Upcoming Humble Brag System... off switch?

SilverFoxR

Hey, all.

So, in the notes for the upcoming patch, a new system will be placed in the game, known as the "humble brag". Here is the direct quote from the notes for those who haven't seen it:

A new “boast” chat box will display when you or nearby characters achieve certain milestones, like equipment evolutions, receiving special prizes when opening event boxes or Treasure Troves, or when a specific achievement is earned. Anyone can then click on the character or item links in the window to view more details. The window will disappear if there haven’t been any updates for a while, but you can click on the “See more” button to view a history.

Now, from reading this, I'm sure people can already begin to see that this Humble Brag system is going to be... problematic for some people. On the basic level, it's going to be a pop-up that will appear on the screen whenever someone does something like upgrading gear or getting an achievement, so seeing that pop onto the screen can be a bit annoying. On the other hand, this can also come off as a bit manipulative, essentially advertising drops people get from event boxes or Treasure Troves in order to entice players into trying to do the same (often to spend real life money) to get those rewards too.

Either way, I would like to know (or, suggest if it's not an option yet) to implement an option to turn off this "feature" from appearing on the UI, like many other things we can check off in the options menu. I feel that, at the very least, if there's an option to turn off this system, then it won't feel quite as forceful. Otherwise, I'm sure a lot players are going to shove that window as far off screen as possible and ignore it regardless.

Does anyone else have opinions on this new feature? Do you think it should be an option that can be checked off? Do you even care? Leave your comments below.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This feature goes to show the dev's absolutely do not play this game. Nobody wants this horrid 'feature'. The announcement, in clan, of achievements is bad enough now this utter trash. You couldn't be bothered to let us shut off the videos in-game instead we get this garbage. You guys need to sell this IP to an actual game company, which this clearly isn't.

I've read somewhere that they had this feature in an Asian server and had it removed due to the amount of complaints NC received. If that's true, I don't see why they'd think we would want it lmao. I can already feel the tension between players and all the complaints on the forums/chats. It'll definitely be a pain. 

3 hours ago, xInikox said:

I've read somewhere that they had this feature in an Asian server and had it removed due to the amount of complaints NC received. If that's true, I don't see why they'd think we would want it lmao. I can already feel the tension between players and all the complaints on the forums/chats. It'll definitely be a pain. 

It was in JP server. But seeing that theyre doing it now here made me remember the nightmares from other games when similar crap feature was spamming all over the screen and lag (by ping and fps drops) in games that my pc was 2-3 time stronger than recommended requirements to run them. Now imagine youre standing in Mushin or Zaiwei when troves is up and whales around you start doing noises.....

1 hour ago, avendurree23 said:

The devs said on stream that you can just push it aside and forget about it

Yes they said it that you can do it but still itll lag activating/spamming this crap for you even if you dont see it and they didnt say if its will reset it possition when you do it 

+1 to every post in this thread.

---I don't even have a visible pet because it is useless load on my pc and a distraction

---this game has constant ping issues, so what do you do? add more completely unnecessary data that gets sent out to all the clients

---the motives behind this are transparently reprehensible, shame on you all.

This:

5uYEai5FRdaVzhN2m4yLgg_zps7jfvgvvd.png

How do I disable this? This pop up is extremely irritating, and distracting.

Jonathan said on the "Blade & Soul - Patch Preview Part 2- Dawn of the Lost Continent" video on Twitch at the 43 min 10 sec mark that if you don't like it you can just drag it off your screen. Here is that video if you want it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/205577662

When I go into the "Customize UI" settings, yes it lets me drag it off the screen, but then when the next message pops up, it puts itself back on the screen even though I dragged it completely off or 99% of the way off the screen and confirmed doing so. Is this a bug that is intended to be fixed? If so, I don't see it on the list of known issues in the forums under Bug Reports.

I thought it might be linked to the chat, so I tried disabling system messages, but it still pops up.

Perhaps there is a different way to disable it in the settings somewhere? I don't even know what this window is called, so I don't know what to look for.

Please help. This thing is actively making the game's enjoyable experience worse.

This feature is absolutely unwanted, Honestly, who would even want something like this, as if this community isnt toxic and unfriendly enough without us having to see it everytime some "whale" gets some gear upgrade. This is obviously a manipulative way to push micro-transactions in game, a "look at what this pplayer just got, you could get it to by spending some money". Nobody wanted this NC West, if you had even bothered to ask the community if they wanted such a feature, you would have known that. Absolutely shameless

I was literally about to buy 2 costumes from the store: "Checkered Past" and "Odyssey," (One as a gift for a friend who just started playing) but then when I realized I couldn't get rid of this... internet popup box, I put my credit card away rather than buying the Ncoin needed for the costumes. I am also embarrassed that I recommended this game to my friend for the new expansion and then they were presented with that thing because of my recommendation. I wonder if they are going to complain to me about it, asking if they can get rid of it, and I have to say, "No." They are kind of wishy washy. They might quit over something like that. That guy Bardo just did.

I guess this company doesn't know what is called "privacy". Not everyone likes to show off in the game. If they want to show something to their friends, they can just link in the chat. 

It is just like they replaced the wooden door at the washroom with a full transparent glass door.

I hope they get rid of this. Pretty sure this won't be doing any good to ping. Why add something that likely has a negative impact on ping when this is already such an issue for so many people? I also don't appreciate having this shoved in my face in a blatant attempt to make me use F10.

I don't want to hide that pop up, I want it turned off so I don't waste any resources on something so useless. I was going to spend a couple hundred bucks over the Christmas holiday. Won't be spending anything unless this is removed or we're given an option to turn it off, not just hide it

Archived