Is anything being done to combat bots?

Fuz

I just un-subbed...:(.....I like the game but the BOTS in the Arena has now made me quit. I see nothing from the DEVS letting us know about the issue that they even care. I have spent a lot of money in their shop because I like the game but I can longer support a game that will not speak to the community about the issue.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RiddleTrickster said:

aF8uESw.jpg

No. stop it. Just. why. STOP IT.

UbcGsYX.jpg

Can you delete mail? Is there a way to delete mail? What kind of game dosen't let you delete mail? WHAT KIND OF GAME DOSEN"T LET YOU DELETE MAIL?

lol you do know the mail's have attachments, you cant delete it just accept the 1 copper and it will disappear XD

One : While I haven't seen this so far, some have claimed that even getting coin from a bot can put you at risk of a ban.

Two : Even if the above isn't true at all, I'm sure most wouldn't take money from a bot.

Three : There should be an option to delete/reject/report the mail even if it has an attachment.

2 hours ago, DarkSkyBunny said:

lol you do know the mail's have attachments, you cant delete it just accept the 1 copper and it will disappear XD

Does the system flag you for RMT if you collect the various 1 coppers?

Bots are a problem? No way! At least, they're not according to NCSoft.

• I went to the arena the other day, and faced only one player and I was in the arena for a solid hour. ONE ACTUAL PLAYER.  The rest? Destroyer bots.
  • I go to cross server to do dungeons and have to cross my fingers that the group won't have an AFK bot in it. And most of the time? It does.
  • Sometimes in faction chat, I barely report and block one bot before another posts.
  • Profane Jingashi: bots. Stalker Jingashi: Bots.
  • Forums: bots.
  • In-game inbox: bots.

But the problems not big enough  for NCSoft to give priority to because either they can't fix it or they don't care to fix it.

20 hours ago, Yomachi said:

I feel more insulted that they're giving away only 1 copper... As if 1 copper is enough to persuade me. >3>

Technically, if your accepting the 1 copper you are trading with botters.

GET BANNED!

So.... 8 years of playing wow... seen sooo many accounts get banned because of botting/rmt... YEARS!!!! If you think the problem is big now... give it a few more weeks.. when theres even MORE bots because ncwest has and will do... NOTHING!  All the complaints in forums.. twitter... facebook.. anyone got a reply?  of course not!!!  Just unsub, dont spend any money in the store.. its F2P.. so... enjoy what u can about the game... for free and let them slowly lose money in the process. A "we are currently working on a solution to put in place" would be nice.. but.. nothing.  Just the same old gibberish.  But hey.. atleast they let you know this.. " New costumes are in the Hongmoon Store, but they’ll only be available for a limited time! "  You know.. the important things to players.  Me personally.. i quit wow because i enjoyed BnS, even got 3 friends to come play.. all 3 have quit because BnS has become just BS.  Im soon to follow.  Tired of wasting time queing for a dungeon just for everyone to leave because theres a bot or 2 or 4.  Que 3s... more than likely gonna get a bot as a teammate... yea.. theres ways around all this.. but.. y should i take the EXTRA time outta my life to do all this when its NOT needed.  Bots have cause ALOT of damage ... driving prices on market down... aggravated players below 1900.. KILLED 3v3... pretty much done with dungeons... even killing wpvp.. so.. whats left??? leveling a toon?  done that.. 4 times now.. its getting old... so yea.. wont be long.. n theyll be losing this player too.  Because like everyone else... getting sick of it.. waste of time.

So... all that being said... how much money you making off them bots ncwest?  because your REAL players are starting to refuse to 1) pay for premium. 2) buy from the store.  and your lack of response just proves how much you really care about your player base.  you were so proud to annouce 2 million accounts, but FAILED to mention that more than 1/2 those are bots... so i really wouldn't call that an accomplishment.  KILLLING BnS.. now THATS an accomplishment.... GG  <3

Everywhere I go, I see bots in this game. They're like a plague or something. I would say that NCSoft could add in where we enter a pin when entering an instanced dungeon but there are so many bots in the open world too that it would just further ruin open world areas. The only thing certain that I can say is that I've seen it on several MMOs where bots would become a problem and the devs would put a stop to it. Sometimes it took time but the result was little to no bots. It seems NCSoft isn't even making an effort. Sometimes I wonder if some of the staff for NA are simply incompetent or something. One time they tried stopping bots from spamming chat but often ended up breaking chat for everyone.

NCSoft is steadily releasing more and more content, adding cash shop outfits etc. They seem only focused on adding to the game. The problem though is that many people have quit and many more will because of bots. The game's population is still very good but I have seen bots destroy a MMO before and by time the devs seriously worked on the bot issue, the game would be a virtual ghost town with only dedicated players remaining. New players would not stay very long when it looked like a dead game because the few players left were in end game areas so the low level areas looked completely empty.

There are those of us that are good at ignoring the stupid trash bots but some people will quit instead. We have to also consider how horribly bad does this look to new players that heard good things about BnS, then they download and install it. They get into game and see hordes of bots everywhere, even around bamboo village. How many of these new players will overlook that and keep playing? How many of these new players will see it as a bad sign, log out and uninstall? These issues have to be addressed and dealt with or this game will seriously go downhill in a very bad way.

Once a game loses a massive chunk of players, the game will look dead to new players and it will forever struggle to build up a player base again. Then it would be like those MMOs with a few thousand active players, enough to make enough profit to stay online but not enough players for it to be truly enjoyable. In this situation, we have to rely on friends, guilds, clans to do group content. As it is right now, on Soha server, I can do Efleet and Nightshade pretty much anytime and will see lots of people playing, even at times like 4 and 5am but once the game population drops and all these channels are down to just channel one and each boss feels like a chore to kill for a mere daily, that will be when this game will have truly began to fall apart.

NCSoft has a really popular game going here so they need to get it together and even if that means hire more GMs, whatever is needed to get the bots under control. I think if NCSoft would have some GMs go and see who the gold sellers are selling gold to and then proceed to ban the players buying the gold, that could put a major dent in the gold sellers' income and maybe force them to consider trying to ruin a different game. The people buying the gold are equally to blame for this problem. The bots would not be doing what they do if there weren't enough people buying gold from them. The focus needs to be put on the idiots buying gold from the gold sellers also. If NCSoft can't stop the bots from coming back then maybe they should get rid of the players supporting bots and then the bots would leave when there isn't enough profit to make it worth the time and money spent.

even todays wow has tons of bots, its just more noticeable in BnS.

until they forcefully disable ANY Method a bot can farm Money, there will always be bots the problem is doing this would impact players.

for example.

Make Soulstones Soulbound, if need be ALlow Soulstones to be purchased, via gold from NCSOft Directly via a vendor or Something, make the Skill books Soulbound, as in 50 content they have methods of achieving em from vendors anyway, Make Dungeons too hard for any level of basic Script cant work and requires intriciate features and methods to winning the Dungeon ,this would make Players MUCH harder to bot these dungeons.

Introduce lock out times on dungeons,

these would be quick easy fixs, however would interfere impact and cause problems for the actual players.

2 hours ago, Southbeatz said:

Everywhere I go, I see bots in this game. They're like a plague or something. I would say that NCSoft could add in where we enter a pin when entering an instanced dungeon but there are so many bots in the open world too that it would just further ruin open world areas. The only thing certain that I can say is that I've seen it on several MMOs where bots would become a problem and the devs would put a stop to it. Sometimes it took time but the result was little to no bots. It seems NCSoft isn't even making an effort. Sometimes I wonder if some of the staff for NA are simply incompetent or something. One time they tried stopping bots from spamming chat but often ended up breaking chat for everyone.

NCSoft is steadily releasing more and more content, adding cash shop outfits etc. They seem only focused on adding to the game. The problem though is that many people have quit and many more will because of bots. The game's population is still very good but I have seen bots destroy a MMO before and by time the devs seriously worked on the bot issue, the game would be a virtual ghost town with only dedicated players remaining. New players would not stay very long when it looked like a dead game because the few players left were in end game areas so the low level areas looked completely empty.

There are those of us that are good at ignoring the stupid trash bots but some people will quit instead. We have to also consider how horribly bad does this look to new players that heard good things about BnS, then they download and install it. They get into game and see hordes of bots everywhere, even around bamboo village. How many of these new players will overlook that and keep playing? How many of these new players will see it as a bad sign, log out and uninstall? These issues have to be addressed and dealt with or this game will seriously go downhill in a very bad way.

Once a game loses a massive chunk of players, the game will look dead to new players and it will forever struggle to build up a player base again. Then it would be like those MMOs with a few thousand active players, enough to make enough profit to stay online but not enough players for it to be truly enjoyable. In this situation, we have to rely on friends, guilds, clans to do group content. As it is right now, on Soha server, I can do Efleet and Nightshade pretty much anytime and will see lots of people playing, even at times like 4 and 5am but once the game population drops and all these channels are down to just channel one and each boss feels like a chore to kill for a mere daily, that will be when this game will have truly began to fall apart.

NCSoft has a really popular game going here so they need to get it together and even if that means hire more GMs, whatever is needed to get the bots under control. I think if NCSoft would have some GMs go and see who the gold sellers are selling gold to and then proceed to ban the players buying the gold, that could put a major dent in the gold sellers' income and maybe force them to consider trying to ruin a different game. The people buying the gold are equally to blame for this problem. The bots would not be doing what they do if there weren't enough people buying gold from them. The focus needs to be put on the idiots buying gold from the gold sellers also. If NCSoft can't stop the bots from coming back then maybe they should get rid of the players supporting bots and then the bots would leave when there isn't enough profit to make it worth the time and money spent.

it isn't a factor they "only want new content" its that they have to get to the Same stage as KR asap to get hold of the latest Updates/Fixs and Introductions into the game as Maybe for all we know, the bot Fixer is Actually Laying within one of those patch notes, they wont disclose that or post it in forums Because it'd give the botters access to knowledge of what they're doing to prevent it.

I'm sure this bot problem will be fixed, its just going to take some time, specially with NCSoft still in the catching up phase of the game.

Me and my mates already left the game.

Was fun at the begining, but now, well, botfest.

We do not enjoy that, and we would stay in, but lack of any response in threads like that assure us it will be the same as in KR/CN BNS - NOTHING was done till now if it comes abt bot case, so many years passed and its even worse.

Good luck with that, i think they want to milk this product with as low cost as they can and then jump to another one.. :)

5 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Greetings,

Please avoid to post bots names on forum, instead report them to the customer support. 

Regards,

Team Blade & Soul.

if you would ban them.. we would not be posting . now would we.. this is like a communist forum...  "how dare you not do what I say"..  it's like you want people to quit .. just let them do what ever they want . it's not like you can win this fight ..  when 1 vs 1.000 and the 1 thinks his right . that just insane ...and it's a clear motive to just leave and RUN FOREST RUN.

You can't ban people on the forum.. that's like a ban from the game as well.. and would send a msg that would make waves on social media ... and you guys already have more then enough black dots .... and what would be the reason "sry you posted bots names, how dare you try to help us" ? .. that's just funny .. started laughing just by thinking about it .

I'm sure your a nice guy and understand the pain the community is facing now.

14 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Greetings,

Please avoid to post bots names on forum, instead report them to the customer support. 

Regards,

Team Blade & Soul.

Question: You are like moderator or You are part of team working @office? just wondering before asking any further questions.. :)

I've played games with bots, most of us have, but I have never seen this many, it is now stupid.

Even in faction you cannot do your dailies, as there are always loads there.

Ok we know the bots are from the gold spammers, so why don't NCSoft sue them, as there name's are always listed in the chat.

After all it does go against NCSoft copyright, which is something we all agree to when we login, so you see I don't understand them not do this.

I know if it was my game that's what I would be doing to safeguard my customers, so I don't see a reason why they can't, unless anyone can throw some light on it, as to why they should not do this ?.

I did see a video that was posted on the forums somewhere, and it had the ncsoft team talking about the game, and questions being asked in real time.

One that was razed was the amount of bots destroying the game.

I cannot remember all of what was said, but they did say it was an issue, and to have a gm on all the time would take a lot  of money, or words to that effect, but I got the distinct impression they really could not be bothered, and the community manager did'nt say a word about it.

TBH guys, and gals this game will not be around very long, as lots of peeps are already leaving because of this, the only thing holding the game together will be the bots, and with no takers the game will be just another lost MMo, which is sad.

Must admit I wont be renewing my sub, as the money is not being used to combat these criminals, so I will be out.

Even Tera was never like this.

Doesnt take a genious to figure out to just make arena/zen bean soulstones untradable. Bam instant bot removal from pvp. Then again ncsoft is making bank from bots so im thinking they rather keep them smh.

Archived