Most enjoyable lyn class?

Mauya

Helloooo

I've been wanting to make a lyn character since I only have jin/yun and I have a jin warlock so out of the other 3 lyn classes, which is generally more enjoyable to play? We can also talk about all 4 if you guys want to discuss~

I know it also depends on your preferred play style but I wanted to see some opinions from the community.

personally would recommend bd

i found summoner horridly boring to play, i couldn't bring myself to even get past level 38 when i had one.

you already have warlock.

FM is pretty fun too so tht's also an option.

BD is pretty fun due to the fast paced nature and mobility. 

though overall i don't main a lyn so maybe im not the best source of advice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I main a Lyn summoner. It makes the game easier to play, since you can borrow HP from your cat whenever you need it.

Summoner is pretty fun if you prefer dodging, or are used to being a support class. Since the player by themselves won't really be able to defeat much without the cat, the players main goal is to quickly weave their way past enemies and attacks while the cat does most of the DPS/acts as a tank when needed.

Cat DPS? You're joking right?

But anyway, I main summoner myself, but not sure if I'd recommend it if you already have a warlock. I kinda disliked warlock because I was used to the pet, so maybe it's similar for you. Perhaps not, but hey.

BD is pretty nice too. Tried it, finished story with it. And also a Lyn-only class, so if you're set on Lyn you may want to try that out.

2 hours ago, 839769_1452550106 said:

while the cat does most of the DPS

Wait what? If your cat does even slightly more dmg than you you're doing something wrong, very very wrong.

I can recommend Blade Dancer or FM, but FM only if you are into ranged pew pew pew classes.

I used to main summoner when I started this game, but it got boring very easily (also because it's like playing in a permanent easy mode) and the same goes for FM. But since you play WL you can give FM a try.

For me, the game is more enjoyable with a medium degree of difficulty; I neither like really easy nor really tedious characters. In that regard, I consider the difficulty between all available Lyn classes to scale like this (from most to least easiness): SM -> FM/WL -> BD. 

Also, lol @ cat dps.

On 9/3/2017 at 6:41 PM, Plushtrap said:

Wait what? If your cat does even slightly more dmg than you you're doing something wrong, very very wrong.

I can recommend Blade Dancer or FM, but FM only if you are into ranged pew pew pew classes.

I used to main summoner when I started this game, but it got boring very easily (also because it's like playing in a permanent easy mode) and the same goes for FM. But since you play WL you can give FM a try.

Ah jeez, I didn't mean to leave dps written. Originally I wrote that line in the opposite (cat tanks while lyn dodges + doing most of the dps) but forgot to remove that dps bit. This is what happens when I run on only a few hours of sleep :')

Summoner.

Who cares about boss rotation when the cat tanks for you most of the time?

Who needs to deal with trash mobs when you can just pitch the cat to the fray, run through the distracted mobs and have nothing follows you to the end of the map?

Who needs to deal with zillion kinds of procs and rotations?

Who needs to waste time rezzing dead comrades and sacrifice DPS, when the cat can do that better than everyone?

Who can heal the whole party within 50 meter radius with a single button, and mass rez aside Summoner and Soul Fighter?

Who is one of most helpful classes for a raid that can help your party negate nasty DoT damage?

Summoner - True  class for players who like it simple but effective.

Unfortunately:

1) I am not into bestiality, especially the rodent variety. I don't want to watch a mutated cartoon rat for several hours a day. 

Preach it dark falz, i'm gagging over here...,ughh 

2) I am not into little kids. IMO pedo's are the most disgusting thing that walks this earth. not watching some little kid's caboose for hours a day,  ughh

3) I'm not gay even tho I have great friends who are, but I don't want to spend hours a day looking at their hawt tushies heh ( they are actually a riot, but different topic and gay dudes should run the world IMO). so I don't really want a dude to watch either.

4) If I am to watch something run around for several hours a day, howabout a pretty girl?  my toon is pretty, not something slutty resembling a well used blowup doll

5) why cant the pretty girls be all the classes?   kind of stuck with FM.

I think playing one the classes unique to the Lyn race would be better, you can play Force Master or Warlock on other races.  I also play Warlock as a Jin races, and my Force Master is a Lyn too.   I also play Summoner and Blade Dancer.  I think it depends of your playstyle.  Personally I love pet classes and to play at range, so I love to play Summoner... and I LOVE cats.   Blade Dancer is a melee class that combines Blade Master and Force Master so if you prefer playing with some magic and melee/tank skills at melee range you will enjoy it.  I love to play casters in games and MMOs and I was surprised to see how many casters are in this game: Summoner, Force Master, Warlock, Blade Dancer, etc., which I'm playing.

59 minutes ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

Unfortunately:

1) I am not into bestiality, especially the rodent variety. I don't want to watch a mutated cartoon rat for several hours a day. 

Preach it dark falz, i'm gagging over here...,ughh 

2) I am not into little kids. IMO pedo's are the most disgusting thing that walks this earth. not watching some little kid's caboose for hours a day,  ughh

3) I'm not gay even tho I have great friends who are, but I don't want to spend hours a day looking at their hawt tushies heh ( they are actually a riot, but different topic and gay dudes should run the world IMO). so I don't really want a dude to watch either.

4) If I am to watch something run around for several hours a day, howabout a pretty girl?  my toon is pretty, not something slutty resembling a well used blowup doll

5) why cant the pretty girls be all the classes?   kind of stuck with FM.

Although I'm not a great fan of lyns, in particular because it's so damn hard to find good costumes for them not to talk about head accessories glitching with ears, I must disagree with you on every point.

You don't have to be a pedo, a gay or a furry to like lyns as race - they're cute, as girl I find em cute, but you can appreciate cuteness even as a male I bet, if you manage to make em cute and not creepy and that requires quite a bit of effort, also they have good race-locked classes.

Also, beside BD and Summ, you can have "pretty girls" basically on every class - warlock, KFM, BM, SF, Sin etc.

So what's the problem?

13 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Summoner.

Who cares about boss rotation when the cat tanks for you most of the time?

Who needs to deal with trash mobs when you can just pitch the cat to the fray, run through the distracted mobs and have nothing follows you to the end of the map?

Who needs to deal with zillion kinds of procs and rotations?

Who needs to waste time rezzing dead comrades and sacrifice DPS, when the cat can do that better than everyone?

Who can heal the whole party within 50 meter radius with a single button, and mass rez aside Summoner and Soul Fighter?

Who is one of most helpful classes for a raid that can help your party negate nasty DoT damage?

Summoner - True  class for players who like it simple but effective.

well said....  

As most of the opinions said before I would recomend BD, its my main class and I can tell its really fun, I also play every class except for destroyer (Havent buyed the extra slot yet XD) this was the long story short.

BD - High movility lots of damage, great crowd control if you are used to play only ranged classes it could be a bit hard at start since DB has to be stickd to the target to hit range of most skills is 3mts except in wind where you have a bit more range but at lower levels wind wont do as much damage as Lightning but still is reaaly fun to play. Pay atention to the rotations and the time of the buffs (Electric surge) for every skill to get the most from them, again ill say its a realy fun to play class.

SUM - Relax and  see how your cat gets all the damage and you DPS :v... It could be cuz Im used and preffer meele classes but this one gets me a bit bored in a short time, aside from that is a very nice class, you can learn to use it pretty fast, if you like to play in party most of the time its a great support and great for mechs since most of the time is out of the bosses range you can take your time to do mechs without worryes XD.

FM - High damage, I like to play with my FM more than with Summ, you are usefull as a good DPS on almost any Party but its not a must have for every dung, the party shield is a nice utility, and aside from daze you get double ccs.

Thats pretty much about the 3 and I hope its usefull for you.

I prefer blade dancer because I like melee classes... That said, I adore the cute little critters so I have adapted to liking ranged classes too. Never thought that would be the case when I started playing this game~

It mostly depends on your playstyle which class you'd prefer, if you like melee, not much of an option, blade dancer, if you like being supportive, summoner (as you already have WL). If you want a class that do well even without hongmoon skills and gear, force master.

BD have pretty good DPS as lightning without the requirement of having HM skills and gear just makes it even stronger. require animation canceling. Wind isn't as punishing for the ani canceling, but they require more HM skills and gear to reach their potential.

Summoner need HM lmb, but that is fairly easy to get now that all the materials are accountbound. If you don't want to manage focus, go Earth, with decent crit, it should be near impossible to get chi starved as HM lmb gives back 3 focus on crit. I personally prefer Earth, but I can see the attraction to Wind, especially if you don't have HM lmb, You also have the no-lmb build on wind. Your cat can taunt to tank, but it might mess up peoples rotations when it ends, or it might mess up some boss mechanics.

FM does not really require anything to be decently strong, just follow your rotation and the DPS should be good. They can also use a very strong party i-frame to save the party from wiping.

An interesting thing about all three, is that chilling flame elixir doesn't benefit any of them that much, BD get's their PvP sunder (by a mistake in coding, but KR doesn't care to fix it), While it isn't especially bad having defense parry pen, it won't improve your damage at all. Summoner gets their cats CC buffed (also have a damage ability buffed, but it's weak since cat doesn't benefit from your AP). And FM lowers the CD of dual dragons on crit (unless you use dragonchar where it recovers focus on crit)  for fire or decrease the focus cost during cold snap on ice.

Finally, I'd recommend either BD or Sum, since FM can be other races. Not everyone likes the Lyn race, if you turn out to be one of those people, it's better for your sanity if the class is a Lyn only.

• 4 months later...

Well Personally i prefer to choose bd lyn bc of the fact its straightt up fun right from the getgo i dont suggest going alone however as it is the beginning and your farly weak if you do the side quests you will get stronger but this applies with all classes and you probs alreaqdy know that the best part is being tiny ,cute and having a tail! well btw i really do suggest bd lyn and im glad i could help :D

• 7 months later...

When you get the hang of it the summoner is pretty fun especially for playing PvE. I mean who wouldn't want a cute (And also quite deadly) kitty to go adventuring with. But due to the lack of escape skills, it's a pretty difficult class to play when climbing the PvP ladder.:scaryface:

3 hours ago, Jinxsenpai said:

When you get the hang of it the summoner is pretty fun especially for playing PvE. I mean who wouldn't want a cute (And also quite deadly) kitty to go adventuring with. But due to the lack of escape skills, it's a pretty difficult class to play when climbing the PvP ladder.:scaryface:

Yeah for sure, when summoner just need to press 2 and hit 200-425k on 6v6, hard to climb lmao

Archived