Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game will soon die if u dont do something ppl are multybox boting 24/7 outside and insade of the arena do something improve your anti cheat systeam this is just stupid they are destrying the economy ingame.... not to mention playing against good scripted destryers in arena with no downtime is not fun 60% time its a bot playing... full

The link to the ss ... he had over 15 destro online they started to go offline when ppl started to report them

http://postimg.org/image/tiawkwq4p/full/

If I were a developer NCSoft employee would be ashamed ... not have banis capacity bots is a thing of stupid people .... it's that simple. Now I think that these bots are either the very NCsoft or something .... something is wrong .... any server bots admits. As a company with this reputation can not ban bots, it is to be ashamed of yourself .. It is worth investing in server? worth I give my money to the server? Go in the arena has bots, going on quests and bots have, will cross the server and have bots, come find that NCsoft has only bots employees because it is not able to handle it is not able to say it's professional. Many playes have already left this game to play other games, even I already know 37 players who have left this game. You having a solution? It is yes and it is easy and if the s employee has no ability that I HAVE, for I am programmer years and I'm proud to say that I am PROFESSIONAL in my business. Shames me people there this company does not know how to deal with programming, networks or infrastructure of the company. If you want to help a PROFISSONAL (myself) come to me that I teach to get rid of BOTS.

Thank you for your 9000th input on Bots. xD I don't know which part of "they are human" any of you don't understand? They are normal players that login normally, and do their job to a certain POINT, where they just turn on a software and start botting (macros and scripts). Now if you are a big company you can't just go around and ban everyone that you THINK is a bot, because a lot of those players might come back at you like it happened a couple of patches ago, the whole forum was nothing but "I GOT BANNED! Y U DO DIS TO ME NCSOFT?!?!!". There is no programming involved here, sure they can set filters fro a certain amount of things, but these scripts and macros seem to get more clever by day.

These bots run in parties of 40+, and all do the exact same thing. Banning one large group when they get to Cinderlands would be pretty easy if anyone was paying attention. This is not the first large group of bots I've found all moving in unison. You ban them all at once, and the botters are forced to have fewer bots. Fewer bots=less gold=higher gold prices=less spam.

6 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Yes, that you could ban. On 1 channel. You go on the other, by the time you get to channel 2, the bots on channel 1 are back with a new IP and MAC address. Feel free to elaborate how you gonna ban them if they multiply like rats?

simple make account creation a lot more difficult then what a simple autofill form could possibly do.

Along with a manditory capcha...

Eventually the bot owners will get tired of generating each account by hand and just give up as they can make more money in another game at a easier rotation.  

The problem is simple..

1. Accounts too easy to make

2. Verification of account and activation is also too easy that a program can do it. 

I will go straight to the point here and i know some will agree and some wont ofcourse.

Personally the best way to evoid bots "because the game is plagued by it pve/pvp wise" is just to bind any account with a ID/passport not permitting any account without it neither multi accounts. I know its kind of crazy and will take forever to do/ only let Eu players play in Eu servers and NA in theirs.

Share your opinions all and keep the thread respectfull!!!

and u think ncsoft's servers are secured enough to keep that kind of personal information unhackable?

*laughs*

Banks spend per day on what ncsofts spends a year to keep that kind of information unhackable, and still fail from time to time.  

so no...  the last place i would trust with that much personal information is on their servers.  

• Yaviey changed the title to Is NCsoft even doing anything to combat bots?

Damn Ncsoft!!! It's fun queuing up to do work for bots and with the heavy restrictions on, well... Everything I can make 2% progress in the game!!!!

Sometimes if you're lucky you can get 2-3 bots in one party! Then you have to leave a party, wait for everything to load, get into another party
and bam another broken up party because of bots!!!!

Y u no put in captcha in queues so we no do work for other peplz until ye can figure how how 2 successfully rid yeselves of this mess??

22 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Or just join eu servers that have no bots queuing up, only lazy people who dont wanna participate but loot.

BUhahahaha EU no bots :D.We got a s... lots of bots and almost every node for mining is as well full of bots almost every not heroic dungeon got 1-2 bots,pvp bots 

If NCSoft can't get a handle on the bots and spammers, the game is dead. Honestly, I really can't take it anymore.

But here's the thing, this game has been out for years. If they haven't figured it out yet, they either are incapable of doing anything about it or don't care.

I think that this can banned in 2 secs.

But hell . one has premium.. and he was in the same spot for 2-3 days .. it is possible that his still there.  at work so cant check...

Yesterday I think they were still there but something broke in there scrip .. they would only move next to the mobs and not attack.. they would just run around the boss and not hit .. a but amusing and sad.

Would it be possible to get around this problem by putting the crucial materials as a reward to contents the bots can't farm?

For instance I wouldn't mind having bots farm Moonwater Tears since it only drops in the heroic dungeons which is kinda easy and boring.

But we could have soulstone reward only in more difficult dungeons (puple).

Also arena clearly needs some readjustments. By changing the arena reward system maybe it wouldn't worth it for the bots anymore.

true . I would not mind if they would farm moonwater . or even the new content that's needed for Breeze lol . hehe .. no one would mind if you think about it .. you could speed up the process with your gear.

Archived