Legendary Element/Jewel Changes

Soragami

I just watched the Call of the Deep patch preview video and was shocked about the changes to Legendary Elements/Jewels.

Assuming that the values shown in the video are correct, one Legendary Element/Jewel will cost 10g + 5 "normal" Elements/Jewels.

These "normal" Elements/Jewels cost 50s, 5 Soulstone Crystals, 10 Fusion Powder and 10 Element/Jewel Powder each.

If you were to buy all these materials from the market (or at least the ones you can) you would save around 1-2g or even more if you farm them yourself. That's not too bad.

BUT Element/Jewel Powder are account bound items. And since they were pretty much useless for a long time now, a lot of players will have sold them.

You also don't get that many Powders or Weapons/Accessories to salvage from anywhere.

To upgrade an Accessory from stage 1 to 10, you need around 100 Legendary Jewels.

1 Legendary Jewel -> 5 "normal" Jewels -> 5x 10 Powder -> 50 Jewel Powder / Legendary Jewel

100x 50 Powder = 5000 Jewel Powder / Accessory

If I need to farm 5k Jewel Powder to upgrade just one of my Accessories, then this change won't help me witht my gear progression, it'll bring it to a complete halt.

Of course there is also the other option to buy Legendary Elements/Jewels for 10g, 30 Soulstone Crystals and 15 Sacred Crystals.

But I don't think that's really worth it, because you would either have to farm 3000 Soulstone Crystals + 1500 Sacred Crystals per Accessory (which would take way too long), or buy them from the market which is even worse, as that would amount to ~45g per Element/Jewel with the current prices.

That's why I would like to ask NCSoft to either remove/reduce the amount of Element/Jewel Powder needed to craft Elements/Jewels or at least keep the old 20g option in the dragon express.

Another option would be to make Element/Jewel Powder tradable, but I'm not sure if that would actually help.

What do you guys (and NCSoft) think about that?

They are realy going to add that crap?

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Soragami:

But I don't think that's really worth it, because you would either have to farm 3000 Soulstone Crystals + 1500 Sacred Crystals per Accessory (which would take way too long),

well thankfully they totaly nerfed SSE so you cant even get a 500 prestige chest during 1 mining when there are more than 2 players...

Just another breake in progress to make the difference between whales and casuals even bigger...

I don't think they actually nerfed SSP. Us getting less prestige was just the consequence of the level 55 release (higher level -> less prestige from lower level content). But it still sucks since they didn't release a new Soulstone (Moonstone!!) farming area.

Basically you have 3 options:

20 Gold / Legendary Element/Jewel

(or)

10 Gold + 5 jewels/elements ( 2.5G + 25 soulstone crystals) = 12.5 G + 25 soulstone crystals / Legendary Jewel/Element

(or)

10 Gold +30 souistone crystals  +15 sacred crystals /Legendary Jewel/Element

-------------------------

Really its not that much different except to give you a way to use up base jewels/elements you may already have and offer those that didn't keep them another route with less materials in the cost, but a slight increase in the gold amount. all of the powders are essentially free, You should get a TON of unusable trash to break into powders (I got 100 powders just breaking stuff from 2, 1-15 Mushin tower runs). Each route is less gold intensive than the original, but has it's own unique qualifiers that will make it  better or worse depending on your personal play style. More options is ALWAYS better than fewer, and this is a decent 3rd option.

@Noalaa No we won't have 3 options. In their stream they showed that they will replace the normal 20G option with the new jewel/elements option^^

Btw it's easy to get this powder from soulshields, but to get this amount of jewel powder isn't that easy. I have like 5k of the SS powder and about 200 and 350 powders from the other 2 types and I always kept them^^

I stand corrected on the 20G part, but I disagree that any of the powders are difficult to get. Yes you get less than you would Fusion powders from extra plates, but it's still woefully easy to get them. MY ONLY gripe with this is that I HAD 2500 or each and I sold them to make room in my bank, but that's my fault not theirs.

BUT Element/Jewel Powder are account bound items. And since they were pretty much useless for a long time now, a lot of players will have sold them.

You also don't get that many Powders or Weapons/Accessories to salvage from anywhere.

and this is why for two years i have hoarded stuff ;) im such a hoarder i even have a level 26 character that i just toss account bound stuff in to that i cant use right now

8 hours ago, Neriux777 said:

You not entirely right... In last 3 weeks I got 300 soulstones cristals and 300 sacred crystals for daily gameplay. From last throve event 30 of each, at autumn event around 100 of each, participate more and cry less.

you realize that this is nothing? That means in 3 weeks of play you earned materials for 10 jewels/elements with the 30ssc 15gc option. This would mean 30 weeks for 1 item (leaving out events ofc, since the last  2 and the next 1 don't bring any mats). The new option doesnt make it better either, alone for the ssc part you would need 25 weeks of your playtime.

And it isn`t like that soulstone crystals and holy crystals arent used for anything else, this change, will especially hurt new players. I dont mind alternatives, but if they remove the 20g option gn8 newcomers

21 hours ago, Noalaa said:

More options is ALWAYS better than fewer, and this is a decent 3rd option.

I think so too and it would be a pretty nice third option. But since it's a replacement for the 20g option that's gonna hurt a lot of players really bad.

17 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

and this is why for two years i have hoarded stuff ;) im such a hoarder i even have a level 26 character that i just toss account bound stuff in to that i cant use right now

Yeah, I'm also hoarding pretty much anything I find. But I started discarding stuff that seems really useless to make room for other things :/

13 hours ago, Neriux777 said:

You not entirely right... In last 3 weeks I got 300 soulstones cristals and 300 sacred crystals for daily gameplay.

Or in other words: If you keep going like that, you'll have enough materials to get the Legendary Jewels to fully upgrade ONE accessory in around half a year.

Sorry to tell you, but they'll probably release even more accessories during that time.

I'm pretty sure that this change has an overall negative effect, wether it be a whale or F2P.

Whales, or people that generally don't play much and pay a bit will suffer the most or will need to spend more money to get legendary jewls/elements from trove (gj NC).

Players that farm gold (daily train/ elder dragon chests/ playing market) are gated by powders. 

While the change trys to make the gold sink less and make players actually play the game more (which is good), it totally goes the wrong direction.

They should have left the option for 20g/jewl in the game.

On 2/5/2018 at 12:49 AM, amokk said:

They should have left the option for 20g/jewl in the game.

I completely agree with this part. Though my assumption was incorrect, I originally believed the crafted element/jewel option would be a third option. Sadly I was wrong on this part.

Once they implemented the ss+sac+10g thing, I levelled one bling to L9 basically free because I was farming evos and moons in celestial.  That worked out great for me.

I have the stuff for another mountain of leg elements/jewels ready to go too

I have never, even once, bought a leg element/jewel for 20gold. 

Most of the peeps in our clan have thousands of those salvaged shields/weapons/bling remnants.  everyone was quite happy with that change

glad I have been doing GHS, which gives 5-10 bling remnants every day for like a year now. 

and the daily "baby train"(lair, yeti and cold storage).  Finishing all 3 takes 15min max and u get tons of weapons/shields to salvage every day. it actually gets to be a drag after a while.

Also, to whomever said this was for the whales, I have to disagree. this stops pure whaling because now you have to get out there and do something besides use the American excuse plastic weapon or blastercard

3 hours ago, Noalaa said:

I completely agree with this part. Though my assumption was incorrect, I originally believed the crafted element/jewel option would be a third option. Sadly I was wrong on this part.

NCSOFT doesnt seem to be very familiar with "if it aint broke, dont fix it".
I cant seem to find a logical explanation of why they would remove that option other than to ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ players off.

On 03/02/2018 at 6:39 AM, Statler said:

They are realy going to add that crap?

well thankfully they totaly nerfed SSE so you cant even get a 500 prestige chest during 1 mining when there are more than 2 players...

Just another breake in progress to make the difference between whales and casuals even bigger...

um... Do you realise that element powder, jewel powder, accesories and  weapons don't drop at all from top tier dungeons ? Like as an endgame player there is no way for me to get any of that shit without going back and carrying newbs thru older content. So this is actualy gonna help new players catch up.

on the plus side soulstones crystals and sacred crystals are useless for upgrading gear endgame, at least for the weapon. It's all moonstone and elysian.

doing all big 8 and the low bob purples, bring you less than 30 jewel powder...ie 200 days to get 5000.

But dont worry as they said on stream "they heard us and are making it easier to get legendary jewels/ elements"....

This is such a retarded change, i cant comprehend there hasn't been a greater uproar, but i guess a lot of the players havent realized what is going on.

Oh you can farm old low bob content for jewels, whoa so much awesome fun to be had, such a great change..

Now imagine people that also want legendary acc's on their alts..... lul :P

On 2/3/2018 at 4:01 PM, RyVerseLy said:

@Noalaa No we won't have 3 options. In their stream they showed that they will replace the normal 20G option with the new jewel/elements option^^

Btw it's easy to get this powder from soulshields, but to get this amount of jewel powder isn't that easy. I have like 5k of the SS powder and about 200 and 350 powders from the other 2 types and I always kept them^^

We still have 3 options. 

People forgot that we have special daily HM store. Legendary elements and jewelries appear in special daily HM store very often nowadays. It costs around 12.5 to 18g each depending on how many you buy from there (assuming the exchange ratio is still 1:2). 

So, basically, if you need to buy 100 of legendary jewelries, you have 3 options in total. First, I would use up all the jewelry powder first. Then, I would go for the soulstone + sacred crystals option. If still not enough, I just pick up the rest from daily HM store. 

Another option is to wait for trove event or merchant of wonder event to stock up all legendary element and jewelries.

I used to love this game..but..its getting worse and worse...only activities in game are dungeons and raids..oh and few pvp instances...that's it. On top of that.Gearing characters didn't became easier. prices are insane...and farming for powders don't make game easier. I'm pretty sure I could earn 50gold/day easily just doing dungeons 20 elemnets to upgrade weapon? 600 gold. A lot, but it takes less time to earn 600 gold than collect all powders from weapons. One weapon at least from dunegos below  Ebondrake  Lair  gives 3 powders. You need to salvage 17 weapons to get one legendary element. Getting 20 or even 50 gold is much faster than running 17 dungeons...unless you solo yeti.  and then again you might get more than 20gold just by completing daily challenge...I mean..getting 10gold is high chance. I usually get it from daily chest. Plus gold rewards from dungeon ques and bids. They might easily make remaining 10gold...

Seriously what is that change ? It's just blocking my progression, they said wait for update you'll get cheaper path, but wait we removed the 20g jewel option, so now it cost me over 20g with the new 5 Element option (but since i dont have those powder i just pass on it) and  over 30g if i use the sacred orb option. And i need about, idk, 150 jewels ? This remove entirely the benefit from cost reducing, it just displace the money spent. And that's just the begining, price of ss/orb skyrocket soon even worse, this is 1st day.

PLS PUT BACK THE 20G OPTION

Edit : Oh, and the HM store option is also over 20g (unless you wanna buy them 1 per week lol ?) , so none option is better than the old flat 20g 

Archived