New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, female costume I mean. Preferably Gon race.

As to the poster before me, they will listed. Trust me their communication with the devs and higher ups is paradigm and even a bat can see that. Question is, will the marketing brass act on such request? Unfortunately marketing only speaks one language (money) but hopefully the CFO can bridge that disconnect.

1 minute ago, Myleina said:

Players like me? You mean someone who likes the game and love to support them with my money so they can keep improving stuff? Someone that isnt crying because they're doing what every single other MMO does? Someone that has spare money and I can do whatever the *cricket* I want with it?

Or you mean someone that dislikes every server being 1-sided factionwise and that the lower faction has no way of obtaining certain end-game gems because we get camped by the other faction?

You guys are all crying for every single thing they put out. Costume is 20$? OMG OMG SO EXPENSIVE... IM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN NCSOFT.  Put costume in RNG box? OMGOMG SO STUPID, VERY DISAPPOINTED, I'D BUY IT IF 15-20$ BUT NOT RNG BOX!!.

In the end, forum is pointless for them to take into account. They'll see how many people are buying the boxes and they'll base themselves on that. Altho this box is shit rewards so it may fail, but there will still be lots of ppl trying for the costume.

I think you're missing the point, I'm pretty sure almost all of us who are disgusted by this were perfectly fine spending money on the game, hell I bought a master pack to support the game and had planned to continue supporting it. But that was only if they didn't start rolling down the TERAPWIETC pain hill. Like that other dude said, even 30-50$ for a guaranteed item is fine to me. But I'm not paying jack for something that I'm not getting 100%. Before PW had RNG they had mounts for 60-80$...people bought them like crazy but there were no RNG boxes and that's why.

I'm probably wasting my time.

They sure do know the stuff players are wanting the most by putting them all in that RNG box...

Well, I honestly don't think you should buy it unless you're a impatient player that relies on their money to progress and win the game.

All of these items can be obtained in game if you put some time into it exception of few items that are cash shop only, even then it's cheaper to get them from direct purchase than relying on this box.

Need Key/Unsealing Charms?

Charms are expensive for around 10 silver per but just craft your own by contracting with crafting guilds or buy from NPC/Marketplace if you can afford to (not too hard after you hit lv 45 and start doing dailies for gold).

Jewel/Elements for gear experience?

Just take some time to go farm dungeons like Tomb of Exiles to get some lv 1-45 fodders (honestly not that hard to solo after lv 45 and have enough gear upgrades) or buy them off Marketplace from others (my server has them around 35~50 copper each usually).

Soulstones?

Do your *cricket*ing lv 45 faction dailies from the beach area and Misty Woods and you can get some every day. You don't need any before you hit lv 45 anyway honestly.

Brilliant Keys?

If you really want to just buy those and progress through the early game fast without spending like 30 regular keys to get your weapon material, just buy them individually from the Hongmoon Store rather than relying on a chance for it from this RNG Box.

Cinderlands/Moonwater Transformation Stones?

Contract with Soul Wardens to craft your own or just buy them off Marketplace from others.

Cinderlands is about average of slightly less than 7 silver per in our server and Moonwater is slowly dropping in price every day, as low as 4.59 gold in our server now.

Do your lv 45 dailies and you can make enough money to buy one and in few days you'll have enough for whatever you need.

Gem Hammer/Dragon Trade Pouch?

Just buy it directly off the Hongmoon Store than relying on this RNG Box.

Naryu Coins?

Go run some Poharan 24 man when you're ready for it at lv 45 to obtain them. They're not that hard to get.

Infernal Lord's Horn?

lol. Just go run some Tomb of Exiles or buy it off the Hongmoon Store if you REALLY want them ASAP, they're not super expensive in the shop.

Black Padded Coat?

Cool fash, but I already have some other outfits that I like so I don't really care to go for it.

If they put it in the shop as direct buy like other ones (it's fine if you put it in as limited time purchase like few other ones, just make it direct purchase), then I might consider buying it at some point.

NCWest, Do I need to elaborate more on why this box is worthless and waste of money?

You told us that we won't be getting RNG Boxes for our region, yet here we are.

I want to know who is the one in charge for this department that likes to flip their words around like ping pong world championship.

1 minute ago, Machder said:

Sorry, female costume I mean. Preferably Gon race.

As to the poster before me, they will listed. Trust me their communication with the devs and higher ups is paradigm and even a bat can see that. Question is, will the marketing brass act on such request? Unfortunately marketing only speaks one language (money) but hopefully the CFO can bridge that disconnect.

fa4ZXTM.png

12 minutes ago, Myleina said:

Players like me? You mean someone who likes the game and love to support them with my money so they can keep improving stuff? Someone that isnt crying because they're doing what every single other MMO does? Someone that has spare money and I can do whatever the *cricket* I want with it?

Or you mean someone that dislikes every server being 1-sided factionwise and that the lower faction has no way of obtaining certain end-game gems because we get camped by the other faction?

You guys are all crying for every single thing they put out. Costume is 20$? OMG OMG SO EXPENSIVE... IM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN NCSOFT.  Put costume in RNG box? OMGOMG SO STUPID, VERY DISAPPOINTED, I'D BUY IT IF 15-20$ BUT NOT RNG BOX!!.

In the end, forum is pointless for them to take into account. They'll see how many people are buying the boxes and they'll base themselves on that. Altho this box is shit rewards so it may fail, but there will still be lots of ppl trying for the costume.

You're missing the point.  There's nothing wrong with them making money, in fact I want them to do well but with ethical business practices. 

1 - They lied to us.
2 - RNG Boxes contain items that crash the economy and render crafting professions worthless.
3 - Cash shop prices are too high and price points are strategically set to leave left over NCoin to encourage more spending.

Honestly this list can go on and on.  I don't care about having a cash shop but I care about how they go about it, being dishonest and manipulative is not good business practice.  Apparently you're okay with that, so yes.  Players like you.  Shame on me for asking to be treated with respect and not like an ATM machine.  I really do feel sorry for you being so ignorant to the fact.   I've spent near 400$ on this game up to this point, obviously I have no issue supporting the game.  Apparently 400$ isn't enough per person not even a month into the game.

I still have tons of EMP in Tera (NCCoin equivalent) and don't play that game anymore nor am spending the EMP because the gatchapons sicken me. Now, if these boxes are in game already, NC Soft can still do something about it and look good. Add a new box. Guarantee a costume, add in bunch of fluff (potions, food, vibrators, -whatever) to justify the 700% increase in otherwise a costume slot, and tell the customers "we listened to you and want to show it".  Steep price is justified, wallet warriors are happy, and NC Soft will be capitalizing on newly captured, otherwise unavailable, revenue. If this is not a win-win situation I don't know what is.

Its a nice costume, but not worth the rng. If they would've set it up as a $15 costume then maybe ill buy. Hell even $25 or higher, but I am not going to pay for an rng box that has a sliver of a chance of appearing for me. Its already hard enough trying to get Infinite Challenger as is. Ill buy the rest of the stuff in the shop that are limited time only but thats it.

Ok ok then. Since I'm "missing the point" about me wanting to support them and also them supposedly lying to us...

What did you expect? All other BNS versions are like this, you expected them to not put RNG boxes in the NA/EU market? The one with the most stupid consumers on earth? You guys are the one that were lying to yourselves, not NCsoft. You'd be stupid to even think for a second that they would have never put RNG boxes.

And if you tell me "no no it's not RNG Box, it's RNG box that crash economy". Well same point applies, you'd be stupid to think they would put NOTHING in the rng box. Hell, if they put just crafting stuff, you guys will cry because "OMG PAY 2 WIN CRASH ECONOMY". If they put just Exclusive stuff non-tradeable. "OMG THATS BS I WANT A FIXED PRICE OF 50$". If they put a fixed price of $50. "OMG $50 WTF SO GREEDY"

Ha, so much butthurt over nothing.

The rewards from the boxes suck.   I have 2 characters and get 38 SoulStones a day, soon to be 57.  *Takes min 15-20min to do all 19 stones per character*

I have 18 Moonwater Transformation stones setting in my bank  (play with 3 people, and we craft together and get 5x Moonwater stones every 2 days each)

This is not even close to P2W, bunch of idiots if you think so.. Nothing in these boxes are worth the price..  You can get 15-20 or so gold a day per character doing Daily quests.

Guy above got like 6 soulstones ?  Thats less than 2 gold

Moonwater stones are only 6g each...

(At least on Mushin)   

Please realize.. these prices will tank even more to nothing when you get Soulstones from the beans.      Korea Server, last i heard it was 5 silver per soulstone.

TBH these boxes are just a RNG chance for a rare costume, and some random crap.. nothing more..... Totally.. end of the world..... right....

Was waiting so long for this outfit that I put 50 $ in. 30 boxes after I've got nothing this drop rate isn't even like Tera where you had to put around 40 $ to get a costume in RNG boxes. I'm so disappointed and disgutted of this. NCsoft is killing that. I was premium I won't be anymore and I won't buy anything from them anymore. Scammers.

1 hour ago, Mekusa said:

Anyone know if Black Desert will have rng boxes? I picked this due to being told it has the better combat system, and I do like it, but I am sick of rng my luck sucks lol.

No, not rng boxes but it will be basically pay 2 play.

With auction house being locked until you pay real money, etc.

25 minutes ago, Thoron said:

I honestly hope ppl don't buy this. It's cancer waiting to happen.

They already are though seeing as prices are slowly dropping (items that are in the boxes along with the costumes)

Watch tomorrow prices will be different in a bigger way

Wauw are you kidding me? im grinding my ass off to get money done, and now people can just buy boxes? i thought this game was work to win not pay to win, if they add more of these boxes im gonna give up on it, not grinding 4-5 hours a day so people with a better income, can simply buy their way to the top, *cricket* off.

1 minute ago, Vudis said:

No, not rng boxes but it will be basically pay 2 play.

With auction house being locked until you pay real money, etc.

black desert online will be buy 2 play so unlikely you have to spend any money after that to use auction house.

I like this game, and I'm willing to show economic maturity to this company.  I will buy some NC Coin to show support, but not buy the boxes.  That sends a more powerful message.  Buying nothing can backfire adversely. We want to show them that we don't want the gatchapons, not the entire hongmoon store.

1 minute ago, SjRuko said:

this drop rate isn't even like Tera where you had to put around 40 $ to get a costume in RNG boxes.

LOL.... Again and again and again... People are crying for no reason...

I've spent over 150$ in tera on RNG boxes without getting a single costume just as I've spent 5$ and got 2. RNG is RNG, you guys are so full of shit. There's probably someone out there very happy cause they got Black padded coat on 1st try.

Same with Awakening in Tera. Can spend 1mill and be +13, can spend 20k and be +15. Stop crying and deal with it, just quit already you bunch of whiners.

Archived