Low gold income on EU/NA Server

mesmer

Getting gold via the auction house doesn't help at all, because it doesn't solve the problem but only gives gold from one person to another. No gold is generated in this way, even worse because of the fees some gold is lost in the transaction. Eventually people will run out of gold and then it won't work that way anymore.

I also agree with Mesmer in this case, something has to be done so that more gold is generated by the players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cupidstar said:

280-340g - check F5 next time.

this is how F5 looks as I'm writing, even on page 5 it is still at 240g, far from your "280-340", on page 6, the very last page and thus the most expensive Pet Pod on the market is at 299g, not even reaching the 300 you claimed....
3L29kO4.png

I even logged in on NA to check the market place and they are also at 220g for the lowest priced Pet Pods and 285g for the most expensive one, are you even playing the game?
A4HfWwD.png

Can be done in the background, while doing other things.

Also, the value is "less than 4g per day per 2 crafting guilds per character".

it's still a fixed cost per pet pod? you can't just ignore crafting costs while doing a calculation of how much gold you'd make? Btw I mean the 15g you need for crafting the Blood Stones, not the one for the Crafting Guild Materials (which would also come on top of it)

Free materials you get from Soul Boost and dungeon boxes.

nope you don't get Elysian Orbs and Moonstones from Soul Boost, we're talking about TRADABLE materials here, not the account bound ones. You can't just write them off as "free" if you could also sell them. You also drop them less than tradable materials you'd use for pet pods, so you'd have to buy them from the market too.

Not if you do the math correctly.

The most expensive part is the F5 fee for selling it.

I didn't even subtract the fee for f5, since I assumed you'd sell in faction chat or discords as its normally done.

But I honestly assume you're trolling since you tell me to check F5 and when I do it just fully proves my point.

Edited by FriendlyFox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think you are ALL missing the point.  The OP suggests that the game needs to add more gold so we can continue to upgrade gear to levels well beyond what any of the content requires.  This is pure, mindless drudgery, and nothing close to anything that can be considered fun.  The solution isnt to grind more, the solution is to STOP PLAYING until NC decides to add enough new content that the game is actually fun to play.

Sorry, the truth hurts.  This game has killed itself.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tufa said:

I think you are ALL missing the point.  The OP suggests that the game needs to add more gold so we can continue to upgrade gear to levels well beyond what any of the content requires.  This is pure, mindless drudgery, and nothing close to anything that can be considered fun.  The solution isnt to grind more, the solution is to STOP PLAYING until NC decides to add enough new content that the game is actually fun to play.

Sorry, the truth hurts.  This game has killed itself.

Not that I completely disagree with you, but pushing for max gear is actually required if you have the goal of ranking as highest as possible in the demonsbane dungeons. For anything else it's unnecessary, for sure.

15 minutes ago, Gman said:

lol why go +20 within 2 months after introduction...this is a long term thingy. impatient ppl in here

you fully missed the point of mesmer, his whole calculation is to show you that you literally can't max it out on +20 before the next tier of the same accessories are going to get released. even the most active player (who is literally grinding half his life in this game) can't sustain himself at max gear without buying gold from external sources (where NCSoft isn't earning a single cent from).

And for me it's mostly the insanely low RNG of those upgrades. You literally blow sometimes 250k+ gold into trying +19 to +20 without succeeding, while someone goes lucky and has to use 1-3k. Haven't seen a worse upgrade system in any kind of game I've played so far. You literally blow out months of hard collected gold for ... literally nothing, can't tell me that's how a good upgrade system should feel like.

Edited by FriendlyFox
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, FriendlyFox said:

you fully missed the point of mesmer, his whole calculation is to show you that you literally can't max it out on +20 before the next tier of the same accessories are going to get released. even the most active player (who is literally grinding half his life in this game) can't sustain himself at max gear without buying gold from external sources (where NCSoft isn't earning a single cent from).

And for me it's mostly the insanely low RNG of those upgrades. You literally blow sometimes 250k+ gold into trying +19 to +20 without succeeding, while someone goes lucky and has to use 1-3k. Haven't seen a worse upgrade system in any kind of game I've played so far. You literally blow out months of hard collected gold for ... literally nothing, can't tell me that's how a good upgrade system should feel like.

The game is designed for koreans, not west.

They sleep, eat, live nby RNG. Their whole existance is based on that mentality. Did you watch Squid Game?

It is how it is, and that wont change. Aion got destroyed by rng, BNS will also. 

There was a reason i did not count in Gold from selling stuff at the market or from raids aside of the gold that is effectively generated for free by the raid quest itself.

Aswell about crafting Pet Pods, i do so. A lot. However i dont sell them because i plan to use them to progress with gear by myself and even if i sell them.... crafting maybe 7 a week will result in 1400 gold at max so its yet 1,5 trys to click mythical accessories.

The generall intention of the post was just to point out that its impossible to generate enough gold WITHOUT taking it from other players via 6 sellraids a week or selling each mat you find along the way. It doesnt even come close to beeing able to maintain "max gear" which should be doable having a look at how much im playing this game.

Ofc i forgot to mention we can sell Legendary Jewels and Elements for 5 gold each so its 100 gold more per char/week. Kap

And i dont want to talk about people who spent lower time grinding in BnS with more limited time. The values in post are my personal values and i highly doubt there are a lot of players that play the game as much as i do aside of few.

There have to be changes at the basic gold income.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mesmer said:

There have to be changes at the basic gold income.

I agree.

I was just giving an option to pump the numbers up a bit, just in case you forgot about it.

But...

21 minutes ago, mesmer said:

Aswell about crafting Pet Pods, i do so. A lot. However i dont sell them because i plan to use them to progress with gear by myself and even if i sell them.... crafting maybe 7 a week will result in 1400 gold at max so its yet 1,5 trys to click mythical accessories.

Which makes perfect sense.

Just don't get why people are to firey about a perfectly reasonable statement.

I guess toxic people must keep toxicity levels consistent, even when the player base shrinks...

Edited by Cupidstar

well, I really like the idea to play the market it does work to a certain level, though items that would sell are only a few nowadays. I believe all the bitterness comes from the romanticized number we been looking from the start. And yes given the fact we own a char thats capeable of running like everything (excluding sanctum) we would best case make 6k G + mats. And thats by running everything at every chance we get.

Like we can now see is stuff dropping in price since values are decreasing at once. So if you'd be in need of pet pods, one would go craft. Market fee in itself is a joke. Even if I would go a step further and include F9 as potential gold which doesnt get translated between players either.

So rn, to me its a joke to bring out so often new 3 items which need to be expensive to upgrade. an average +6 with decent stats aswell as boni whilst +10 being max and kinda obtainable - that'd be fine.

Overall, removing most F8 is stupid. Swapping scale drops for few boxs' even more so. Nothing against grinding for gold at all, in this state there isnt anything for grinding for either.

OR make synth stones less obtainable (well ne stone obov) which will need like n-stones for another stage but like this stage upgrades are 100%. while we might need more dungeons to farm the new item, that way gold loss could be stopped.

^ a big time.

Also, what is money washing gonna fix here in a long term..?
Besides, I seriously doubt the majority of people wants and / or knows how to deal with that kind of a thing.

Lastly, I don't think many of us want to play the market instead of playing the game itself. I think many will agree that we haven't come here to play some stock market or banking simulators.. This shouldn't be too much to ask from a game. But ey.. NFTs are being force fed into the media, so why not, eh? xD

So, @Green Storm any words by you regarding the topic?

Or are you guys seriously going to ignore the topic, posts, opinions and possible solutions?

I request an answer here ASAP everything else is just pure disrespekt against your playerbase and wont be tolerated any longer.

Scrolling through the forum actually let me see there are many other contributions, maybe not as accurate as mine, but treating the same points like gold income, synthesis stone costs, to much RNG and the sheer amount of bugs starting with beeing unable to enter "Den of the Ancients".

You have to make a statement im totally serious beeing treated disrespektful by getting ignored will lower the morale and hope for the game of the remaining players you have down to 0.

• Like 2

For me personally, dungeon running can be quite mundane, particularly if it's on alts I only am "half" playing to get gold for main etc.

If there was somewhere to "grind" in game, akin to a BDO grind spot possibly (Like primewald, maybe manual zone, idk the intricacies are not for me to decide) where I could kill mobs and stuff solo to generate gold at w.e pace is deemed appropriate, i'd be quite happy. (Sounds like Kaebi vill in KR is like this, i am still learning things)

I liked going to farm moonlight arbor/celestial basin back in the day, although most of the time you got matts... a place similar, but for currency generation would be cool?

Either way, if somewhere like this existed, ontop of my dailies, I could see myself grinding 2hours+ a day in a zone like this truthfully, keeping me in game even longer. The more zones, diversity or w.e, would only add to keeping me in game longer as well - as in, I'd very much want to stay in game longer if I had more "dfferent" stuff to kill on a day to day basis on my main... 

As much as I'd love to see bns CMs to actually take action on ANYTHING... I actually root for nothing to change.

Most people in this topic are nothing but pathetic xml/gcd/ce champions who cheated tf out of the game for your precious rankings. You didn't write a word here when people were asking for more proficient anticheat method FOR YEARS.

Suffer through inconveniences like rest of us did.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GenericNick said:

when people were asking for more proficient anticheat method FOR YEARS

You were asking for the wrong thing to solve a real problem.

That's like asking for more food to cure obesity.

Also, we're here talking about GOLD!!!

Not HMCoins or PVP...

I see people having 200k gold to spend on mythical accs. I only have 2000 gold right now. This stuff is whale-exclusive anyway. It's not like I will ever go higher than +7 as F2P player. Why are you complaining about gold income if you just swipe left and right all the time. Just...buy more gold?

Actually, I have a better idea. Just farm aerodrome on 20 accounts instead of 1 for the copper. You are all botting it 24/7 anyway.

1 hour ago, Sophronia said:

I see people having 200k gold to spend on mythical accs. I only have 2000 gold right now. This stuff is whale-exclusive anyway. It's not like I will ever go higher than +7 as F2P player. Why are you complaining about gold income if you just swipe left and right all the time. Just...buy more gold?

lmao I love how new or returning players always use the term "f2p" to refer to their situation and call whale everyone else, including old veteran players, because world revolves around you right?

Some of us played for years, since launch, even as f2p you can be hugely geared if you do that and keep up over time. And ofc ppl get mad when this +20 is simply impossible to farm due to lack of gold, hence the point of this thread. If he just whaled for gold he wouldn't be making this thread in the first place, maybe try reading it first?

• Thanks 1

It occurs to me that NCWest is clearly spitting in the face of players who are still playing BnS.

When BnS came up with the EU server in 2016, it had 1,200,000 players and many had been waiting for it for 4 years.

I've been playing myself since the beginning, but I'm not a pro. I'm not even a player who would actively play on alt characters, even though my main character has changed 3 times, so I have a few and I spend 90% of my free time in the game. I do not deny that I am a noob for mechanics and I am of the opinion why learn something when in a few months they will cancel those mechanics and go to the burst. The exception is demonsbane, where I try to learn the mechanics, but even so, my ceiling is 41 levels.

For a long time I was definitely a PvP player and my economy was going to go 6v6, where it was enough to get to the gold rank and then buy battle boxes with moonstone for battle points and I sold them. At that time, moonstone was sold for 5-10G. I had no problem earning 4000G in a week this way + I earned 500G in PvE. Today, PvP is dead, so I have to go for PvE and I can earn a maximum of 250G a day. That's 1750G per week, when I add a set of weekly + BT, VT, SK, TT and ET, so I get to 2550G per week and I have to play it really honestly, there's no way to farm monsters in the open world, etc. This would be understandable if gear plus was not such RNG gambling. Just increasing AD and SS jewelry to +6 will cost an average of 6000G per piece, so more than 2 weeks of honest farming each day to upgrade a single accessory and only to +6 for higher levels, so improving to a maximum of single acessories will cost in my luck at least 1M gold, similarly if I want to improve the complete gear so that I can prepare 10M gold, which is almost 11 years of honest everyday play...

As already mentioned on the KR server, you can earn 14K gold a day quite quickly, in total you can earn 100K a week there, which compares the disparity. But only bad will come to Korea on EU and US servers...

Either they add the opportunity to earn gold on the US and EU server like on a Korean server, or they cancel the gambling. Yes, gold can be obtained illegally, for example by using hacks and selling a drop from TC, etc., some have made hundreds of thousands here, but these are things that the average player does not even know about.

• Like 1