Forums

New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when the game first launched people were defending NC Soft and saying that this was a good launch because there were no rng boxes. In fact, the community was pleased that there was no option to throw money at this game unnecessarily (except for the high costume prices). I wonder why they would add something that the community was so against having...

2 minutes ago, skyy said:

I remember when the game first launched people were defending NC Soft and saying that this was a good launch because there were no rng boxes. In fact, the community was pleased that there was no option to throw money at this game unnecessarily (except for the high costume prices). I wonder why they would add something that the community was so against having...

Money-Money.jpgr

Enough said.

2 minutes ago, Shoshin said:

Thank you, sirs. 

How much does it cost in NCoin?

I'm  fairly certain regardless of cost that this probably isn't worth it as there are so many items that you'll rarely get what you're looking for.

159 for 1 ~ 1,599 for 11 ~ 3,999 for 28

1 minute ago, Shoshin said:

Money-Money.jpgr

Enough said.

Sadly this is true, fortunately for a good some of us we've learned through time that regardless of how much you love a game it's a much better option to just give it up and move on when the company gets too greedy.  I'm headed in that direction, slowly atm.  We'll see, there's some other amazing games on the horizon.

Ewh.  Still think Gacha boxes should generally be classified as illegal gambling.  I can only assume the reason they're typically companies best money makers is because gambling addicts simply can't stop themselves.  No rational person would ever participate.

That said, I have seen "decent" boxes.  Where they're flipped on their head.  The "cool" item is guaranteed, (say, the coat) and it's the consumables (say, everything else) that are the bonus random item(s).

So our choices then are $1.99 per box at 1,  $1.81 per box at 11, or $1.79 per box at 28.

Don't get me wrong, I have Rank 9 Premium (remote storage is the stuff), but even I am going to have to pass on this. Not paying those prices for RNG.

2 minutes ago, GinzaHibari said:

and the price of moonwater stones will now drop to around 2g

Exactly. I'll let other people buy a ton of those boxes and get their Moonwaters so that the price goes down on them and I'll just buy them with in-game gold. I get 25G a day anyway just doing dailies. Don't need these silly RNG boxes.

2 minutes ago, Shoshin said:

So our choices then are $1.99 per box at 1,  $1.81 per box at 11, or $1.79 per box at 28.

Don't get me wrong, I have Rank 9 Premium (remote storage is the stuff), but even I am going to have to pass on this. Not paying those prices for RNG.

What'd you do buy 1yrs worth of prem and the $100 pack?

8 minutes ago, Aaronax said:

I look at that and all I see is: key, lucky healing tonic, unsealing charm... forget the rest... if its anything like regular chests (most of the rare things also have a yellow % on it) you'll never see them anyways.

This is what I thought too when I saw the list.

How many times has anyone actually gotten a venture token (green), nevermind a brilliant venture token or brilliant key from one of the daily boxes? I can't see the chances for the "rare" stuff in the cash shop boxes being much better.

inb4 90% of the time, people only get a key and healing potion from the cash shop ones.

Now that I'm over my gotcha outrage, and now that I think about it, if this outfit is the one I think it is, I don't particularly mind if they put these anachronistic/out-of-place/shouldn't-be-in-game outfits in rip-off-boxes.  Hopefully it means I'll never have to see them.

Wow.  Pretty disappointed with this.

I wasn't super happy with how stingy the game was with Hongmoon Coins or how expensive the single-use costumes were but I thought at the very least it was nice that the shop wasn't littered with RNG boxes like TERA and I was happy to spend some money as a result. Then this happens.

It remains to be seen how far they'll take this, but I already see an (ugly, thankfully) exclusive costume in there so this is not an encouraging start.

Archived