Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

- higher end mats (mts) would be more expensive because of ss price, yes

- "p2w" is more accessible now since mats are so cheap

- myself also a casual player started crafting at 45, i've never had a problem buying mats 

- crafting is casual friendly and important for everyone

- again, crafting makes you enough profit to buy mats off market whether 10s or 30s

mmos aren't supposed to be a 3 month game

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the vote kicking say you only have XX amount of time to do damage to say a mob or a boss. If nothing else the bots and afkers would be forced to help so get anything. Say if you been flagged as an afker or a bot maybe 3 times and haven't done something about it you get a temp ban and they look at your acct so see what you been doing? I dont know just shooting ideas for that

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

Come back when you have done your research because you obviously know nothing about TERA, they just recently released a Ninja Class with a large content update and no K-TERA is still much alive and kicking and no Bluehole Studios has not scrapped it.

Again quit giving out false information.

I said correct me if im wrong. And you did.

You can say what ever you want to say but if 2k + some other logging per day in tera is game being alive then every game that has atleast 2 players is kicking and going on.

And i suggest you to do research too

sick and tired of bots!! to many to even try to report. bots in dungeons that don't even move sometimes. 3v3 bots in pvp really annoying. ncsoft find a way to fix this. for now i regret on playing this game now. i might take a few days off from playing this game

I know this has probably been suggested a thousand times already, but why not go ahead and beat a dead horse. Why not ban the accounts that are buying the gold?

We already know that most bot names are just a random set of letters. So if you see a player receiving gold from an odd name or receiving gold without trading something that is of equal value, why not just ban that account? I am sure that the system can ascertain if you are transferring gold from one account to another account by IP Geo Locating the accounts, after all, they will have the same IP address.

6 hours ago, Ninfu said:

These numbers may be a very accurate reflection. They may not. It is impossible to know with a game that had its own non-Steam launcher and player base for so long before going free to play.

But that's not really the point. This is: Tera has an economy that is perfect for gold sellers. It is as cosmetic heavy as this game, with rare rng items, pets, etc. that can be sold on the auction house for in game gold. Yet I saw no noticeable bots or gold seller spam  in all the years I played.

GW2 and ESO are both two more good examples. Those game had bots everywhere. ESO was probably worse than this game. Large gangs of them moving and hacking around just like BnS. But one day they just didn't. Disappeared. Almost completely. Why is that? 

Instead of assuming an internal solution was reached to combat bots by the developers, you keep insisting in every bot thread that gold sellers suddenly gave up on these games ...  literally overnight and, by the way,  preceded by messages from the developers saying "we've got this"  ... because they were suddenly too old to farm.

Sometimes the solution is right in front of you. 

this is a naming and shaming thread, and op can be banned for making this thread. those video of player can get them shamed in the game.

besides, the gm is focusing on those player that glitch the dungeon door, and they're very busy banning those player. so please, let the gm focus on what's really matters and important

2 minutes ago, chinmi said:

this is a naming and shaming thread, and op can be banned for making this thread. those video of player can get them shamed in the game.

besides, the gm is focusing on those player that glitch the dungeon door, and they're very busy banning those player. so please, let the gm focus on what's really matters and important

There are no player characters in that video, save for the OP. Tough to cast shame on NPCs.

:C

1 hour ago, chinmi said:

I'm new to the forum and even i know this isn't naming and shaming. Do your research on what that means, will ya?

EDIT:  Like seriously, they are bots, is OP seriously going to get banned for showing hundreds of bots, which is the issue in BnS right now, in a video? No.

Naming and shaming bots? Did you seriously just say that? This is good thread and a problem that needs to be addressed. You are clearly on some gold spammers pay roll. You need to stop making your petty threats to people and get on board with this. these gold spammers NEED to be named and shamed. Cause it's ridiculous and ruining this game. 

Archived