New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

3 minutes ago, Imppi said:

I love seeing how dumb gaming companies can get with RNG boxes, i've already had 20 friends (not exaggerated whatsoever) tell me they uninstalled as soon as they saw the Boxes. We dont want that shit NCsoft, just put it in the damn shop you'll make more money that way. Wait till we tell you we want gacha to put gacha in game c; 

It's too late man, so long as we have people like above dumping their cash on a pissshot, for an item they don't even want that much (what?..) they don't care about long term customer loyalty.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Qondar said:

That's exactly why I think it would be a win-win for people like you to be able to sell your excess stuff in the AH.  Then they'd get your money, in exchange for what you enjoy, and also get my money in exchange for what I enjoy.  

But as it stands, they don't have a way to make money from me.  All the cash I spent in TERA and SWTOR was to get gold (not from gold sellers, by buying cash shop items and selling them in the AH) in order to buy outfits from other players.

But if players can't sell outfits in this game, then...

I still got quite an amount of money from this, basically, and I would've kept the outfit for myself. (30g for unsealing charms, 105g from soulstones, 30g from moonwater transformation stones, 5g from moonwater keys, 1g from cinderlands stones)

Probably wasn't worth it, and I probably am not gonna buy any more boxes anytime soon (I just go on a splurge a few times a year), but fun was had.

Please don't buy them people, they are not worth it. I've seen these stupid RNG boxes in other games and I've seen friends dump a ton of money and not get what they want. Good examples are Vindictus and Tera.

I wouldn't be surprised if the drop rate for the costume is 1%.

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

I still got quite an amount of money from this, basically, and I would've kept the outfit for myself. (30g for unsealing charms, 105g from soulstones, 30g from moonwater transformation stones, 5g from moonwater keys, 1g from cinderlands stones)

Probably wasn't worth it, and I probably am not gonna buy any more boxes anytime soon (I just go on a splurge a few times a year), but fun was had.

Don't worry, you already made the move worth it for NC... well done. ;)

This is just like the RNG boxes in Vindictus. The most recent set is not only horrid in its drop rate, but certain costumes can't even be traded on your own account. Whatever toon gets them gets them and that's it. You can get a male outfitter even if you only have female toons on your account and vice versa. Despite this, despite the horrible rates meaning it would cost on average $200+ to guarantee the costume you wanted there were still players buying them. You can't stop the people who are addicted or those who don't care about the state of the game or other players.

Regardless, speak with your wallets. I planned to buy Vday outfitters assuming that we get them, but as long as these RNG boxes are in the shop I won't spend any money on this game. I did the same with Vindictus, and I have no problem continuing with that practice here.

1 minute ago, Yulei said:

Please don't buy them people, they are not worth it. I've seen these stupid RNG boxes in other games and I've seen friends dump a ton of money and not get what they want. Good examples are Vindictus and Tera.

it's to late.

1 minute ago, Yulei said:

The more you buy the more they're gonna put in, they'll just keep lowering the drop chance of costumes, soulstones, etc and raise the chance for the shit things. 

DO NOT BUY RNG BOXES!!!!

3 minutes ago, Yulei said:

That's probably what it is! Maybe 0.5% actually, that seems to be the standard.

4 minutes ago, Killian said:

It's too late man, so long as we have people like above dumping their cash on a pissshot, for an item they don't even want that much (what?..) they don't care about long term customer loyalty.

Sorry about that! :D

Well, at least you could say I went on a brave mission to find out the outfit drop rate is abysmal. Maybe that would turn away potential great spenders away from it! Maybe I actually reduced the box sales!

hashtag hope

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

I would've kept the outfit for myself.

I've always suspected that the people who open the boxes keep the FIRST outfit they get for themselves.  But if they get more than one...

Though if the drop rates are so low that even the people who buy a ton of boxes never get more than one...well then.

2 minutes ago, Qondar said:

I've always suspected that the people who open the boxes keep the FIRST outfit they get for themselves.  But if they get more than one...

Though if the drop rates are so low that even the people who buy a ton of boxes never get more than one...well then.

Well, when an outfit drops you usually stop buying them. Having two of the same outfit on a character has no use at all here, you can't even sell them - just salvage for stuff, I guess.

2 hours ago, Infraction said:

Will this generate enough income to pay for fixing the tooltips with vague or just incorrect translations?

Yes. Roughly 1000x times the required funds.

Will they do it though ? I highly doubt that, every single action NCSOFT has done so far has sabotaged B&S in some way. 

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Well, when an outfit drops you usually stop buying them. Having two of the same outfit on a character has no use at all here, you can't even sell them -

That's my point - if you could sell them, there would be a use.

Also, at least in other games, people tend to buy the boxes in big sets, like 24 at a time.  So you could very well have a bunch still unopened after getting an outfit.  So maybe you wouldn't buy more, but you'd still have some left to open.

Edit: I should add, it's a plain fact that in SWTOR and TERA, rare gambling box outfits end up on the AH.  So even if people keep them for themselves and stop buying after they get them...there are still routinely excess ones.

8 minutes ago, Enhance said:

And here there come the Buy gold from cash shop.

here there start the pay to win, because in that game you need sh*t ton of money to upgrade your gear.

Well done NCsoft :]

1 minute ago, wootwoots said:

And here there come the Buy gold from cash shop.

here there start the pay to win, because in that game you need sh*t ton of money to upgrade your gear.

Well done NCsoft :]

Hongmoon Currency Exchange was no secret to anyone ever. It's currently disabled, but they already said you'll be able to buy gold for NCoins long before launch.

I am new to this game, however I have played more than few buy to play / subscription based MMORPGs before. Considering the amount of content and quality I get without paying is out of the world in this game. I see a lot of whining and name calling on the forum calling the company greedy. They have to make money to carry on... If you want to support the game and have it become big like League of Legends you might as well buy a skin or a box if you can and not be so damn negative about it, unless your intentions are to bury this game to the ground.

Just now, Enhance said:

Hongmoon Currency Exchange was no secret to anyone ever. It's currently disabled, but they already said you'll be able to buy gold for NCoins long before launch.

Here its a bit different, since they sell high value material, at see how sh*t load of money that guy made. ( and with the hongmoon exchange at least the guy spending gold can use the cash shop )

That's insane.

( when you see that while doing your main daily for gold you get around 6-8gold after 4-5dails hours.. i mean.. lol :D )

Just now, wootwoots said:

Here its a bit different, since they sell high value material, at see how sh*t load of money that guy made. ( and with the hongmoon exchange at least the guy spending gold can use the cash shop )

That's insane.

( when you see that while doing your main daily for gold you get around 6-8gold after 4-5dails hours.. i mean.. lol :D )

What's the "p2w" aspect difference between me selling NCoin, players getting Hongmoon coins, me getting gold versus me selling NCoins, players getting soulstones, and me getting gold?

I hope these gambling boxes generate enough income to hire some customer service that can process refunds for lost store purchases faster than 19 days and counting or at least hire someone from Kelly services for 5 minutes to send me my 2000 nccoin. Instead of telling me it will be handled in 24 hours every time I update the ticket.

2 minutes ago, Mithrilangel said:

I am new to this game, however I have played more than few buy to play / subscription based MMORPGs before. Considering the amount of content and quality I get without paying is out of the world in this game. I see a lot of whining and name calling on the forum calling the company greedy. They have to make money to carry on... If you want to support the game and have it become big like League of Legends you might as well buy a skin or a box if you can and not be so damn negative about it, unless your intentions are to bury this game to the ground.

Korea, Taiwan and every other Asian based company seemed to do fine with limited to no gacha o-  o

Archived