Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

So, this is not your typical rant.
I played 5 1v1 matches yesterday night. You guess it, they were against 5 destroyers. 3 of them were your typical silver, name hidden, bots. Annoying to fight them as an assassin because they kept turning on stuns, but I won those matches. The 2 other destroyers were gold, they had proper names and the kicked the shit out of me.
Funny thing... they still were turning around and facing me all the time during my stuns and my stealth or ignoring them completely. They played a bit like the bots do, but not completely. I've never seen anyone else doing this, just those two destroyers.
Is this a new type of cheating that's started to spread thanks to the (real) bots?

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, OmniBlade said:

I will laugh my ass off if they manage to get the script on these bots done well enough to get into platinum. Screw with their Esports and then they actually might take action against these asshats.

Maybe DARPA\Google DeepMind will give AI award for creating a bot that can beat progamers lolz.

2 days of arena. I've fought 4 to 5 real people at best. They're all bots. You'll notice most of the silver ones are easier to deal than the gold ones. Some of them have premium and proper names but are bots nonetheless. It's to avoid giving off that full bot feeling that you get when you see them with profane/lycan axe and hongmoon outfit. They seem to also use speedhack or something because they don't really walk normally. They seem to teleport most of the time from place to place. There's quite a few of them now that are HM 2 and using the Pure Evil outfit. Most of them also pop their fury skill as soon as they get touched by your throwing dagger or a few milliseconds before you can stun them with swiftstep.

The most annoying one I've fought was one that somehow forced my client to get laggy as hell. I know because it lasted only during the match against said bot. Everything was delayed as heavily as possible and of course the bot remained unaffected. Otherwise my client was pretty fine. If you want a tip or just feel like doing a test, try to have more HP than them and start kiting them until you get out of combat. After that, keep on kiting but now while gliding a little and then going back to the ground and then to the air again. Do that until the timer runs out. If they lose the match, 100% bots.

58 minutes ago, Lapuka said:

can you explain this "turning" on stuns ? how does that affect you ? can't think any reason for that to be problem 

To explain, whenever the said bot is in hard cc, such as a stun or daze (say, from a skill like assassins' web), their character will immediately begin rotating so they're facing you. This is a huge issue while playing as an assassin, because after knocking them down and webbing them, I cannot run behind them and get my re-stealth.

1 hour ago, Pohwan said:

The most annoying one I've fought was one that somehow forced my client to get laggy as hell. I know because it lasted only during the match against said bot. Everything was delayed as heavily as possible and of course the bot remained unaffected. Otherwise my connection was pretty fine. If you want a tip or just feel like doing a test, try to have more HP than them and start kiting them until you get out of combat. After that, keep on kiting but now while gliding a little and then going back to the ground and then to the air again. Do that until the timer runs out. If they lose the match, 100% bots.

I had something similar to that against a Force Master. I don't think it was a bot though, at least it didn't seem to be, but it was quite unusual. Perhaps it was just bad luck with the server at the time?

Can't tell if they were (half?) bots, but they could be bots that have better programming. I've encountered MANY gold ranked destroyer bots. Although sometimes its hard to tell what is or isn't a bot, I've defeated players that followed a lot of botty strategies, and I've gotten good enough to counter basic destroyer skills thanks to the bots that I wasn't sure... Until I saw them posting in region chat, so there's that.

I do think there is an option so you can use the bot on other classes. Probably you have to use the character but you have some features....

I've seen a FM and i think a BM using something similar.

They follow me in stealth and try to attack me.

The BM auto attacks me just the second i get in stealth (turns around and auto attacks me like is second nature) .

They use skills to break from knockdown/stun in no time. I don't even have time to react and they already break my stun. (i don't have high ping and i'm really not that slow...they just react way too fast)

The turn around when stun/webbed is also something happening a lot... It's really annoying on sins to deal with this. I just sit next to the webbed bot with nothing to do. Cant get in stealth, cant attack him or i get stunned the second i hit him and its over for me...

All this on something other than Destroyer. Destroyers are something else. They jump on me just after i get out of stealth and some of them don't even aggro on me unless i get close to them... Lets not talk about the ones that levitate...

Yep. Met 15 bots straight as assassin trying to grind up my rank. The big problem is that they don't even give a *cricket* about your stealth. They see you, they hit you instantly (it's actually impressive. They get me out of stealth even before the stealth animation is there) and stuff. I've met a few with a lagscript or something that kicked me off the game once I won once

It's really nasty as a assassin. You can't really effectively win vs. them in close range, you have to kite them.. but they're so fricking laggy that it doesn't work half of the time either. Some managed to hit me even when I was flying.

I think I won't touch the game for atleast a few days or weeks. Bots in dungeons/arena/openworld aren't the only thing but the game keeps frustrating me. NCSoft is really doing a very bad job at this EU/NA release and I feel like that they don't even care about it. They're still making money, so why bother.

Found more of those gold bots tonight.
Got a screen with a name if the staff needs.
There's another little thing about them: they can't be stunned. Any stun seems to enter, last for half a second, the time they took to turn to you and attack you.

Anyone else seeing them?

The last 3 days its been nothing but bots. nearly 15 straight pvp matches and they're all bot destroyers. Some appear to be using hacks of some sort. Activating abilities faster than you should be able to and with seemingly no cooldowns on abilities and somehow the ability to freeze... thats right.. actual destroyers using an ice freezing ability !
 Anyone ever seen a destroyer do that before? Stuns, dazes and all other CC abilites are useless against them. They just resist resist resist and hammer out stuns and holds that keep you from being able to do anything in return. 

9 hours ago, OmniBlade said:

I will laugh my ass off if they manage to get the script on these bots done well enough to get into platinum. Screw with their Esports and then they actually might take action against these asshats.

Then start laughing cause there are some in Plat. 

Ok, I am really pissed off right now.
Those *cricket*ing gold bots are unbeatable. Not only they can't be stunned, not only they follow closely when you are in stealth, not only they attack faster, now they also teleport from one side of the arena to the opposite.

This is *cricket*ing out of control. I just lost a rank because of this shit.

I don't even PvP and it is pissing me off. Why?? Because assholes like these make good games go into the toilet. Even though I don't PvP, I can only imagine that the PvPer's are the majority of the population that keeps this game going. I doubt I will buy another subscription if this keeps up.

I went into 6 straight 1v1 matches in the Arena. 

All of them destroyers. All with faceroll names.

All useless.

Sure they are easy wins, but it is boring as absolute *cricket*.

It will kill PVP, as the bot presence will soon kill the game.

• 3 weeks later...

This is getting out of hand. Would any Dev or GM or anybody in charge please respond to this giving a solid non-vague answer as to why this is allowed to go on? There is hundreds of them just in this one channel. These are all bots. This is generally disliked by your whole player base. So any light you could shed on this would be welcome. Oh small note to people who just argue with whatever is posted on forums I'm not interested. 

Archived