Be tahnkful for a good tank

spongemike

And I'm thankful to all those that let me initiate the fight, because this threat buff of BM requires to block an attack or to resist an attack using specific skills to be able to use it ^_^.
Well, most of the time I have to engage quickly, so no one can do it before me x.x

12 minutes ago, spongemike said:

Not to mention is a thankness job. If you did great no one every thanks a tank but if you screw up..........

Well, since a tank is not really required there's less hateful talk, compared to a game based on the 'holy trinity'.

6 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

I switched to BD cause of that, ppl just rant on my KFM and think it's much easier than using a ranged class. I still love KFM for its playstyle and DPS rota

For some fights, you need to know the entire pattern of the mob, screw up once, you get *cricket*ed on the second attack because you couldnt recover from the first, then get hit by a third attack because you didnt recover from the second and the snowball/trainwreck is in motion.

Then theres those people who refuse to take Dragonblood that expect zero errors to occur and while ranged sit comfortable outside of any damage, clicking LB & RB like a boss and maybe an F if they feel like it.

Yeah, i love my KFM but the framerate drops, freezes makes it impossible to iframe in time, then theres intermittend lag that screw up your timer some more and Bam, NOOB!

While on a good evening there are no issue and people leave without ever having said a word on a perfect run.

Might lvl a FM get my dungeon fixes but then why play the KFM at all if you are not gonna use it :p

At least we can't get *cricket*ed up by a healer that has no idea what he is doing....thats something right!

@Archess I never had anyone tell me that I should tank with my BM in ru server time even tho I could. I only tanked beido adds and still tried to fill the downtime bomberman with some dps. Now that there are ppl comming from wow community and other related games I don't feel like my playstyle is wanted. I wanna do what I want to do and sometimes I wanna carry my teammates, but what I don't like is to be told what I am and what I have to be to do well for me and for the rest of the team.

BD is like the least hated role right now, nobody expects me to do anything and that is fine I even feel equaly usefull and less hated on then with my kfm

On 4/22/2016 at 11:31 PM, Els said:

Well, since a tank is not really required there's less hateful talk, compared to a game based on the 'holy trinity'.

Good luck trying to outrange Sogun's Lament, Cold Storage, and Mushin Floor 9-15 then.

11 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Good luck trying to outrange Sogun's Lament, Cold Storage, and Mushin Floor 9-15 then.

all current bosses in heroic dungeon have a min range mechanic of around 10m. King will spit poison then jump beyond that range, jump doing heavy damage, queen doing a charge attack that can kill in 1 hit, or leave you at 5%, depending on RNG. Scorpion queen will grab beyond that range, killing on the conclusion of the attack, unless iframed by another party member. Yeti does a ranged jump if you move beyond his min range, doing heavy damage. These mechanics already exist, and already require ranged tankers to remain in close range. More similar mechanics exist requiring people to remain close to their target. 

On 4/24/2016 at 9:25 PM, Dlacik said:

@Tsunakai Not sure about new dungeons but currently existing mechanics are kind of joke, since there is a window between 5-8m where you are safe from melee attacks and still don`t trigger the boss ranged mode.

Boss moves into your attack range if you have aggro on them, so in order for melee to be able to do damage, I must basically take away the 1 advantage i have in pve.

On 23/04/2016 at 1:04 PM, Hongmoon said:

Didn't know you had to be kfm/bm to be a tank. And here I was tanking on my fm using my ow ss for pve.

Sure thing... and others love chasing after bosses you're SSing against if you have aggro.

As far as this game is concerned, that's not tanking, that's simply surviving, which ANY class should know how to do.

On 24/04/2016 at 8:42 AM, Sennen said:

What is better then being thankful for a good tank?  Make them happy!   Turn off the darned cat taunts!

Or just don't use cat taunt unless a temporary aggro override is required to save some people's asses against anything not called Blackwyrm. Not really need to de-spec the taunt altogether.

*Bow* for great Tanks - KFM - BM

makes my life as a Summoner allot easier not to worry about Boss aggro. Like this I can do my job to support my party. I have deep respect for all tanks that can deal with high output from BD/FM/WL/Destro/Sin/Summ. and manage to survive a battle because this requires a high skill set!

Very happy to have superb Tanks - Keep up the great job!

Sincerely

Sin. aka Sigma - Frostgipfel (DE) - Summoner

Personally, I love tanking. I've tanked in every game I've played starting with CoH/CoV. I'm learning the mechanics of this game with my KFM and my Gon Axe wielder. I do look forward to tanking once I learn my toon's abilities better so that I can what I love doing, tanking!

12 minutes ago, PCComet said:

as an FM, you learn to appreciate tanks because you're not running around hoping the boss doesn't bend you over backwards and eats you since you pull agro almost every time.

I'm thankful for the mechanic they have in game to show you that a boss is focused on you unlike other games. This has saved my FM and Warlock a few times from being squashed like a bug! lol

Aw this is pretty sweet. As a BM who often tanks for pugs, I'm honestly always scared I will mess up.  There have been a few times someone has told me "nice tanking" and it feels really nice because it makes it seem like your efforts actually helped the party.

Archived