Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, lilleax said:

Who exactly are the lot of you defending NCsoft as if it literally made your butt hurt to read a criticism?

If you have eyes, you can see the bots are making this game unplayable.

Half your player base on your precious Mushin server are bots guaranteed,

Read a forum or two and see the evidence of the bot issue if you are this ignorant.

hey hey ignorance is bliss hurr durr

So you know what the bot player base consists of? as compared to real players? Cause you read it on the internets oh well it must be true. Yes there is a bot problem. No they dont make up most of the playerbase. Or even half. at least that has not been my experience. I report bots any time I see them. Then I go on about my merry little way... game play experience not ruined at all by the bots. I would suggest altering your play style if bots can ruin the game for you. 

As to it making leveling impossible I have to say I also have not had this issue. I have leveled 5 different toons to 45 plus with true pirate on two of them. Never had a bot interfere in any way, other than me slowing down long enough to report them. Call me an elitest if you like (not sure how that would apply to this conversation) but I think that you might be putting too many of your problems on the bots, and not enough on yourself. It isnt like leveling inthis game is in any way a challenge. And it requires a bare minimum of gear. As far as pvp, and I am assuming you are talking arena here, If you cant out fight a bot then you might want to address your lack of technique with a particular class. 

Just now, Cress said:

there IS a lot of bots..but it seems the game is very playable for me, i feel sorry for those who live in the arena playing aganist and teaming up with bots.

The game is playable but it is a lot slower to level and PVPing is unthinkable. They farm all the harbor dungeons. The fact there isn't a fix is absurd.

All that is about bot or failure of the team they ignore, face impossible a company of this size do not put at least 1 gm to ride on the maps, several already players posted local and bots schemes are not fighting because they want because capacity and technical structure has.

NOTE: Various post being moved here that have bot theme to ignore, face how they can do this with the players

30 minutes ago, Balefire said:

So you know what the bot player base consists of? as compared to real players? Cause you read it on the internets oh well it must be true. Yes there is a bot problem. No they dont make up most of the playerbase. Or even half. at least that has not been my experience. I report bots any time I see them. Then I go on about my merry little way... game play experience not ruined at all by the bots. I would suggest altering your play style if bots can ruin the game for you. 

As to it making leveling impossible I have to say I also have not had this issue. I have leveled 5 different toons to 45 plus with true pirate on two of them. Never had a bot interfere in any way, other than me slowing down long enough to report them. Call me an elitest if you like (not sure how that would apply to this conversation) but I think that you might be putting too many of your problems on the bots, and not enough on yourself. It isnt like leveling inthis game is in any way a challenge. And it requires a bare minimum of gear. As far as pvp, and I am assuming you are talking arena here, If you cant out fight a bot then you might want to address your lack of technique with a particular class. 

Oh you just did the unthinkable. Made yourself out to be the hypocrite you are. You implied you know the player base vs. bot base. Did you read that on the internet too, sweetheart? They actually do make up a lot of the playbase. And there you go, assuming I cannot level because of them. Of course I can fight a boss with 20 bots, but am I disgusted to see their scripted path, their lazy greediness ruining a game's economy, population, and interest?

Bots have gotten worse progressively. Bots even populate BSH, EE Fleet, etc. in paths on every channel, so if you haven't run into them, you must've not paid attention to their disgusting groups. You are elitist because your only point was that they're not overpopulating one NEW level 50 area for raids. The game is huge- some people enjoy leveling in an MMORPG alongside other human beings. Leveling has become progressively worse on channels with >3 channels. If you have eyes, you can see at times 50 bots in one area. Not a mob around to finish whatever quest. Go ahead, change the channel. More.

Oh boy arena,

If I can't outfight a bot? You do know I mentioned 3s. Outfighting an afk summoner in 3s isn't the problem. Teaming with 2 of them can prove to be.

1v1 against a bot isn't so bad unless they can read your skills homie. Lack of technique, I thinks not  ;)

---ncsoft seems to think forum flooding is more important than the bot issue which is why most of us are QUITTING.

Keep moving every topic I make about real problems. I c what you do here. We all do.

I think some reps are posing as average players to sway popular opinion.

Thoughts?

1st amendment; this is 'merica

That's right today i saw my first level 50 bot how you ask can you tell it was a bot? Well I dragged the field boss onto it and when it died I picked said boss up and moved around and the bot was spinning like we've all seen in arena while dead on the floor.

I though ah this sin kind of sucks farming this Field boss i mean he just spams this same skill over and over and never uses  stealth is he just a lazy *cricket* letting me tank on my LBD? then i notice the skill he is using has no CD and it should...and then he freeze and stops moving for a bit. 

Next boss spawns and off he goes again doing the same thing only the boss gets stunned and can;t move or attack ... so i go in pull aggro and let it face the Sin and he doesn't avoid the attacks just dies. 

Now NCWest have said they are fixing the bot problems but frankly this is a lie as far as i can tell they've done nothing I quit doing arena after last season i was ranked 1897 then hit a wall of CD hacking sunflower spamming summoners who had 100% resistance and reported them a week later i tried again only yo met the same *cricket* bots.

No these bots are farming the level 50 Northern critical soul shields and they are selling for 3gold per each part 8 and it wont be long before they camp all the quartz spans like in moonwater... the game needs in game mods ASAP to do something about this shit. 

The destroyer bots in Plog sanctum been there with their free skypetal (and whatever other free weapon you get along the story line), just standing in the statue in the middle and instantly jumping to claim any of the plog that respawn for days. So they don't even need any wheel (profane jiangshi/lycan) to get a weapon now, free storyline purple weapons, faster botting to 50

What's the point of playing this game?

Economy is broken thanks to thousands of bots.

Gold buyers have everything maxed out with no effort.

And what NCSoft will do? Ban ALL the bots? Okay, sure... but economy will be still broken. Bad economy = bad game.

Only way to make it enjoyable again is wipe everything back to zero. But to be honest it will never happen. 

NCSoft oversleep the most important period when bots were rushing. Now? NCSoft is hiding all important topics with lag spikes, bad optimalzation and 2:1 (bots:player) ratio just to prevent newbies from fact that this game will be getting worst and worst thanks to laziness of NCSoft staff.

Rush more with updates and don't care about players. $$$ is the most important thing in the world.

Discouraging it, you send complaint with questions and complaints only receive automatic response, you enter the game, I could not do a daily as it is both bot in certain parts of the map that prevent them from completing the quest you. Yesterday in silverfrost that has two channels the boss Gabiyung was impossible to pull both bot it beyond bots in Balrok.
It's hard kkkk
It is so much indifference to this case even encourages people to use bot and buy gold.

1 hour ago, PanCore said:

What's the point of playing this game?

Economy is broken thanks to thousands of bots.

Gold buyers have everything maxed out with no effort.

And what NCSoft will do? Ban ALL the bots? Okay, sure... but economy will be still broken. Bad economy = bad game.

Only way to make it enjoyable again is wipe everything back to zero. But to be honest it will never happen. 

NCSoft oversleep the most important period when bots were rushing. Now? NCSoft is hiding all important topics with lag spikes, bad optimalzation and 2:1 (bots:player) ratio just to prevent newbies from fact that this game will be getting worst and worst thanks to laziness of NCSoft staff.

Rush more with updates and don't care about players. $$$ is the most important thing in the world.

I played an MMO that face similar problems, so he returned to be nice to play when the team saw that in months after launch lost thousands of players due to bots and players who bought gold.
So they put in each serving 2 GMs circulating the maps and made golds movement tracking between players and Auction.
In a month banned 1,500 players suspected of bots and purchase gold and in two weeks the economy has stabilized.
I think what we really need is a greater care and that the team NCsoft and Blade and Soul more attention to the case and ESPECIALLY THE PLAYERS.
For this attitude and that will definil if this game takes its first six.

Since I started playing blade and soul, I'm pretty sure 10% of my time has gone into blocking spammers ruining my chat.

Today I hit a milestone, I have 200 spammers in my spamlist but wait what..? 200 is the max I can block?
Now every new spammer that gets in spams my chat full and I can only report them to then to wait several days before they get banned.

This is completely ruining my game experience and I hope this will be dealt with better asap.

NCsoft won't do anything about bots because another game published by NCsoft (Lineage 2) are out of control with bots too...Did they do anything? LOL

NCsoft damn good as keep lies and more lies with "we are working hard on the best anti-bots program. How long Lineage 2 release already? Didn't they trying to celebrate 12th years LOL that game still flooding with bots. You all should just start adapt and live peacefully with bots...End of story!

I'm sure NCSoft and B&S staff are aware of what's going on don't worry :) i believe in them till then try to enjoy it it's free guys come on we are not paying to play this game give them a little break.. 

i recommend a graveyard GM or Moderator to be ingame and banning bots.. if theres a way i can apply to be that person i can do it i don't mind. 

GM's please contact me i would love to be a forum moderator i really wanna help this community have hope to know that theres someone here that cares about this forum and the community please get in contact with me email or forum message 

Thank you.

I have 2 weeks left of my Premium.  I won't be renewing.  Bots, I can live with.  Hacking bots is on a different level.  PvP is garbage on a new level with resist all hacks and unlimited focus, packet injection/flooding.  I just can't bring myself to spend anymore time on this.  You literally need to pvp to progress and it's really daunting for some classes and downright stupid for others.  Watching bots spin around in stuns and roots or firing sunflower constantly is sad.  Just makes me want to make my own bots and have them farm for me. 

That's when I decided it's too much.  Back on page 1 or 2, somebody linked a video of a twitch stream with the B&S team... dear god, they can't even act like professionals.  They dress like 12 year olds and talk like it's their first time opening up the game.

Does anybody know of anygood MMO's out there with decent PvP and good PvE?  It doesn't have to be F2P.

Thanks!

EDIT: CAN'T  >.>

LMAO @ "they can even act like professionals.  They dress like 12 year olds and talk like it's their first time opening up the game."

I watched their stream 1 time a saw a dude with his face look below normal IQ person at that point I stopped and never pay attention to their stream anymore!

Archived