[new player] Moonstones?

Ciocolici

Is SSP the only place where I can farm moonstones? I... need... moonstones. But it is too hard for me. Performance issues, I can barely play SSP. But still I can right click the mobs or stuff, not impossible. But I get no drops 'cause I die, I rarely survive and get any box. I die because I can't avoid the aoe stuffs, I feel like I see the aoe after I die. xD

Anyway. Is there no other way to properly farm these items?

7 minutes ago, Ooneka said:

Hello!

The last official stream talked about Moonstones being dropped in Mushin Tower ;)

https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul

Have a good weekend,

Team Blade and Soul.

Well that is great but I hope it's not a rare drop like honorary ornaments, please let it be dependable drop. Also hope it isn't only for mushin lvl 9+ but reward in 1 to 8

I wasn't that mad before but when I watched a Q & A, a question came up and it asked something like this "I'm having trouble getting contribution from SSP will you make it a little easier so lower ap players can also farm". The response was "SSP is the END-END Game content and it isn't meant for everyone(just paraphrasing)" So my thing is, if that is the best way to get soulstones and the only way to get moonstones, how do you expect players to get to end game if they need a shit ton of ss and moonstones just to upgrade one thing?

Just now, LadyGamerluv said:

Well that is great but I hope it's not a rare drop like honorary ornaments, please let it be dependable drop. Also hope it isn't only for mushin lvl 9+ but reward in 1 to 8

I think I saw someone say that it only drops in F14 and F15. Forgot where I saw this though.

4 minutes ago, H1GHV0LT4G3 said:

I think I saw someone say that it only drops in F14 and F15. Forgot where I saw this though.

So that's gonna suck for new players, I've still not beaten Naksun myself. So again gonna suck for new players that are trying to gear to acceptable AP levels. Also, sounds like a rare drop instead of a quest reward.

There will be a few days to get moonstones in the new patch, which is nice.

As someone else mentioned. they're being added to the 14 and 15th floors in Mushins Tower.
We are also getting new boxes which we are able to craft from these fragments we can farm from dungeons. There will be a Moonwater version and a Silverfrost version of this box. Silverfrost version will drop either 1, 10 or 100 moonstones along with other items like stingers and such.
Daily Challenge still will have a chance to drop, same with the nexus box.

NCS logic: since newbies can't get it in SSP, let's also put it in an even more difficult place to get it! Mushin floors 14-15. What are the chances that if you can't survive in SSP or do enough damage, you'll survive the final floors of the tower?

This is the equivalent of hanging an apple from the top of the Empire State Building if a person can't reach it from a tree.

/facepalm

1 hour ago, LadyGamerluv said:

So that's gonna suck for new players, I've still not beaten Naksun myself. So again gonna suck for new players that are trying to gear to acceptable AP levels. Also, sounds like a rare drop instead of a quest reward.

You can beat Naksun with arround 400 ap so even new Players should be able to do it.

13 minutes ago, Melodia said:

NCS logic: since newbies can't get it in SSP, let's also put it in an even more difficult place to get it! Mushin floors 14-15. What are the chances that if you can't survive in SSP or do enough damage, you'll survive the final floors of the tower?

This is the equivalent of hanging an apple from the top of the Empire State Building if a person can't reach it from a tree.

/facepalm

You make it sound like you need 600+ AP to deal with 9~15.

Once you learn the mechanics of each floor then even someone with 400~450 AP can clear it.

But oh I forgot, this is NA/EU. If it's not braindead easy then it must be too hard.

2 hours ago, Kitah said:

We are also getting new boxes which we are able to craft from these fragments we can farm from dungeons. There will be a Moonwater version and a Silverfrost version of this box. Silverfrost version will drop either 1, 10 or 100 moonstones along with other items like stingers and such.
Daily Challenge still will have a chance to drop, same with the nexus box.

So, the same ones that become XP charms? Or new ones?

As for 14 and 15th floor Mushin's Tower it's  good move because there is no reasons to try it otherwise, and well, it's certainly better than the Grindtooth. Not that  I have every gotten past Jungahdo, lol. 

Really, those both are GOOD changes.

1 hour ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

Why dont you actually do some research? 

Watched the vid, then went to youtube, ive noticed 2 things #1: this guy is using Asura Accessories, and yeti ss with a mix of a few others also cant tell what kind of gems he is using.

When I was 399, geting yeti ss / Asura accessories was near impossible, unless a clan runs you through those dungs, most parties require a lot more than 400ap for yeti, and most people will leave if they see someone with 398AP .........dont get me started on Asura requirements, I am 540ap KFM with 3 hongmoon skills and Ive nearly master that dung but i still get kicked from peoples parties.

The second thing is this guy has a few hongmoon skills on this character,( read the comment) I dont know about anyone else here, but when I was 398 AP I could barely afford enough gold to buy a moonwater transformation stone(4-5gold) than the insane amount of gold needed for some of the hongmoon skills.

I am not flaming this vid or the poster , I am just saying that the average 398 player CAN NOT do Naksun, even if he/she did learn all the mechanics of this fight, due to gear also the guy/girl in the Vid is Hm9 so when you find a person with 398 that is Hm9, let me know and I will uninstall this game. If you dont know, each and every HM level gives you AP and other stats. 

In addition, I will try Naksun today, I have been lazy and only do floor 1-7 i dont even bother with mushin guy because its 2 frustrating and I die a lot to this boss, mabey I just suck at the game and everyone else can do these bosses easy. 

"You can beat Naksun with arround 400 ap so even new Players should be able to do it. "I do not believe this statement, I think it is False. 

To go back to the orginal post, If moonstones are to be droped on the last floors of the tower, I dont think many people will be farming them there. 

the best place to farm moonstones for me is SSP, if you cant do SSP i recommend doing dungs/arena/ and make gold to buy moonstones.

1 hour ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

Why dont you actually do some research? 

Lol, this video proves nothing, as you can see from the way he/she spams LBM/RMB we can tell that he has <50ms(which majority of the player base have 100ms+). Also this player have H.M Skills unlocked which majority of new players wont have access to at this moment.

24 minutes ago, Solidarius said:
24 minutes ago, Solidarius said:

I do not believe this statement, I think it is False. 

one of my guild members killed it with his alt if i remember right he is hm7/8 with 400ap inspect "Finvara" i can afk for an screen if u want.

btw. he never was in asura with this char so no soulshield from here

I am sure skilled players with good connection could indeed kill Naksun at 400 AP. The reality is a lot of people do not have a good connection to the game. I would bet my left nut that anyone who does this also has experience with the game previously to do this. The bottom line is this is not attainable by the majority of brand new players.

Even if u have 700ap+ if u lag in tower for 2sec,naksun gonna kill you.

Instead of making such video posts about 1 or 2 guys that killed it with 400ap,try to make ncsoft to make moonstones more available,so finally prices are reduced and

new players actually stay in game and not quit due to gear progression problems.

I personally dont have any issues to do all that or ssp,but i am not selfish,greedy person and i want to actually see reduced prices on all materials.Enough ppl i know quit allready,we need to post and make things easier not harder.

I have to agree that as awesome it is to see someone beating Naksun with so low AP, it kinda defeats its purpose when the player has a crit chance so high regular 400-450AP players has barely half of the stat and makes the video nothing more than a bragfest of someone with good clan connections to get through Yeti/Sura while giving nothing to the actual issue of moonstones being too damn scarce to receive outside SSP/WWV. And everyone else has already stated that some players simply do not have a good connection  to begin with nor initially enough skill to pull through something like kicking Naksun's butt until they've gotten themselves to 500AP+ or enough crit chance/dmg.

And seeing that they've added moonstones to be dropped in the future from F14-15, it's still not a superduperawesome change since even those floors are not that easily accessable, but oh well guess it's still at least one more place added.

I can't even beat junghado with 400 ap, low crit dmg and crit rate on my FM. ;-; The materials grind is so bad that I honestly have been noticing on my alt that fresh players are doing awk necro and yeti with 390 ap just because they're lvl 50 hm 2 and that's the recommended written on the dungeon. But 390 ap (yes. They have low crit damage too) is way too low for these dungeons but they don't know that. 

I would bet Reap00's left nut and right that the average player cannot beat Naksun with 400 AP. 

I am no pro player by any stretch of the imagination  but I didn't beat mushin's darkness until 490 AP, but I'm no pro, much less beat Naksun. 

1 hour ago, Reap00 said:

I am sure skilled players with good connection could indeed kill Naksun at 400 AP. The reality is a lot of people do not have a good connection to the game. I would bet my left nut that anyone who does this also has experience with the game previously to do this. The bottom line is this is not attainable by the majority of brand new players.

4 hours ago, Charlotte Hazelnut said:

Lol, this video proves nothing, as you can see from the way he/she spams LBM/RMB we can tell that he has <50ms(which majority of the player base have 100ms+). Also this player have H.M Skills unlocked which majority of new players wont have access to at this moment.

Im sorry you have to go through life thinking of excuses for everything. 

Archived