New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

They're not.

That's too bad. :( I gladly spent a lot of real money in SWTOR ...because I could always get exactly what I wanted from it, since other players could sell their items from gambling boxes.

I also read countless forum threads from people who spent an obscene amount of money opening the boxes, and never got the thing they wanted, and gave up ever buying them again.  (The real, long-term gambling box buyers are the ones who aren't really after a specific thing, just in it for the thrill.)

So...I guess I just hope they never put an outfit that I want in a box.  It would just be despiriting to know I had no realistic way to get it...and a game where there's no realistic way to get stuff I want, well, starts feeling pointless...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

They're not.

By the way, I like the costume, can I please have the costume? Why can't I have the costume ;w;

vOkk7EK.png

at least my unsealing charms problem is solved.

Yes, I know I have a gambling problem. 

I don't mean this in a harsh way. But you can't have the costume because folks like you actually buy these things and make it worthwhile for NCSoft to put them in. If you and others like you wouldn't buy them, you would have been able to buy the costume as a stand alone item for the same price as the other costumes and the concept of RNG boxes wouldn't be a thing. You bring this upon yourself.

Just now, Qondar said:

That's too bad. :( I gladly spent a lot of real money in SWTOR ...because I could always get exactly what I wanted from it, since other players could sell their items from gambling boxes.

I also read countless forum threads from people who spent an obscene amount of money opening the boxes, and never got the thing they wanted, and gave up ever buying them again.  (The real, long-term gambling box buyers are the ones who aren't really after a specific thing, just in it for the thrill.)

So...I guess I just hope they never put an outfit that I want in a box.  It would just be despiriting to know I had no realistic way to get it...and a game where there's no realistic way to get stuff I want, well, starts feeling pointless...

Personally, that's exactly what I am. I don't have anything specific I want, but I like the thrill of being probably able to get an outfit. Would be a disappointment to know the outfit doesn't actually drop.

Also, you're supposedly going to be able to transfer the outfits between your characters.... for more money. Sasuga ncsoft

Just now, Soulequilibrium said:

I don't mean this in a harsh way. But you can't have the costume because folks like you actually buy these things and make it worthwhile for NCSoft to put them in. If you and others like you wouldn't buy them, you would have been able to buy the costume as a stand alone item for the same price as the other costumes and the concept of RNG boxes wouldn't be a thing. You bring this upon yourself.

As I mentioned in the above post, I'm not dying for the outfit. I just like the thrills of having a posibility to get it. I guess you'd call it a gambling problem, but I'm having my fun.

Just now, Soulequilibrium said:

I agree, if you'd leave the boxes alone they'd have no choice but to only put them in the shop straight up...

The RNG box is disgusting. I understand that the game and all future content is completely free and NCSoft has to make their money somewhere but this feels like a slap in the face to paying customers that are supporting the game through store purchases and premium memberships. There should at least be an option to directly buy the outfit at a higher price or make it available to premium members for purchase directly. Outside of the wardrobe, which should really be free to all members, the benefits of premium membership are not that good.

The idea that future outfits could be locked behind RNG boxes is appalling. Not spending one cent on this.

5 minutes ago, Soulequilibrium said:

This.

4 minutes ago, GnatB said:

I'd also point out that you can enter every single cereal sweepstakes without paying anything.  "No purchase neccessary".  'Cause otherwise it would be illegal gambling.  They change these RNG boxes so we only have to mail in a letter asking for a box, and I'll have no objections to 'em.

There are actually a number of States in the US and many areas of Canada where even "cereal box" type sweepstakes are deemed as "Illegal Gambling" yet game companies are getting a free ride to exploit whatever legal loopholes and psychological tactics they can for cash.

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

As I mentioned in the above post, I'm not dying for the outfit. I just like the thrills of having a posibility to get it. I guess you'd call it a gambling problem, but I'm having my fun.

You are having your fun perhaps but people that actually want this costume or collectors certainly aren't having theirs.

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

An approach that would make most people happy then would be to put the outfit up for a normal price and put in the RNG box with a high enough chance that people could play the odds without it being stupid.

Of course, that would mean RNG boxes would make far less money and obviously that's no good in NCSoft's eyes.

16 minutes ago, Enhance said:

They're not.

By the way, I like the costume, can I please have the costume? Why can't I have the costume ;w;

vOkk7EK.png

I feel bad for you man, bought a 28x set and got the coat.

2 hours ago, duber said:

Exactly.  The best way to protest is to not buy the boxes.  It's the same philosophy as with the gold spammers, which is to say that dirty business tactics would not be deployed unless they were profitable.  People talk bad about gold sellers, but those guys are clearly in a thriving business, especially in a game where getting gear heavily depends on how much money you have.  People talk smack about RNG boxes, but there are probably more people that don't mind tossing money after those things, otherwise these companies would not do it.

Sadly you are right. I refuse to purchase these RNG boxes as I consider them a waste of money. 

I would have purchased EVERY outfit in this game that I liked and subbed up for a year but now that I see that the best looking outfits are probably going to be  obtainable only via a RNG box I will spend that money on the collectors edition of Black Desert Online.

18 minutes ago, Enhance said:

They're not.

vOkk7EK.png

Oh my god,,,,

No costume yet?!

3 minutes ago, Soulequilibrium said:

You are having your fun perhaps but people that actually want this costume or collectors certainly aren't having theirs.

Well, I don't know how to put it nicely, but I don't really care. I'm not really hurting anyone intentionally, just having my kicks with RNGesus. Maybe there isn't a way to put it nicely. I don't mean it to sound offensive.

But if this outfit was there for 1200NC, I wouldn't buy it. I probably wouldn't buy the RNG boxes then either.

4 minutes ago, OsmenthePP said:

There are actually a number of States in the US and many areas of Canada where even "cereal box" type sweepstakes are deemed as "Illegal Gambling" yet game companies are getting a free ride to exploit whatever legal loopholes and psychological tactics they can for cash.

Interesting.  I was under the impression that as long as there was a way to enter for free, they were legal in the U.S.  (Nowadays usually a website or something you can go to and enter.  Used to be sending in a "self addressed stamped envelope.")

(edit:  For McDonald's monopoly, I believe you can pick up a postcard form to enter for free at any store)

Hmm, so if I want a guaranteed costume I have to buy it from the market place, but that costs gold, and I have $$$ but not gold... Hey NC Soft, brings those bots back, I need to get the website they spammed.  They seem to be more interested in giving me what we want than the publisher.  Think about it geniuses! If a player wants an outfit, they'll get it. Question is, who's going to get the money? Gold sellers or NC Soft.  For the record, this is not a threat, just logic.

I love seeing how dumb gaming companies can get with RNG boxes, i've already had 20 friends (not exaggerated whatsoever) tell me they uninstalled as soon as they saw the Boxes. We dont want that shit NCsoft, just put it in the damn shop you'll make more money that way. Wait till we tell you we want gacha to put gacha in game c; 

4 hours ago, Shoshin said:

Money-Money.jpgr

Enough said.

This picture man.

Topic already exists.

As long as the boxes contains costumes I don't want I'm okay. But otherwise I would be very dissappointed. I never buy these RNG boxes for really getting something that's in there. I bought 3 out of curiousity and won't buy more.

1 minute ago, Machder said:

Hmm, so if I want a guaranteed costume I have to buy it from the market place, but that costs gold, and I have $$$ but not gold... Hey NC Soft, brings those bots back, I need to get the website they spammed.  They seem to be more interested in giving me what we want than the publisher.  Think about it geniuses! If a player wants an outfit, they'll get it. Question is, who's going to get the money? Gold sellers or NC Soft.  For the record, this is not a threat, just logic.

They're one ahead of you - the outfits are not tradable, even between your characters as of yet.

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Personally, that's exactly what I am. I don't have anything specific I want, but I like the thrill of being probably able to get an outfit.

That's exactly why I think it would be a win-win for people like you to be able to sell your excess stuff in the AH.  Then they'd get your money, in exchange for what you enjoy, and also get my money in exchange for what I enjoy.  

But as it stands, they don't have a way to make money from me.  All the cash I spent in TERA and SWTOR was to get gold (not from gold sellers, by buying cash shop items and selling them in the AH) in order to buy outfits from other players.

But if players can't sell outfits in this game, then...

Archived