NCsoft announces its MxM Failure (on West)

Kyrrua

MxM is closing: http://www.playmxm.com/en/news/mxm-says-farewell

People are saying that is because entering the MOBA niche is really hard  (yes it probably is we know it).

but for the community its mainly because of a poor management, too much microtransactions, price increase (monetization update),lack of communication, the lack of marketing/advertisement(Just the use of streamers) & servers problems.

(just repeating everything people said on this from reddit and the official post)

Now on my personal opinion the feedback on those problems are very similar to what we're experiencing right now in bns

minus the fact that the milking of whales is truly a strong thing keeping bns alive.(Despite what we may say BNS figures seems good for the 3Q2017)

Time to get some insight from everyone and people who experienced it I guess ?

/Discuss

ps: People are extremely salty toward them on reddit/official forum. So at least don't bring insults here (^_^)

As a (Former) MXM player I can tell you the blame lies squarely on them. If you check their reddit you will see that the MXM dev team ignored community feedback from day one. They fought us (The community) to the very end. The pivoting point was patch 1.3 when they made the game more grindy and reduced in-game rewards, they also upped the price of masters, this caused a HUGE number of players to leave and shot Queue times up to  40+ mins. Basically, the patch made everything bad but their excuse was "This will be beneficial to the game in the long run". yeah well, that sure was beneficial wasn't it guys? lol Well regardless, the MXM playerbase desperately tried to get their feedback across but all communication with the devs just stopped, they went silent for a few months and then suddenly this. In all honesty, no ones shocked, we all saw it coming, we are all just a  little frustrated and disheartened because MXM was a pretty good game while it lasted. Its still up till Jan and they are giving you enough in-game currency to get all the skins and basically anything you want, so if you want to go experience it for yourself while you can by all means.

I played MxM only for a week when it came out and only for obtaining the BnS outfit reward, so i didn't know the game too much. And as a BnS player i didn't have the time (and the will) to play with it even if it was half grinding than what it was.

At least they recongnize they're mistake when they said "we failed to connect with players."

I'm really sorry for all the players that love the game, but i hope they could learn from their mistake and try to treat better the community of their other games, because what i saw with the comment above seems the same issue that we got here in BnS.

14 hours ago, paingwar said:

At least they recongnize they're mistake when they said "we failed to connect with players."

It's amusing how we have this trend of publisher+devs completely ignoring the playerbase, assuming we don't know what we are willing to pay for and what we enjoy and listen to their statistics and data analyst teams, aka their Melisandre. Well, now they can enjoy watching their not all that bad game, burn on the pyre.

could it also be due to those "microtransactions" that have caused Belgian and Dutch authorities to look into several games from triple-A developers under investigation for gambling?

Does this mean the Trove events and such for BnS are also gambling lootboxes, since you can buy in-game gold with real money, to buy these items from other players in BnS?

I do not think the investigation that Belgian and Dutch are doing is related. It's too early for that and the investigation is still ongoing.

But i hope that all countries start looking at RNG box and classify as gambling even if it is just cosmetic is still gambling.

About MxM i think is just NCS fault we all know how communication is bad 

We all know how they just  try get the max $$$ they can

For me the best example is RNG on support without explanation REALLY I do not understand how ppl  admit this.

No They clearly don't learn from their mistakes sadly...

Take Aion : They didn't communicate, didn't heard their EU / US communities and after just two years the EU ended up sold to CrapForge and US is now dead (only two servers remaining) and have a BIG P2W CashShop on all Versions (EU/US/KR/CH/JP/RU). No ads

Take Wildstar : Dead after a year, now cashgrab Free to Play... China realeased canceled. No ads

Take MxM : They didn't heard us when we said that the 1.3 will kill the game in september But I will quote the dev team : "The decision to lower the amount of X-Coin that can be earned was not a decision we took lightly, but these changes are necessary for the longevity of the game." Yeahhh right... Where is MxM now? Dead! oh and of course has always, NO ADS!

This is the same pattern OVER AND OVER AGAIN... They just update their Cash shop they took us for granted but they sadly looks like just a greedy company... They don't communicate or not enough, they never or rarely balance their game... They use Asian market systems like RNG boxes while we always say that US/EU HATE THIS! Like really, this is the worst system ever for an MMO but they just don't care...!

I played all the NCSOFT games and they always do the same thing. Only GW and GW2 are working great but it's because it's ArenaNet not NC... :/

RNG Boxes are like Lootboxes You know what you can have but you don't know if you will have it because of RNG! If you are lucky you have good thing, If you are not lucky you have bad things.

SO YES LOOTBOXES = RNG BOXES = GAMBLING

AHAHAhaHAHAHahahahAhHaHahahahHAHaHahahahhaHaHaHaHaHahahahahHaHaHaHaHahAhaAHHahAhAhAhhaHaHahahAhHAHaHahahahhaHaHaHahahahahhaahahahahahHaHA

It is really funny because it is not even 6 months and the game is announced to be closed xD! This company really needs to hire more capable and COMMUNICATIVE people because i think that part of the issue with N$oft is the communication with its community. 

Wow I forgot all about wildstar (didn really care too much for it anyway) so it's going down like all the others huh? Well back in w/e year when bladeandsouldojo was kicking we all already knew that was gonna blow off fast since people only cared more about...well BNS than that game. Don't know what got in their heads people wanted that over BNS.

Well w/e at this point this whole company is gonna end up like E.A (and konami) if this keeps up and i'm tellin yah, people are doing more than putting immature fingers at them.

Btw the fastest shutdown game (mmo anyway) was RO 2 in kr, it was pretty bad....I don't think it even lasted 2 months. Reason why NA is the only version that has it, I think anyway. (do they even update that version if KR shut their down?...)

The thing that pissed me of in the "communication issue" discussion is that is not so difficult to resolve.

I mean, for my point of view a GM or Community Manager could only reply to some post and say "Ehi guys, we'll be looking to this or that proposal / We know that you're talking about this issue / etc etc etc." just to know that they're present and looking at least at the forum.

Instead ALL of the post that you can see from them is "We're locking this thread bla bla bla / Keep the conversation civil bla bla bla". I mean it's important to keep the conversation within some boundaries but it will help if sometimes they could partecipate in the disussion even to know that at least they are reading and know the iusses that we talking about.

For example the Ddos issue, i don't expect that the problem is solved in one day, but please at least keep your community up to date to what is happening.

It don't seems to difficult just one peron that wite here in the forum with a frequency of more than one or two times per week.

Archived