Low gold income on EU/NA Server

mesmer

On 2/23/2022 at 11:01 AM, darthBaal said:

Just increasing AD and SS jewelry to +6 will cost an average of 6000G per piece

I have to disagree with this. I spent an average of 3.5k per piece, to get it to +6 or +7.

On 2/23/2022 at 11:01 AM, darthBaal said:

so improving to a maximum of single acessories will cost in my luck at least 1M gold, similarly if I want to improve the complete gear so that I can prepare 10M gold, which is almost 11 years of honest everyday play...

That sounds about right.

However, this does show something different...

Instead of fixing the gold we get, how about changing the RNG percentages, to make it actually possible for people to gear up?

3 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

Instead of fixing the gold we get, how about changing the RNG percentages, to make it actually possible for people to gear up?

There are 3 possible fixes to the issue and what you said is one of them:

1) Increase success rate of accessory upgrade attempts so that we can upgrade them in less attempts (as you suggested)

2) Reduce gold cost of upgrade attempts so that we can attempt more upgrades with our little gold income

3) Increase gold income so that we can attempt more upgrades

Until demonsbane accessories, accessories were the only thing we can farm/grind to upgrade, but now due to low gold income they are heavily time gated by daily and weekly quests gold rewards, so as a result, multi running dungeons have very little worth now.

And as the author of this thread explained, even with doing those daily/weekly quests with 12 chars, we dont get even half of the gold required to max these accessories until the new ones are released. In the past with bit of regular farming it was quite possible to max all accessories before new ones are released.

Best solution in my opinion for both of these problems would be to put gold boxes back in dungeons dynamic quest rewards, with better gold rewards, so that there would be a point in multi running dungeons and we would get a decent amount of gold income to upgrade our accessories.

I want to believe that the problem is under consideration and they are thinking of a fix, lets hope they find one soon.

8 minutes ago, EnithD said:

I want to believe that the problem is under consideration and they are thinking of a fix, lets hope they find one soon.

I don't think it is being considered at all.

There have been 0 answers from Community Managers.

10 minutes ago, EnithD said:

Until demonsbane accessories, accessories were the only thing we can farm/grind to upgrade, but now due to low gold income they are heavily time gated by daily and weekly quests gold rewards, so as a result, multi running dungeons have very little worth now.

However, with demonsbane, a lowly player can still get these accessories, while without demonsbane those accessories would be 100% locked out of people.

To get the silversteel accessories, you would need to get into the dungeon that drops them.

Either you would have to pay absolutely absurd amounts of gold for runs, or you would get nothing.

You could be lucky and be in a clan that would take you to runs, but, other than that, raids after tt are effectively locked out.

This, to obtain gear that's already extremely old.

With demonsbane, you can take your character and just re-do the dungeon until you're sick of it, and obtain the latest accessories.

Something that wasn't possible since I can remember (I started playing in January 2016).

A few days ago kr removed kaebi village from their server. That means for us that we probably won't get it in our region, and that kr now has a better source to get gold.. seeing that and then looking at our server just makes me sad. As with the other posts, I would like an answer from our new CM. I can only agree with everything that being said from Mesmer.

We always had enchantment system that people never bothered to max out +20 - think of Spiritwaker, Uzume accs, FoE accs. They cost way too much gold and fusion stones that it was unrealistic to reach +20 before new tiers get released, and nobody is complaining about it. 

So I always thought of Demonsbane accs as another enchantment system where it's impossible to get to +20, so you would pick a compromise (somewhere around +12) and call it a day.

I think there are 2 distinct focuses here

1. Some say all gears should be max-able. Then my question is, what about enchantment? Maybe every player can pick their own compromise and be happy with it.

2. Some say we are treated differently from KR. I think that is fair. Minor difference is ok, but the gap in gold income seems to be too huge to ignore, especially when it's directly impacting gear outcome.

6 minutes ago, tats888 said:

We always had enchantment system that people never bothered to max out +20 - think of Spiritwaker, Uzume accs, FoE accs. They cost way too much gold and fusion stones that it was unrealistic to reach +20 before new tiers get released, and nobody is complaining about it. 

So I always thought of Demonsbane accs as another enchantment system where it's impossible to get to +20, so you would pick a compromise (somewhere around +12) and call it a day.

I think there are 2 distinct focuses here

1. Some say all gears should be max-able. Then my question is, what about enchantment? Maybe every player can pick their own compromise and be happy with it.

2. Some say we are treated differently from KR. I think that is fair. Minor difference is ok, but the gap in gold income seems to be too huge to ignore, especially when it's directly impacting gear outcome.

The reason why noone did +20 on the earlier accs, was because those paths had a chance to fail and go down a stage

Demonsbane does not have a chance to fail and you can just keep putting in gold until +20 without any fails.

Edited by Uldrum

4 minutes ago, Cupidstar said:

It DOES have a chance to fail.

But it doesn't go back a stage.

I mean.. does not have a chance to go back one stage.

I wrote wrong. sorry 🙂

This forum has this weird thing where you can't go back and edit after like 30 min as well.

Annoying 😄

Edited by Uldrum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uldrum said:

The reason why noone did +20 on the earlier accs, was because those paths had a chance to fail and go down a stage

Demonsbane does not have a chance to fail and you can just keep putting in gold until +20 without any fails.

What intrigues me is when a system is more costly, more punishing, more RNG, people complain less. The game designers must have debated whether they wanted to make Demonsbane accs work the same way as enchantment. At the end, they decided to make it more affordable, only to receive more complaints.

Gold income is one way to solve the problem, but I might think about it differently. The flaws could be that we barely have enough (but not too far) gold to reach +20, as well as differences in outcome across players. aka feeling salty when others get something better. The amount of gold required to achieve higher enchantment was too much that, even with real money, nobody attempted. This resulted in more or less equal outcome across players. However, with Demonsbane accs, +20 was actually achievable if one bought gold, or had the luck. Hence, less paying or less fortunate players feel bad. If they costed 100 times more, or they had a pity system for failures, we would have been in a different place. Also, as I mentioned earlier, the gap between NA/EU and KR seems to be too significant to ignore.

Edited by tats888

On 3/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, tats888 said:

or they had a pity system for failures

This is actually something that should be implemented.

Back in 2014, Tera had a system where you could upgrade your gear from +9 to +12, but each time you tried and failed, you would have an increased chance of upgrading.

The amount it increased was depending on the level of the gear.

In this case, if there's a 5% chance to upgrade, it should add 5% to that "pity system".

You no longer have to spend over 3.5k gold to upgrade to +6, and the gold situation would be less bad.

Dne 24. 2. 2022 v 14:49 Cupidstar řekl:

S tím musím nesouhlasit. Utratil jsem v průměru 3,5 tisíc za kus, abych to dostal na +6 nebo +7.

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but I still have a ring, earrings and a bracelet.

I only raised to +6. My ring from stage 5 to stage 6 failed 28x so it's 5600G if I add stage 1 to 5, then together it's 6000G

The earrings failed me from stage 4 and stage 5 and before I got it on stage 6 I lost 8600G. The bracelet was the cheapest, so it folded together only 10 times and the improvement on stage 6 cost about 2500G.

6000 + 9500 + 2500/3 = 6000 From this I came to the conclusion that reaching stage 6 costs a player who is unlucky on RNG on average 6000G and I do not count the raw materials...

I also have screenshots of that failure if someone doesn't want to believe me.

In short, the RNG system is very unfair, when it works for some without a failure and for others it fails 30 times ...

Edited by darthBaal

19 minutes ago, Toöns said:

After more than 3 weeks the community manager just ignored it. is it a joke ? 
Even if its a no, just answer plz

Well yet again another community manager looking promising and 2 weeks after ignore everything.
I really wanna know how come a "i am looking into it" or something else is worse than ignoring important stuff ?
Who taught NC staff that ?

13 hours ago, darthBaal said:

I only raised to +6. My ring from stage 5 to stage 6 failed 28x so it's 5600G if I add stage 1 to 5, then together it's 6000G

Yeah, it took me 12 tries from +5 to +6.

12 hours ago, PervertedLyn said:

Well yet again another community manager looking promising and 2 weeks after ignore everything.

I think it is in NCWest's interest that the Community Manager doesn't say anything about this.

The Community Manager exists to serve the company first and then bridge the gap between the company and players.

I don't think we will see any changes to improve the gold situation, or any statement about this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, 

Since everything in the game requires a huge ammount of gold right now to progress any system in the game we need more gold on daylie bases ingame. 

The market prices are low as they can be so even if u sell all the mats u farm in a 3h game session u can maximum attempt 1 upgrade a day in best case, be at acces, Rune fuse, weapon upgrade etc. 

I can see that changing amounts where u can abuse alts since we dont have account bound content outside event currency sometimes can be tricky but something has to be done. 

Easiest solution would be implementing gold boxes in endgame content that are farmable. 

That sounds maybe like a lot of gold gain but make no mistake, if u want to progress fairly to an ammount that make u have fun to play the game u need to earn 1k gold a day minimum, everything else is just frustrating esp since u dont want to farm on alts old content to min max the daylie gold ( what is still a low ammount) rather ppl would like to play meaningfully content u need to play regardless. 

Since the Player base declined and ppl crave gold playing endgame content for player who are interested becomes harder as a result. 

Finding partys for endgame content is already hard as it is since ppl focusing on easyer gains of income.

The current system is totally unfair, considering that with a weapon of other equipment, it will eat you 5000G and a lot of material, and you will not get to stage 6, because +5> +4> +3 etc ... Gold intake is ridiculous when we take how much the improvement costs even at +6 ...

• NCSOFT

Hi everyone,

We want to acknowledge this topic and let you know that we're working on addressing this issue. This will require various changes and we may be able to do some reasonably fast while others will take more time. We heard you and we want to make your experience more enjoyable, with an endgame progression curve less steep for gold income. I'll keep you updated about our progress on the changes we're bringing.

I want to add that I kept an eye on that discussion for a while, trying to understand it in the context of Blade & Soul. Any MMO has a variety of systems and players that interact in complex ways and each MMO community handles this topic differently. Some players take their time enjoying the world and story, while others thrive in the endgame and many other player have profiles in between.

Last but not least, please keep sending your feedback. Be as concise as you can be, which means no walls of text with lengthy explanations but also put as many details as needed for us to understand your feedback. I want to hear from all players, whatever your perspective, so please be respectful of other players as they may not have the same goals and viewpoint as you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

First of all, thank you for, at least, saying something.

I'm not used to seeing this.

24 minutes ago, Green Storm said:

with an endgame progression curve less steep for gold income.

The problem, in my opinion, isn't just the incredibly lacking gold sources.

The other problem, which was discussed here, is how much everything costs.

A list of all TL;DR:

• Insignia fusion: 200 gold
    Insignia fusion too expensive for something that fails

• Making gear into Mystical gear: ~900 gold entry (EU)
    Making weapon, soul, heart, pet aura and talisman into Mystical is too expensive

• Mystic upgrades: way too much gold
    Mystic upgrades cost too much for almost no success rate

• Master's Mysterious Radiance Stone Chests: 15 gold
    Master's Mysterious Radiance Stone Chests are too expensive

• Unity Fusion: Ethereal Vials: ~200 gold each (EU)
    Upgrading Unity stones costs WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much or doesn't work properly

• Additional points...
    Raid stuff is unobtainable, upgrading gear costs too many Premium Transformation Stones

Below, I elaborate a little more on my thoughts.

If you disagree with me, please do so respectfully.
If I got anything wrong, please tell me.

Insignia fusion: 200 gold.

That's absolutely insane, specially for something that WILL fail, and it's just for the lowest grade insignias.

It gets worse: fusing 3 "heroic" (purple) insignias is 500 gold!

AND IT GETS WORSE: fusing 3 "legendary" (orange) insignias is 1000 gold!!!!

THAT'S A WHOLE WEEK OF GOLD, from dungeons and raids!

TL;DR: Insignia fusion too expensive for something that fails.

Making gear into Mystical gear: ~900 gold entry (EU)

So, to make your new shiny piece of gear into Mystical gear, you need to pay with 5 Premium Transformation Stones.

This is a huge gold and resource sink, which fails and fails and fails and fails...

You need 4500 gold to make your weapon, soul, heart, pet aura and talisman into Mystical.

This is JUST TO BEGIN. I don't even imagine the enormous cost it is to upgrade Mystical levels.

TL;DR: Making weapon, soul, heart, pet aura and talisman into Mystical is too expensive.

Mystic upgrades: way too much gold.

We sink all the gold trying to upgrade 1 more stage.

With the demise of raids, we now only get mystical gear from Demonsbane dungeons.

To upgrade, we have to either use Fusion Stones (horrible probability of upgrade after +6) or Synthesis Stones (less horrible probability of upgrade after +6).

Each try costs more anD MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE ... just to fail almost all the time.

TL;DR: Mystic upgrades cost too much for almost no success rate.

Master's Mysterious Radiance Stone Chests: 15 gold.

It may seem like something so small, but, this little box costs 5x more than ANY other box.

And it gives the exact same drops that the Sparkling Radiance Stone Chests give, and those cost just 3 gold to open.

TL;DR: Master's Mysterious Radiance Stone Chests are too expensive

Unity Fusion: Ethereal Vials: ~200 gold each (EU)

Not only are they super hard to get, you need tons and tons of them to begin with.

There are 2 ways to get mystical unity stones:

1- Be extremely lucky and fuse them (only happened 3 times to me)

2- Buy Ethereal Vials and use them on NPCs (events sometimes give them)

Here's an example: If I want to upgrade my Ascension Stone, I need...

aluRXMO.png

150 Ethereal vials and 150 gold???

That's about 30150 gold just for 1 upgrade.

But fear not, if I want to upgrade my Radiance Stones, it is just (120 Ethereal Vials * 200 gold) + 120 gold = 24120 gold.

No big deal... Just takes a few months to get it for a minimal upgrade...

You can just say to use the Transmute to get my crappy Mystic Radiance Stones into Prized Radiance Stones, which cost (25 Ethereal Vials * 200 gold) + 250 gold = 5250 gold.

But guess what? YOU CAN'T USE THOSE STONES!

iBv0ma2.png

TL;DR: Upgrading Unity stones costs WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much or doesn't work properly.

Additional points...

There are other issues in the game, like NO RAIDS so can't upgrade my weapon or get an amulet.

(Yes, yes, Soul Boost gives you one, but it's the lowest of the lower ones, and you can't change it into a better one. Even that needs raids...)

And just upgrading my weapon to stage 9 costs about 10 Premium Transformation Stones, which aren't easy to obtain or cheap.

TL;DR: Raid stuff is unobtainable, upgrading gear costs too many Premium Transformation Stones.

• Like 2

Hello and thank you for your reply Green Storm that means a Lot to me!

As a month has gone by, Things stay the Same they are since the  deamonsbane system and the new Accessoires got released.

There are to many, to expensive Things to afford in this Game.

As already mentioned by @Cupidstar the Sheer amounts of

-Ethereal Vials we need for unity Upgrades or Mythical Badges

-Gem Powders, Pet Pods we need for Weapon or Pet Gems

-Sacred Vials, Per Pods and Sterling Scales we need for Soul, Pet and Heart Upgrades

-Gold we need to Upgrade the Mythical Stages on Soul, Heart, Pet and Talisman

-Gold we need to fuse our Insignias (Super Expensive)

-Gold we need for literally EVERYTHING, fusing psyches on Gear pieces, fusing Grand psyches, crafting Gems, buying needed Materials to Upgrade, even unity fusing in lower Stages, nothing is for free, everything costs gold.

Letting Mythical Accessoires aside, yet alone what i described above is MORE then enough gold needed. 

So now what to do? As Gold beeing a generall Problem and Not only a Problem on Mythical Accessoires its the best step to increase the Servers goldincome. 

Taking a Look into deamonsbane Mythical Accessoires in Special, how about reducing the amount of Synthesis Stones needed to try to Upgrade on the Same amount the Korea Server has? 

If someone is into it and addicted to do His daily Farm he is able to aquire a good amount of Synthesis Stones over time, reducing the amount we need of Them to Upgrade will already be a good step into balancing Things Out. Please Note that this consideration is only about Mythical Accessoires, the General Problem of the to low gold income persists.

1 hour ago, Cupidstar said:

You can just say to use the Transmute to get my crappy Mystic Radiance Stones into Prized Radiance Stones, which cost (25 Ethereal Vials * 200 gold) + 250 gold = 5250 gold.

But guess what? YOU CAN'T USE THOSE STONES!

That transmute is for rerolling the stats on your AWAKENED Mythical stones. It works properly. Prized Radiance Stone box gives an Awakened Mythical stone (highest tier), so you use that same type of stone + 25 vials to get a box back (so new rng stat chance)

30 minutes ago, mesmer said:

If someone is into it and addicted to do His daily Farm he is able to aquire a good amount of Synthesis Stones over time, reducing the amount we need of Them to Upgrade will already be a good step into balancing Things Out.

This won't help. The chances to upgrade the gear with Synthesis Stones are REALLY bad...

On this link: https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en-us/news/article/7160/soul-resurgence-patch-notes [webarchive].

You have the following tables:

Upgrades with Fusion Stones:

dj8MGSD.png

Upgrades with Synthesis Stones:

TZ0C4nU.png

You can see how abysmally horrible the rates are after Stage 6.

15% chance with Fusion Stones and 20% with Synthesis Stones.

The average 5% increase in Synthesis Stones' probability to upgrade won't significantly improve the gold issue.

3 minutes ago, Shiro said:

That transmute is for rerolling the stats on your AWAKENED Mythical stones. It works properly. Prized Radiance Stone box gives an Awakened Mythical stone (highest tier), so you use that same type of stone + 25 vials to get a box back (so new rng stat chance)

That's not what it says ingame (see screenshot above).

Also, there's no information on how to make those "Awakened" Mystical stones.

Edited by Cupidstar

38 minutes ago, mesmer said:

Taking a Look into deamonsbane Mythical Accessoires in Special, how about reducing the amount of Synthesis Stones needed to try to Upgrade on the Same amount the Korea Server has? 

If someone is into it and addicted to do His daily Farm he is able to aquire a good amount of Synthesis Stones over time, reducing the amount we need of Them to Upgrade will already be a good step into balancing Things Out. Please Note that this consideration is only about Mythical Accessoires, the General Problem of the to low gold income persists.

Yeah, I'm 100% sure the KR devs don't know we need 20 times more synthesis stones than them to upgrade mythical gear. Anyone able to look at how many they've put in the cash shop or the event tabs since their release will surely reach the same conclusion.

9 minutes ago, Shadowfury said:

Yeah, I'm 100% sure the KR devs don't know we need 20 times more synthesis stones than them to upgrade mythical gear. Anyone able to look at how many they've put in the cash shop or the event tabs since their release will surely reach the same conclusion.

Yes, fixing it would help A LOT.

But doesn't fix the huge gold deficit.

We need more gold and lower gold costs.