why are ap elitists a thing lmao

chocofernia

Just now, WhiteTrash said:

All of there frustration is brought onto themselves cause they won't work with each other they won't join the low ap parties they leave the LFP groups unless there is carry in it 

I should feel sorry for people that won't help themselves?

That's like saying I should give a bum my hard earned money cause he is too lazy to get a job and stands on the corner all day holding a sign the probloms with that is he probably makes more money doing that then I do working 50 hours a week 

Just like the low ap people why should they put in effort when someone else will for them 

Yeah those people annoy me as well, but I'm talking about the people with low ap that DO want to run the dungeon with people of their own level. They can't find a party because OTHER people keep leaving expecting to be carried and people in the recruitment channel only recruits high geared players. Like I said, making an own party with 400+ ap requirement takes ages.

A good solution would be for them to join a clan, but clans have ap requirements as well so that is out of the question unless someone wants to create a clan specialized in helping new players. I'm not saying that you should carry them, I don't do that either unless I feel like it.. but the people who are trying their best to gear up are kind of screwed over because of these problems. (especially when they don't have a lot of time.)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Natello said:

Yeah those people annoy me as well, but I'm talking about the people with low ap that DO want to run the dungeon with people of their own level. They can't find a party because OTHER people keep leaving expecting to be carried and people in the recruitment channel only recruits high geared players. Like I said, making an own party with 400+ ap requirement takes ages.

A good solution would be for them to join a clan, but clans have ap requirements as well so that is out of the question unless someone wants to create a clan specialized in helping new players. I'm not saying that you should carry them, I don't do that either unless I feel like it.. but the people who are trying their best to gear up are kind of screwed over because of these problems. (especially when they don't have a lot of time.)

There seems to be less and less of thr ones that try I've sat there for 20 min trying to form parties with my nub around its ap literally one person showed up 

So I plugged the den I needed found a group of people spanked the crap outta den and they asked me to stay for the few other dungs they needed ended up being like everything lol so I went with them they were nice people I had no complaints they played good and had good control and listened whrn there were strugles helped them do there stuff and they were having a convo about how they can never do nexus cause of ap I looked it was a mix of 450-550ish  people I was like hop to lobby and I'll BRB got on my main they were unaware of my main being 685 and joined them they were elated someone was willing to help them and trust them enough to run those are the people I don't mind helping cause they put in work 

18 hours ago, Natello said:

Not all clans do, but people don't want to bother looking.  Or they want to jock ride the biggest 80+ active hardcore clan they can find and expect them to not be looking for experienced geared players.

Soo much butthurt swipes in this post its unreal. ya'll really want to keep that stupid ap party requirement alive, ya'll do know its one of the reasons this game is dying right.

This mindset is the exact reason you are in here crying about something that is pointless.  "You have better gear than me omg P2W.  You have better gear than me omg why you no help me do dungeon I am too lazy to do myself?!? ZOMG SWIPLORD !!!111"  You have no valid argument and instead resort to hubris and insults.  t's laughable, does nothing to support the incredibly weak argument you are attempting to make, and honestly only makes you look silly.

If you spent half as much time farming as you do whining you'd have 700 ap.  

21 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

Elitists waste my time in PUG. Yesterday I was trying to run Shattered Masts 4 man, and we spent an hour trying to get a 3rd and 4th man to run. It would have been my first time actually completing the run, even though the last time I tried it I got disconnected on the final boss. Meaning that I still don't have the achievement to prove I know what I'm doing.

Not to forget to mention that some elitist jerk didn't even explain to me how to switch flowers. For all I knew, I could only take red or blue, no one told I can switch flower color (and hence target) by just stepping on the other flower. He just said "switch target". Of course I told that wasn't possible because of the obvious reasons (reflect damage), but rather than explaining to me he'd rather waste all our time by getting me to rage at the b@$t@rd.

Whatever, I don't like elitists. Never had, never will.

Elitists waste your time in a PUG ??? By your own admission you went into the PUG not knowing the mechanics of the dungeon.  Obviously you haven't even bothered to do the 6 man yet but you expect people to educate you through a 4 man.

I'm not an Elitist but I don't like people who enter dungeons with no prior knowledge and expect complete strangers to carry and educate them through it.  You are only valuable to a party in a dungeon if you have bothered to educate yourself on how the dungeon works. It was NOT the supposed elitist who was wasting peoples time it was you :D

1 hour ago, Cherish said:

Elitists waste your time in a PUG ??? By your own admission you went into the PUG not knowing the mechanics of the dungeon.  Obviously you haven't even bothered to do the 6 man yet but you expect people to educate you through a 4 man.

I'm not an Elitist but I don't like people who enter dungeons with no prior knowledge and expect complete strangers to carry and educate them through it.  You are only valuable to a party in a dungeon if you have bothered to educate yourself on how the dungeon works. It was NOT the supposed elitist who was wasting peoples time it was you :D

Allthough they are not obligated to teach you the mechanics, explaining it would take as much time as typing that the other person should die for being noob or explaining him that his autism makes him being bad at the game. As shocking as it is.. flaming people only makes them perform worse.

3 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Soo much butthurt swipes in this post its unreal. ya'll really want to keep that stupid ap party requirement alive, ya'll do know its one of the reasons this game is dying right.

You know that lazy low ap people that refuse to help each other  (stuff they should be running together at the same ap or close) and don't cause they want carried so they cry and cry and cry and quit cause they can't help themselves and want there hand held the whole time they play and bottle fed all there runs 

That's more of a issue then anything else 

Just saying 

Here's what happened to me and my clanny about 2 weeks ago.

We decided to run Asura4 with the 2 of us. So we went LFG on x-s.

The 2 of us are in the mid 600ap range, a KFM and FM (me), one WL in 590+ap and one Sin in low 600ap.

We only wiped once at Ken and Gen, only one tank and all, but we got through just fine 2nd try. Everything went ok, albeit not smoothly. The Sin keeps on dying at Lightning Iluka, blaming on lag and then we ran into 3 green knock down Shadows a few times. But we hurdle through that too. 

Until Asura. Dong Dong Dong. Guess what, that 600+ap Sin thought the belt will also prevent Asura's poison DoTs. We wiped several times, until WL finally ask why Sin never drink antidotes.  It was so ridiculous that I LOLed. Then the sin's weapon broke and with no field repair or able to escape back to x-s. The Sin just left. No words, NOTHING. My clanny was about to call it quits, but I asked for LFG, see we'll get lucky and get a competent replacement. We did, another WL, but knows what he/she is doing. And our times was not entirely wasted, because outfit Black Ice dropped.

Take whatever you like from this little 2-hrs of my life.

On 7/26/2016 at 1:27 PM, Unicorns said:

Sir, you have a wild imagination. Take off your tin fold hat, youll be fine. People running 600+ parties does not stop 550+ people from making their own parties, did you know that?
All the people calling out this "ap elitists" act like NO ONE ELSE BUT HIGH AP PPL can start groups.

This thread is so dumb i cant believe it got to 3 pages long. Just a bunch of low-ish ap people complaning they cant run dungeons with "the big boys", instead of making their own groups because they "need" the high dps. If you can "pull your own weight", then you dont need someone with 100-150 more ap than you to run with you, get people around your ap and should be good to go, if you cant pull it off, then you were just asking to get carried.

Oh WOW I didn't realize I could make my own party. Let me just create one and wait 10 minutes for people to come and join my 550+ 4 man mast.

1. Dailys  takes me an average of 6 hours to finish per toon.

2. I have 2 toons, which  makes it around 12 hours

3. i want to get through those dailys as fast as possible.

I will not stay in a group where I am the only hm9+, because i dont feel like tanking nor regressing.

4. Some bosses have a timer,  and me bymyself i cannot beat the timer with a couple of noobs being selfish enough to hold the rest of the group back. IE Yeti and coldstorage comes to mind.

Sometimes I can run with an hm1, when there are other higher ap people in group which would equal a 4man. That is fine, but when I am the only one with 500+ I will either leave group and requeue or form my own 500+ group to actually get the daily done.  As a former warcraft heroic raider, i know what works and what does not, and i can always tell if the group is gonna wipe by looking at their ap. It is not "elitist" it is called reality. 

finallly, blame ncsoft for making this game into a grindfest. grinding is not fun, endgame content is. I miss the wow days when i could reach the top tier gear and call it an expansion /relax for a few months until the next exac.  right now?  its all about grinding gold as FAST as possible to get your legendary or final weapon.

Dont blame us, blame the grindfest, which is where the real problem reside.

And if you cant understand that certain bosses ACTUALLY require high ap or DPS input to beat the 5 minute timer, then the problem is not us nor the system, it is you.

I choose NOT to regress, so deal with it. And I helped plenty of nublins already, so if i want my own 500+ groups and you cant get in because youre 420, then tough.  Crying about it wont help your situation.  Keep grinding the dungeons you currently are able to.

On 7/28/2016 at 6:19 AM, Cherish said:

Sorry but, the m@r@n couldn't even explain the mechanic to me properly. Leaving me to a trial by fire of which I had passed. How do I know he didn't even know the mechanic: If you can't teach something to someone, it means you yourself don't know it well enough.

On 7/28/2016 at 7:37 AM, Jyanna Sei said:

Allthough they are not obligated to teach you the mechanics, explaining it would take as much time as typing that the other person should die for being noob or explaining him that his autism makes him being bad at the game. As shocking as it is.. flaming people only makes them perform worse.

Someone who understands human psychology and has common sense. Thank you.

2 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

Sorry but, the m@r@n couldn't even explain the mechanic to me properly. Leaving me to a trial by fire of which I had passed. How do I know he didn't even know the mechanic: If you can't teach something to someone, it means you yourself don't know it well enough.

Someone who understands human psychology and has common sense. Thank you.

Your supposed Elitist told you what to do but you didn't know what he was saying because YOU had not educated yourself on the dungeon mechanics YOU did not know what he meant.  YOU cant blame someone else for being rude etc when you yourself didn't do anything to educate yourself. 

IF you are so keen on COMMON SENSE then maybe you should learn how common sense functions :D  Common sense would have told you to youtube a few dungeon videos and learn the mechanics.

Common sense would have told you that knowing the dungeon mechanics before you entered the dungeon would have given you a better chance at success.

Sad thing about common sense is that it rarely rears its head these days because people seem to think that it is somebody elses job to use it :D

How many times has you guys experience a fail run with low ap + inexperienced people compared to high ap + inexperienced people in a dungeon? I am not saying all high ap are experience but they at least put in effort/time to gear up and maybe with more knowledge ( do you think lowbie that doesn't put in any effort/time would? or do you trust they would? ) about dungeon mechanics.  You all know the reason why ap requirement has always been raising since level 45 cap because of the impression given by lowbie. This thread is nothing more then a kid crying on how he/she can't get a candy because it was placed too high to reach.

13 hours ago, Cherish said:

Your supposed Elitist told you what to do but you didn't know what he was saying because YOU had not educated yourself on the dungeon mechanics YOU did not know what he meant.  YOU cant blame someone else for being rude etc when you yourself didn't do anything to educate yourself. 

IF you are so keen on COMMON SENSE then maybe you should learn how common sense functions :D  Common sense would have told you to youtube a few dungeon videos and learn the mechanics.

Common sense would have told you that knowing the dungeon mechanics before you entered the dungeon would have given you a better chance at success.

Sad thing about common sense is that it rarely rears its head these days because people seem to think that it is somebody elses job to use it :D

Ironic considering I watched a video on how to run said dungeon before it even came out. Heck I watch videos on all the dungeons prior to them being released in game. Did it for Sogun's, for Nexus, and for Shattered Masts. The video didn't explain the widow fight very well though and hence I was confused, but understood the general idea of the fight. However when the problem raised, instead of clarifying the man proceeded to cuss me out instead of making himself useful. In the time he spent in his blind childish rage, he could have EASILY explained the pieces that were confusing me.

That is why he wasted my time, and why he was the one without common sense.

The ignorance in this thread, including the OP... I tl;dr'd the thread, but I have to agree that ap elitism is a problem. If you're pushing away lower geared players then the experienced people eventually get bored, because people move on, and the newer players get bored coz they aren't getting accepted for content that everyone else did when they were lower AP. In the end you merge several servers in order to remain active. Personally I was doing fine and came back today and upgraded to 499 ap just to finish act 4 we were meant to do earlier, but probably won't be continuing for a variety of reasons.

What's really sad is that the game will end up being less active and then people will move onto something else and repeat the exact same behaviour because they put personal success over the games and the community. Having your own custom groups is fine, but lets be honest, a large number of people take those AP requirements as word and makes autoqueue crappier. I've had people take the whole group hostage refusing to take part in just a moonwater dungeon when I was trying to gear up an alt with the release of the warlock. It was quite pathetic.

Back when we were newbies there were no high levels to come help us so we battled through the content to become those high levels.  Now you are saying that because we have done the work and died over and over to level and gear our characters its our duty to go back and help the newbies ????

Last night I spent an hour or two helping a lvl 44 run dungeons so they could get the valor stones to buy their Baotite weapon and I did it happily because the person asked me politely.  I am very happy to help people but I will NOT help people who think I OWE them a free ride because I am an *elitist high level*. 

IF new members to the game join F8 and see the 550+, 600+, 650+ etc requirements and get scared then they need to go back to gamer school and learn that to get up there YOU need to do the work not have others do it for you.

Well, I didn't meant to get a free ride. What I meant is new players need some chances to learn from those elite players on the mech rather than being turned down. We know that you've been thru the hard times to reach the elitist level, my respect for you, but why not just help out new player once or twice so that they could experienced the mech rather than being turned down by the AP requirement? Still, the AP requirement to join certain dungeon run for me is total bullshyt. 

Well, short words, the community is toxic enough.

I decided to yolo queue Naryu Lab today instead of finding a 550+ party. Time isn't as much of a problem on the weekends like it is through the week, so I decided I'll help some people out. Got 5 people below 425.  two of them wanted us to let them rotate the relics. I asked how much were they paying and they said 2 copper. So, let me get this straight, you want to get carried through the dungeon AND get cheap relics? I don't think so. So I was bidding on them so they got mad and left.  Typical low level aP, want carried and stuff for free.

7 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

actually those lo queue Naryu Lab today instead of finding a 550+ party. Time isn't as much of a problem on the weekends like it is through the week, so I decided I'll help some people out. Got 5 people below 425.  two of them wanted us to let them rotate the relics. I asked how much were they paying and they said 2 copper. So, let me get this straight, you want to get carried through the dungeon AND get cheap relics? I don't think so. So I was bidding on them so they got mad and left.  Typical low level aP, want carried and stuff for free.

actually those lowbies NEED those relics, that is different from your greed attitude.

when i was that low i already rotated relics with pugs to save money and generate some kind of "community friendship".

but thanks to ruin a already difficult task

40 minutes ago, Shukran said:

actually those lowbies NEED those relics, that is different from your greed attitude.

when i was that low i already rotated relics with pugs to save money and generate some kind of "community friendship".

but thanks to ruin a already difficult task

I can also use those relics, so why should I give it to them for free? I didn't get them for free when I was at their stage.  It's amazing that they think and you think they are entitled to them for free. Must be Bernie supporters.

21 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

I can also use those relics, so why should I give it to them for free? I didn't get them for free when I was at their stage.  It's amazing that they think and you think they are entitled to them for free. Must be Bernie supporters.

entitled?

do u read yourself?

5 hours ago, triplethreat said:

I decided to yolo queue Naryu Lab today instead of finding a 550+ party. Time isn't as much of a problem on the weekends like it is through the week, so I decided I'll help some people out. Got 5 people below 425.  two of them wanted us to let them rotate the relics. I asked how much were they paying and they said 2 copper. So, let me get this straight, you want to get carried through the dungeon AND get cheap relics? I don't think so. So I was bidding on them so they got mad and left.  Typical low level aP, want carried and stuff for free.

Cough* its a lvl 45 dung and people around 350-425 ARE NOT BEING CARRIED, they are suppose to be running it, a full party of 6 400ap players could run Naryu easily if they know mech and are decent players.

Also you do realize at that ap range unless your not free 2 play most people dont even have 10gold..... so that makes sense they dont wana spent 10-30 silver per relics, its not nexus man.... what are you on....

really... your bidding on relics when they only thing 10 of them will mostly likely give you is 1 gold.... when they need like 80 for the soul to get 10ap they really really need... 

cant wait for the dps meter to come out and see people faces when 500s are carrying 600's, /grrr

p.s. you said 5 people below 425 and said "wanted us" , unless blade and soul has changed something its 6 people total not 7.

20 minutes ago, Solidarius said:

p.s. you said 5 people below 425 and said "wanted us" , unless blade and soul has changed something its 6 people total not 7.

By "us" he means the 3 other below 425 AP members.

On topic:

People want faster runs, more efficient runs, runs that won't fail. The easiest method to sort people for better runs is by AP. There are other means, but those are not popular. 

13 hours ago, Solidarius said:

Cough* its a lvl 45 dung and people around 350-425 ARE NOT BEING CARRIED, they are suppose to be running it, a full party of 6 400ap players could run Naryu easily if they know mech and are decent players.

Also you do realize at that ap range unless your not free 2 play most people dont even have 10gold..... so that makes sense they dont wana spent 10-30 silver per relics, its not nexus man.... what are you on....

really... your bidding on relics when they only thing 10 of them will mostly likely give you is 1 gold.... when they need like 80 for the soul to get 10ap they really really need... 

cant wait for the dps meter to come out and see people faces when 500s are carrying 600's, /grrr

By us, it means the other 3 people and me. I thought this would have been clear and didn't really have to explain it, but I was obviously wrong. And  you can get other things with the relics besides the gold. I rather enjoy the level 5 tickets so I can skip 1-4 on Mushin tower. Also, there is a costume I don't have yet in my wardrobe.

Archived