Destroyer - worst PVE class (wall of text).

Said

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Laoshottie said:

DPS might not be great, but heh, people now want us even more than ever. If a rare item drops, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

Sure, but given the choice between a destroyer or an equally geared BD, which one do you think the party would prefer to have?

Destroyers do not really bring anything unique to a party to justify having the worst sustained dps. Things like rescue and cocoon may seem nice to have skills on the surface but in practice you will hardly have a chance to use them in the middle of a boss fight in the end game dungeons.

Destroyers role in this game does seem to be a bit of a mystery now. Normally low dps would be a characteristic of a tank or healer class, yet destroyers can't tank because of next to no threat generation and we do not have party healing, dispel or iframes. The classes that do have those support skills however have far higher dps than us.

While I can see the logic of the poor dps as far as PVP is concerned (with the number of CCs we have high dps would be completely unbalanced) this has really gimped the class as far as PVE is concerned.

NightFer:

Show me where is the destroyer in the word dps? Its not a dps class, it may be support class, but even its support is iffy. FM is not a tank, it helps skipping mechanics/reducing amount of iframes people need if they screw up. Not to mention aoe ranged damage negation. How can you compare destroyer? How its possible to use destro's cc and not sacrifice damage? Try doing mushin and fighting vs massive bosses, the most you can do is like 1/8 of your dps during grab. Versus smaller ones its more like 1/5 because of wedge. FM has more than enough iframes to spam 3 buttons during every fight, he barely has to move, while destro should pay attention to every attack as hes very likely to be in range. They both are not tanking classes, fms are generally weaker, destroyers lack threat generators. Good thing is that melee classes in general have more options for damage mitigation compared to ranged, but hey, who must be in range to attack anyway.

Name one thing in which destro rules. Is it endgame viable and does it even work in solo play? For me dps checks ruin everything in solo, I need more gear than others to clear in similar time or even finish before time ends.

I have a destroyer that I leveled to 50 but don't play as much.  Anyways, since the patch the animation or casting speed or eradicate has been sped up.  Does it mean it will outperform LMB/RMB cleave?  Plus if you get Chilling Flame Elixir Galeforce does so much damage and gives 120 focus over 4 seconds with only a 6 second cooldown.  

I haven't tested it but it just seems like eradicate is much easier on the fingers and gives good dps, spam RMB then F galeforce.  Repeat.

Ever since I got the HM emberstomp I feel so much more confident against summoners in arenas.  HM emberstomp is their bane.  Also while the zen bean emberstomp way not be useful in pve, in 3v3 arenas, it can save teammates from long cc stuns, reduce damage taken in 2v1 situations, etc.

But still, I have very low damage compared to summoner because I went to SSP after I upgraded my weapon and with like 560 ap I was really bad... compared to my summoner if with 560 ap will be doing big damage.

4 hours ago, dklm said:

I have a destroyer that I leveled to 50 but don't play as much.  Anyways, since the patch the animation or casting speed or eradicate has been sped up.  Does it mean it will outperform LMB/RMB cleave?  Plus if you get Chilling Flame Elixir Galeforce does so much damage and gives 120 focus over 4 seconds with only a 6 second cooldown.  

I haven't tested it but it just seems like eradicate is much easier on the fingers and gives good dps, spam RMB then F galeforce.  Repeat.

Basically shadow build is about 12% less dps than earth on a stationary target. On a moving target however, shadow is better as it gives you mobility. The problem with shadow (other than lower HP regen) is the chi/focus regen is far lower and less reliable than Earth, so with our current gear you can easily run out of chi/focus very quickly. I tested with 60% crit rate and could only really keep the rotation going for around 70 seconds on average before i ran out of focus (1 hour test on a dummy in mushin tower).  Lower crit rates will run out sooner than that.

For shadow you really need to keep willpower up for the full effect so the rotation is :

Typhoon > Eradicate (spam) > Galeforce (when procs) > repeat > Execute (refreshes willpower when low) > Eradicate (spam) > Galeforce (when procs) > repeat > Typhoon (when willpower is low)

In Korea they have better soul shields and soul badges so their chi/focus regen potential is better than our is at the moment so shadow build is pretty usable there. 

Interesting note. just tested again on the 3 test dummies instead of the single and I could pretty much keeping going indefinitely. So guess so long as you have more than one target at a time it seems fine.

PS: animation on shadow build is way cooler than earth!

Iam playing destros since the betas and I really love to play them.

I was satisfied with my dmg and my utilies overall.

Also the new restraint skill helps a lot, but with buffing of bd I really see no reason, why people should play Bd and not destros.

We got less dmg, less i-frames, in situations also less aoe (taifun is great ofc, but it has a long cd).

In pvp BD are also a lot stronger then destros, they got restrain-grab but they don't have to tab out, if someone is grabbing them. They got a counter-skill independent on other skills.

NC Soft, please give them a bit more love.

20 hours ago, Reaper00 said:

Typhoon > Eradicate (spam) > Galeforce (when procs) > repeat > Execute (refreshes willpower when low) > Eradicate (spam) > Galeforce (when procs) > repeat > Typhoon (when willpower is low)

wrong.

Typhoon > Wrath (3 seconds) > Eradicate (spam), Galeforce (when procs) > repeat > Execute (refreshes willpower when low) > Wrath (3 seconds) > Eradicate (spam) > Galeforce (when procs) > repeat > Typhoon (when willpower is low)

using this rotation with seraph axe let me almost always remain with 200MP buff and on higher stages i will never left without it.

and about DPS,i dont know what about you but when i play 4-man with party same AP as mine i never get left behind in DPS except for skilled blade masters.

if i try really hard and never grab (tested few times) i can even top DPS if theres no blade master in party.

and about earth vs shadow.

earth has higher DPS if only and only if:

if you have 80ms and under. 

if the target is not moving.

if the target is not attack you back.

and last,about recovery. it been said here that shadow has less hp recovery. what?! are you crazy?

you can actually recover FULL HP with gailforce or recover 20k hp if used gailforce with HM emberstomp againts boss.

sure destroyer need some buffs but not something THAT drastic.

one thing iam sure will be great is to add PIN ability for destroyer,ill explain:

you grab the boss,you wait until time is almost over,you press V,and then you throw/kick the boss on the ground and stand on him,pinning him down for another 6-8 seconds while giving you ability to use long division.

On 8/29/2016 at 10:51 AM, InstantDeath said:

Imagine what would happen if they were to dps like a FM and resisted everything at the same time... Typhoon and Emberstomp give you nearly infinite resist to CC, so yes, Destroyer needs buff :)

Edit : Forgot to mention ; Spin 2 Win :)

Spin 2 win, God I forget that world still goes around after 6 months lol ?

Emberstomp is usefull in term of facing Nexus Boss aoe dps or Necro scropine aoe dps only for 10 second for yourself only, But against other bosses it just useless skill myself go for stage 3 for dps

And in term of pvp Emberstomp can be broken by knockup or pull

And as for your stupid spin2in thing, Blue spin require 20/100 focus while red spin require 20-10/100 of focus (So gave them both around 4 second before you lose them ) beside Blue spin is broken by pull/knockdown /Parry pierece in pvp while red spin is bugged can be broken sometime by pull or charge skills and don't forget Assissan Body switch that *cricket* it up 

So yah spintowin

2 hours ago, AlanWake said:

and about earth vs shadow.

earth has higher DPS if only and only if:

if you have 80ms and under. 

if the target is not moving.

if the target is not attack you back.

This is just straight up incorrect.  The only time shadow build has a chance vs earth is if it's a moving target.  I play with near 300ms and earth still destroys shadow.

I would like to add some stuff for this classes aswell mostly about pvp, Cause I start to hate pvping with my destroyer cause it getting lame everyday

I not talking about 1v1 only but 1v1,3v3, 6v6 and open world pvp, In general destroyer not only lacking in design of animation style, Dps, Skills in general.

Like I see many instance there every other classes in better than destroyer in pvp or pve :
Note : * Refer to skill effective in pvp as in term of 1v1 or /* as it affect 3v3,6v6 and open world as well.

Why Blade Dancer is better ? Grab require no cc over target except Bosses/*, Do alot of dps during that grab*, Plus that sweet dps you got same effect of Destroyer grab ( Restrain  )/* and don't forget that they did manage to pump that grab with frontal block like destroyer grab in last patch/*, Perfect light dps every 30 second that with perfect time and cc can chain into 100-0  /*, Escape from grabs every min /*, 2 Iframe with 12 second CD and 1 Iframe with 8 second CD /*, Immune every 30 second for 5 second or 5 hits/*, Immune for 2 second every 30 second /*

Why Force Master is better ? Grab require no cc over target except Bosses/*, Pure CC of stuns and  perfect Dps for all time that make any destroyer goes for 2 escape in 1v1 cause there no point of using fury cause they can mutli dps you  /*, Two types of escape of 36 second CD /*, 2 Iframe with 16 second CD /*, Projectiles immune/*, Self/Aoe Freeze against attacks every 30 second /*, Big Heal freeze every min /*

And ofcourse you can make them thing to every class and see the difference, Assassin pure solo dungs class can bypass mobs and such very helpful in parties and op shit in 1v1, BM same, every class is same except Destroyer

Destroyer features 3 Iframes at the max of it , 12,24 and 45 or 1min Iframe depend on which path you take for red spin, Shit Dps ani-cancel that depend on you standing steal and need perfect ping to make good consume , Grab of 18 second CD or 30 second in pvp, What else ? Ahh yes a stupid shield to protect people who recover chi but wait sometime it get bugged and sometime it can't be applied cause target system is *cricket*ed up

9 hours ago, Valiant said:

Spin 2 win, God I forget that world still goes around after 6 months lol ?

Emberstomp is usefull in term of facing Nexus Boss aoe dps or Necro scropine aoe dps only for 10 second for yourself only, But against other bosses it just useless skill myself go for stage 3 for dps

And in term of pvp Emberstomp can be broken by knockup or pull

And as for your stupid spin2in thing, Blue spin require 20/100 focus while red spin require 20-10/100 of focus (So gave them both around 4 second before you lose them ) beside Blue spin is broken by pull/knockdown /Parry pierece in pvp while red spin is bugged can be broken sometime by pull or charge skills and don't forget Assissan Body switch that *cricket* it up 

So yah spintowin

How many classes have knockup or pull ? Assassin's Turning Leaf doesn't work on Q and it's the only opener against a destroyer which you can resist easily by SS>C combination.

Yeah, still spin 2 win :)

On 8/29/2016 at 5:23 PM, Said said:

Since game beginning destroyer had been a mediocre class. Never too good, never too bad. But 4 years have passed, some classes have been buffed, some redesigned and now Destroyers found their place ... AT THE BOTTOM.

0. Old/outdated design.

From ancient times destroyer have been all about anicancel. It seems to be our blessing, but turned into our curse.

Since destroyer is designed for DPSing really fast with his anicancel, every downtime hurts his DPS badly.

Out of chi? Huge DPS loss. Boss hitbox problems (Sundered Nexus) or boss moved? DPS loss. Boss out of range (Asura, Taikhan)? DPS loss.

Yes, I know some other classes have anicancel, but they don't suffer from flaws of this mechanics so much.

For example BD with equal gear doesn't suffer DPS loss even if he grabs target. He just backs into charts in 10-15 seconds (and outdps destro).  Destroyers cant do the same - if you grab you lose, boss moved - you lose, low on chi - you lose. etc. Slam+wrath after grab doesn't help at all.

1. Worst chi management (I know its called focus, but since all other classes have chi, I will call it chi).

Excuse me if I am wrong, but imho destoyer now is last class who still may have chi problems, even with good gear.

All destroyer DPS cycle during bossfight is about using lmb-rmb as fast as possible (plus burst once per 45 seconds). Not only destroyers are hugely ping dependant, but also every lmb-rmb cycle is rng gamble.

No crit lmb? Less chi. Small ping issue? Rmb-rmb instead of lmb-rmb - chi loss. If you press Lmb-Rmb too fast game will skip Lmb and you'll end without chi. Again.

Destroyer reminds me an old car.  First you enjoy the ride, but then suddenly you hear strange noises from the engine, and your car stops. You can never predict when destro engine will stop, will it be ping, no-crit combo or something else.

Also all our chi regenerating abilities are really bad. We don't have reliable "Oh sht, I am out of chi" button.

Destroyers either have to waste CC use (blitz/ram), or put skill points into terrible talents like Stage 1 emberstomp (huge DPS loss compared to Stage 3 emberstomp) or into Stage 2 smash.

Btw Stage 2 smash is not bad, its AFWUL. You know, when suddenly run out of chi, ability which requires 20 chi just to activate it and provides SLOW (20 per sec) chi regen is a bad choice. I tried it for some time and it doesn't worth it at all. Wasted skill points.

LMB aka Judgement... Why lmb casting speed is SO SLOW? When destroyer use LMB not as part of anicancel he looks like drunken dystrophic with axe.

2. Unsupporting support.

Okay, lets imagine we can live with worst DPS (we cant actually). Lets see how good destroyer is as "support" class.

We can grab and use "iron fortress." Thats all.

And yes, new improved grab with "restrain" appeared in game AFTER Korean destroyers realized that they are worst.

As for grab destroyers are still completely outshined by BD's who have:

1. better DPS.

2. better surviavabilty.

Iron fortress? Don't make me laugh. The party must be REALLY bad to make it useful.

Now lets have a look at other DPS classes who are NOT support but have utilities.

FM - best DPS, best party save, projectile shield and "oh shit" abilities. Backbone and carrying element of any party. You may live without any class in your party. Except FM.

Summoner - very good DPS (much better than destro), party save, party heal, projectile shield, cat(!) who can resurrect party members, tanking abilities. THAT WHAT I CALL SUPPORT.

WL -  very good DPS, tanking add, AWESOME DPS buff which can be used anytime and still better than restrain as DPS boost.

KFMs -  very good DPS, tanking, strong party buff.

Sins - very good DPS, projectile shield, party buff, maybe some other utilities I didn't mention.

Summary -  any OTHER class is better support than destroyer and have higher DPS.

Our stage 4 emberstomp is useless. Its freaking so outdated and useless, so it should crumble into dust. And if taken its DPS loss. Again.

By the way NC Soft could redesign Stage 1 emberstomp turning it into party, buff providing +10% damage to anyone in range (so destroyer could choose like Kfm between personal and party buffs), but I doubt it will ever happen.

3. Lowest damage

You know another funny thing?

Despite all mentioned above destroyer ability damage is just LOW. Yes. Other classes just get BIGGER numbers in equal gear. When you see 8k - they see 10k, when you see 10k - they see 12k and so on....

Some classes have DPS abilities with initial higher damage. Some have abilities that seem to have lower damage, but in real fight because they are boosted by some other "insert name" abilities their actual damage is higher.

I wonder if any eu/na destroyer have seen 50+k crit from any ability? I've it seen once at times when I still had true scorpion weapon and caught some undergeared guy at SPP. Fury+stun+smash+ challenger and sparring soulshields = wow I've hit for 50+ k. Once.

KFM sees such(and higher) numbers regularly, just as part of their rotation. End of story.

For you understanding 700 AP destro have DPS equal to 600 AP FM, or 650 AP any other class. Something like that.

4. Worst iframes

When DPS and utilities are not enough there is another problem -  destroyer is BAD class for soloing. Mushin tower, infinity tower, solo achievements or farm - destroyers never were good there. Don't tell me about praetor19, I've seen his videos. He was playing his destro for years and still he never shined among equal geared Koreans, because destroyer sucks as class.

Btw have you seen first destroyer NA/EU video "Yeti Tamer" on reddit?

Of course you haven't.

Because even biggest fan/whales playing this class haven't done it yet (I am talking about real solo kill, not party leaving version of it).

5. Clunky outdated class mechanics and skill.

No double CC.

Yes we don't have double cc. If we want to CC the boss we have to use 2 separate abilites, which can be useful for something else. Blitz and ram are both "gap closers" and chi regen, so if we use them for cc, we waste their utility potential.

"F skills" problem aka

Knee+Mighty cleave+grab = WTF???

I have HM Rmb. The one from chilling flames elixir. Its not bad, but because it is an "F skill" it drives me mad.

First it conflicts with grab. Because when I lmb-rmb-lmb-rmb-F for mighty cleave and someone CCs target I grab and drop instead of using mighty cleave.

Also we have KNEE, which dazes after mighty cleave and brings ever more "conflict control'.

Either I should waste two skill points to make "knee" nondaze, either it may bring to some surprises during boss fight when you use mighty cleave and suddenly KNEE.

Imho knee should provide chi regeneration as baseline and daze only if 1 skill point is invested.

Rage vulnerability.

I am old mmo player. I've seen UO during dialup times, first Everquest and some other old stuff. Lots of other stuff.

Destroyer resembles Arms warrior from WoW. I've played both classes a lot, so I can say destroyer design philosophy was partially inspired by it (and L2 destro, I know).

Problem is that this "extra incoming damage/lowered defense" feature is TOTALLY FREAKIN OUTDATED. Its time to throw it away. Its just annoying.

5. Useless HM skills and skill trees.

Nearly half of our HM skills and skill trees can be thrown into trashcan. They are useless.

Zen bean (emberstomp), 300 pages hurricane, stage 1 cleave, stage 1 and stage 4 emberstomp, Body kick 2 stage, headbutt and many, many more.

I think devs can see statistic of unused talents/skill, so there is no need to list them all.

6. ZERO basic critical chance.

Another thing from ancient times and outdated mechanic. Destroyers have 0 basic crit chance.

There is NO logic for this now. But yes, destroyers have 2-5% lower crit. chance that any OTHER class.

Another brick in the wall of sucking.

7. But you are good at pvp (are supposed to be).

I don't remember destroyers winning tournaments ever. Period.

And yet about been old and outdated. When I watch Korean streams destroyer is the only non-spectacular class. Tab, tab, c, grab, rage - oww, enemy ran away. Literally every destroyers move can be countered.

No dynamics, no cool counter-attacks and stuff. Plain and boring.

8. Hated child.

Now comes the real fun.

Korean developers knew about problem for years. They just didn't care. Nobody loves guy with the axe.

They love their Megumins (FMS), Narutos (SINs), Kiritos(BMs)... But not the axe guy.

Issue with destroyer DPS only become obvious when DPS-meter went live on Korea. If I remember right it was march 2016. As far as I know there was some fuss at Korean forums about that, and you know what happened? Almost nothing.

They started fixing "dark build". Three month later. And added "restrain" for destros/bd's.

During June, July, August the devs were buffing "dark build". That's all. People who had all statistics for years didn't care until users start to cry.

Conclusion.

At this point I think its pointless to play with this class.

I think its time to quit. I don't see any bright future for destroyer in this game. I have legendary weapon, HM 11, all necessary HM skills and class is still bad.

Every pug 4 man run is a humiliation for me. Every 4man run with guild feels like favor. To hell this all.

I heard about destroyers possible DPS issues before, but I couldn't even imagine that DPS problem is SO big.

I was thinking - maybe legendary weapon will help, HM skills will help, proper gems will help. Now I have it all and it doesn't help. Its all worthless and pointless, because class is BAD.

When I've seen real numbers, thanks to DPS meter I think that playing with destro was a big mistake. I've never been FOTM player, but being 30% (or more) worse than anyone else... Screw it.

Suggestions (for future generations. lol):

1. Class needs complete overhaul by Korean devs. Anything will be better.

2. My personal suggestions.

-LMB (Judgement) cast speed must be increased.

-RMB(Cleave)  cost needs complete redesign. Cleave need slight range increase.

-Knee should provide chi regeneration as baseline and daze ONLY IF 1 or more skill points are invested.

-Stage 2 smash, chi regeneration should be increased. Hugely. Cost should be 0.

-Stage 4 emberstomp should be copy of FMs/Cats bubble.

-Stage 1 emberstomp should provide 10% damage boost to all party members within range. Range changed to 10m.

-Emberstomp summary - stage 1 party dps buff, stage 2 pvp/personal resistance, stage 3 personal damage buff, stage 4 projectile defense.

-Stage 3 shield should provide longer and stronger party resistance and/or something cool.

-Class need some passive ability (soul of destroyer?) designed for long boss fight (and unusable in PVP). Like if you DPS target for 10 seconds nonstop you get damage boost. It may be some kind of stacking buff/debuff, doesn't matter.

totally agree with You 

On 29-8-2016 at 7:51 PM, Draelth said:

By this logic Summoners and BD should be doing more or less the same DPS, and since you are at it include FM or... any other class but tanks/sins, because in reality none of those clases are hard to use.

Anyway, while I don't agree 100%, OP is right and you can tell that devs don't care that much because destros are not a popular in any region.

Destroyers are way tankier than summoners, bd's and fm's. That means that you have quite a lot of room for error. They don't have to tank, their main damage source comes from left and right mouse button and they can pretty much survive anything with hm emberstomp and spin. 

4 minutes ago, Natello said:

Destroyers are way tankier than summoners, bd's and fm's. That means that you have quite a lot of room for error. They don't have to tank, their main damage source comes from left and right mouse button and they can pretty much survive anything with hm emberstomp and spin. 

You are wrong, Summoners, BD's and FM's got better Iframes.

20 minutes ago, Draelth said:

You don't have to iframe anything that isn't a 1 shot on a destroyer, you can either take the hit and steal back all the hp or spin to reduce the damage to nothing.

6 minutes ago, Draelth said:

That's the thing, destroyers don't need to iframe when they've got a spammable defensive skill. (If you exclude things like yeti.) Iframes have cooldowns and in my experience, people (bad people) don't use their iframes at the right time, they will have it on cooldown on crucial moments and just die. The same bad people can survive by just pressing tab on a destroyer. 

Take the bd for example. Their main damage source comes from draw stance that they have to keep on using for as long as possible. If they've allready used z to get their crit up, then all they have left is Q en E to iframe. Q and E requires a target to cast and is a bit harder to time than the destroyer's spin. The rest of their iframes throws them out of draw stance hence lowering their dps. You can't use spin while in draw stance either. 

Summoner doesn't only need to keep an eye on theirselves but also on the cat, they have to use their cat's abillites too.

A lot of fm's get aggro because of their high damage, they have to keep in melee distance so the boss doesn't keep running around in circles and time their iframe right so they don't get one shot.

The only thing a destroyer has to do is pop fury and anicancel while occasionally use smash and grab. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like good destroyers in my party. Long grab for skills to cooldown and they can bunch trash mobs for easy fast AoE. They seem to have good DPS in the right hands. Blade dancer damage during grab isn't much, so I don't see why it's worth mentioning. 

On 8/29/2016 at 11:28 AM, QRob said:

didn't read it through, was freaking long, but i think i got your point. your point is that destroyers r not as good in pve as they should be.
well my point is, i've seen destros on the dps meter without legendary making insane dps, also their grab is now very important. 
imo they r better than ever.

To be fair if you're gonna tl;dr then don't comment.

On 30/08/2016 at 7:18 AM, Laoshottie said:

DPS might not be great, but heh, people now want us even more than ever. If a rare item drops, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

Yes , true!

But a small warm: When using Grab of course the PT can Detonate any Boss quickly . However in Harbor and Supply ( blue quests in map)  The Warrior don´t recieve any Lot If only use Stun+Grab in the boss . 2 grabs and Slashimi gone and no Lot for Warrior ! :()

Wait another and Kill again . 

The Same with Sobo and Tae !

[ ] ´s

TheHawk

Archived