Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should really do something about all these bots around, it's even impossible to faction quest since they are everywhere, in arena too, and also in the forum fulfilling your message box of their gold selling announce, this game is gonna be very sick, market ruined, so why someone should pay for a premium membership ? Please work hard to cure this sickness 

thanks m8 i will try!  i know before the bots was so bad that i almost stoped the game, and i couldnt pass 1650 rating!(i am sin and 99% of the time was destroyer bot) now i am rank 1820 and i love so much that all are people and not bots ;-P

i just dont like the way that i cant farm anything with pvp so right now seams usless to pvp, anyway thanks for the tip time will saw :-)

1 hour ago, HamletZ said:

Keep in mind that we that have been playing the game for months didn't upgrade our gear right away either.  It should actually be easier for you than it was for us.  You have access to quests which give much more gold than we got before the Silverfrost patch.

Believe me, we don't want them making it easy to get dragon certs.  Arena was a bot-filled cesspool before the update.  Not only that, but if they did, bots turning in beans for stones would cause them to drop fast, and your beans would be worth less than half what they are right now.

So take my advice- take your time, earn gold doing the dailies you can do, and then gear up.  Before you know it, you'll be able to do the purple dungeons for more certificates.

You may have a backlog of beans for a bit if you like to pvp a lot, but it's a small price to pay, trust me- especially if you like PVP, which it seems you do.  We don't want Arena full of bots again.

I want to start out by saying that I have no problem with griefing on some levels. Camping on tents outside of range of archers and abusing player grapple to pull them into terrors isnt that big of a deal to me. I will start out by bulleting things that really are not acceptable on any level. I am from Crimson on Jiwan and I have posted her a few times - Im making a post of my own now in hopes that it gets more attention.

Currently CO outnumbers Crimson so significantly you cannot do any daily quests in misty woods. You cannot go near terrors or blackwrym. You cannot complete a single quest on soul stone plains. Being the underdog is acceptable but the degree at which this faction is being abused is unbelievable.

1. There are hundreds of Chinese multiboxing summoner bots. I would wager 80% of the players in SSP are these chinese multiboxing summoners. This is a problem because they all move channels at the exact same time.
  2. In relation to the first post these bots often exploit the entire base on Crimson side by pulling NPCs onto the tent and killing them there. In addition to another severe exploit.
  3. Summoners on either faction are able to take off their uniform and taunt with their cats to pull side terrors into the opposing factions mining rigs/prospectors. obviously shouldnt be allowed.
  4. There are Chinese bots INSIDE of the Crimson faction that idle at meteor spawns. If you wait by one when it spawns several will swap to the channel you are in to take the meteor. 
  5. The bots mentioned in 4 will also destroy all weapon crates before switching channels further crippling an already destroyed faction.
  6. They arent bots to my knowledge but actual players within crimson have been carrying downed hostages to the CO team and dying with them so that they may more efficiently get soul stones. I have sevrla screenshots of one player doing this exact thing.

Ill add more as I remember them.

Honestly these are some great points! 

The hacker issue in SSP is a serious problem though cause now people cant even farm prestige without having a bot with a gun come out of no where are kill you to then just teleport away with no consequences. and having them camp meteor spawns and injured bodies is just ruining SSP even more when people are already complaining about the lag. At this rate it'll only be bots and hackers there which completely eliminates a potentially fun part of the game. 

I also saw several players today exchanging prestige. Two CO players with 200 and 300 prestige met up near edge of battle field. A crimson cam over and killed one so the other could kill him thus condensing the prestige.

9 hours ago, Eska said:

Hows the bot situation nowadays?

Since my clan left this game, we are wondering if something actually got better?

I actually feel that the bot problem is a LOT better than what it was. Yes, there are still some botters. However, those bots cannot impact the economy as heavily as they were. When bots were in full force, soulstones were 12silver each. They are now around 33silver each. The huge change is greatly from NCsoft requiring small dragon certificates to to make soulstones from beans and those certificates are not farmable. You can only get 4 per day from doing 4 different dungeons.

I say we should keep posting images of the bots we find, in game reporting is not doing shit so maybe a series of topics with actual images will finally make them pay attention.
I doubt it but as a paying customer or even f2p, as a community we need to tell enough is enough. Also like to add a suggestion regarding bot accounts, you really should ban any account who have traded with it, know there are players taking advantage of the uncontrolled botting in the game as is. Anyway here is a nice little shot of bots raiding the crim war camp in misty with destro spinners.

CfOoGMqUEAExxF-.jpg

3 hours ago, Mistica said:

I actually feel that the bot problem is a LOT better than what it was. Yes, there are still some botters. However, those bots cannot impact the economy as heavily as they were. When bots were in full force, soulstones were 12silver each. They are now around 33silver each. The huge change is greatly from NCsoft requiring small dragon certificates to to make soulstones from beans and those certificates are not farmable. You can only get 4 per day from doing 4 different dungeons.

no... thats because everyone was rushing to pirates, or wanted to rush to pirates before the patch went live. 

Soul stones will drop again in price especially now that plains is being exploited up the butt by bots with teleport hack now... 

On 4/3/2016 at 11:30 PM, NaoiAi said:

I want to start out by saying that I have no problem with griefing on some levels. Camping on tents outside of range of archers and abusing player grapple to pull them into terrors isnt that big of a deal to me. I will start out by bulleting things that really are not acceptable on any level. I am from Crimson on Jiwan and I have posted her a few times - Im making a post of my own now in hopes that it gets more attention.

Currently CO outnumbers Crimson so significantly you cannot do any daily quests in misty woods. You cannot go near terrors or blackwrym. You cannot complete a single quest on soul stone plains. Being the underdog is acceptable but the degree at which this faction is being abused is unbelievable.

1. There are hundreds of Chinese multiboxing summoner bots. I would wager 80% of the players in SSP are these chinese multiboxing summoners. This is a problem because they all move channels at the exact same time.
  2. In relation to the first post these bots often exploit the entire base on Crimson side by pulling NPCs onto the tent and killing them there. In addition to another severe exploit.
  3. Summoners on either faction are able to take off their uniform and taunt with their cats to pull side terrors into the opposing factions mining rigs/prospectors. obviously shouldnt be allowed.
  4. There are Chinese bots INSIDE of the Crimson faction that idle at meteor spawns. If you wait by one when it spawns several will swap to the channel you are in to take the meteor. 
  5. The bots mentioned in 4 will also destroy all weapon crates before switching channels further crippling an already destroyed faction.
  6. They arent bots to my knowledge but actual players within crimson have been carrying downed hostages to the CO team and dying with them so that they may more efficiently get soul stones. I have sevrla screenshots of one player doing this exact thing.

Ill add more as I remember them.

In response to number 4 and 5, I was waiting for the Meteor to drop to pick it up for Soulstones and there were two summoners at the Meteor site. And they are getting way too smart...

One summoner waits for the meteor to drop so they can pick it up. The other summoner will take a weapon from the weapon crate and as soon as the meteor is available for pickup it will drop the weapon right on top of the meteor which makes you pick up the weapon instead of the meteor. The bot then proceeds to take the meteor unfairly to the NPC.......

This is some crap and in no way is it fair. Those weapon boxes need to go....

Those weaponboxes are for the griefers! Ncsoft will never take that away they love that playstyle... 1 player that stands under a terror and harass 24 other players..

And botters are an income for them to, so dont even try to report em, they will never be banned.

The only thing you can get banned is if you say dirty words like "bugger" then within 24h you are banned!

Away with boxes and away with terror's pulls and big aoe's, then it might even be fun in SSP! (no more hiding for the griefers!)

/Py

hahaha, those images made my day... wait till you are 50 and tries SSP. There is hot potatoes who drops in the area and instant when they drop there are ons of bots there picking it up. I even have hard time tagging em to be able to report bec they are blinking 20meter every tic...

51 minutes ago, Pyen said:

hahaha, those images made my day... wait till you are 50 and tries SSP. There is hot potatoes who drops in the area and instant when they drop there are ons of bots there picking it up. I even have hard time tagging em to be able to report bec they are blinking 20meter every tic...

that's depressing ,time to cancel premium sub ,dont think this game is worth the cash anymore 

18 minutes ago, xwindbladex said:

that's depressing ,time to cancel premium sub ,dont think this game is worth the cash anymore 

I ended it yesterday! Even getting forum msg from goldsellers!

Dont think they have gm's anymore so noone can do anything about this.. its sad!

i find it cute that other thread on this topic are getting closed and redirected to a buried thread, really illustrates how much NCSoft actually cares about bots.

There are now bot trains farming the misty woods faction camps, which i don't really get, cause i don't know what the profit there is from farming the insignia's... I tried to report them anyways but their numbers do not seem to be thinning.

Archived