why are ap elitists a thing lmao

chocofernia

16 minutes ago, FakeName said:

So what you are saying is that all the other people who farmed up owe it to everyone else to carry them through dungeons?  Sorry but that just is laughable.  When I was running those dungeons with less AP I made parties for people at my level.  Now that my level is higher I make parties for people at my level.  Nothing has changed other than the range that "my level" dictates.  

I don't owe you or anyone else anything.  If you want a party make one.  It's easy as hell to do and you will find people your level to do shit with.  Don't expect the dude with 700 AP to do you a solid just cause you exist.  What kind of ridiculous entitlement complex would you need to think that is justified?

Dude Nowhere in my posts did I ever say you were required,must,commanded or any form obligation to help new people. Let me repeat it again you are NOT required to help new people with. Now it would be to the games benefit to help them but its OPTIONAL, but if you choose not to help them you can't expect new people to not be turned off by that and in turn not to tell their friends not to play the game. You can't have your cake and eat it too, its simple so pls stop trying to frame me as I am ordering ya'll or the OP is commanding ya'll high lvs to help low lvs its annoying.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

The ap requirement is the wall he can't do runs, also I must admit he can make his own party but most 400's are aware of that stupid enrage timer and so they may have a lack of confidence in their skills it's understandable. No I never said it was your duty I said it would help the community thrive and attract more people it's a choice but remeber you choices has consequences. If you want to help thats fine but pls understand if you don't help them they leave and bad mouth the game to their friends which inturns discourages new players and then BNS can't get new revenue which WILL kill the game thats all 

Hey, get this straight - People are leaving this game less because of community and more because of NCSoft. Stop trying to make it sound as if people are leaving mostly because of us.

On to other points you keep babbling about -

Why is it a problem if OP open a room stating that he/she needs 400+ AP players for a BSH run?

If someone with 350 joins, kick. As simple as that.

And what are you even on about not able to upgrade due to not able to run something like BSH?

I didn't get carried when I was low level. I did not cry here. Instead I made a party of the minimum AP required for BSH and instead of facerolling Hae Mujin, we struggled and finished the dungeon. We did it to upgrade our gear to reach the level we are at now, where we can faceroll Hae Mujin.

And if I have limited time, I am not going to do a charity run for low AP players. And don't you dare blame us. Blame the game design. Blame NCSoft and Bloodlust for designing a game where everything is a competition.

Upgrade you equipment just like we did. Stop trying to join parties so that you can get carried and then cry here if you are kicked from a 600+ BSH run.

Make your own party of 400+ players for BSH. And if you are not geared enough for BSH, then upgrade your gear by running BSC.

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Dude Nowhere in my posts did I ever say you were required,must,commanded or any form obligation to help new people. Let me repeat it again you are NOT required to help new people with. Now it would be to the games benefit to help them but its OPTIONAL, but if you choose not to help them you can't expect new people to not be turned off by that and in turn not to tell their friends not to play the game. You can't have your cake and eat it too, its simple so pls stop trying to frame me as I am ordering ya'll or the OP is commanding ya'll high lvs to help low lvs its annoying.

I undertand that you aren't "ordering" me, nor can you.  You are, however, enabling a leech mindset.  This guy could easily do dungeons and form his own parties but he is too busy crying on the forums trying to get others to carry him.  

Carrying someone does nothing for them.  They don't learn the mechs, they don't learn their class, they don't learn anything.  So then what?  Then they get to 500 or whatever target ap, join a party knowing nothing, and are still useless.  Then they quit cause they "can't farm" cause they "worked hard to get 500 ap" and still can't complete dungeons or farm anything.  The only thing that you carrying them will change is WHEN they quit, not the end result.

Kinda simple really as a warlock a lot of skills can't be casted while moving so in order to do good DPS I can't have aggro so with my 685 ap your 400ap is not going to cut it is will have aggro 100%of the time

Not to mention I'd rather run as fast as possible to make use of the limited time I can play 

If there are as many new people as you say needing parties why can't you all run together? That's what we did at that ap we had noone to carry us 

11 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Greetings,

Quick reminder: Please no personal attacks on this forum, or the thread will be closed.

Team Blade & Soul.

This thread has seemed pretty tame so far, are you guys really that eager to close topics of discussion?

11 hours ago, chocofernia said:

im mostly responding cause it made me laugh 

planes are safer? LOL 

then say speedrun? some low ap people know what speed run means and can get by quickly-- i probably shouldve added "lfp ap elitists" but honestly the fact you took some mild offense makes me not to 

if youre tired of the dungeon idk quit the game or stop doing your same ol' routine throughout it? dungeons arent exactly meant to be fun anyways 

and then when you do hit that lfp button you might grab a hm10 who gets pissy in blackram narrows cause they have to worry abt a couple 23 under struggling through the mobs they skipped lol or they get pissy cause someone rightfully outbids them in naryu lab

oh right and then good luck recruiting people who all wanna go to 600+ in your own lobby

are u stupid? 

etc

u right

Statistically speaking, planes ARE safer and definitely faster. We don't owe you people anything, you're not our friends. Why should we waste our time on strangers over the Internet who will just slow us down?

Also, you're complaining about 500-550 AP people and labeling them as elitists? You do realize that you can easily to get to 500 AP without spending any money on the game right?

to get my ap i did sweat blood. i ran 100+ times all heroics. what about you then?

if i want to 650+ blackram narrows, who cares? who are you to tell me i cannot do blackram narrows 650+ just for the sake of doing it at 650+ap?

i have an alt, 530 ap. and i deal with it. i politely ask if i can join 550+ even if i can do dungeons blindfolded.

deal with it

I just wanted to throw this in as a show of how bad it's getting for AP requirements. We actually saw someone calling out for a black ram supply chain last night.. 700+ AP. Yeah a lvl 45 dungon that can be run by 2 450 AP players was being called for 700 AP. If you have that much AP you can friken solo the *cricket*.

6 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

I just wanted to throw this in as a show of how bad it's getting for AP requirements. We actually saw someone calling out for a black ram supply chain last night.. 700+ AP. Yeah a lvl 45 dungon that can be run by 2 450 AP players was being called for 700 AP. If you have that much AP you can friken solo the *cricket*.

I am in no way defending elitists, but its your choice NOT to join any of these pre-made parties. It's why its a pre-made party! If he wants 700+ AP only good for him, I doubt anyone will join anyways. You have a hard time gathering people after 550+, because either nobody cares or those elitists have their own clan to run with, so it usually takes 15 minutes to gather a high AP party which might end in wipe anyways. Again for LOW level dungeons one should not use pre-made parties, use LFP instead because it doesn't really matter who ends up in your party unless they are like lvl 20 with nothing equiped. 

6 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

700+ AP. Yeah a lvl 45 dungon that can be run by 2 450 AP players was being called for 700 AP. If you have that much AP you can friken solo the *cricket*.

Sure, 700 is overkill.. but he is in every right to do so..

Don't be *cricket*ing stupid.. Sure he can solo.. but the whole point of setting a high AP requirement, is to do it in a very short time... How is this so hard for you people to understand.

21 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

Solo 20 min party of 700s 5 min see the difference ?

31 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

Why does it bother so much if people search for certain AP for lower dungeons?

12 hours ago, chocofernia said:

im mostly responding cause it made me laugh 

planes are safer? LOL 

Yes planes are safer.

How many car accidents do you see compared to plane accidents? What's the percentage of lemon cars vs lemon planes? How much money do companies spend on plane safety compared to car safety?

Next time go learn the thing called common sense before visiting the interweb. It's really helpful.

Also, if I worked my way up to a higher AP and want to get dungeons over faster, it's considered "stupid" now? You do realize there's nothing stopping players from creating a 300AP lobby? Or simply use LFG? Or that most of the 500+ people who use LFG won't mind 350AP people joining because that's why they even used LFG in the first place? With your logic then you must think the following are also stupid:

• Rich people buying first class on planes
  • People treating themselves to a $100 dinner instead of a $10 one
  • People driving instead of biking to work
  • A+ student hanging out with only other A+ students

I'd hate to imagine what your world is like.

32 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

Don't be *cricket*ing stupid.. Sure he can solo.. but the whole point of setting a high AP requirement, is to do it in a very short time... How is this so hard for you people to understand.

I'm fairly certain everyone here understands that's why they are asking for it, but what most of the people posting that as a defence fail to understand is the long term impact that will have on the game. The game needs casual as well as hardcore players to survive with a healthy population, but i guess these days no one really cares about the longevity of games any more. There'll always be another one around the corner anyway...

5 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

I'm fairly certain everyone here understands that's why they are asking for it, but what most of the people posting that as a defence fail to understand is the long term impact that will have on the game. The game needs casual as well as hardcore players to survive with a healthy population, but i guess these days no one really cares about the longevity of games any more. There'll always be another one around the corner anyway...

Your right In the 3 hours I get to play a night i should not try to get the most out of my time I should take the longest route possible and help everyone under 500ap everywhere it's not like I need to get my daily quests done or anything I don't need gold and drops from that thanks for showing me I've been doing it wrong this when time 

It's not like there isn't a army of other low levels to help them out or anything oh yea that's right they don't form there own parties they would rather just come here and cry about the ones other people make instead of there own 

45 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

Sure, 700 is overkill.. but he is in every right to do so..

At 700 ap and asking for the same the guy is going to spend more time sitting in that cross server waiting for a party then if he had just joined a random PT. But that was not the point, the point was people are calling for outlandish AP requirements in places that do not require it. Soon enough you're going to see LF PT 1000AP Pokey!! 

Some dungeons I can see calling out for way above the AP like Naryu or Asura, those are painfully long normally. But for things like blackram?

Well for most of us one of the first things we were taught as a child was to understand that you can't force people to want to play with you at the play ground mmk?

the people who have high ap want to run the dungeon faster, that's their choice. 

You have the choice of making your own group. 

I use LFP because i dont mind a slightly slower run and i like helping people through dungeons, but that's something i choose, not something i'm forced to do.

Frankly, if i met someone who want to piggyback on me and think "why wont you just help me you have higher AP anyways" then you know what, maybe i don't want to help that person because they think i owe them when i am trying to be nice.

Planes ARE safer. The chance of you dying in a car crash in your lifetime is approx 1 in 77.4, the chance of you dying on a plane is about 1 in 1.2 million flights

speaking of aviation, the licensing program for commercial airlines requires the pilot to have a certain number of flight hours under their belt.

do you think i can skip that by telling them "but i got a GPA of 4.3 and i watched a lot of youtube videos and play flight similator 10 hours a day"?

38 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

It's not like there isn't a army of other low levels to help them out or anything oh yea that's right they don't form there own parties they would rather just come here and cry about the ones other people make instead of there own 

And you have seen this army? You seem to be under the impression that there are thousands of new players joining the game daily and that will always continue to be the case. It won't.

Not sure why you are getting worked up about what i said. I never said you had to play the game taking into account the well being of it. You are entitled to play the game anyway you like within the rules of the game. What you are not entitled to do is come back here and complain on the forum in a years time about the empty servers.

36 minutes ago, Pesto said:

speaking of aviation, the licensing program for commercial airlines requires the pilot to have a certain number of flight hours under their belt.

do you think i can skip that by telling them "but i got a GPA of 4.3 and i watched a lot of youtube videos and play flight similator 10 hours a day"?

I'm curious. Does the pilot get those flight hours by flying with other inexperienced pilots at the same level as themselves? 

5 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

And you have seen this army? You seem to be under the impression that there are thousands of new players joining the game daily and that will always continue to be the case. It won't.

Not sure why you are getting worked up about what i said. I never said you had to play the game taking into account the well being of it. You are entitled to play the game anyway you like within the rules of the game. What you are not entitled to do is come back here and complain on the forum in a years time about the empty servers.

I'm curious. Does the pilot get those flight hours by flying with other inexperienced pilots at the same level as themselves? 

to answer your question most pilots need to pay a flight school to allow them to train for those hours which is why in most parts of the world it's very expensive to gain the necessary experience to become a commercial pilot.

I underlined the important aspect of this situation so you can understand why a flight school in bns will not let you ride with them

btw, i used LFP for EVERY dungeon i had to do while leveling up to 50, i still use LFP all the time when i don't see anyone shouting for the dungeons in broadcast within my AP limits.

i queue anytime from afternoons to midnight hours up to the 5 AM reset timer

i typically wait less than a minute for queues, or 3minutes tops.

there are PLENTY of low level players

just yesterday, i hit LFP for tomb of inferno, bam 5 level 20-30s, i just said follow along children and proceeded to killing every mob in the way. Only one accidental fire casualty =)

3 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

Lol don't worry I will never cry about sever population 

Just funny you see so many people cry here about ap requirements yet I never see any postings on cross server for people looking for low ap parties and when I leveled my sf I tried to alert some lower ap parties noone ever came so explain to Me how the low levels don't wanna work together with the same ap ? yet people crying here about elitist parties? Gotta love today's I wanna get carried mentality 

Those forming the parties can do as they please.

The more annoying ones are the ones who show up to the random PuG teams, see that the team isn't full of high AP people and leave, and they had lower AP than anyone else or close to the lowest on the team :p

Tried joining a 520 AP team with my 513 (asked if it was okay) and got kicked :p

31 minutes ago, Pesto said:

to answer your question most pilots need to pay a flight school to allow them to train for those hours which is why in most parts of the world it's very expensive to gain the necessary experience to become a commercial pilot.

I underlined the important aspect of this situation so you can understand why a flight school in bns will not let you ride with them

You're forgetting that pilots actually get payed to fly planes so there is an incentive to pay for the training. Players don't get payed to play bns so there is no incentive for them to stay if no one wants to help them. I'm not saying everyone has to help out lower or less able players. What I'm saying is that if you want the game to have a healthy game population for years to come then more experienced people should help the less experienced from time to time. Sure you can say join a clan, but most clans now have minimum AP requirements too! It's nice that you do make use of lfp to help out others and you have my respect for that, but you appear to be in the minority looking at the responses to this thread.

During the week I can only play for around 3 hours  and yet I still get all my dungeon dailies done using lfp (the exception being Soguns Lament, but here i just look for a party looking for the right acc and antidote). But i guess i'm just old fashioned. I still play games for the challenge. 

Archived