form a party or run in solo there.

Cut out the middle man F8 lobby/waiting room where it is only spam in the top for dungeon/battleground listing, and the SAME spam at the bottom where chat should be. Advertising for parties instaed of using the top for that and actually talking in the bottom section.

So remove it. Let people join the REAL dungeon lobby and form a party right in front of the portal into the dungeon. Then people would have to talk and discuss, cause you already know what dungeon you are going to, it is the glowing portal right in front of you.

It really makes no sense how so many people standing right there at the portal to go into the dungeon, have to leave that area to form a party then come back. YOU ARE RIGHT THERE! Why not form the party there with people that might just be wanting to do the dungeon more than jsut 1 time!

This would also let people who WANT TO SOLO, just go in without having to wait for 1 other person, then they leave the party to solo the dungeon leaving that 1 person behind to back out to F8 to look for another party.

Who designed this middleman lobby nonsense anyway? DansGame

1 minute ago, Shadzar said:

I think one thing that would make more social a game would be to fix the stupid F8 and remove that waiting room. Make people choose a dungeon and go into the area outside it where the dragon express vault keeper, general merchant, quest giver and the portal to the dungeon are. Let them either form a party or run in solo there.

Cut out the middle man F8 lobby/waiting room where it is only spam in the top for dungeon/battleground listing, and the SAME spam at the bottom where chat should be. Advertising for parties instaed of using the top for that and actually talking in the bottom section.

So remove it. Let people join the REAL dungeon lobby and form a party right in front of the portal into the dungeon. Then people would have to talk and discuss, cause you already know what dungeon you are going to, it is the glowing portal right in front of you.

It really makes no sense how so many people standing right there at the portal to go into the dungeon, have to leave that area to form a party then come back. YOU ARE RIGHT THERE! Why not form the party there with people that might just be wanting to do the dungeon more than jsut 1 time!

This would also let people who WANT TO SOLO, just go in without having to wait for 1 other person, then they leave the party to solo the dungeon leaving that 1 person behind to back out to F8 to look for another party.

Who designed this middleman lobby nonsense anyway? DansGame

Hell yeah.. and might help ppl with 1000 132 10054 issues in Cross server somewhat :3.  I noticed that i have no problem entering DG from the world map (except Yeti..for some reason it don't work.. and gve me 1000 132 10054)

I've restarted my FF14 sub yesterday and played for a few hours, I've already seen more discussions (even just "Hi !", "thanks !"), advices or strategies explanations than during my last 5 months of B&S. Even between english players and non-english players.

Yep, there is a huge issue with this game and its anti-social community. Maybe because of its nature of grinding competition, more than multiplayer game.

On 5/12/2016 at 6:45 PM, spongemike said:

Funny coz on my alt WL I was doing doing backram as the daily I was a lvl 46 and all the other are lvl 50's I made a joke saying I don't want to die on a boos.

This desto said I should quit now and I shouldn't even be there coz my dps slow them down @@.

To be fair I did die once coz I was flying and I miss the 3rd platform. 4 out of 5 ppl said they will wait for me but this *cricket* Desto decide he will just kill the boss. Luckily I caught up to the final boss.

I was a level 50 HM 2, on a team with one HM1 and the rest where HM 5+ doing a BSH and one of the players said they were carrying us because we didn't make it to the boss in time and got caught in the fire wall :p

Moral of the story...any player who's a *cricket* in the game is likely retarded :p

On 11.5.2016 at 11:25 PM, ARC-1276 said:

Thus far I've only played 2 MMORPGs, one of them being the critically panned Scarlet Blade, and then this game. By far this game has an EVEN WORSE community than Scarlet Blade, which is just laughable!

Hackers here are even more rampant, there's bots everywhere, unfair game mechanics, and gold sellers everywhere! Then there are elitists.....need I say more?

In game people actually comment about me being some of the nicest people they've met! Which is kind of sad, cause that means that there aren't that many people out there who are nice. If being polite becomes a defining characteristic of someone, imagine what that means about everyone else? 

hi just seying hello "Querra"  

Archived