Cold Storage Merchant ninja nerf

Altheatheia

16 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

The merchant is a random spawn and based on RNG. He will not spawn each single time you do a dungeon.

I don't think so, it was nerfed i think, because i been running it for few days now, and i know what i am talking about.

And about the RNG part, yes i do its all about RNG.

42 minutes ago, Hamoud said:

I don't think so, it was nerfed i think, because i been running it for few days now, and i know what i am talking about.

And about the RNG part, yes i do its all about RNG.

I have been runing it multiple times a day aswel and since the start of the event he doesnt spawn as often. You were just most likely lucky on the spawns but its all rng based.

I been running free dailt cs /heaven + necro spam for days. Out of all those runs I have only seen merchant 3times.

Now today, I did cs with resets stones. I think I ran it 9 times today and out of 9 run it spawned 7 times.  (I also threatened to break it arm and legs so I assumed that's why it spawned most of the time.) Honestly, my eye twitched seeing how much it more it spawned when using reset than when doing it daily + necro spam.

I can't really tell if it's needed or not since I have only used 9 reset total and one of them was the free reset. Though my heart hurts on how the spawn rate is so damn low on the free daily run and necro. (I could be really unlucky too but the coincident on it spawning each time I used reset is just... meh.)

RNG :)

On 1st day of the event everyone who did it got an AP em, next day outfit, 3rd day near 100% spawn rate but with crap loot.  Now it feels like im buying resets for nothing.

Last night I was in a 580+ group, we ran it 16 times. Out of the 16 times he spawned 14.

It really isn't rng but time based. If you kill him fast enough he will spawn.

most of those runs were total crap to buy, but he did keep spawning.

Just now, Natose said:

Last night I was in a 580+ group, we ran it 16 times. Out of the 16 times he spawned 14.

It really isn't rng but time based. If you kill him fast enough he will spawn.

most of those runs were total crap to buy, but he did keep spawning.

What proof do you have for this theory besides 16 runs through a dungeon? You'd have to have made a hypothesis and set experiment groups  for it to get any real data out of this. I mean... unless people be data mining the game.

Ran over 100 Heavens mandate, either doing the daily or 4man necro and i'd not get a merch for 4 runs in a row at tops.

beyond that he spawns abt after each run for me, even in necro. so imo it's pretty much rng.

and it's not like It became worse later on since I got all the rare costume like thunder and wind aura yesterday.

Still rng..still not nerfed..imo.

That being said with 100mandate runs and abt the same necro runs, not even including cold storage runs

So seems it is RNG based. I got worried when I read that the best loot was only dropped on first day. That would've made my life filled with laments and hatred to myself for not trying to hunt merchant on the firsts days.

I have to say it's nerfed I guess. Every single day I am running through those dungeons for daily quests, usually I always saw the merchant on cold/mandate but lately I haven't seen them, since 2 days no merchant for me..

The fact that you have bad luck does not mean the merchant was nerfed. You can't even prove the merchant was nerfed anyway since it's a well-established fact that it does not have a 100% spawn rate.

RNG is RNG. Just keep in mind, that for every post in the forums about having bad luck, there's probably a thousand or more players in-game that are doing just fine(normal-crazy good rng).

Find it funny how everyone complains about a NPC not spawning while it was clearly stated its a random spawn xD Nerfed or not he should never spawn 100% of the time and thats whats happening. Just go do your runs and stop complaining o.o

Theres no point in trying to prove or disprove fixed korean rng.

I remember getting barely any stinger crits from yeti & such, then ncsoft increased the drop rate of stacks. It was a moderately decent influx of crit stinger piles after that just from farms and dailies.However sometime in may it all seemed to dry up again lol The crit rate to get stacks of stingers from runs, even farming  seems to have been nerfed. Its been about a month now since i started noticing this especially in yeti, we can do 10 yeti runs in a row and only get 2-3 darts a win lol Vs we were getting 10 + every few runs after the "increase".

We honestly have no way to tell or prove what they do behind the scenes. but they have the numbers and you are sure well they will use them. Yeti was the fastest purple dungeon to easily farm stingers if you had a high ap 4 man. Who knows maybe they saw people getting stingers way to easy for example from yeti and stealth nerf the stack drop rate. they have stealth patched things before without a word so I wouldnt rule out merchant nerfing either.

No way to prove or disprove sadly. Just accept the korean rng & pray you get what you want.

tl:dr IF you PAY for resets you see him a lot more. The dungeons are a lot shorter 1-2 bosses in CS and 2 in Mandate. I see him 50-75% of the CS I do. My clan mates run 4 man Nexus non-stop and he rarely spawns. I haven't seen him once in 20 Necro runs.

Archived