why are ap elitists a thing lmao

chocofernia

3 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

Yes there should, as explained several times, it's not our job to babysit and carry low ap people.. Therefore, if people want to require the same amount of AP that they have, they should be able to..

I wish I could, getting rid of people, that don't want to listen to facts and statistics, would be ideal..

Do you also not believe the earth is round, because you can't see thr curve?

the earth is square11!!11!! 

again, the requirements put people off to the point they wont do the dungeon to get the supplies they need to upgrade so then they can actually get to the ap requirement 

idk i just said i can swim so i kinda doubt id die too quickly on titantic, but if i could get rid of people who dont listen at all and only pick+choose what to read would be so ideal (: 

2 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

Was the point of this thread to just discuss something that has already been talked about to death and hasn't changed (and likely won't change for a while) since launch?

i only made the thread bc i couldnt rant about it in clan chat, it's not my fault the people who jumped onto this forum in quick defense of their ap decided to argue amongst each other(and even planes lmao) though i'll probably browse the other ap elitist forums to see if anyone is consistently jumping on defense lmao 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, chocofernia said:

again, the requirements put people off to the point they wont do the dungeon to get the supplies they need to upgrade so then they can actually get to the ap requirement 

idk i just said i can swim so i kinda doubt id die too quickly on titantic, but if i could get rid of people who dont listen at all and only pick+choose what to read would be so ideal (: 

i only made the thread bc i couldnt rant about it in clan chat, it's not my fault the people who jumped onto this forum in quick defense of their ap decided to argue amongst each other(and even planes lmao) though i'll probably browse the other ap elitist forums to see if anyone is consistently jumping on defense lmao 

Honestly, I don't understand how you made a thread like this and didn't think people would argue with you. Calling people idiots was not the smart way to go about this.

8 minutes ago, chocofernia said:

Just because you FEEL safer on other modes of transportation doesn't change the fact that airplanes are, by a massive margin, the mode of transportation with the lowest rate of mortality in existence today.  Arguing otherwise is no different than arguing that a pineapple is a mammal. 

Also, you seem to be missing the point of the people who are responding contrary to your opinion.  That not reading thing goes both ways.  The "ap requirements" are for their parties.  You don't have to join their party, you can make your own.  

8 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

Honestly, I don't understand how you made a thread like this and didn't think people would argue with you. Calling people idiots was not the smart way to go about this.

i didnt call anyone directly an idiot, they just took offense when they say high ap and idiots next to each other

if they think theyre an idiot for having high ap that's their own self esteem problem that wasnt my fault ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

people will argue about anything and everything no matter the topic, server "link", story line theories, how many materials is considered too much, inventory space is too little/manageable

4 minutes ago, FakeName said:

Just because you FEEL safer on other modes of transportation doesn't change the fact that airplanes are, by a massive margin, the mode of transportation with the lowest rate of mortality in existence today.  Arguing otherwise is no different than arguing that a pineapple is a mammal. 

Also, you seem to be missing the point of the people who are responding contrary to your opinion.  That not reading thing goes both ways.  The "ap requirements" are for their parties.  You don't have to join their party, you can make your own.  

and like i've continually said: Don't expect a LFP party to meet that requirement, join the party that is recruiting for what they want.

i ALWAYS do LFP and some of the members get mad because there might be a 380 in for naryu 

idk now that you suggested a pineapple is a mammal...where's your proof it isnt?(jokes aside you can still say it's safer and i still wont believe you and would still argue on it not being so)  

i didnt call anyone directly an idiot, they just took offense when they say high ap and idiots next to each other

if they think theyre an idiot for having high ap that's their own self esteem problem that wasnt my fault ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

people will argue about anything and everything no matter the topic, server "link", story line theories, how many materials is considered too much, inventory space is too little/manageable

No, it IS your fault. You didn't specify in your post; you generally called high AP people idiots. You may not have been talking about ALL high AP people, but people wouldn't know that from reading your OP. People don't think that they're idiots, they think you're calling them idiots, so it's not a low self-esteem problem, either. Don't act like the victim here when you threw insults into your first post.

15 minutes ago, chocofernia said:

Or it could be because, you literally said "high ap idiots".

Maybe you just suck at english, and you actually didn't mean to call us idiots. But in the way you put your sentence together in that first post you did call us idiots.

10 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

No, it IS your fault. You didn't specify in your post; you generally called high AP people idiots. You may not have been talking about ALL high AP people, but people wouldn't know that from reading your OP. People don't think that they're idiots, they think you're calling them idiots, so it's not a low self-esteem problem, either. Don't act like the victim here when you threw insults into your first post.

10 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

Or it could be because, you literally said "high ap idiots".

Maybe you just suck at english, and you actually didn't mean to call us idiots. But in the way you put your sentense together in that first post you did call us idiots.

On 7/25/2016 at 2:18 AM, chocofernia said:

some of you high ap idiots(please note how i say idiots) are the ones who believe that you need to be 600+ to do sogun, masts or any dungeon that where you just need to know what to do rather than plow your way through a dungeon without bothering learning how to actually do it

some of yall are dumb enough to say "learn the mechanics!!!11!!" then not know them yourselves but that's another cup of tea i'll spill some other time 

you guys should prob recheck(unedited and still didnt directly call anyone a high ap idiot) 

if you categorized yourself within the some, that's a problem that'll lay within yourself not me lmao.  

i did however say "are you stupid?" and that was for those making outrageous requirements for low dungeons that they could do with a clan member or a couple(: 

and then i basically explained who i defined as the idiots: those who rather plow through a dungeon without learning how to actually do it 

tl;dr i consider you an idiot if you whine about someone not knowing the mechanics while not knowing the mech yourselves, then blame their ap for their lack of knowledge of the mech 

18 minutes ago, chocofernia said:

some of you high ap idiots are the ones

This.. this sentence.. 

"Some of you high ap idiots"

"All of you high ap idiots"

If you wanted not to call us all idiots, you could have done something like:

"Some of you high ap people ARE idiots".. but you didn't. You left out that part, and shortened it down to just calling all high ap people idiots..

Sure, you didn't call me a idiot directly.. But that doesn't change that your very first post, even if it was due to bad english, called all high ap people idiots.

I atleast, will reply to anything as dumb as the original post (or the posts following with the same opinion).. We don't need to spread more of this lazy and selfentitlement to more new players. (

1 minute ago, chocofernia said:

you guys should prob recheck(unedited and still didnt directly call anyone a high ap idiot) 

if you categorized yourself within the some, that's a problem that'll lay within yourself not me lmao.  

i did however say "are you stupid?" and that was for those making outrageous requirements for low dungeons that they could do with a clan member or a couple(: 

Didn't that post say "some of you high AP idiots"? As I said, you didn't directly say it to anyone, but you implied that high AP people are idiots. Telling people to pay attention to how you said idiots doesn't help, because you're still calling people idiots, period. And again, like I said, most of the people in this thread arguing with you don't categorize themselves as idiots. They're mad that you decided to call them idiots. It's not a problem they have with themselves, it's a problem they have with you. Anyone with basic comprehension can see that you referenced a certain group of people and then proceeded to imply that a lot of them are idiots, and since you only used pronouns in your sentence, people thought you were talking about high AP people in general. It's not that hard to understand.

9 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

This.. this sentence.. 

"Some of you high ap idiots"

"All of you high ap idiots"

If you wanted not to call us all idiots, you could have done something like:

"Some of you high ap people ARE idiots".. but you didn't. You left out that part, and shortened it down to just calling all high ap people idiots..

Sure, you didn't call me a idiot directly.. But that doesn't change that your very first post, even if it was due to crappy english, called all high ap people idiots.

I atleast, will reply to anything as dumb as the original post (or the posts following with the same opinion).. We don't need to spread more of this lazy and selfentitlement to more new players. (

i never said all of you high ap idiots, and again even if i did i didnt directly call them an idiot and the only time i used all was when i said they believed anyone w lower ap than them automatically wanted to be carried, which is still not my fault they took it offensively ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

there wasnt any self entitlement here? lmao i said it was dumb to make a requirement in lobby, you dont see low lvls/ap saying in lobby 600+ (that's a lie i just saw one and theyre tugging 372) but you dont see them as often, hell you rarely see them recruiting in lobby at all because no one ever joins their party anyways 

10 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

Didn't that post say "some of you high AP idiots"? As I said, you didn't directly say it to anyone, but you implied that high AP people are idiots. Telling people to pay attention to how you said idiots doesn't help, because you're still calling people idiots, period. And again, like I said, most of the people in this thread arguing with you don't categorize themselves as idiots. They're mad that you decided to call them idiots. It's not a problem they have with themselves, it's a problem they have with you. Anyone with basic comprehension can see that you referenced a certain group of people and then proceeded to imply that a lot of them are idiots, and since you only used pronouns in your sentence, people thought you were talking about high AP people in general. It's not that hard to understand.

i just said who i explained who the idiots were, in my op and in the post i just made lol unless the edit didnt pop up yet 

no theyre mad bc they self categorized themselves and wanted to feel victimized and left out somewhere since they cant in the lobbyroom 

clearly it seems hard to understand since it appears as though the word some is nonexistent 

i can say "some people dont like apples and bananas together. theyre dumb not to realise how great of a combo they are" 

that would be me talking about the same group of "some people" as i did in my op 

in my op i literally said the idiots with high ap then said note how i said idiots and then explained who i defined as the idiots

if they--or you-- cant understand that, that isnt my fault

20 minutes ago, chocofernia said:

i never said all of you high ap idiots, and again even if i did i didnt directly call them an idiot and the only time i used all was when i said they believed anyone w lower ap than them automatically wanted to be carried, which is still not my fault they took it offensively ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

there wasnt any self entitlement here? lmao i said it was dumb to make a requirement in lobby, you dont see low lvls/ap saying in lobby 600+ (that's a lie i just saw one and theyre tugging 372) but you dont see them as often, hell you rarely see them recruiting in lobby at all because no one ever joins their party anyways 

i just said who i explained who the idiots were, in my op and in the post i just made lol unless the edit didnt pop up yet 

no theyre mad bc they self categorized themselves and wanted to feel victimized and left out somewhere since they cant in the lobbyroom 

clearly it seems hard to understand since it appears as though the word some is nonexistent 

i can say "some people dont like apples and bananas together. theyre dumb not to realise how great of a combo they are" 

that would be me talking about the same group of "some people" as i did in my op 

in my op i literally said the idiots with high ap then said note how i said idiots and then explained who i defined as the idiots

if they--or you-- cant understand that, that isnt my fault

Okay, I'm going to assume that you don't have a very good grasp of English. I'm not talking about any other post you made, I'm ONLY talking about your OP. Who cares if you explained it in a later post? Any new person who comes to this thread probably won't bother to read all 5 pages of this garbage, but they WILL read the OP, where you called high AP people idiots. Saying "some of you high AP idiots" is you saying that ALL high AP people are idiots, but you're only talking about a few of them in this post, specifically ones that make high AP requirements for certain dungeons. You're only trying to defend yourself so that you look like a victim of these people "attacking" you when you supposedly did NOTHING to set them off.

I guess you also don't understand that what you said about people self categorizing themselves is garbage, because that's not what's happening. THAT much is evident from the posts that people made. If you wouldn't have called high AP people idiots in your first post, then people wouldn't keep bringing it up. They only responded to what YOU said, so yes, it is STILL your fault.

Honeslty, your OP just seems designed to make people angry, judging by your choice of wording. It's as if you're LOOKING for an argument and intentionally trying to *cricket* people off.

4 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

Okay, I'm going to assume that you don't have a very good grasp of English. I'm not talking about any other post you made, I'm ONLY talking about your OP. Who cares if you explained it in a later post? Any new person who comes to this thread probably won't bother to read all 5 pages of this garbage, but they WILL read the OP, where you called high AP people idiots. Saying "some of you high AP idiots" is you saying that ALL high AP people are idiots, but you're only talking about a few of them in this post, specifically ones that make high AP requirements for certain dungeons. You're only trying to defend yourself so that you look like a victim of these people "attacking" you when you supposedly did NOTHING to set them off.

I guess you also don't understand that what you said about people self categorizing themselves is garbage, because that's not what's happening. THAT much is evident from the posts that people made. If you wouldn't have called high AP people idiots in your first post, then people wouldn't keep bringing it up. They only responded to what YOU said, so yes, it is STILL your fault.

Honeslty, your OP just seems designed to make people angry, judging by your choice of wording. It's as if you're LOOKING for an argument and intentionally trying to *cricket* people off.

if they got mad from being called an idiot that's thinskinned too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

and if still then they get offended by misunderstanding and putting themselves under the idiots  category because they see it's next to high ap, sounds like a personal problem ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

yeah it pretty much is what's happening and im pretty sure only 2 people mentioned the idiots thing which would be you and quibbler loool 

again no, saying "some of you high AP idiots" means, guess what, a group of people who are idiots that have high AP 

the ones who arent idiots but still came anyways feeling attacked because they were called an idiot? i doubt that LOL, this isnt *cricket*ing elementary school where "stupid" is considered a curse word

i totes look like a victim11!!! yeah!!11!! if anyone gets set off by being called an idiot idk how they possibly survived this game or life in general, seems are though you didnt read or scan 5 pages of garbage tho since youre saying im victimizing myself, lol if you read throughout the pages youd prob laugh at some of the people who automatically assumed they were being called an idiot just for having high ap 

if anyone got angry, whoopsies guess they should stay out of forums lmfao 

if they got mad from being called an idiot that's thinskinned too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

and if still then they get offended by misunderstanding and putting themselves under the idiots  category because they see it's next to high ap, sounds like a personal problem ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

yeah it pretty much is what's happening and im pretty sure only 2 people mentioned the idiots thing which would be you and quibbler loool 

again no, saying "some of you high AP idiots" means, guess what, a group of people who are idiots that have high AP 

the ones who arent idiots but still came anyways feeling attacked because they were called an idiot? i doubt that LOL, this isnt *cricket*ing elementary school where "stupid" is considered a curse word

i totes look like a victim11!!! yeah!!11!! if anyone gets set off by being called an idiot idk how they possibly survived this game or life in general, seems are though you didnt read or scan 5 pages of garbage tho since youre saying im victimizing myself, lol if you read throughout the pages youd prob laugh at some of the people who automatically assumed they were being called an idiot just for having high ap 

if anyone got angry, whoopsies guess they should stay out of forums lmfao 

This isn't about "idiot" being a curse word or whatever. People don't enjoy being called insults. Whether they let it get to them or not is another story, but generally, people don't like being insulted, ESPECIALLY by some random on the internet, and ESPECIALLY for no good reason. It's not a matter of having thick skin or not, you insulted a group pretty much unprovoked. No matter WHO it is you're actually talking about, there was no real reason to include an insult in your first post. If you're frustrated, that's fine, but it really shows your maturity when you can't even vent your frustrations without insulting someone else and attempting to bring them down with you.

41 minutes ago, chocofernia said:

im pretty sure only 2 people mentioned the idiots thing which would be you and quibbler loool 

Since your OP was vague as shit.. I quoted your "high ap idiots", because, based on your OP alone, there is nothing to tell us, you didn't just in fact generalise all high ap people to idiots..

You then had to bring it up, 2 more times, before we started this inane back and forth, because you are to dense to understand what you wrote in your OP.. or has been a troll all a long(Which is probably the most likly case)

1 minute ago, BabyWing said:

This isn't about "idiot" being a curse word or whatever. People don't enjoy being called insults. Whether they let it get to them or not is another story, but generally, people don't like being insulted, ESPECIALLY by some random on the internet, and ESPECIALLY for no good reason. It's not a matter of having thick skin or not, you insulted a group pretty much unprovoked. No matter WHO it is you're actually talking about, there was no real reason to include an insult in your first post. If you're frustrated, that's fine, but it really shows your maturity when you can't even vent your frustrations without insulting someone else and attempting to bring them down with you.

if they cant take getting insulted on the internet they should prob get off the internet and find a safe place in their mind ESPECIALLY if it was the word idiot lmfao ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ im immature and i know it, just like the rest of the player base who can't handle a run going a little slower than usual 

1 minute ago, TheQuibbler said:

Since your OP was vague as shit.. I quoted your "high ap idiots", because, based on your OP alone, there is nothing to tell us, you didn't just in fact generalise all high ap people to idiots..

You then had to bring it up, 3 more times, before we started this inane back and forth, because you are to dense to understand what you wrote in your OP.. or has been a troll all a long(Which is probably the most likly case)

how about you go back to page 1 and reread and reread op until you acknowledge which group of people i was talking about 

and each 3 times i explained WHO i was calling an idiot, especially since i didnt generalise all high ap as idiots 

deadass said "those who dont know mechs then complain about people not knowing mechs" and then those who join lfp parties and get upset it's not w a bunch of people who they see recruiting in lobby (tho i might have said that in a different post ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) 

All I see in this post is someone crying there life is too hard and they want other people to do it for them 

Getting kinda tired of the high AP witch hunt cause low ap people are lazy as shit and don't want to learn the dungs and do it themselves 

And frankly there bad habits and bad mouthing will end up causing me not to do LFP on my main 

1 minute ago, chocofernia said:

if they cant take getting insulted on the internet they should prob get off the internet and find a safe place in their mind ESPECIALLY if it was the word idiot lmfao ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ im immature and i know it, just like the rest of the player base who can't handle a run going a little slower than usual 

how about you go back to page 1 and reread and reread op until you acknowledge which group of people i was talking about 

and each 3 times i explained WHO i was calling an idiot, especially since i didnt generalise all high ap as idiots 

deadass said "those who dont know mechs then complain about people not knowing mechs" and then those who join lfp parties and get upset it's not w a bunch of people who they see recruiting in lobby (tho i might have said that in a different post ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) 

You aren't understanding. Is English your first language? IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER SOMEONE IS OFFENDED OR NOT, THE POINT IS THAT NOBODY LIKES BEING INSULTED. IT ALSO DOES NOT MATTER WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO, YOU STILL ADDED AN INSULT INTO YOUR POST FOR NO REASON. Did you catch all of that? Maybe putting it in caps will help you a little, but then again, with your attitude, maybe not.

If you REALLY needed to add an insult to your post, you could have done a better job of specifying WHO you were talking to. After reading your post a few times, it STILL sounds like you're insulting high AP people, so your explanation of who you were talking about didn't help in the slightest.

18 minutes ago, chocofernia said:

and each 3 times i explained WHO i was calling an idiot, 

It doesn't matter how many times you try to explain something, if the words / sentence is wrong, or apparently mean a different thing from what you are trying to communicate.

It might be very easy for you to see the logic behind your sentence.. this is because you thought of it, and have all the thoughts behind it..

We do not. We can not see how you got to make that sentence, we can only see what you wrote. And whether you actually meant to or not, your sentence, is calling all high ap people for idiots..

1 hour ago, BabyWing said:

It's called jealousy that's all there is to it he is envious of what others have and has to result into insulting them 

Sorry about the negative first post.

All I see here is some kid mentality by the OP basically wanting others to cater to what 'he' wants. 
Low level AP that thinks he's entitled to call others idiots just because they don't want to carry his sorry arse. Thing is, this mentality is usually a persistent one , and if he is to be carried to 500, he probably be whining about 700 not carrying him to 600.
By the way, keeping the game going is not my job neither. That Solely rest on the shoulders of those whose job it is to do exactly that.
I play games to have fun and may be make some friends on the way. Carrying a 480 AP friend through 4man Asura and watching him die over and over again while the rest of us make fun of him while he's taking it like a champ, now that... that is fun... Having to do that to some random person who believes and wants you to know he is entitled to free rides... well that, I will never do, not in RL nor in a game. 

1 minute ago, Natello said:

If I'm having a birthday party and I only want to invite my family and friends, does that make me an crickethole?

youd only be an *cricket* if you excluded 1 friend specifically because they dont eat icecream with a spoon 

7 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

It's called jealousy that's all there is to it he is envious of what others have and has to result into insulting them 

no it's called frustration for trying to do a dungeon at MY level and have people leave the group simply because im not at 600 

15 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

We do not. We can not see how you got to make that sentence, we can only see what you wrote. And whether you actually meant to or not, your sentence, is calling all high ap people for idiots..

if you cant connect the dots in the right order, idk what else to tell you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, VHawk said:

Sorry about the negative first post.

All I see here is some kid mentality by the OP basically wanting others to cater to what 'he' wants. 
Low level AP that thinks he's entitled to call others idiots just because they don't want to carry his sorry arse. Thing is, this mentality is usually a persistent one , and if he is to be carried to 500, he probably be whining about 700 not carrying him to 600.
By the way, keeping the game going is not my job neither. That Solely rest on the shoulders of those whose job it is to do exactly that.
I play games to have fun and may be make some friends on the way. Carrying a 480 AP friend through 4man Asura and watching him die over and over again while the rest of us make fun of him while he's taking it like a champ, now that... that is fun... Having to do that to some random person who believes and wants you to know he is entitled to free rides... well that, I will never do, not in RL nor in a game. 

no what im saying is it's stupid to go to lfp and then complain when no one at your own ap is doing it despite it being called out in the lobby room 

and then it's stupid to not know the mechanics bc theyre used to plowing everything down and then get mad at someone with ap less than their's saying that they need to know the mechanics 

22 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

If you REALLY needed to add an insult to your post, you could have done a better job of specifying WHO you were talking to. After reading your post a few times, it STILL sounds like you're insulting high AP people, so your explanation of who you were talking about didn't help in the slightest.

and im STILL insulting high AP people who blame others for not knowing mechs when they themselves dont, should i cap this too so youll read it? 

Just now, chocofernia said:

no what im saying is it's stupid to go to lfp and then complain when no one at your own ap is doing it despite it being called out in the lobby room 

and then it's stupid to not know the mechanics bc theyre used to plowing everything down and then get mad at someone with ap less than their's saying that they need to know the mechanics 

Well Mr jealous 

If the low ap people knew the mechanics there would be no reason for the high AP to cry right?

Another thing I've ran into is when I LFP and get to a boss and ask everyone if they know what to do and get nothing but crickets then they screw it all up and then wonder why we get mad then we are nice and explain it all to them and they still cricket it up then me being the nice guy I am I ask again who don't understand and get crickets 

Between that and noone wanting to help around there own ap 

So yea no i don't have alot of love lost for low ap 

Archived