Reallow players to fuse soulshields without the use of primers

DrowningEarth

While good and not-so-good things have happened in the last few updates, this one really jumped the shark.

For one, primers are fairly expensive for new players. Players using soul shields as placeholders until they get BIS are also discouraged from wasting primers on their temporary shields. Nobody's going to blow a 3-4G primer 8x on some POS scorpion shields while they're gathering yeti/sparring/asura/etc - unless they're desperate or have too much gold.

What's the result? People not fusing their shields and coming into dungeons with a sub 30% crit rate. It's bad enough that we have people thinking that AP is everything.

Please consider reverting this change, or at least increasing the primer yield from crafting (as someone with two level 4 warden alts, the drop in prices would not bother me)

This was such a stupid change. I dont really feel like gearing my alt since i need to pay that much for 8 crappy primers.

Normaly i would just get full yeti when i get to 50 and fuse it with the  field boss crit soulshields from that snowy area. but now i am just stuck with low crit cause those primers cost so much. Even the one in auction house  are expensive.

Seriously why the hell would you do this?!?!

+ when you finaly get end shields,i just fused it with naksun 8 and that was it. Now this stupid Primers. seriously retarded.

Not gonna defend this change, because well it was in poor judgement.

However if we are stuck with it.

The cheapo Primers from Vendors need to be 1-2g, not 5.

The base crafted primers are better and far cheaper to make. Sell for 3-4g on the Market.

But as OP said 3-4g x8 is way to much for a set of shields that are only going to be used a short time

Time to craft Primers needs greatly reduced 8 hours 1 green primer. If many players don't switch to Soulwarden or make a Soulwarden alt. Its going to severely bottleneck availability. Which means market manipulators will use them to inflate the prices, making them even farther out of reach for many players.

Edit: My main is a Soulwarden, so it is nothing but net for me. But I see it how it could get way out of control.

Only nice thing about this is some people get to make money but seriously in general it was stupid change. I don't know did anyone actually request this or did they try to make things harder for people. Primers for high lvl dungeon pieces like asura/be ido, citadel/tomb makes sense but others I don't really see the point at all.

i hate this update.

before the change, i already got few drops ss to use as fusion for my future ss, got too many powders to play with RNG and also wont use soulstone when fusing. but suddenly cant use them anymore.

ok, crafted primers mostly got higher stats than those drop ss. but using those crafted primers also give RNG stats, sometimes equal to drops ss. add also they need soulstone in fusing.

someone here before said crafted primers are actually cheap when you craft it than buy. ugh... yeah, cheaper if have the skill and materials, add also the time needed to make one.. but practically, it still make a big hole in pocket for merely RNG stats in short time usage.

also remember that ss stats are also random, are you willing to spend at least 2g for bad ss stats (no/low crit, low hp, unnecessary 2nd/3rd stats) as temporary ss?

im not hardcore gold farmer or richfug CC warrior, im only an average player. i cant spend that much for a soulshield that i soon to discard.

I was saving all the good crit SS for fusing in my EC set and now i can salvage everything... and the prices are ridiculous... even if i craft them for myself, from greens i get what max +180 crit? when i could max out my SS almost free with high crit 8 shields before (yeah i could craft blues or even masterones, but they are just pricey). The best thing is that this change wasnt introduced a few days before the patch but literally on the day of the patch...wtf?

ye, i had saved ~40 max crit Naksun/Twisted/Oblivion pizza slices for future use. Fusion powder, yay. Just yday i switched from maxed prospectors union + forgekeeper to soul wardens + tree fellers, even tho i have these on my main already. rip other proffesions (besides radiant ring, at least till hm diamond)

In keeping with trying to make it all about money publisher of mmo miss the point of gaming. The gamer needs to be having fun to keep spending. There is no fun in waiting 8 hours for a primer. There is no fun in farming the items to create them. Crafting died for me. I'd rather just make some gold from dailies and buy from market (which relies on someone who isnt tired of the largely unrewarding crafting system, thanks alot).

Super expensive to fuse, and not even guaranteed 80-100% of max fuse value.

Even craft also expensive. I already have soul warden and it's really cost big.

Legendary pet, weapon, and acc already massive gold cost, now normal player need to catch the expensiveness of fusing.

this is stupid,if they want to make us use crafted ones then make it not RNG,or give better benefits for using crafted ones BUT don't take away the normal green ones .

1st the moonstones in SSP and now this?? stop bullying the poor players already =_=

Really you guys are just incredibly needy. Just like everything else that NCSoft catered for you, and you still want more.

You realize that the endgame Ebondrake Piece 8, along with other future endgame shields, is actually better than crafted blue? Why rely on Soul Warden then? It would put them out of business and make them one of the most useless and unprofitable professions until they can get all the mats for a Transformation Stone, except what gold is going in their pocket on those long days of farming and no crafting in between?

40 dailies give like what, 50 gold, and green primers cost like 2.5g? That's practically 100 primers to buy from.

yeah this change was really silly. I feel that it puts newer players that much farther behind since they already have to grind for so much gold for gear to catch up (and yes i know its less than we had to get but still) and now they have to farm gold for buying primers. I've also noticed items like fusion powder is now worthless to sale (was fairly cheap to begin with now it doesn't even sale).

I could understand it if they changed the way/time it takes to craft the crafted primers but since they didn't its really silly and annoying. Your just going to see more and more players with basic soul shields. 

5 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Really you guys are just incredibly needy. Just like everything else that NCSoft catered for you, and you still want more.

You realize that the endgame Ebondrake Piece 8, along with other future endgame shields, is actually better than crafted blue? Why rely on Soul Warden then? It would put them out of business and make them one of the most useless and unprofitable professions until they can get all the mats for a Transformation Stone, except what gold is going in their pocket on those long days of farming and no crafting in between?

40 dailies give like what, 50 gold, and green primers cost like 2.5g? That's practically 100 primers to buy from.

Huh, asking them to revert it to how it worked previously is being needy?

Also, your math is off. 50 gold only gives you 20 primers at 2.5G. Second, crit primers for PVE generally go for 3.5-4G.

You know what, crafting is already useless for most professions, so your complaint is moot. Acquired Taste and Earthseers can't make anything worth a damn other than the purification jar components. Silver Cauldron, only silverfrost antidotes, and margins are still very low.  Radiant Ring is about as profitable as making premium stones. Forgekeepers, let's not talk about that one.

My characters are fine, I already got high fuse values prior to the patch.

But every time someone whines about some undergeared noob coming into their LFP/F8 with unfused shields, know that this change is responsible for a good number of those incidents.

3 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

But every time someone whines about some undergeared noob coming into their LFP/F8 with unfused shields, know that this change is responsible for a good number of those incidents.

If they gave me soulstones and feathers I would be more than happy to craft it for them (if they're from my server group).

Archived