Obligatory Gameguard Thread

9 hours ago, Lyks said:

What did you do to remove the stutters?

7 hours ago, Trixle said:

Yes, please do tell how you removed the stutters. Saying this but not elaborating on what you did to fix it is not helpful at all....

i did elaborate, i started my post with saying that i contacted support and gave them the files from GG(erl files) that they have asked for before in other threads.

i dont know how specific the steps they gave me were to my pc, so what helped me might not work with other peoples pc's

you need to contact support and follow whatever steps they give you and hope it works

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2016 at 8:02 PM, Hime said:

Thank you for all your feedback on GameGuard. We will still continue to make adjustments to it so it is better optimized and ultimately, works better with our game and your systems. This will be a process in the making and GameGuard compatibility will not improve overnight.

As for GameGuard capabilities, it isn't the solve-all-be-all solutions to hackers and bots, but it does play a role in identify them. With the recent activation, GameGuard provided us with a fair amount of actionable data against bots and hackers. We understand having GG issues is extremely frustrating and we will continue to work with GG to reduce its impact on our affected legitimate players.

The issue isn't whether it's an effective method to get rid of bots, which many players have stated it's clearly not. It's also incredibly vague saying that it can identify bots without providing any information as to the actual impact of having it active. The issue is just having it active is not only locking people out of the game, but assuming they manage to get into the game it's basically making major aspects of the game borderline unplayable. Arena is just a constant worry of "when is the stutter coming that's going to kill/disconnect me." If you do dungeon runs it's incredibly difficult to work around the fundamental boss mechanics when at any point the game can just freeze.

Really the only safe activity is field dailies, which gets very boring and very tedious really fast.

Bumping so those "nerdragers" over the other gameguard threads see this and post here. C_C

Make this thread grow. The bigger it gets the bigger a weapon we get to bash some common sense into NC and their very annoying rootkit! :P

Also... I found the text file with the errors muhahaha! Meme machine time! Another sig screeny for those upset people! :D

Untitled.png

Still haviing lag problem in arena and cross server

On 4/9/2016 at 2:02 AM, Hime said:

Thank you for all your feedback on GameGuard. We will still continue to make adjustments to it so it is better optimized and ultimately, works better with our game and your systems. This will be a process in the making and GameGuard compatibility will not improve overnight.

As for GameGuard capabilities, it isn't the solve-all-be-all solutions to hackers and bots, but it does play a role in identify them. With the recent activation, GameGuard provided us with a fair amount of actionable data against bots and hackers. We understand having GG issues is extremely frustrating and we will continue to work with GG to reduce its impact on our affected legitimate players.

I hate Gameguard and I start to hate Blade and soul , Yes I was very hyped for this game for like 3 years and I did play on China server without any disconnect problem at all.

But this shitty gameguard getting on nervous I can't do Arena or Cross server no more because the damn lag I have and that lag appear only after you activated the damn gameguard.

I don't have any problem with other online games, I don't even have lag problem outside Arena and Cross server on normal server that I log to but the problem lays into Arena and Cross server and it appear after gameguard worked again -.- 

Hey hey hey!

Mods! Care to respond to us any time soon?

Or wait- are you guys "We're working on it" as usual? Some communication would be greatly appreciated! 

Feedback's as loud and clear as it gets yo! 

3 hours ago, GamerDLM said:

The issue isn't whether it's an effective method to get rid of bots, which many players have stated it's clearly not. It's also incredibly vague saying that it can identify bots without providing any information as to the actual impact of having it active. The issue is just having it active is not only locking people out of the game, but assuming they manage to get into the game it's basically making major aspects of the game borderline unplayable. Arena is just a constant worry of "when is the stutter coming that's going to kill/disconnect me." If you do dungeon runs it's incredibly difficult to work around the fundamental boss mechanics when at any point the game can just freeze.

Really the only safe activity is field dailies, which gets very boring and very tedious really fast.

The problem is not just gameguard, it's in part their servers which they refuse to change cause they're greedy. Also they say the same thing  : "we will... we will... we will", I will become the president of USA too, see my point ?

11 hours ago, SinofWrath said:

To little, to late.  Already left and so will a lot of players when they finally accept it is not worth it to keep up with an unplayable game.   You almost fried my CPU as well, you owe me $155.    I cannot belive you took this long to release this game and do it in such bad shape.  The game was full of spammers at release and you did not care.  

Gameguard was taken off Aion because of the uproar from the community,  how dare you show up with this shit again?

I also hope you get sued for installing rootkits without the consent of the people installing your game.

LMAO your computer has some serious issues if your cpu is overheating. There is no way possible for gameguard to cause that. On computers with proper cooling you can stress test them at 100% cpu usage forcing a load far higher than any application can and they will still not overheat.

Also Aion has been overrun with blatant hackers for years. Removing Gameguard was a terrible mistake.

Since the latest patch (when they specifically mentioned gameguard was re-enabled as it received "improvements") my ping spiked tremendously. I'm not located in the states but I still had a perfectly playable 150-180ping now it's on the order of 300-400 with massive packet drops and skips.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? and furthermore, has anyone found any viable solution to it?

22 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

LMAO your computer has some serious issues if your cpu is overheating. There is no way possible for gameguard to cause that. On computers with proper cooling you can stress test them at 100% cpu usage forcing a load far higher than any application can and they will still not overheat.

Also Aion has been overrun with blatant hackers for years. Removing Gameguard was a terrible mistake.

Removing Gameguard from aion wasnt a terrible mistake, it was the correct decision, there was a ton of threats of preorder cancellations because of problems with GG as well as the fact that GG just like now can easily be disabled with a dll back then (had to do it myself because of the bloody thing breaking my G13 and leaving my OS glichy after it started: there irony for you I have no interest in cheating and only ever do PvE and level characters and I'm was having to resort to bypass tactics to play). Aion's problems were from other issues like faction imbalance (unlike BnS factions are segrigated completely and it became problematic quickly,) and the game engine as well being unable to handle large scale pvp very well.

The version of GG isnt as agressive on my current systems as earlier version in the past were but its history with gamers is such that its completely untrusted by anyone with MMO experience. That and its reason for being there in the first place is completely bypassble by cheaters anyway thus pushing the effect that all it does is block honest players from playing, in other words a completely self defeating strategy.

Its a problem with Korean MMOs in general they seem to rely on this kind of subpar crapware to protect their games which ultimately dont work in the western markets as well as the fact that theres privacy and performance issues whenever its installed. Most decent MMO's dont use this they have their own server end detection systems in place or its built into the game client itself and doesnt go snooping where it doesnt belong. WoW, FFXI/FFXIV, TERA for example dont rely on low grade crapware like GG because its a waste of time and money and is easily bypassed thus negating the point of its existence in the first place.

For interest I believe hackshield is being withdrawn (was taken out of archeage) because the maker of that is pulling out of the MMO market, Gameguard is a useless rootkit and is basically bypassed with a dll in any game its implimented only causing problems for legitimate players and I believe the latest crapware out of Korea is XIGNCODE which I happened to notice on Black Desert Online. Was thinking of buying that one until I found on reddit that its apparently spying on peoples computers because it scans everything including peoples firefox cache's and other drives and is sending unknown data as well and like GG installs without a EULA.  Thanks to that they just saved me €30! :D

Realistically GG needs to go and the only good detection software is server end only. Installing disruptive crapware thats both easily defeatable and wastes everyones time is not the way to keep your MMO safe. I honestly think NCsoon picked the worst time to reactivate GG too expecially with the spike in account jacking activity around the same time.

Is NCSoft ever going to fix this? It happened starting with the Labyrinth patch, and now it's just awful, constant frame-rate stutters on Windows 8, it's unplayable, and it has nothing to do with graphics. Many people are experiencing this problem.

Get rid of GameGuard or force them to fix their shit. This is beyond the point of dumb now.

EDIT: Just crashed and missed the last GHS of the day because of this.

Thanks, thanks NCSoft, gj hiring GG. It worked out SO WELL with Aion you just had to bring it here didn't you?

NCSoft why do you force us to use a program (Game Guard) that refuses to work with Virus Protection software?  I use Trend Micro and have used it for 5 years with NO PROBLEMS with ANY other MMO. Yet on your game I can't run them at the same time. 

In game it lags, pauses, skips, jumps, and makes playing almost impossible, turn off my Virus Protection and the game runs smoothly.....  

We all know GG doesn't even work, and we now know it is having MAJOR conflicts with Virus Protection Software so PLEASE STOP USING THE PILE OF CRAP....

I refuse to go out and buy another VP just to play you game., so guess I will have to take my money else where seeing you don't seem to care.

Dear NCSoft, sorry if i'm a bit rude. but, now i wonder, if u used to remove game guard because premium players / founders complain about not being able to play, and if they stopped to spent, it'll be trouble for u.. but now worry not, because even bots use premium membership, so even if legit players were to complain about game guard and left, u'll still able to profit from bots spending money for premium membership. cause now i saw lots of bots use premium membership, and i'm sure they're unbannable. and free players opinion usually ignored anyway, so bots > free legit players cause they're premium membership.

If u were to be wise and just remove that useless program anyway.. i hope bots will still spend money to become premium membership and more legit players coming mean more chance ppls spend money and u'll get more profit if u remove game guard!!!!!!!!!!! please do remove game guard, it's proven to be useless by the world's international gaming association conference held in the moon on 4-10-2016 UTC 0:00 - 0:01.

• NCSOFT

Hi everybody,

We hear you and are merging the threads on this topic here, so we can review your feedback in one place. Please know that we understand your frustration and none of your posts are deleted or dismissed.

Please continue to share your thoughts here and know that we are listening and appreciate your input.

Team Blade & Soul

17 hours ago, MadnessCaffe said:

The problem is not just gameguard, it's in part their servers which they refuse to change cause they're greedy. Also they say the same thing  : "we will... we will... we will", I will become the president of USA too, see my point ?

most likely they don't want to waste money on good servers. i bet the servers they use are ubber bad, but they're ubber cheap

2 hours ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Hi everybody,

We hear you and are merging the threads on this topic here, so we can review your feedback in one place. Please know that we understand your frustration and none of your posts are deleted or dismissed.

Please continue to share your thoughts here and know that we are listening and appreciate your input.

Team Blade & Soul

It's nice to know that at the least you guys are reading this but at the same time afink people want to see some action at this point. At the very least DerpGuard should be shut off until a proper decision is made about it either through another attempt at it (not prefferable due to past experience) or just removing it entirely and swithing to server end detections (would be the preferred option).

I paid for the most expensive beta bundle, some costumes and cosmetics. My 90 days premium subscription is close to its end, i want to renew, but Gameguard (and other issues) makes me think twice, im having fps drops and lag spikes in places that before i was running smooth.

No more "turn it on and off again?" we need more than a "we are listening and appreciate your input".

You will end up with only bots online, since many players will eventualy quit if you stay this way.

A shame because i love this game...

What's worse is now that GG is up, there is bots back in arena. I am gold ranked stuck in destro hell. So Perfect timing and constant stuns plus lag equals no fun in arena anymore. Thank you dev team for doing a superb job. Take a bow.

This is an amazing game it is one of my favorites, however the customer support is useless and the Dev team clearly never listen to the player base. NCSoft is allowing these people to ruin this wonderful game.

On 11/4/2016 at 7:31 PM, GreenDestiny said:

My CPU is fine now that I replace the liquid cooler.    I had perfect performance on other games like Heroes of the Storm but after the time when I started stuttering extra bad because of gameguard last week, I started to get bad performance in Heroes too.  I uninstalled BnS and by troubleshooting I found out my CPU was overheating.   But what have I been doing the last month of play that put my CPU on constant stress?  yep playing blade and soul.  I have a 980 TI,  all this suttering you are getting is due to CPU not being able to handle the load because of bad design, gameguard, etc.

I also live in a warm country,  wait till the summer,  I bet some of you will fry your mainboard.

Oh and I forgot.  There is no way to trust a program such as Gameguard,  it has the ability to stop process and monitor your stuff.  Do they think that cutting your processes (or modifying fan speed who knows) is a good way to optimize the game?  When you contact support they tell you to stop all processes  (it's not like I have many processes but I like my msi afterburning running all the time).   What if this program is cutting windows processes so that you "optimize" your game.  Why should I trust a program such as Gameguard who is installed the same was as virus do?

I'm seeing WAY more spammers than normal (there were less for a period, now they're back in full force), WAY more bots in arena and now the incredibly annoying friend requests too.
This since gameguard was activated again. It's a burden only to legit players.
Yeah, good work there.

I'm starting to think the botters are using gameguard as a backdoor/vulnerability in some way, because every time it gets activated again lots more bots pop up.

Right before gameguard was back I had stable 120 fps plaing alone in mushin tower. Right now when I stand alone it stutters 120-90 every 10 seconds. When I am in party or in raids it is completely aweful. It's ok when it goes down to 30 fps cuz of amount of players around, but every 10 seconds in stuters to 15 fps, which makes fighting almost impossible. win 8.1, last nvidia driver, files repaired twice.

Archived