Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

2 minutes ago, NN13 said:

I am about 200% sure "space" is not allowed in usernames/in-game names. So, every example that has a space is out of question.

"." is not allowed as well, so there goes a couple of words as well.

Whats left are dotcome, dotcomm, dotcom, d0tc0m. Among these, the only problematic one will be the ones with "0". But, it is not impossible to assume that combination as well.

Listing all possible combinations for the words - gold,sell,WTS,WTB,com should be enough to give them a hard time.

So, it is indeed not as tough as you make it out to be.

You can have 1 space in a username, but what I'm talking about is the actual message they spam, not their names.

10 minutes ago, NN13 said:

I am about 200% sure "space" is not allowed in usernames/in-game names. So, every example that has a space is out of question.

"." is not allowed as well, so there goes a couple of words as well.

Whats left are dotcome, dotcomm, dotcom, d0tc0m. Among these, the only problematic one will be the ones with "0". But, it is not impossible to assume that combination as well.

Listing all possible combinations for the words - gold,sell,WTS,WTB,com should be enough to give them a hard time.

So, it is indeed not as tough as you make it out to be.

Go check out Warframe chat...

I haven't played Warframe, so I cannot comment on that. If that is truly the case than NCwest needs to talk with them.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answer depends on what server you are on, I've heard on some servers that there are bots everywhere in large numbers. While on others there's not nearly as many. 

I haven't encountered any bots yet the new lvl 50 PvE zones yet, and only in small numbers in the 45 faction area on the server I'm on. 

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:55 PM, Mycro said:

This is getting out of hand. Would any Dev or GM or anybody in charge please respond to this giving a solid non-vague answer as to why this is allowed to go on? There is hundreds of them just in this one channel. These are all bots. This is generally disliked by your whole player base. So any light you could shed on this would be welcome. Oh small note to people who just argue with whatever is posted on forums I'm not interested. 

Thet do, they ensure they have super high amount of sugar in their blood by donuts and coffees so they can use all that sugar to be productive (sarcasm + irony).

7 minutes ago, Silxer said:

The answer depends on what server you are on, I've heard on some servers that there are bots everywhere in large numbers. While on others there's not nearly as many. 

I haven't encountered any bots yet the new lvl 50 PvE zones yet, and only in small numbers in the 45 faction area on the server I'm on. 

unpopulated servers have many bots because their less - no one can report them

13 minutes ago, Silxer said:

no, its more like if you are on NA or EU. NA is where all the bot madness is at. EU is relatively clean. like iv only seen a bot train once. and random solo bots very few times on starfall crater. 

8 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

no, its more like if you are on NA or EU. NA is where all the bot madness is at. EU is relatively clean. like iv only seen a bot train once. and random solo bots very few times on starfall crater. 

EU, occasionally seeing a few (I've seen two destroyer bots trying to do faction dailies in misty woods, they were just walking off the treehouse - not gliding, just falling down - then getting killed by opposing faction, and repeating that forever), and from time to time in pvp (not an issue after plat), but EU does seem rather clean except for low-rank arena. And even in low-rank arena I manage to meet actual people more than bots. 

2 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings,

This is a quick reminder that we are merging threads about this topic to keep the forum tidy and collect all the information in one thread. 

Team Blade & Soul

i would like to know if we can expect a fix to this issue in

• next wednesday
  • next month
  • next 6months
  • next year
  • there are no bots what are you talking about?

I enjoyed this game quite a bit.. But I've quit playing because the bot problem is horrible.. Like I've seen games with a lot of bots before this is by far the worst I've seen period.

Now some of you will say "well every game has bots" or "it's really not that bad" or "just report and move on".. All valid points.. But! They are ruining the economy. They are ruining the PvP rankings. They are an eyesore within the game. They spam the chat box until you just don't care/want to communicate anymore. Like I said before.... This game's bot infestation is disgusting and the fact they said "the bot problem doesn't seem like a big deal" puts them in the same boat as Trion in my eyes.. 

Hello,
I have a question for staff and administration of the game on the bots, what are you doing about it? For the bots number on serves has grown more every day, everywhere you will have bot arena is an example, you always falls with bots, and rare cases fall against another player.

It is not possible you do not see it, the players come across several every day, you have no GM walked in maps or to take care of the servers?

Honestly, they should focus more on reducing this than only new items in the store or new maps.

FIRST PICTURE: 4 TWIN LYN SUMMONER BOTS BUYING THEIR ZEN BEANS THEY GOT FROM AFKING 3′S

SECOND PICTURE: THAT IS A CLUSTER OF 20+ DESTROYER BOTS WHO ARE ON A SCRIPTED PATH TO KILL PINCHY, RUN TO THE WHEEL AND BACK TO THIS SPOT AGAIN EXACTLY

i didn't ss the other shit i've seen lately but god HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

tumblr_o4rignfnQy1tabt6ao1_1280.jpgtumblr_o4rignfnQy1tabt6ao2_1280.jpg

This topic will be moved to their "ignore this thread" folder. They're merging all the bot forums together to push them aside.

3 minutes ago, Balefire said:

Who exactly are most of you? Because jusdging by the crowded channels on Mushin there is no lack of player base. 

you are kidding right?

YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT?

bots are 2:1. It's the plethora of bots and lack of players. DUH.

Who exactly are the lot of you defending NCsoft as if it literally made your butt hurt to read a criticism?

If you have eyes, you can see the bots are making this game unplayable.

Half your player base on your precious Mushin server are bots guaranteed,

Read a forum or two and see the evidence of the bot issue if you are this ignorant.

hey hey ignorance is bliss hurr durr

3 minutes ago, Balefire said:

Nope not kidding. Unless it is bots begging for groups in the square

What kind of argument was that?

Please be specific when you talk to someone who you know, has a brain.

They're making LEVELING & PVPING, among other *cricket*ing things, impossible.

So that harvest raid square having a small amount of bots makes the 2:1 bot ratio acceptable? Okay, elitist. :)

There is a lot more to BnS than a broken raid anyhow. They're even flooding Bloodshade Harbor and the like.

Clownt with a capital C.

Archived