BnS NA vs TW...

YoshimuraX

Hi everyone!

I've recently switched from NA to Taiwan BnS server and am loving it there. Would like to send an invitation to all new players or existing players that might want to try it out. Main differences I find between NA and TW:

1) Friendly for new players (they basically give u all the upgrades via survey rewards from start to Profane)

2) No need to cry about moonstones, its easily farmed there via Floating Island (kill birds and dragons)

3) Ping is obviously better for SEA players, I'm from Singapore and get a ping of about 52 with WTFast, and 66 without any ping boosters.

4) Less toxic community

5) Unable to check other player's gear (thus no AP requirements in dungeons, just press the LFP button). Higher dungeons are all about mechanics else party wipes.

6) Bots are aplenty in TW but they just do their own thing, they dont spam chats nor spam friend requests.

7) If you want to buy gold, it is much cheaper, average $60 for about 5k gold.

8) Free players get free wardrobe (F3)

9) VIP players get 600 points everyday as long as you login for 5 hours, these are used to buy costumes, trove keys, etc...

10) None of that double boss HP BS, PVE shouldnt take forever to complete, also with upgrades in NA being so costly, it is really difficult for new players to farm content when bosses enrage all the time and they not having enough AP to finish the content.

The only downside I guess would be that the legendary paths for Dragon Tiger (not available in NA), is very P2W, but if you are going Baleful/Seraph paths its totally farmable.

Other than that I think its been a totally enjoyable time playing in TW as compared to NA, as the servers there are very populated, and it is really easy to get into dungeons for farms. Exp there seems to be more as well. Playing since NA launch till I quit (about 6months) I only got to around HM7, but now in TW i'm already HM10, and thats with just about 3 months of playing.

There are english patches from Emperial.sg and Izanami if you require them.

Do feel free to give me a holla (YoshimuraX on  萬夫莫敵 server) if you come on, I can try to help u guys out with some AP gems etc...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great if my ping wasn't 200+ overseas. Makes the game totally not fun for me.

But I don't think I'd move anyway, got way too many friends on NA already and most of us came from BnS China and Japan and quit there. (Due to high ping)

I can see how Taiwan's servers is the best option for someone from SEA, and tbh I am not sure why you were not playing there from the start, particularly if you have some Mandarin. But for the folks coming of NA at least, it makes no sense to switch servers.

They will either eventually make the game less obtuse here, or we move on. Starting over after a few months of playing here, building up a bit of a legacy etc just to get a True Profane from surveys is not worth it. Plus, with the time zones as they are, basically it will be a reverse of day-night for NA with Taiwan. 

Interesting, that seems to be consistent with other descriptions of BNS TW. Obviously the major barrier preventing more people from going is ping/language related, especially for people actually in NA/EU.

NCWest could probably have used some hints from that, but the game's well beyond any hope of rescue as it is now.

1 hour ago, DrowningEarth said:

NCWest could probably have used some hints from that, but the game's well beyond any hope of rescue as it is now.

Really? I felt that the Daily Challenge on Steroids made the game instantly playable. Well, for me that is. Add shared storage on top of it, make accessories account-bound, expand the Battlegrounds variety, make a Story Mode of all the dungeons after Yeti, and I'll happily play it to try out all classes which will take a couple of years. 

10 hours ago, YoshimuraX said:

Hi everyone!

I've recently switched from NA to Taiwan BnS server and am loving it there. Would like to send an invitation to all new players or existing players that might want to try it out. Main differences I find between NA and TW:

1) Friendly for new players (they basically give u all the upgrades via survey rewards from start to Profane)

2) No need to cry about moonstones, its easily farmed there via Floating Island (kill birds and dragons)

3) Ping is obviously better for SEA players, I'm from Singapore and get a ping of about 52 with WTFast, and 66 without any ping boosters.

4) Less toxic community

5) Unable to check other player's gear (thus no AP requirements in dungeons, just press the LFP button). Higher dungeons are all about mechanics else party wipes.

6) Bots are aplenty in TW but they just do their own thing, they dont spam chats nor spam friend requests.

7) If you want to buy gold, it is much cheaper, average $60 for about 5k gold.

8) Free players get free wardrobe (F3)

9) VIP players get 600 points everyday as long as you login for 5 hours, these are used to buy costumes, trove keys, etc...

10) None of that double boss HP BS, PVE shouldnt take forever to complete, also with upgrades in NA being so costly, it is really difficult for new players to farm content when bosses enrage all the time and they not having enough AP to finish the content.

The only downside I guess would be that the legendary paths for Dragon Tiger (not available in NA), is very P2W, but if you are going Baleful/Seraph paths its totally farmable.

Other than that I think its been a totally enjoyable time playing in TW as compared to NA, as the servers there are very populated, and it is really easy to get into dungeons for farms. Exp there seems to be more as well. Playing since NA launch till I quit (about 6months) I only got to around HM7, but now in TW i'm already HM10, and thats with just about 3 months of playing.

There are english patches from Emperial.sg and Izanami if you require them.

Do feel free to give me a holla (YoshimuraX on  萬夫莫敵 server) if you come on, I can try to help u guys out with some AP gems etc...

Yeah I can tell that you were there, I played in TW servers to begin with, just the problem was my ping, even boosters doesn't help which was for me about 200-350ms from eastern europe. All in all I had much better experience than in here so far. Including this corallite event which i wasted my last gold to just fail about 250 times, gj ncsoft.

2 hours ago, QRob said:

we dont even fill the one we have...

for a variety of good reasons, of course. But with the inane repetitiveness and lack of soul in the end-game, getting a bit of variety in PvP could perhaps help. I can only speak from my own experience, but I find group PvP matches more repayable because of the dynamics of the parties than the dungeons. 

almost everything that OP mentioned are true. but errr... there are some things slightly sugarcoated.

the thing that caught my attention is about the gold buying. TW dont sell gold, but bots do sell. lel!

if the gold buying that OP meant is the box package that currently at cash shop, it's limited time only that is meant for the treasure trove event and the package is RNG based.

as for SEA players that still insist playing NA server, i asked few of them in-game why they dont want to transfer to nearer region (TW, JP or CN). the answer i always get is "i already spend too much time/money" and "i dont understand their language."

i saw most of them cant even time properly when to use their skills and CC coz of their delay, which i made as one example that they should go to region that gives them better ping, but they still insist those 2 excuses.

and i find it funny coz most of them havent even made a "name" or group of friends at NA. so... what are they really trying to prove there?

9 hours ago, Windy said:

Tell us how to get there !

http://emperial.sg/blade-soul-taiwan-english-guide/

You can follow the guide above, how to get started in TW.

8 hours ago, Solidarius said:

sounds to good to be true, in that case i think its a scam. 

also if the servers there are very populated, woudent you want less people and not more? and why would you recruit people if the servers are "very populated" 

Populated servers speak of the success of the NC TW team in retaining customers. If you didnt already notice the 101 "rage quit" threads that NA has.

5 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

Interesting, that seems to be consistent with other descriptions of BNS TW. Obviously the major barrier preventing more people from going is ping/language related, especially for people actually in NA/EU.

Well, there is a rather huge population of English speaking players from NA in my server, you wouldn't really feel lost at all...

To add on to what OP have mention, BnS TW are more generous to the players base. Premium and F2P players sometimes can get free chests from the HM store that last from few weeks to a month, redeeming a certain amount of boxes weekly allows you to claim for more free stuff from their website.

In NA if you buy 100 trove keys that is all you get, in TW you buy a 100 keys, they give you 20 free. This is the same for pet pouch, random boxes, etc, you get extra for the bundle that you bought.

Daily dash with premium give 5 spin at 30m interval while f2p get 2-3 spins, completing a round gives you a chest that contains some items. There are also bonus spot on the daily dash that can double your rewards, complete a round, etc. The recent daily dash gives you the cat ears for completing a round and a new costume for completing 4 rounds.

We still have 90 and 30 days premium in Ncoins store, each premium comes with different items, and the 90 days gives you a costume in additional to other items. At the moment the old 90 days premium have been remove, I am guessing it will come back soon with a different costume.

Some might say that NA/EU market is different than TW but the above are simple things that they can do to keep player base happy, it's just some free stuff, a bit of extra when spending Ncoins, but it's something that can go a long way when done right.

For SEA players I would say give BnS TW a try and see how it goes, my whole clan from Poharan move over to TW, and all of us have spend a lot of time and money on NA. But in the end we felt that in the long run it would be better for us to move to TW and start over. We are really enjoying our time there, more than when we were playing in NA.

A friend I had from SEA told me right away that he was not going to play BnS with NA ping. I hope Taiwan is going to work as a SEA server because with the lags and skill delays it is just not fun, particularly for the folks who are quite good. 

35 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

A friend I had from SEA told me right away that he was not going to play BnS with NA ping. I hope Taiwan is going to work as a SEA server because with the lags and skill delays it is just not fun, particularly for the folks who are quite good. 

Definitely give TW a try if you are in the SEA region... the ping difference vs playing in NA is very noticable. Also not to mention that its totally viable to start free and play for a month or 2 and giving it a try.

Just by doing dailies and some farming runs after reaching level 50 you should get close to where u are or even supass your gear in NA in just about 2 months.

1.  i ddnt had hard time reaching this stage(profane)cricket* even tho 24man is not active unlike before still pass siren~pirate stages coz of events ..*cricket*

2. TW release first than NA....

3. it is nice, for regions close to it,.. sea player (pve), got 50~70 ms Tw , while 100~120 on NA for pve i feel i dont need it.

4.  ok well talk it below

5.  coz at TW they didnt buff bosses..

6. ok this one is lie.. hav sg friends ask them and they hav those problems.

7. cricket gold buyers..

8 .good thing

9. +++ greediness (but i like it)

10. yup its easy i feel like playing private server lol..

11. u said it P2W... WEAPONS!!!!! 

~~ Because its not eng server ,, eng players are LIMITED few. mostly u will feel like playing on console (solo) surely eng community will stick together coz they are LIMITED ~~ofcourse less toxic you dont want to be hated by LIMITED players and left you on dungeon runs,activities,farm..

~~ Decent population not VERY~ lie

(conclusion - first couple of days u will have fun but if u get to the point where u need to farm you will surely feel this,, coz of language difference you will play/talk to same players over,over and over and over again,,, if ur doing pug/solo mostly u will be silent coz u cant understand anything*boring*,, much faster to lose motivation to play.. u will feel isolated..LIMITED clans to join.

~~ how hard u try how hard ur grindfest.. you still cant get what others can,. if u think atm N.A is P2w, then try T.W ( LOL ) there are things u can only get with "REAL MONEY"

i already spend too much time/money ~This TW players came here to recruit they badly need it theyre so bored talking to same players everyday, they getting fewer members on their little eng. community, little community means few FARMmates.. 

P.S im not a white knight defending NA server im just stating the facts that they dont mention on this ad,,

(im not good at english)

27 minutes ago, MutchiXmutchi said:

1.  i ddnt had hard time reaching this stage(profane)cricket* even tho 24man is not active unlike before still pass siren~pirate stages coz of events ..*cricket*

2. TW release first than NA....

3. it is nice, for regions close to it,.. sea player (pve), got 50~70 ms Tw , while 100~120 on NA for pve i feel i dont need it.

4.  ok well talk it below

5.  coz at TW they didnt buff bosses..

6. ok this one is lie.. hav sg friends ask them and they hav those problems.

7. cricket gold buyers..

8 .good thing

9. +++ greediness (but i like it)

10. yup its easy i feel like playing private server lol..

11. u said it P2W... WEAPONS!!!!! 

~~ Because its not eng server ,, eng players are LIMITED few. mostly u will feel like playing on console (solo) surely eng community will stick together coz they are LIMITED ~~ofcourse less toxic you dont want to be hated by LIMITED players and left you on dungeon runs,activities,farm..

~~ Decent population not VERY~ lie

(conclusion - first couple of days u will have fun but if u get to the point where u need to farm you will surely feel this,, coz of language difference you will play/talk to same players over,over and over and over again,,, if ur doing pug/solo mostly u will be silent coz u cant understand anything*boring*,, much faster to lose motivation to play.. u will feel isolated..LIMITED clans to join.

~~ how hard u try how hard ur grindfest.. you still cant get what others can,. if u think atm N.A is P2w, then try T.W ( LOL ) there are things u can only get with "REAL MONEY"

i already spend too much time/money ~This TW players came here to recruit they badly need it theyre so bored talking to same players everyday, they getting fewer members on their little eng. community, little community means few FARMmates.. 

P.S im not a white knight defending NA server im just stating the facts that they dont mention on this ad,,

(im not good at english)

Actually you're never short of finding English speaking players on a lot of the TW servers and the server OP mentioned is very populated by English speaking players. 

Ever thought that OP just loves this game and wanted to share their TW experience for other people who love the game and want to enjoy it without having to put up with NCWests joke version? 

And you're right, TW is almost 2 years old and that is a reason why things are handed to you in surveys so how sad is it that BnS NA/EU in a quarter of that lifespan already needs survey handouts because below silverfrost is practically dead?

NCWest needs to look at the TW model and get it right before they have a dead game. 

i feel appreciated supporting a F2P game on TW and I'm always excited for the next event. I cannot say the same about BnS NA/EU.

Hi YoshimuraX I used to play at Tw server and I agree with what you said. One thing I like about NA server is that there are many new players so I can play at my own pace, at taiwan it often becomes a race to level and gear.
But I am starting to miss the ping there.

If I create a new melee character there and wanna join you guys would you mind? I am a very slow player. Also which melee class your team lack? So that I can feel more useful lol.

before coming here ddnt u think im not updated or aware of current state on tw?..  i hav irl friend still playing on tw ( i already spend too much time/money  ) yah right some few players are coming back but!! (mostly it was SG players or alts) when N/A bns was realeased the eng speaking players went down and they feel the impact of it...

i aggree with u on some aspects on bad handling of the game from NA server but there still room for improvements now atleast they listening..

i didnt say TW is bad server dont go there actually the handler of it is better than NA (excluded more P2W) ur choice u could try it better ping for sea player ,

just telling cons and pros of every server ,, showing the bad and good side /both  not just the beutiful things..

if only i was new player ddnt play or dont know whats going on i will surely try it out..  ~sweet words networking strategy ~  the 2nd sentence i feel like some kind commercial or something ~joke

~Ever thought that OP just loves this game and wanted to share their TW experience for other people who love the game and want to enjoy it without having to put up with NCWests joke version? 

~i feel appreciated supporting a F2P game on TW and I'm always excited for the next event. I cannot say the same about BnS NA/EU.

Archived