Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

13 minutes ago, TigerKFM said:

The literal answer from their last stream:

"It's not a big enough problem to be seen as an issue"

How bad does something have to get for NCWest to even take care of it?

Care to give link for that video because i've never seen that sort of statement from them.

If its from march 4th then they never said anything like that

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do not see why people complain about the bots in this fashion. Report them and move on. I probably report a few hundred a week. But I never once complain about them. I kinda make a game of it, seeing if I can beat the day before in total I reported, in hopes of one day, there'd be none. and they do ban bots. I've seen bots get banned mid-fight in arena. 3 weeks ago every node in every channel of the desert had bots camping them. I reported every single one I came too. this past week I leveled my lock. I saw not one bot on a node. I saw bots go poof at deva. Every week right before, or after maint. you can manually clear your spam block list. and notice those bots don't spam anymore. NCSOFT is working on the problem. but it is a F2P game. one I am loving, I might add. you can create accts as fast as they are banned. So they are working on, and until players stop buying gold from those bot sites, and quit giving them a reason to be here, all NCSOFT can do is ban what's reported. so just report them and move on. So  remember. new game. they are working on stronger procedures to limit and get rid of them, Just report them. far better use of time. Have fun out there.

I report them but this bots are still runing in game after 2 weeks so far,noone in game probaly is doing anything about it.but maybe somone on forum would give a big kick to GM.Darwin and btw b&s is not a new game ,it is 2 years old almost all the game on market now are f2p then that is not exusse for accepting a bots

1 hour ago, DarwinTheory said:

I really do not see why people complain about the bots in this fashion. Report them and move on. I probably report a few hundred a week. But I never once complain about them. I kinda make a game of it, seeing if I can beat the day before in total I reported, in hopes of one day, there'd be none. and they do ban bots. I've seen bots get banned mid-fight in arena. 3 weeks ago every node in every channel of the desert had bots camping them. I reported every single one I came too. this past week I leveled my lock. I saw not one bot on a node. I saw bots go poof at deva. Every week right before, or after maint. you can manually clear your spam block list. and notice those bots don't spam anymore. NCSOFT is working on the problem. but it is a F2P game. one I am loving, I might add. you can create accts as fast as they are banned. So they are working on, and until players stop buying gold from those bot sites, and quit giving them a reason to be here, all NCSOFT can do is ban what's reported. so just report them and move on. So  remember. new game. they are working on stronger procedures to limit and get rid of them, Just report them. far better use of time. Have fun out there.

You're reporting a few hundred per week and you don't understand why people complain about bots?  Below where I am typing this is a button that reads "next unread topic" and that topic is from a bot. 

CAn you people do something about all the bots cuz its seriously getting worse n worse.. i say a Bot Train in lycandi hills lmao it was serious... their ruining pvp ranking and pve content o_O are you people even bothering to do anything about them?? or ur just ignoring it...? like seriously who bots a game?? why bot the bloody game play it or just *cricket* offf.

If we're lucky we might get a ban wave in a few months.  They either can't do anything about the bots or they won't, I'm not sure which is worse.  But if you look at Korean or Taiwan BNS it's just as bad there and the game has been out longer in those regions.  So... don't hold your breath and it will get worse before it gets better.

Which is a shame, because the bots are really ruining the game at such an early stage it will have a lasting negative impact.

1v1 arena. Bots are infesting the lower ratings of 1v1 so in order to avoid them all you gotta do is get gud climb above 1900 and you will see almost no bots.

In 3v3 you can form your own team by using region chat. I normally spam region chat with looking for 2 more players for 3v3 than put in my channel number. I normally get a reply within 10 seconds. No more bot problem and in fact you get easy wins because 90% of the time your team will queue up against afk bots. Win win situation.

In dungeons, you can form your own group by again using region chat to spam that you are LFM players for so and so dungeon. I normally get a reply within a few seconds. No more afk bots. Problems solved.

You can also close your eyes and you won't see any bots, works 100% problem solved.

BTW have you upgraded your awakened infernal yet or are you still being carried in Naryu lab? Have you made another thread about those elitist players today?

Like other players ive grown sick and tired of bots ruining the market, pvp, dungeons, EVERYTHING, but im wondering is NCsoft even doing anything about the problem? i see more and more bots every time i log in, its starting to get to the point where im going to quit the game and im sure many others are going to start quitting, all my friends quit already because of this.

1 minute ago, SereneGrace said:

You can also close your eyes and you won't see any bots, works 100% problem solved.

BTW have you upgraded your awakened infernal yet or are you still being carried in Naryu lab? Have you made another thread about those elitist players today?

Yeah thats a good idea. You can also do that as well.

Doesn't look like it, many of my friends quit for the same reason, it's sad.  There's literally bots everywhere, here's one of my many screenshots. 
Was standing here for about 10 minutes and there were bots constantly running in and coming out, all dressed in the same outfit, same weapon and similar names. Reported several but it really feels like they're doing nothing about it. Too bad. If this keeps up I'll join my friends and quit aswell, tired of all this botting.

Bots.jpg

BB we wont miss you.

Just side note waste of time making these threads because

A) NCsoft is already doing their best but saddly theres zero game company thats able to deal with bots yet alone not one of them can deal with them in f2p game.

B) Instead of crying take screenshots and make support ticket and report them i've personally spent like 20-30mins every few days reporting through ticket.

Yeah, this game is turning into one big joke. I'm seeing destroyer bots up around 1950 rating in 1v1 arena, and not to mention every time I make a new character I'll see at least 50+ unique bots within 2 hours! It's just unreal that nothing is being done about this. This is a fantastic game and I'd hate to see it go down the tubes. Sadly I'm about ready to quit as well because it's turning into one giant waste of time.  Another issue I'm having is ping. Why on Earth would you place the servers in such a ridiculous place? Dallas TEXAS?? I mean come on, that's just down right stupid. Everyone up north is facing 100+ ping because of this, making things where ping is extremely important(like arena) VERY DIFFICULT. Anyone who is serious about PvP has to be noticing this problem. If you don't notice it, well it's probably because you're a noob and aren't aware of the world around you. I don't see Blade & Soul NA lasting much more than another 1-2 years at this rate.

NC is attempting to use GameGuard to combat the bots. So yes... they are doing "something", but they're not accomplishing anything.

The problem will not be resolved until they dump that crapware and move on to a real solution.

Archived