Players rejoining lobbies after kick

Crickateer

Can we please get it so that after a player is kicked from the lobby they cannot rejoin said lobby? Time and time again when something like ST aransu + is hosted you see players with baleful 10 or raven 3 trying to rejoin again and again. Its always the same player too. The sad thing of it all is that they just waste peoples time because we kickem and eventually another aransu player gets in. We all had to work for our gear...no free rides. They are basically trolling at that point when they spam rejoin

the game alredy gave you a tool "private room" just ask for pm then cheek the player gear and invite them sharing your pt party password.

Im not against making your own party setting for fast clearing but the system you are asking for will only make the game even more toxic, the way you sound  is the same of those who think raven 3 is not  enough to clear NF and higher dungeons.

6 minutes ago, Arkdain said:

the game alredy gave you a tool "private room" just ask for pm then cheek the player gear and invite them sharing your pt party password.

Im not against making your own party setting for fast clearing but the system you are asking for will only make the game even more toxic, the way you sound  is the same of those who think raven 3 is not  enough to clear NF and higher dungeons.

I fail to see how it compares to saying raven 3 isn't enough to clear nf (Thats an exaggeration). If you have raven 3 or baleful 10 and you are attempting ST you are nothing but a carry. Not to mention a lot of us like to clear these dungeons fast as we have irl work to go to. Since this game now especially after the weekly nerf forces us to do dailies. Sure raven 9 is enough for ST and we might let them slip in. Either way though if you are hosting a ST and a baleful 10 or raven 3 keeps spamming join they are just trolling. Adding this system will just make the toxicity even less because players like that who keep rejoining just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off us higher geared players. Then we all start to make stereotypes about lower geared players with a angry agenda against them for actions these players are doing. 

I would love to see NC put in a REAL system to block players on your blocked list from joining your party.  However, I don't see them doing this.  If they implemented it, it would probably slow the game down quite a bit with all those database calls and comparisons.

4 hours ago, Deadly Intent said:

I would love to see NC put in a REAL system to block players on your blocked list from joining your party.  However, I don't see them doing this.  If they implemented it, it would probably slow the game down quite a bit with all those database calls and comparisons.

I would love to see a system where DPS doesnt allow you to skip out on mechanics. that way high AP / dmg wouldnt matter in a dungeon run.

Yeah, honestly, though it can be annoying, I sometimes think players spam join dungeons like this, BECAUSE it aggravates those people... and honestly, I can understand why. I still constantly see people ask for ludicrously high AP or gear requirements for lower and lower dungeons. Heck, I JUST saw someone calling for 1.1k+... for EBONDRAKE CITADEL! My g/f's 1.1k WL, my 1070 SF and four more characters ranging from 870-970ap (3 KFMs with no badges and a FM) breezed through the dungeon and this guy needs 1.1k?

It's these uppity, high-level elitists that honestly do not make me feel bad when they get trolled or annoyed that a low-geared character has the AUDACITY to sully the very presence of their runs by showing up. It also makes me laugh thinking that this one low-geared player could be the most mech-capable member of the team, but no, no... only AP matters. Even though I literally have had that happen on multiple occasions. Heck, I remember pre-55 when my little BD outplayed every single whale in my party and ended up being only one of three survivors in DT... heck, I remember being the only survivor during a Snowjade Fortress run on my gunner during Dark Yeti and ended up tanking to bring the fight back around. But again, no... that doesn't matter at all.

I mean, if these high-AP players were SO good... I'm sure their damage and abilities should be able to handle a low-geared player, joining them... right? I mean... it's not like they're so inept that they couldn't cut it without a full whale party, riiiiight?

All sarcasm and joking aside, however, yes... there is a flipside to this - a lot of people just pop into a run expecting an easy ride through and that's pretty irritating too. I don't mind bringing in lower-geared people on dungeons I know I can do, so long as they at least TRY to contribute. I mind more that they stand in the corner and don't do anything. And heck, that goes for higher-AP players too - ones that will only fight the bosses, because they're "too good for the mobs" (no joke, I've had to put up with guys like that... I tend to leave the party on them).

In the end, having a way to force people not to join if you kick them could be an issue, however. After all, what if you accidentally kick the wrong person (say, if another person joined /left and the positions of the people shifted) or there was a misunderstanding? Now everyone has to wait for the person's "rejoin cooldown" to reset? More likely, everyone will leave and start a new party rather than wait around. Additionally, the ability to block problem players so they couldn't join your parties in the future would probably be a good idea, but if you think about the whole "five degrees of separation" concept (that every person in the world can be connected to you or someone you know through 5 people), it becomes increasingly difficult thing to manage. The party leader may not have blocked the person, but if someone else in the party did, does that mean they can't join either?

Ultimately, the way to solve the problem is with some degree of consideration. Instead of thinking about yourself, think about the situation. Could the person in question actually be capable of doing the dungeon with the remaining members of your party? If so, consider bringing them along and see what happens... or at the very least, ask the person if they know what they're doing in the dungeon. If they're new, tell them that they need to be familiar with the mechanics and that you won't be able to bring them. More than likely, they'll leave on their own, but if you kick them after, they at least have an answer. If they keep spam re-joining, then they're clearly trolling you and you can probably report them directly to the staff.

In other words, if you're going to lead the party, put a little more effort into it than just spam recruiting and doing AP checks...

20 minutes ago, SilverFoxR said:

Yeah, honestly, though it can be annoying, I sometimes think players spam join dungeons like this, BECAUSE it aggravates those people... and honestly, I can understand why. I still constantly see people ask for ludicrously high AP or gear requirements for lower and lower dungeons. Heck, I JUST saw someone calling for 1.1k+... for EBONDRAKE CITADEL! My g/f's 1.1k WL, my 1070 SF and four more characters ranging from 870-970ap (3 KFMs with no badges and a FM) breezed through the dungeon and this guy needs 1.1k?

This is the excuse of people who want to leech nothing stops them from opening their own lobby with less requirements. Rejoining a lobby over and over again is just toxic behavior there is no excuse for it.

Well i got 1.2k with Raven9 and know ST mechanics... But every time i join groups that advertise as simply 1.2k i get kicked because they expect Aransu.. That is very frastrating and i have to admit that i once lost it and spammed a group myself.

My point is, NCSOFT should find a better grouping solution as a whole.. just banning players means ignoring the core of the problem.

Simple gear score requirements could be a good start

On 7/31/2018 at 3:19 PM, Crickateer said:

If you have raven 3 or baleful 10 and you are attempting ST you are nothing but a carry.

Gonna try to remain as neutral as possible on this subject...

Not sure why your comparing baleful 10 and raven 3 when it should be baleful 12/raven 3. Bale 10 is comparable to raven 1. Anyway someone with bale 10 shouldnt even be trying. I believe someone with Raven 3 can do st especially if they are like me that have alts with raven 3 near 1.1 k if not 1.1k , know mechs, know when to block, know when to iframe and so on. They may not have the DPS to make it a quick run but if they know mech phases, when to block and can stay alive and do the cc stuff when its needed then its not like they are parking and being afk.

Now that i have said that , I respect its a risk no one wants to take because its not like those of us with alts has a neon sign over our head that says we are on an alt and have a main that is heavily geared which would be an obvious sign we know the mechs...most times. LOL ive seen plenty of heavily geared people with no knowlege of what they are doing.

For me though, i have rules for myself because of F8 and the potential for toxicity. One if a group is asking for 1.1 k i wont join even if im 3 AP under. Same with 1.2k, i dont care how well i know the mechs because it is a respect thing. Another rule i live by is that because i am admittedly slower at picking up on the new dungeons due to my slower learning curve cause of personal reason, i will not enter a pug group until i know the dungeon well enough. Its all about respect...

Respect...respect can stop a lot of the F8 toxicity if people just respect in situations such as when they get kicked. If you dont have the required gear and try to join thats fine. Sometimes groups are nice enough to let you hang out but if they kick you from the group dont keep attempting to rejoin, thats just down right disrespectful and immature plus it slows down the group from finding everyone in a timely manner and eventually can cause others to just leave too then making it longer to find a full party.

30 minutes ago, LoliDolly said:

Gonna try to remain as neutral as possible on this subject...

Not sure why your comparing baleful 10 and raven 3 when it should be baleful 12/raven 3. Bale 10 is comparable to raven 1. Anyway someone with bale 10 shouldnt even be trying. I believe someone with Raven 3 can do st especially if they are like me that have alts with raven 3 near 1.1 k if not 1.1k , know mechs, know when to block, know when to iframe and so on. They may not have the DPS to make it a quick run but if they know mech phases, when to block and can stay alive and do the cc stuff when its needed then its not like they are parking and being afk.

Now that i have said that , I respect its a risk no one wants to take because its not like those of us with alts has a neon sign over our head that says we are on an alt and have a main that is heavily geared which would be an obvious sign we know the mechs...most times. LOL ive seen plenty of heavily geared people with no knowlege of what they are doing.

For me though, i have rules for myself because of F8 and the potential for toxicity. One if a group is asking for 1.1 k i wont join even if im 3 AP under. Same with 1.2k, i dont care how well i know the mechs because it is a respect thing. Another rule i live by is that because i am admittedly slower at picking up on the new dungeons due to my slower learning curve cause of personal reason, i will not enter a pug group until i know the dungeon well enough. Its all about respect...

Respect...respect can stop a lot of the F8 toxicity if people just respect in situations such as when they get kicked. If you dont have the required gear and try to join thats fine. Sometimes groups are nice enough to let you hang out but if they kick you from the group dont keep attempting to rejoin, thats just down right disrespectful and immature plus it slows down the group from finding everyone in a timely manner and eventually can cause others to just leave too then making it longer to find a full party.

Im not comparing baleful 10 and raven 3. I stated that those were players that were joining. Either way they are indeed a carry (seriously you should have like raven 9). Get a team of raven 3 players and see how it goes for you (Vast majority won't even know mechs and itll take forever might not even meet enrage timer). You aren't even VT ready with raven 3 lol...  As far as the respect or whatever its common sense really other players should use if a group says a3 + you shouldn't be joining with anything under that (Or if someone says raven 6+ even). Players think they cannot read at that point which is even more reason to not let them into the group aside from gear requirements listed in their post.

The big issue here is players refusing to make their own groups for dungeons (if they have lower gear) and wanting to leech off others.

On 8/1/2018 at 3:28 AM, Cor said:

This is the excuse of people who want to leech nothing stops them from opening their own lobby with less requirements. Rejoining a lobby over and over again is just toxic behavior there is no excuse for it.

I'd argue that being an elitist doucebag to lower-geared players is far more toxic and one of the bigger issues why those lower-geared players have difficulty progressing. In fact, I'd say that it's one of the biggest reasons this community is considered as toxic as it is.

The simplest thing i usually do to prevent such lobby abuse is actually ask the player in question Nicely to leave and clearly states why (Even you already put 1.2K etc.. well people just can't pay attention sometime).  Believe it or not it works. No lobby abuse occurred. 

The worst is that not to deploy to dungeon until he/she left all by him/herself.   When i do have to press kick button, i said sorry with reasons then press it.

---

But of course not everyone have my amount of patience. i guess.

On 8/1/2018 at 1:09 AM, Arkdain said:

What's so toxic about being unable to spam a lobby where you're not wanted?

Actually, Arkdain did bring up a good point.

It would probably be a lot easier if people used features in the game that already exist but are ignored for whatever reason to solve the issues that they're having.

You can make a lobby and just lock it and say 'whisper me for invite' or make some W4Inv acronym like MOML or something lol

In addition to this, people can make parties in their servers too via one of those Fsomethings...was it F7? I can't remember

But you can just as easily make and advertise parties in server as well, in which case, you would just deny someone if they applied but were obviously much too low. This would also encourage people to get to know others in their server and have more friends to do things with quite easily. Not like any of you are in dead servers for NA, there's only two now.

JUST some things to consider. Some things to do the big think with.

That is unrealistic, the amount of time that would take plus no one would join. Its been tried in the past players prefer to just immediately join asap in dungeon lobby without a hassle. It would be very easy to just implement so that once kicked a player cannot rejoin that same lobby instance. MassiveEgo has the better point IMO. Besides players should not be able to spam rejoin like that to begin with its literally a flaw in the system

And, again... if you kick the wrong person out? They can't rejoin and you have to form a new party for them? Again, say you're about to right-click their name and as you do, someone else leaves the party, shifting positions and you right-click another person by accident? Maybe it's your high-geared tank. Maybe it's your buddy from the clan? Either way, you kicked the wrong person and, by your "idea", they're banned from that party entirely.

Again, maybe instead of taking the easy way out, you actually try being a party leader

raven 3/baleful/seraph9 is enough for sst, if you can't take gear like that in that means you are scared of trapping for hours, but you can simply avoid that by explaining them where to stand and it's pretty simple.

The lockout during a kick can easily be solved by having a 1 minute timer. This will deter spam joiners. On the off chance of accidentally kicking, which is rare (can't remember the last time I did that), they can just wait the 1 minute and rejoin. Better yet if you explicitly invite them, it overrides the lockout.

10 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

And, again... if you kick the wrong person out? They can't rejoin and you have to form a new party for them? Again, say you're about to right-click their name and as you do, someone else leaves the party, shifting positions and you right-click another person by accident? Maybe it's your high-geared tank. Maybe it's your buddy from the clan? Either way, you kicked the wrong person and, by your "idea", they're banned from that party entirely.

Again, maybe instead of taking the easy way out, you actually try being a party leader

Ive played this game since launch and ive never seen anyone "accidentally" kick someone. If the party leader is careless enough to do that then they deserve to be punished by reforming a group (which would solve the issue immediately).

P.S. You are being a party leader if you kick someone that joins with gear requirements under what you listed. You think the other members that join your group with said gear want them in as well? Think again, ive had members ask me to kick people as I was looking at their gear (loading their f2) because they looked at it already before I did.

This is such a common sense feature that there is no real argument against it really. The only real arguments ive heard are just lower geared players complaining about high requirements (easily solved by forming your own lobby). Even then that argument is not legit... Like why are you joining a lobby with higher gear requirements when you don't have the gear to begin with, thats like applying to med school in the states with one semester of college classes. You should expect to be denied entry at that point.

2 hours ago, RavTH said:

raven 3/baleful/seraph9 is enough for sst, if you can't take gear like that in that means you are scared of trapping for hours, but you can simply avoid that by explaining them where to stand and it's pretty simple.

Are you kidding? LOL! Anyways even if that were true even its entirely irrelevant to the discussion. If someone puts down the gear requirements they want for THEIR dungeon someone with lesser gear should not join and then spam join when they get kicked for obviously not caring/reading what the party leader listed. That is just toxic behavior and there is no excuse for it. Nothing is stopping from these players hosting their own lobbies. 

6 hours ago, Crickateer said:

Are you kidding? LOL! Anyways even if that were true even its entirely irrelevant to the discussion. If someone puts down the gear requirements they want for THEIR dungeon someone with lesser gear should not join and then spam join when they get kicked for obviously not caring/reading what the party leader listed. That is just toxic behavior and there is no excuse for it. Nothing is stopping from these players hosting their own lobbies.

yh, but usually they when I have 5 players well geared and someone joins in as 6th player with very under gear or don't meet the requirement which would be 1k then I will still go in since I rather not waste time in f8 lobby and wait for 6th person or deal with rejoiners and be progressing through the dungeon.

Archived