Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8.4.2016 at 3:04 AM, GlowLight said:

If you don't like the bots in bns, you can leave, no one cares.

Let's be honest.

Are you saying you liked it? lol. sure i will leave. I just want to inform people(who will play this game in the future) how useless ncsoft is.

BTW it's not about ( who cares or who does) I know you have attention issues so please do post in other thread. ;)

Yeah, we are doing the same thing when im @ work lol.

Yes, if they have logs or something they will know, and video or screenshot is just piece of the evidence. I have a background in Database as well, I know how complicated it is, but if what they are saying is correct that they have logs, then it's easy to get it(though it's bloody on the start). By the way, it's been 2 or 3 weeks since these bots and hackers were reported.

Yes the quartz mining, they are digging the quartz before it appears on the screen because (backend process 1st before the frontend) and im pretty sure they are using some sort of programs which is very hard to detect.

My point is NCSOFT is not doing anything, believe me.

1 hour ago, Keenslee said:

Are you stupid or something? Have you seen the speed hack? Do you have some common sense? If those videos and massive reports by players are not enough then they have to  revise their policy about banning people. 

Funny thing is they used Gameguard, same with Ragnarok used. 

Actually i know what i am talking about considering i am a Gameadmin on another game. We can get all the video / screenshot evidence we want, untill we can proove black on white that its a hack we cannot ban any account. thats the same here. You can easily fake such videos and report anyone, so their value is purely informative.

While logically seeing its obvious its a hack, untill you have solid proof there is nothing you can do.

10 minutes ago, Keenslee said:

Yes the quartz mining, they are digging the quartz before it appears on the screen because (backend process 1st before the frontend) and im pretty sure they are using some sort of programs which is very hard to detect.

My point is NCSOFT is not doing anything, believe me.

Call me naive, but I'd like to think otherwise, mainly because I don't want the same thing to happen with B&S as it did with L2 - used to love that game, but the lack of support ruined it for us.

This time I'm trying my very best to report, keep an open eye, contact support with anything unusual I come accross with, just to make sure I do my part to keep this game going, and I feel like I always got the help/reply/support I needed, and that's why I still have hope for them.

I don't see any difference between b&s and any other even remotely popular F2P MMO. If it doesn't cost you anything to create and use 1 account it doesn't cost anything for gold selling company to automate the creation process and create/level up tens of thousands of them. There is NO WAY to combat bots in f2p mmos , there has never been one, and never will simply because gold selling companies are able to put in way more money into circumventing any protection system than Producer is willing into creating them.

Through hundreds of mmos that came out since dark age of Camelot only one way of fighting bots was evident - hitting their revenue. Either people need to stop buying the gold (not going to happen) or you make every bot pay the subscription and actively ban them so they need to recreate accounts. This drives the gold price up, leaving fewer people willing to buy it and in time makes sustaining the gold selling mostly unprofitable.

Funniest thing I find is people throwing all kinds of ideas on how to beat back the bots on the forums like any of them were any cricketing good - like deploying GMs to run around banning bots in a f2p game (makes me facepalm myself several times a day browsing these forums).

NCSOFT must act on this.

There are a lot of bots but the bots that directly affecting players should be banned as soon as possible.

Bots are now in brightstone runs. They get into dungeons and do nothing, wait until the auction for moonwater tears and take 30 silvers every time. 

In order to avoid this happening, NCSOFT must change the auction system that only the people hit the boss can participate in the auction.

So this happened in SSP today , I was standing on a meteor location when the meteor dropped. It landed on my feet and before I could pick it up, a speed hacker/bot took it and claimed the reward and he did the same on the other side too within 2 sec 

Now, this is a whole beaten story, but I am extremely disappointed a company like this is ruining the game. Keep up the good work, soon you will have only bots and hackers playing the game and guess what ? They do it for free, and further down the line : GG BnS in NA 

There are achievements centered around collecting meteors which are impossible with these speed hackers and bots .

Like a zillion threads here, this one is also going to be locked and filed away to check never to be seen again. 

Just one question, how many complaints are you going to ignore before any action will be taken ? Since nothing has been done at all, just give us a number , a zillion ? a trillion ? 

and to top that.. you cant even report them via reportbot function because after doing those repeatable they will logout and cant find their name on the list when reporting..

yeah my hand is too slow to do screenshot, i only remember their names

On 6.4.2016 at 8:11 PM, Pyen said:

Soon all will play with it.. its prolly the future of this game.. 8/

With just how bad botting and hacking are out of control, and seeing as nothing at all is being done about it, I don't think this game has a future. It's too bad, it's a great game, but so very ruined by botting, hacking and exploiting of all sorts that it's just not very enjoyable anymore.

9 hours ago, Tracmar said:

oh nice, merged thread ... 

22 pages : nothing has been done 

guess the wait is on to hit an even 100 pages ? 

Well, good luck waiting for staff respond. U get only a message from mod whom is probably not even connected to the NCSOFT people directly.. ;)

honestly i played this since head-start i do really like the game, but the company running it, are pretty much amatuers in every way.  and i have to accept the fact Ncsoft will never do anything about bots,scripters and macro users.

so if you google bot for bns. you can find program in 2 mins. This is the sad reality,  due to the way game is designed its so easy to run bot for those that wish to do that. 

`That´s okay, We will just report them´  So about that.  I have seen the exact same bot train (10 bots) the exact same place with exactly the same outfit/weapon and apperance. I have reported this to support with picture, I have other clan mates do the same ( probly others has too)  Over a week and they are still all here. 

Clan mate reported a bot before 50 patch, He is still here, Now HM6 ( he was part of the bot train) This is the sad reailty. They are not going to ban them, We dont get response back from support about our reports we take time to go onto the web, and send with screenshots.

so lets talk pvp. 

We have two times had summoenrs like 25-29 sit at RANK 1 using hacks to be immune to damage, it took ncsoft over a week (RANK 1 in all EU). Right now i can look on top rankings and i could point out the first 6 win trades ( just from my server)  in you go plat 1900-2000,  50% chance to meet player and 50% chacne to meet a PERFECT countering kfm,bm or alike with perfect combos but you can win by simply outplaying them.. They have No clue what so ever they doing game-wise. 

Ncsoft lost thounds of players already, if they ban the abusers and wintraders in Arena.. This game would lose around 50% of its players. its lineage 2 repeating all over again. 
Problem becoming so big they cant deal with it without killing the game so they are forced to just let it float. like faction balance.. 

Dont get your hopes up.  they will ban you on forums if you toxic or write post like this that are both true and not offensive, they will also ban you if you provoke other players or name call them. But if you use 3 party program.. get a clap on shoulder.

Bottomline I like this game, i wish to play this game but don´t get hopes up on change. Its too late and it wont happen.

Honestly, we with friends reported bots on "Soulstone Planes" for more than week now, and last days we just resigned to the fact that no one cares.  So it's just soul scream.
There are several series of bots last week on each channel with nicknames that differ with one letter "riyua", "riuyh", "riyug" etc.  and  "tudus", "tuduf". "tudua" etc.
I think everyone know those already, they infinitely following one path, they taking whatever you place at meteor/soldier spot (like any weapon from crate) and continue following their route, they are all destroyes, not even 50lvl. We tired to report those. 
And today we noticed new series of bots with more improved "feature" , now they just teleporting to whatever place they need, they running through the short noticeable by players segment and teleporting again. And it's not like only 1 bot, I was so mad that I recorded video to show what servers are becoming. And we noticed some players already using this teleport feature as well, for example "DRwin".  

So how this is possible that such people with hacks and bots are even not hiding, and farming in most populated zones without any fear. 

Just check today bots:

Bots on Windrest

Best wishes

This is a complete disgrace..There are like 20-30 bots atm on Greenhollow doing same thing along with meteor routes,on both sides,and NCSoft is doing nothing...A part of them are same bots that are here for days now...I'm tired of hearing they are working on it and blabla sjit,its all lies. They do not need any proof from players,all they need to do is check the maps and see it for themselves,which they probably did but they doing nothing again for reasons known to them only.I don't know what the fck is going on here...

blade and soul full of bots.doing pvp dailies...in misty wood even try to get pvp kills...

soulstone plains grabbing meteorites&corpse using teleport skill...evading terrors and mobs aggresive to them..

i reported 5 days ago two of them..they are still here and they got"company" more more bots...its immpossiple for real players..

to do their dailies and to earn some soulstone... Ncsoft do something...it seems to me u dont even check for the reports..

really...or soon this game will be played only from bots...and their owners...

We all want to know. NCSoft has been quiet about literally everything that isn't new content. They announce no bugfixes, or intent to fix certain things. They don't even give us information on how they want to deal with certain issues. I try to defend NCSoft, but the absence of communication is something I absolutely can't begin to justify and sympathize with. 

Archived