Destroyer - worst PVE class (wall of text).

Said

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Donthink said:

Well said OP, well said. Also @peopple who think 8 sec grab=8 restrain it is not- it is bugged and still is 6 sec (Explanation)

It's not really a bug. You can see the restraint applied as a 6sec debuff on a grabbed target separate of grabbed status. The badge doesn't extend the restraint debuff. It's why I decided to ask for the badges back and bought the redspin one for pvp. 

6 hours ago, Stensatsu said:

It's not really a bug. You can see the restraint applied as a 6sec debuff on a grabbed target separate of grabbed status. The badge doesn't extend the restraint debuff. It's why I decided to ask for the badges back and bought the redspin one for pvp. 

One way or another it is bug- if the restrain status was intended to last 6 sec with grab when grab description is incorrect which now states that "Restrains  enemy in Grab status" which not happening while enemy is in grabbed state for 8 sec. Correct description now  as skill currently working would be "Restrains enemy in Grab status for 6 sec"

I agree on SOME things. But I think you're overreacting to leave the game only for the DPS Meter. I also think the other classes have advantage over the destroyer by the long range attacks, especially with the bosses that doesn't stop moving.

I'm not following the discussion, so my answer is direct to the author of the thread.

On 2016. 09. 11. at 3:45 AM, Spudsy2061 said:

To be fair if you're gonna tl;dr then don't comment.

in the title it comes out what's his opinion is. the other things he wrote r just examples...,  examples which I don't require to know to give my opinion. If i had read it through, I would have said the same, because what I said was a general opinion.
thank you sir.

On 11/09/2016 at 6:42 PM, UnderJustin said:

I agree on SOME things. But I think you're overreacting to leave the game only for the DPS Meter. I also think the other classes have advantage over the destroyer by the long range attacks, especially with the bosses that doesn't stop moving.

I'm not following the discussion, so my answer is direct to the author of the thread.

Uptime for range classes compared to destroyers could factor in, doesn't explain why every other melee class can also out dps destroyers easily at comparable gear levels as well though. Trouble with destroyers, out side of wrath ani cancel, our sustain damage is pitiful and the burst damage we do have is nowhere near enough to compensate that fact. 

If you compare group utility as well as dps, destroyers are just bottom of the pack and have been close or at that point for some time now. Apart from grab, we don't really have any worthwhile utility even though people always argue the point ' Well, destro's shouldn't be number 1 dps, they're a support class'. People over inflate the value of destroyer grab because it lets them see big numbers, they forget that during that time, destroyers do absolutely nothing so any additional group dps has to factor that in (more so for 4 man groups than 6). We make awful tanks so we don't support a party in this way either. Grab is the only real boon we bring and that doesn't help at all with solo play or personal dps.

edit: About the moving, think we're one of the only classes that can't use our main damaging ability while moving if not the only one. Why would they put that restraint on it and have it hit like a wet noodle. If they wanted to turn us into some kind of melee turret, it should at least feel like you're doing more damage with it.

1 hour ago, hwalien said:

what ever I pay needs godly buffs. what ever others play need nerf cus it OP.

I don't even know why I read these posts anymore.

Sometimes it's justified, sometimes it's not. In this case, the general consensus is the former from what I've read. LBM's do everything destroyers do but better when it comes to PvE.

5 hours ago, Wataru said:

Like what? Token damage during grab?

That's one part, yea. Obviously the grab damage isn't as good as the restraint abilities the other party members are using at the time, it's a lot better than the destroyers 0 damage at that point though. Outside of grabs, blade dancers just do a lot more damage than destroyers . As well as that, they have access to party iframes and better cc.

Better damage and better utility, not much else to it really.

Curses to Ani-Cancel!!!!  I have like 190ms ping at best, and at peak hours it's in the 300's to 500's and can fluctuate 100 ms during a single fight.....

I rolled a Destroyer and could only Ani-Cancel the first attack.  Then, timing was impossible, and the only way I could ani-cancel again was to stop attacking and cancel the first attack again...  Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.  Needless to say, I deleted my Destro at level 6.

3 hours ago, HeyBear1 said:

That's one part, yea. Obviously the grab damage isn't as good as the restraint abilities the other party members are using at the time, it's a lot better than the destroyers 0 damage at that point though. Outside of grabs, blade dancers just do a lot more damage than destroyers . As well as that, they have access to party iframes and better cc.

Better damage and better utility, not much else to it really.

BD is just the best version of Destroyer ,I was so blind when I made destroyer

They got better way to maintenance their focus and regain it without us their CC or stupid stand steal skills like us, Movable higher dps skill, Better spin, Tons of immunes, their drag skill/immune skill is spread from their short 9 second CD kd not like destroyer who either this or this, Grab that is require no CC in pvp and worst part it can get CD restart in open world by their stupid Badge while destroyer get only 2 shit second increase in duration , Better and higher number of short Iframe beside their immune
Immune for party which is more helpful than stupid pick up dead people, LOl
so who is better now ? 

Archived