Forums

New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

42 minutes ago, Sylvaeril said:

How is this anything close to day 1 dlc? There you bought a game already and have to buy more, this is a free to play game, FREE.

It's only bullying if I actually hit somebody.  Intimidation, vandalism and sexual harassment don't count.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Takao said:

Its funny that 48hours before i would defend this game to the last breath and after boxes release its just  overflowed(bots,hackers,random dc,not working marketplace,invisible walls , glitching ,bad optimization) in me to the point i am refunding everything i bought until i seee how this ends i feel insecure about this game future and i dont want invest in something so badly taken NCsoft had brilliant in their hands and they cut it half right in front of my eyes, not even month after release.

(RNG boxes were just one big bad nail in the coffin...)       

refund it, you will be permabanned from every game ever released by them.

42 minutes ago, Sylvaeril said:

I understand why you are worried, but if you guys have sooooooo many griefs with the game, find something else to play. it is their business model, and whether we like it or not is up to us.

Suggesting people to leave to defend shady business practices (cui prodest?) leads to empty servers. Then you'll scream "merge servers, merge them already".

It always goes like that.

1 hour ago, Meerkat said:

It's only bullying if I actually hit somebody.  Intimidation, vandalism and sexual harassment don't count.

ITS F2P you dont have to buy anything! holy freaking crap, your comparing a game to sexual abuse!? What the hell is wrong with you?!

On 2/4/2016 at 1:05 PM, Jayrune said:

The fact that you can get several of the items in game and that they were rare is in fact an issue because it dicks over the in game economy worse than gold sellers ever could.

fyi the AH is region wide, soulstones did not drop to 21 silver on Poharan, they dropped to 20-21 silver across the region.  same with moonwater transform stones

Lol!  What?  You are kidding, right?  Wow. Your paranoia is getting the better of you if you think a few mats and keys are equitable to buying gold.  It's not even close.  Secondly, the buyer of said lockbox in a real way puts money back in the game.  Yes, they gave NCsoft cash money to continue adding to and improving the game.  

As for the game economy, please.  Like any economy, there will be opportunities to make money if you are smart enough to see where the market is.  That old "the economy is screwed" mantra is old and tired.  If you want to play real economics there are some really good simulators out there for you.  If you want real world econ in an MMO then you misunderstand what an MMO is. 

I think people look at us that don't like the RNG boxes or the higher prices (I'm personally Okay with the prices but can agree they are a little high) as attacking the game and wanting it to fail. The truth is we want it to stay around for a long time. If you bleed the cash from your players you'll get us to either drain dry or decide enough is enough. Once that happens where do you think this game will be? Do you think they will make a lot of money in the first year and say well we're not selling enough to keep the game running but we made enough last year to keep it going? What they will say is we're not making money anymore shut it down. We love this game we want it to stay around and to do that we need to feel like we're more than just a figure on an earnings report.

I liked the anime so I bought the cheaper founder pack that basically had nothing in it but a 3 day head start and titles that I don't use. I saw there were no RNG boxes in the shop so I bought extra slots enough to max out and try all the classes. I'm on Master Hong server and anyone that plays on there will tell you we never really had to wait in line to log in but I liked the game and how I was treated so I bought the student pack and a month of sub time extra. But things are starting to change. RNG boxes are the first sign that things are not going well. By design they get the most amount of money out of people for the least amount of work. They are predatory, and wrong. They show that a company doesn't trust that the product they are giving us is good enough to succeed  without these tactics, but the sad thing is that B&S is. It has the best combat system I have played. The outfits are nice worth the higher than average price they are asking. The game is good NCSoft you don't need to do it this way let us prove it to you.  

6 hours ago, Sylvaeril said:

ITS F2P you dont have to buy anything! holy freaking crap, your comparing a game to sexual abuse!? What the hell is wrong with you?!

Oh, God, why?  Why?  Why?  Why, God, why?  Why do You torment me so?  What have I done so egregious that You have inflicted This upon me?  Why am I to be so wounded?  Why?

Please.  Just tell me.  What does it take.  Do I need to give a detailed explanation of every analogy and even slightly abstract thought?  Do I need to draw every single line to connect every single dot?  Do I need to define "bullying" for you?  Please don't make me define "bullying" for you.  Just... do you need me to explain this for you?  It will make me sad, but I will.

7 hours ago, Sylvaeril said:

I understand why you are worried, but if you guys have sooooooo many griefs with the game, find something else to play. it is their business model, and whether we like it or not is up to us.

Because surely people don't actually enjoy the game itself and want it to do good. Na they would rather bugger off instead of trying to change something before things get real. Believe it or not some people actually still have hope in change~

What they do is very much up to the customers in all honesty. Only reason it doesn't is because people such as yourself just "shrug" it off OR to higher extent others encourage it by buying into it both literally and figuratively.

25 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Oh, God, why?  Why?  Why.  Why, God, why?  Why do You torment me so?  What have I done so egregious that You have inflicted this upon me?  Why am I to be so wounded?  Why.

Please.  Just tell me.  What does it take.  Do I need to give a detailed explanation of every analogy and even slightly abstract thought?  Do I need to draw every single line to connect every single dot?  Do I need to define "bullying" for you?  Please don't make me define "bullying" for you.  Just... do you need me to explain this for you?  It will make me sad, but I will.

Actually yes you do! in this day and age simple analogies even if made for joking standards MUST be explained!!! you have to pick your words very very carefully or things will happen and then your left to explain later on~

15 hours ago, Sylvaeril said:

But it is.

There is a very applicable comparission with a youtuber, The Fine Brothers.
They lost and still lose subs en-masse because they tried to trademark the word "reaction" and would have almost suceeded if they did not do a fatal er'.

If none of us decided to buy any of those boxes and told them "this is not okay", then they would react and stop doing so.

Yes it is our business and your attitude is rather ignorant to what you claimed you would understand.

Example:

You telling me it is okay for a company to set "p2w" as a business model? Those games tend to die out quickly with a bare population (Age of Wushu as an example). This is exacly what you just told us and this is a big no.

Unlike you, some people do care about the game and it's future and they do not want to see it rot to dust because of a bad business policy, they want to gain the most out of their money for years to come and this is a very fair and reasonable thought.

Just as a note, Windrest qu suddenly went down from 4000 non prem to 2000 non prem overnight, now its down to 400non prem during peak time.

This implies that there is a decline in the active playerbase as the server did not have enough capacity. Yes, yes possiblity of going to a dif server, you dont know, they didnt make those informations public.
Let us not speak about the truth that premium player also suddenly had a 5people qu at all times right after a maintanance. Assumption is that they did this on purpose to sell premium more.

I would really suggest to give it more thought before you reply something that just shows that you just wanna talk big but do not even understand what the actual problem is.

Said it before but the RNG chest came too soon, they should had waited optimally at least a few months before adding an RNG box like that.

16 hours ago, Takao said:

Its funny that 48hours before i would defend this game to the last breath and after boxes release its just  overflowed(bots,hackers,random dc,not working marketplace,invisible walls , glitching ,bad optimization) in me to the point i am refunding everything i bought until i seee how this ends i feel insecure about this game future and i dont want invest in something so badly taken NCsoft had brilliant in their hands and they cut it half right in front of my eyes, not even month after release.

(RNG boxes were just one big bad nail in the coffin...)       

Yeah same to me. Instantly made ticket about refunding my masterpack and if i didnt spent single damn ncoin they would've refunded it which i now started argueing they cant expect players to hold up with their coins just in case ncsoft screwes them around.

1 hour ago, KonnoYuki said:

well havent seen one gm reply in 44 pages interesting

Do you think they care? Their only job is to milk every penny from their players. At the same time they lie to us as much as they can and smile.

We wont be receiving any form of inffo about these boxes and our feedback because they dont care. Maaaaaaaaaaaany players in cbt said shop was too expensive. 15 euros just for costume is too much. Quess what? Nope Ncsoft asked our opinion and then they refused to listen. Like they now are going to listen. Only way to get them listen is to get 100% of players to logg out of servers saying that they wont be playing till things change!

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:43 PM, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Actually yes you do! in this day and age simple analogies even if made for joking standards MUST be explained!!! you have to pick your words very very carefully or things will happen and then your left to explain later on~

Thanks Obama. :/

Probably the same people who buy cash shop RNG boxes.

3 hours ago, Korene said:

Not on this post but they have commented, supposedly one of them said the coat will be available outside rng box at a later time. When that time is we don't know, maybe they are listening.

https://twitter.com/Babbletr0n/status/695691257075494912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

well, you know that is "maybe" answer. I think they are just trying keep silence for now.

12 hours ago, Chaffee said:

well, you know that is "maybe" answer. I think they are just trying keep silence for now.

Put your money where your mouth is NCSOFT. I will believe it when I see it.

From day 1 players have been saying they do NOT want RNG boxes. Yet here one is, just casually tossed in. You don't even say: "Hey guys be the first to try your luck at the outfit before it releases." Nope you toss it out there like it is supposed to be there, as if it is testing the water for whales to toss all their cash at so you can introduce more.

Everyone needs to make some noise about this. Say "NO" to the RNG boxes. Why on earth am I paying monthly for premium if after tossing out $100+ I still have to cough out another $300 in hopes I get the item I want from the box? Why on earth am I supporting the game monthly?

I dont think the winter rng box is worth it. cus all the materials u can farm fairly easily. the ss bundle shud at least hav more than 3x ss. and with the drop rate of that outfit....not worth the frustration xD

like I was honestly surprised at how basic the items offered were. perhaps its cus the game is brand new in na? the ah may not be littered with easy to get ss like in other versions. or at least for me the rng boxes in other versions gad rare items u cud make a profit from selling in game. 

oh and in the premium of asian bns u cud get rng boxes with premium points (gained by time spent in game with membership) 

20 minutes ago, Akane said:

Anyone know of a response to this topic from NCsoft, or are we/they just ignoring this little accident?

None so far I'm afraid. And one guy asked the assistant producer of bladeandsoul on his twitter, he just gave one maybe answer. who knows they did it on purpose or accident, I gave up on this game and NCSoft.

Archived