Low gold income on EU/NA Server

mesmer

1 hour ago, Green Storm said:

At the end of March, I mentioned that the Blade & Soul team was actively working on improving the gold income for a variety of players. We started with a few changes that were easy for us to implement in March and April:

• We added gold to the Demonsbane ranking rewards.
  • We modified two events:
    • The Soul Arena event got additional gold in ranking rewards for the top players.
    • The Battle Pass and Master Pass both included gold for everyone participating.

These are first steps, and we want to keep adapting the next changes based on how effective the current ones are. Behind the scenes, the teams are looking at providing more avenues for players to get gold from both existing content and also content that we’ll release in the future. Some of this work takes longer and you will not see it for a while.

Today, we can already tell you that you will see a new bundle available for a limited time at the end of this week, and we’re excited to confirm that you’ll be able to go back to Kaebi Village soon! More details coming shortly.

Please keep sending your feedback in this forum thread about what you think works, what doesn’t, and suggestions that would improve gold acquisition with the way you play the game.

I must stress that while the gold from Demonsbane ranking was in fact a welcome change, the utter butchering of Venture Token rewards was not and made it pointless for a vast majority of people to even consider running. As for the Battle and Master Passes, while that gold (and the other prizes in it, it's very much improved over the last Battle Pass) is also welcome, not everyone wants to or can put down what is equal to 30 USD for each pass. In fact, the Master Pass is not worth that much money in my opinion, though it does have a value.

What we truly desire as players is more options that are freely accessible yet must still be earned...which I freely admit would be a design challenge. Make it too easy, and you destroy the economy. Make it too hard or annoying, and no one will bother and continue to complain about the lack of gold.

If Kaebi Village truly is returning however, this will reduce a lot of complaints...IF, and only IF...its rewards are left completely unchanged from KR.

11 hours ago, Green Storm said:

At the end of March, I mentioned that the Blade & Soul team was actively working on improving the gold income for a variety of players. We started with a few changes that were easy for us to implement in March and April:

• We added gold to the Demonsbane ranking rewards.
  • We modified two events:
    • The Soul Arena event got additional gold in ranking rewards for the top players.
    • The Battle Pass and Master Pass both included gold for everyone participating.

These are first steps, and we want to keep adapting the next changes based on how effective the current ones are. Behind the scenes, the teams are looking at providing more avenues for players to get gold from both existing content and also content that we’ll release in the future. Some of this work takes longer and you will not see it for a while.

Today, we can already tell you that you will see a new bundle available for a limited time at the end of this week, and we’re excited to confirm that you’ll be able to go back to Kaebi Village soon! More details coming shortly.

Please keep sending your feedback in this forum thread about what you think works, what doesn’t, and suggestions that would improve gold acquisition with the way you play the game.

I have to say congratulations on the actual battle pass, the gold given by it adds value for the player to do it. I bought myself 2 plaques for my main and an alt. However Master Pass I didn't buy, the reason is because only 10 levels and the value provided is really bad for payment option. Gold was too low to compensate the purchase, and the Unity box provided is only a radiance while it should be an ascension. Also Making insignias is too expensive, perhaps the solution is not to inflate with more gold but reduce costs. 200 gold to try on each purple fusion is too much, 500 for legendary and 1000 for mythical. The chance for each one feels frustrating and unable to advanced, most of my runes are still blue or purple, and like the OP I play everyday. I don't miss a single day and I do high level content. (My main has over 3900 AP, 31000 mystic etc) Can't imagine people with less gear how they suffer, game is supposed to entertain, not to be a painfull experience. On the other hand there are 2 mistakes in this battle pass, one is a wrong translation, quest do state "fuse 5/10/20 insignias" which is wrong, or at least could say the lesser it leads to confusion. Actually  works without the need of fusion, you can "guild" them which is for free, vs guild that would be 200 gold blue to purple, multiply per 20 fusions you need, leads to waste 4000 gold and if you dont know about guild you could waste all this gold for no reason. Another bug and this one is for real, you can guild up to 30 runes at once (10 attempts), when you do so, battle pass only count 9 attempts, so I had to guild 10+10+2 so 22 guild in total to obtain my 20/20. The only known solution by now that I could test on my alt was to do 9+9+2 instead. Seems the last row might not count for whatever reason.

To be honest, if I have to choose between buying gold to those who sell it in shady ways or obtain it legally through the publisher I prefer the publisher, but you guys at ncsoft make financial income public to investors such as Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan, and with the numbers being showed (milions dolars), couldn't be the game a bit more pleasing to the player, a bit better performing and have a much better investment in servers? Remember when Soul Boost was out, we had to suffer for like 3 month every time Koldrak time, server was very unstable. Isn't possible to host Koldrak at a separate server so we don't have a bad experience? Look at League of Legends, game runs flawlessly in all aspects, graphical performance, servers, routing (ping), developers, communication, etc. Can't understand how a company with all this years of experience can fail like this at making their customers happy. Also Maintenance times, while can understand the guys from KR might be needed we've been already 6 years complaining the times are very bad for European players, killing our enjoyment at peak times. Could be possible to start maintenance 4 hours earlier for example? Typically MMO games past 10 or 11pm has no players because they sleep, is very different from FPS games or other genres that has online community, in MMO all the action is mostly by the morning and afternoon, starting maintenance at 4AM in America is simply stupid, too late for both them and us European. If maintenance would start 4 hours early, and you guys have a long one, both of regions will be able to play on wednesdays at somewhat normal times. For example today maintenance is scheduled to be 6 hours, means Europe will get the game up at 7pm. That's not acceptable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wardenlynftw said:

Various somewhat agreeable stuff.

I thought I noticed something abnormal about that fusing requirement when using the guild option...as for servers, strictly speaking while you only see one server for each region, each region is actually multiple linked together servers. It's unclear if Koldrak already has its own, but given you can't faction chat in it, it likely operates like F8 does (which also is a separate server). The Koldrak lag problems are likely due to their budget servers being overwhelmed, but they can't decide the hardware in them because they use Amazon's services now for the game.

Also staff gotta sleep too. They probably couldn't find anyone willing to be up at like midnight EST to flip switches for maint. I do agree the length and start time is stupid (I'm a bit of a NA morning bird myself, so I like it when the game is up early which typical maints do not allow), but it could be logistically impossible to improve upon.

32 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

I thought I noticed something abnormal about that fusing requirement when using the guild option...as for servers, strictly speaking while you only see one server for each region, each region is actually multiple linked together servers. It's unclear if Koldrak already has its own, but given you can't faction chat in it, it likely operates like F8 does (which also is a separate server). The Koldrak lag problems are likely due to their budget servers being overwhelmed, but they can't decide the hardware in them because they use Amazon's services now for the game.

Also staff gotta sleep too. They probably couldn't find anyone willing to be up at like midnight EST to flip switches for maint. I do agree the length and start time is stupid (I'm a bit of a NA morning bird myself, so I like it when the game is up early which typical maints do not allow), but it could be logistically impossible to improve upon.

Its their choice to use AWS instead of own servers, but still, they could pay more to Amazon to have more CPU power for example? I mean this all sound like cheap excusing for what legit should be, if they would make no profit for the game and still trying to run it for all of us I would agree with your argument, but that's not the case here.

About maintenance times I guess we all agree about that. Problem is mostlikely they need some spport from Korea, and starting earlier might mean there's no technical service for them.

Just now, wardenlynftw said:

Its their choice to use AWS instead of own servers, but still, they could pay more to Amazon to have more CPU power for example? I mean this all sound like cheap excusing for what legit should be, if they would make no profit for the game and still trying to run it for all of us I would agree with your argument, but that's not the case here.

About maintenance times I guess we all agree about that. Problem is mostlikely they need some spport from Korea, and starting earlier might mean there's no technical service for them.

Truthfully? I'm not sure how AWS works, if there is multiple tiers, if they can go up or down tiers, what hardware Amazon uses, ect ect. But the general performance was improved when they did swap, just Koldrak really stands out to the point I suspect it is a configuration error for how Koldrak works rather then server power.

This is getting a bit off track though from gold feedback. I guess until May we won't have much feedback to say that hasn't already been said...though given Green Storm mentioned a bundle, I suspect some sort of gold or high value item(s) will be in it.

• NCSOFT
2 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

This is getting a bit off track though from gold feedback. I guess until May we won't have much feedback to say that hasn't already been said...though given Green Storm mentioned a bundle, I suspect some sort of gold or high value item(s) will be in it.

Let's indeed stay on track, please! It is more difficult for a discussion to be fruitful and for us to parse it if we start adding topics that divert from what is being asked. I appreciate the early feedback you two posted here, and I would like to invite you to create new discussions if you're starting to be off-topic. I'm still being lenient with moderation at this point, but I will at some point try to use moderation as a tool so that we can all be on the same page.

And to close the topic of maintenance times: we're aware of the issue, particularly for European players, but this is a complex topic for reasons I can't go into details here. Many people, teams, and processes are involved in these maintenances, and this system cannot be changed easily. We will continue discussing this topic on our side to see if something can be done to improve the situation.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With the recent news post, I can finally give some additional feedback on the gold situation. Kaebi Village's return means more gold, and better then I was expecting...but not perfect. Unless I'm missing something, the Kaebi Key is only available to Premium players, locking 100g behind a paywall per day. I am going to assume the Brute Loot if a regular key is used does give 100 gold and 200 if using the Kaebi Key until this is clarified. However, 2800g potentially for the duration of Premium is...not terrible, given the other benefits given anyways.

The Bronze, Silver and Gold Gourds are semi-random but more likely to lean towards higher quality ones the further you reach in waves, so stronger players are likely to see Gold ones and thus will get a greater gold income. This could potentially make sense, but we'll see how well it works in practice come update day.

This is a better fix then expected.

The event looks rather nice, however it is an event. We'll have to wait for full patch notes with the rest of system changes and potential balances to be able to say anything about long term solutions.

• 2 months later...

Sooo, what happened to this topic? As far as i know costs haven't changed, and nothing added to give more gold either, we got Kaebi Village for a month with very reduced rewards and its long gone now too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EnithD said:

Sooo, what happened to this topic? As far as i know costs haven't changed, and nothing added to give more gold either, we got Kaebi Village for a month with very reduced rewards and its long gone now too.

A few things have changed since Kaebi Village: we've gotten more dungeons, which slightly increases the daily gold. Some dungeons got cycled out of F8 as well, but got to keep their daily quest rewards, further increasing daily gold in exchange for more effort. Some rough calculations on my part indicate that if one did all dungeons (both F8 and dungeons removed from it), they would get 312g a day. This works out to be 405g if Premium.

This is actually an improvement, but it's not a huge one that people have been demanding. Nothing has changed for weekly gold counts, those remain at a flat 200g for all six 6 weekly challenges, plus 30g (39 if Premium) for the easy raids, and if you do all raids except Serpent's Den, you'll get roughly 400g (520g if premium). This does not account for the Dynamic Quest reward boxes giving gold since there's a small chance they'll give 100g per box.

This ultimately results in a weekly income of 2,800g currently or 3,580 if premium.

• Like 1

i suggest adding 50 gold for finishing your 5 daily challenges and 200 gold extra on the weekly challenge it will add up to 550 a week

if your making 2800 gold a week it will be 3350 gold a week (( but most players don't make 2800 gold a week not all players do all dungeons in the game ))

(( the weekly challenge will be something like finish 2 Quest you get 50 Gold finish 4 you get 75 gold finish 5 you get 100 gold and at 6 you will get 175 gold ))

it will not solve the income problem because of the RNG upgrade that we still have in the game but it will help

• Like 2

It wont do anything, people left due to losing 500k gold and their rings/earring are not even +10 yet. People left due to the huge amount of messed-up patches. People left due to the grind fest this game is now. People left because PVP is dead. People left due the the bad % RNG in events, upgrading and drops.

I am at the point of leaving too. Have a allmost 4k ap main, but the enjoyment of playing is gone, due to the above reasons.

8 hours ago, MAX2016ACE said:

i suggest adding 50 gold for finishing your 5 daily challenges and 200 gold extra on the weekly challenge it will add up to 550 a week

if your making 2800 gold a week it will be 3350 gold a week (( but most players don't make 2800 gold a week not all players do all dungeons in the game ))

(( the weekly challenge will be something like finish 2 Quest you get 50 Gold finish 4 you get 75 gold finish 5 you get 100 gold and at 6 you will get 175 gold ))

it will not solve the income problem because of the RNG upgrade that we still have in the game but it will help

Increasing by about 20% based on your numbers would actually help quite a bit. I don't even get close 2800 in a week per character since I don't play every day of the week, that's just an absolute maximum. What most players tend to do instead is leverage their alts by doing weekly challenges on as many of them to compensate, as well as the first three raids (Skybreak, Eluvium/Scion's Keep and Nightfall) which is far more time effective. By rewarding that better, it helps the problem.

Quite interesting to see a few pages of posts in this thread while being a person that only plays on one (main) character that's not running ANY raid for months, and only running daily challenge/events most of the time, yet never complaining about gold income... and before anyone mentions it, I've never swiped, not even once.

Edited by Walex
Typo

2 hours ago, Walex said:

Quite interesting to see a few pages of posts in this thread while being a person that only plays on one (main) character that's not running ANY raid for months, and only running daily challenge/events most of the time, yet never complaining about gold income... and before anyone mentions it, I've never swiped, not even once.

I guess you also don't (try to) upgrade a lot.

This is still a major issue as of today that keeps me from actually playing beyond the finished Soul Boost on 3 characters.

I can give a very good example to this:

Just from adding all soul boost psyches to my accs and badges.... I wasted around 1400 gold. However, we still make barely any gold from content. The only option would be to buy the pass for 30 dollars every single time that gives you atleast around 20k gold. 

Now... to even consider going for Starcross accs, I should get most of my skystealer accs to +11. Just one acc from +6 to +11 costs around 3-4k gold... you have 6 of them. That adds up to 18-24k gold just getting all of them to +11. Sure, this got a lot better with the recent patch (people wasted sometimes over 50k for one acc rolling RNG fiesta lmao), but it's still much... why? You need to spend weeks or months to even get them into this position... just so you don't have to deal with this massive cost of upgrading Starcross to +6 (which is RNG). 

The pass is indeed a nice paid option and gold boost but only a bandaid fix. What needs to be done is ACTUAL fixes to the gold income by doing ingame activities... a few RNG related 1k gold from weekly chests won't do it here. 

Korea gets a daily chest with MINIMUM 1k gold (premium key)... with a small chance to even receive 5k gold. We can also reach that stage... but have to grind 4-times as hard. That is demotivating. Korea gets more gold from daily dungeon quests.. something we could honestly need at this point because gold is needed more and more. 

It just feels like a huge chore. There's definitely some room for improvements. 

Edited by Amane

8 hours ago, Walex said:

sadly your remark adds nothing to the conversation nor gives a solution

so your logic seems to be like it's not affecting me so that problem does not exist

like wtf

i can't stand people that think that way, (( when a player asks for help or add a post for having a problem and some one come in and say hi i don't have the problem you have so what you say is not important and there is no problem here ))

having rng in the upgrading system is the biggest problem 

that is why we need more gold so the rng in the game doesn't make it impossible to keep up with upgrades

befor the change to the skystealer accessories , you know i wasted about 5k ( some of them less ) on each of my Skystealer accessorie to get for stage 1 to 6

i lost just under 30k gold for all of them combined

i started to get failed to upgrade when going from 3 to 4 and it got worse when trying to go from stage 5 to 6

and you need to remember that we have other items and systems in the game to upgrade not just the accessories all of them use gold

i had 10 freaking gold left on me that day 

although the changes to Skystealer accessories was a good move its still not good enough

so yes we need more gold income 

2 minutes ago, StrongAndPretty said:

you know i wasted about 5k ( some of them less ) on each of my Skystealer accessorie to get for stage 1 to 6

i lost just under 30k gold for all of them combined

Which is absolutely crazy because now you pay less gold for +6 to +11 for all accs. Only so you start at +6 with Starcross and don't have to deal with even worse rates and more gold drain. 

37 minutes ago, Amane said:

Which is absolutely crazy because now you pay less gold for +6 to +11 for all accs. Only so you start at +6 with Starcross and don't have to deal with even worse rates and more gold drain. 

yes it sucks but there is nothing i can do about that lost gold ,  for me i will try to go as high as i can before i switch over so i don't have to deal with the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ RNG for a while

but we haven't heard anything from Green Storm since last April

so i guess with The Battle Pass they think the gold is fixed and for us plebs we get that

4kzOqY4.jpg

weee we swimming in gold now

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RinDman said:

Or just put the official auto farming at Celestial bassin ... Coz you can see how people are actives at every hours sometimes 👀

I just assume every one who is in basin on my friendlist is using the tool to enable auto-combat there.

• Like 1

all raids on bm niveau, quest gold and gold chest from bosses the same like bm, and bring the hm gold chests back in the game and finally switch the starcross upgrade system to the skystealer upgrade system. 

much more gold/week and a no rng with the gear. 

14 hours ago, dannythenut said:

all raids on bm niveau, quest gold and gold chest from bosses the same like bm, and bring the hm gold chests back in the game and finally switch the starcross upgrade system to the skystealer upgrade system. 

much more gold/week and a no rng with the gear. 

I don't see them doing that to Starcross to be honest...not without hugely inflating the gold costs.