Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my first NCSoft game.  I have to say not since i first played FFXI in '04 did I absolutely love a game to a point of spending nearly all my free time on it.  Playing since early access I only have a few weeks left on my premium membership and I struggle with wanting to sub for the 365 days.  I am really worried though that the bots will destroy this game and servers will shut down.  I really really like this game but worry about investing money and time into something that might just fall under the weight.  I have been reporting bots left and right whenever I see them.   It does make me mad that they can so blatantly break the rules of this game and get away with it.  Ya... I'm mad bro!

Yep I am done with Blade & Soul, Truth is I got a reply from one of the developers of "Black Desert" & XingCode3 is no longer being as malicious as it was in the past installing crap to C:\windows directories like game-guard and stops when I close the game so I am going over there to play it for awhile and see if I like the game compared to B&S Since I have been unable to play here over a week, and lost like 1-2 weeks subscription time + NC Coin purchases because of being unable to play because of Game Guard.

Well Enjoy The bots... Will check back here later if the game is still alive.

4 hours ago, Maneki said:

bots everywhere, so this spoiling the game , my friends and more people are wanting to leave the game already

71qnKnY.jpg

Dang I wonder how all those people that got banned for Ogong exploit feel knowing that bots go unpunished lol.

"This cancerous growth? don't worry about it, it's not a problem until it's killing me"

the problem is, the botters are connecting through VPN's, so a region block on china where most of them come from, would do nothing.

they can ban as many bots as they want, but there's a nonstop flow of them to replace the ones being banned.

they wont ban people for using VPN's, as it's a necessity for many players due to the poor internet infrastructure of NA and large geographical distances.

I have an idea that would maybe kill two birds with one stone though.

NCSoft adopted a VPN service for the chinese BNS when the ping was a big issue there for many of the BNS CN players, due to the same sort of issues that NA is having, with large distances and poor infrastructure. The VPN service for bns CN works quite well for lowering the ping there too. I used it myself when I played on the chinese servers to go from 350+ ping down to 200.

If NCWest got their own VPN service for BNS NA and EU, they could then put a region block on china as well as IP blocking out other VPN services from connecting, and having those same region+IP blocks added to their official VPN service to keep the botters from using VPN's to connect to the official VPN service. This would lock out the majority of the botters.

A lot of people currently in NA don't have optimal ping for the game, and they won't use a VPN because they are afraid of being falsely flagged from it, or they don't want to have to pay for the service. Having an official VPN service for BNS would solve those issues.

It would solve the latency issues for a great deal of players, as well as giving NCSoft a reliable method to successfuly block out the regions where all of the botters are connecting from.

Maybe one could argue that NCSoft won't do it because of the costs, and that they would lose profits without all the bots around buying premium.

But think of all the extra players who would be playing, many buying costumes and other things for their characters that the bots never would have.

I think there's a lot more to gain by removing the bots and making the game more enjoyable for the actual playerbase.

4 hours ago, chinmi said:

this is a naming and shaming thread, and op can be banned for making this thread. those video of player can get them shamed in the game.

besides, the gm is focusing on those player that glitch the dungeon door, and they're very busy banning those player. so please, let the gm focus on what's really matters and important

While I know this is strictly speaking in the rules it is one of the most absurd things on the planet. This game is ruled by bots. The fact that they don't care enough to actually solve it is just sad. Yeah I know they keep coming with this "we are working on it" reply which never pans out. But heck if NCSOFT wants to ban the last few remaining human players they have then by all means I hope they make enough money from bots to actually keep this game running.

Bots rules every part of this game now. The dungeons, the arenas, the forums and personal message boxes aren't safe anymore. I really rooted for this game to come to the west. I was really upset when they delayed this game in favor of Wildstar (another soon to be dead game) and it seems that the best time playing it was in the beta. When it wasn't overrun yet by non players. There is no horizon in sight that remotely promises to deal with any of the outstanding issues. So for now I am thinking that I can best compare Blade and Soul with an orange. It gets squeezed for juice untill it is out. There is no long term game here. There is just the bot singularity.

But heck by all means lets lock all the bot complaint threads and have NCSOFT complain about naming and shaming all they want. it will be fun to see if this game can survive on bot accounts alone. Let the experiments begin.

I'm leveling a new character to 45 but from the looks of it the game will die soon... There are even topics on this forum that are defending bots. All that bot pictures, and all these bots that I encounter in the arena... I doubt the NCWEST is "working on it". On the last stream that I watched they looked like they don't give a cricket anyway. And it's sad because I really like the game :(

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:00 AM, TigerKFM said:

The literal answer from their last stream:

"It's not a big enough problem to be seen as an issue"

How bad does something have to get for NCWest to even take care of it?

but if you use mod to alter hairstyle is bannable. NCsoft rulez

If your paying them money you should probably stop until they use the money to

fix the problem

Its been like this since the first day - Will this be the fastest dying game in history?

or will they finally use the massive profits and spend some on fixing this issue before

its to late?

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Have you sent in a ticket on it? Have you reported the bots? No? Then what do you expect them to do?

I do my bot report dailies. even if they don't yield soulstones.

I believe the correct question is: Why cant NCsoft keep their house clean? Is it really my task to clean their game off bots? Am I not to expect a bot-free game like Tera?

Upon returning to Tera I shall praise the publisher EME in chat the same amount of time I needed daily to report bots in BnS. People will think I'm crazy. But investing the same amount of time into reporting bots in BnS is normal?

2 hours ago, DRGoodfellow said:

Its been like this since the first day - Will this be the fastest dying game in history?

or will they finally use the massive profits and spend some on fixing this issue before

its to late?

Find out on the next episode of Blade and Soul Z!

9 hours ago, Crowku said:

the only way i know how to teach ncwest a lesson is to not play their server until they fix the bot issue.

Or just don't spend anything. If they love the bots so much because they buy premium, we should see if they are content with that being their ONLY income.

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

I do my bot report dailies. even if they don't yield soulstones.

I believe the correct question is: Why cant NCsoft keep their house clean? Is it really my task to clean their game off bots? Am I not to expect a bot-free game like Tera?

Upon returning to Tera I shall praise the publisher EME in chat the same amount of time I needed daily to report bots in BnS. People will think I'm crazy. But investing the same amount of time into reporting bots in BnS is normal?

And here is where i will stop you.

Do not compare it to tera, if you havent noticed, tera has no bots because there is no easy way to farm gold such as B&S. They cant gather items / do pvp dailies / afk in dungeons like on B&S.

Comparing it with tera has literally 0 meaning.

Now off to the next one:

B&S is a very popular game, loads of players so ofc bots take the advantage and RMT's. Gold is easy to farm. NCSoft already got rid of a huge amount of bots (it was way worse a few  weeks back) but they are also smart, so whenever ncsoft puts up a barrier, they will find a way around it.

If you want to go back to Tera, there is the door, no one will scream to stop you. Personally even with the bots here this game offers a lot more fun and entertainment unlike the dull and stall end game in Tera that gets boring after 10 min.

Eh, bots are inevitable, and were only really a problem when they were clogging up server queues.  If you want less of them play a game that forces you to pay a subscription fee; bots are all over World of Warcraft to, but at least it's never one guy boxing 100 of them because he'd have to pay for 100 accounts. 

What this game needs is to keep bots out of the queues for group content, or at least implement a proper vote-kick system.  Bots in Arena don't really matter, they're just free wins for low rank players. 

You can't fight back botting, especially in a Free to Play game, you can only design the content to limit their effectiveness. 

23 hours ago, Profyrion said:

If we're lucky we might get a ban wave in a few months.  They either can't do anything about the bots or they won't, I'm not sure which is worse.  But if you look at Korean or Taiwan BNS it's just as bad there and the game has been out longer in those regions.  So... don't hold your breath and it will get worse before it gets better.

Which is a shame, because the bots are really ruining the game at such an early stage it will have a lasting negative impact.

yah damn skippy it will omg i stop to stand for the area boss to pop up my fps whent from 50 to 5 i was life the struggle is real..

Archived