@Dev PvP required to progress in PvE? No Thanks.

Yxion

So after getting my weapon to True Siren Lynblade - Stage 5, and my necklace to Awakened SIren Necklace - Stage 5, I came to the unfortunate realization that as a person who doesn't particularly care for, and has avoided participating in, world-pvp that I am now forced to do so to further progress with upgrades. From the very beginning the game allowed me to completely separate PvE from PvP. I enjoy going into arena and trying to win a match occasionally, but as a person who enjoys primarily PvE content I was surprised when I finally got to the current 'endgame' and was faced with the need to farm Misty Woods Insignia in order to get the items I need to upgrade my sword and necklace. I mean the faction thing is designed to allow you to not PvP if you don't want to, there has never been a requirement to PvP before now, even the quests that required you to get an item from faction npc earlier allowed you to spend money on it. So why now?

I want to do dungeons, not kill faction npcs.

Normally I would have just said: "Fine, I will farm a bit with a group and get some insignia, I don't pvp much, but maybe I can get by." No biggie right? Wrong. Apparently, when I chose a faction at random day 1 of head start, I picked the wrong one. I didn't care which I chose at the time because I didn't want to PvP in open world. I just wanted to have my own clan for a few friends. Well I chose Crimson back then. I don't regret choosing Crimson. I met some really nice people. However, currently Cerulean is full, Crimson appears to be getting rekt on every channel 24/7 and I can't seem to find a group to even try and farm.

Someone mentioned something about dailies for misty woods insignia, but I don't know what those are, or how to get them, as I don't do any of the faction stuff. I spent hours hopping channel to channel and finding a large group of cerulean on every channel with no crimson in sight.

I am not sure how I can be expected to upgrade my equipment in this scenario. Even if I want to switch factions, I would have to destroy my clan, losing all the work/donations I put into it, and to top it off Cerulean is full on my server 24/7.

Honestly, I don't see why they can't sell the items in some other way, gold/valor stones/some other item, something I can earn without having to don a faction outfit and pray I don't get instantly killed.

Anyone have any suggestions? I only need to farm 45 of the Misty Woods Insignia, but after spending almost all day trying I have gotten 0. I have all the required materials to upgrade besides the sword and necklace that I have to get from faction npc.

The easy answer is to switch factions. It says full, but there is a huge community of botters/spammers constantly joining and leaving. Sit on the screen for a few minutes and keep trying. You will get in. It took 10 minutes for me to switch to Crimson, which on my server, is full.

You are on Mushin, probably? I had the same problem. I switched from Crimson to Cerulean; it was the only way to get stuff done. If you have a clan, maybe you can try to ask them for help. Find an empty channel and farm Cerulean NPCs for the insignia's. Its the only way you are gonna get it done, unless you find a time to switch factions. 

I'll say now though, that this game is marketed as more of a PvP game than a PvE game. The PvE in this game is shallow compared to other MMOs; the thing that balances it out is a combat. 

Switching factions would only add to the problem. What we need is balance.

My suggestion is to remove Misty Woods Faction Insignia from the faction bosses and provide them via faction NPCs and other players. For instance, killing a faction NPC will net you 1 insignia. Killing a faction boss NPC nets you 3. Killing a player within 1 level difference gives you 3-5. In other words, having more options to farm provides players with more...options! This means no more being forced to sit back and watch the enemy zerg your base. You now have other ways to farm for your insignias/mats.

There will be many such events in later content where you have to kill boss while wearing your faction costume. Some already have like killing Blackwyrm or Terror.

Seriously, I have talk about PvP is at the core, then got make fun of and said I am "toxic". Many features of this game is based on PvP.

For those who keep trashing free players, enjoy server merge soon, seen this happened in previous games and where you have PvP events with few people to join. Remember, this game is not the only games, some good games will come out this year and these people will be the first to left since they enjoy create TOXIC community.

simple fix. don't do the faction dailies without first checking if your faction is doing the insignia farms in the same channel. This way there's less chance of you running into other players since you don't like open world pvp. I mean, faction dailies is still just pve you aren't even doing any amount of pvp's while the "get 10 faction player kills" is pretty dumb and a waste of time, not really worth the effort to either look for players to kill or try to convince someone to trade kills. With farming the insignias, still not a pvp situation, if you don't find yourself fighting another player, you're not doing any pvp. Like I said, find a channel with a group farming it, hit Ctrl+F to hide all the players and get in some hits on the bosses that spawn.

last day in a discussion in the faction chat a guy said something like :

That game is not gear dependant for pvp.

I mean, ppl thinking that is just naive or really ignorant. since you will need :

- grind xp for hongmoon lvl

- Play pve for your hongmoon skils.

And for that, you will need to be able to play everywhere in pve : so kill upgrade your gear ad vitam aeternam.  :]

1 hour ago, Seyd said:

Switching factions would only add to the problem. What we need is balance.

My suggestion is to remove Misty Woods Faction Insignia from the faction bosses and provide them via faction NPCs and other players. For instance, killing a faction NPC will net you 1 insignia. Killing a faction boss NPC nets you 3. Killing a player within 1 level difference gives you 3-5. In other words, having more options to farm provides players with more...options! This means no more being forced to sit back and watch the enemy zerg your base. You now have other ways to farm for your insignias/mats.

For this, they would have to make it obtained like prestige points otherwise it'll be kind of difficult to pick up the loot if you were fighting actual players. They'll also have to do it for every insignia for different level ranges along with having the right one drop with the right player levels that you kill.

eh this game was promoted as a pvp centric game... most of the time you'll find all of one faction in channel A and all others in channel B each farming insignias. Just get in with the farming groups...  most pvpers won't attack unless they decide to enmasse. Its not that bad... pvp in this is pretty fun even when you lose =3

On 7/2/2016 at 4:20 AM, Yxion said:

So after getting my weapon to True Siren Lynblade - Stage 5, and my necklace to Awakened SIren Necklace - Stage 5, I came to the unfortunate realization that as a person who doesn't particularly care for, and has avoided participating in, world-pvp that I am now forced to do so to further progress with upgrades. From the very beginning the game allowed me to completely separate PvE from PvP. I enjoy going into arena and trying to win a match occasionally, but as a person who enjoys primarily PvE content I was surprised when I finally got to the current 'endgame' and was faced with the need to farm Misty Woods Insignia in order to get the items I need to upgrade my sword and necklace. I mean the faction thing is designed to allow you to not PvP if you don't want to, there has never been a requirement to PvP before now, even the quests that required you to get an item from faction npc earlier allowed you to spend money on it. So why now?

I want to do dungeons, not kill faction npcs.

Normally I would have just said: "Fine, I will farm a bit with a group and get some insignia, I don't pvp much, but maybe I can get by." No biggie right? Wrong. Apparently, when I chose a faction at random day 1 of head start, I picked the wrong one. I didn't care which I chose at the time because I didn't want to PvP in open world. I just wanted to have my own clan for a few friends. Well I chose Crimson back then. I don't regret choosing Crimson. I met some really nice people. However, currently Cerulean is full, Crimson appears to be getting rekt on every channel 24/7 and I can't seem to find a group to even try and farm.

Someone mentioned something about dailies for misty woods insignia, but I don't know what those are, or how to get them, as I don't do any of the faction stuff. I spent hours hopping channel to channel and finding a large group of cerulean on every channel with no crimson in sight.

I am not sure how I can be expected to upgrade my equipment in this scenario. Even if I want to switch factions, I would have to destroy my clan, losing all the work/donations I put into it, and to top it off Cerulean is full on my server 24/7.

Honestly, I don't see why they can't sell the items in some other way, gold/valor stones/some other item, something I can earn without having to don a faction outfit and pray I don't get instantly killed.

Anyone have any suggestions? I only need to farm 45 of the Misty Woods Insignia, but after spending almost all day trying I have gotten 0. I have all the required materials to upgrade besides the sword and necklace that I have to get from faction npc.

Basically all the items you need can be bought from marketplace, if you are unwilling to PvP. Or you could settle with the upgrade stage you´re at - since there´s no PvE content that absolutely requires max upgraded gears.

And you´re wrong about the statement "I mean the faction thing is designed to allow you to not PvP if you don't want to,"

Factions were designed with PvP purpose. Why do you think every faction quest is referred to a PvPquest, and every faction custome is reffered to as a PvP-dobok, which is described with a PvP warning. The entire game is promoted with PvP-heavy content, what makes it unique, is the realtime pvp-mechanics - where combo´s, counters, dodges and adaptation is hugely lost on an ai-controlled mob, with easily anticipated patterns.

Besides, being on the minority side of a faction is a privilige - because you have more players too kill.

>when people keep thinking this game is pvp end game centric 

>forgetting that the pvp part came after the pve

>cant wait for the pve bomb to hit and posts about "isnt this game suppose to be pvp centric" starts popping up on the forums. enjoy it while it lasts lol. 

27 minutes ago, Victorion said:

Basically all the items you need can be bought from marketplace,

And you´re wrong about the statement "I mean the faction thing is designed to allow you to not PvP if you don't want to,"

The sword and necklace can only be purchased from the faction npc in misty woods using misty woods insignia. They are untradeable.

And there is nothing wrong about what I said. They way they designed the system gives me the option to choose whether or not I want to pvp. I choose not to so I don't wear the faction outfit. It's great. Up until now, I didn't do any of the faction quests, because I didn't care about the faction stuff or pvp. Didn't need to do any of it, so I didn't.

Now unfortunately I have to. I got really lucky and a large number of Crimsons the other day happened to go do Blackwyrm while I was channel hopping for hours trying to find a group farming Insignia. Afterwards a large number of them went and farmed so I basically rode thier coattails and got enough insignia to get the necklace and sword. Unfortunately now I have to actually DO faction quests because I need to be a Squire to BUY the sword from faction npc. So I had to go back to Viridian Coast and do all the faction quests from the very beginning. It's slow going but eventually I will get Squire, however it is still frustrating. So far I have avoided PvP for the most part, but I still get ganked by groups of blues occasionally while I am sneaking around trying to do faction quests.

I did notice one thing!

The sword can also be purchased (iirc) with Zen beans. This is nice. I dont mind doing arena pvp! However, I feel like the necklace should ALSO be available for purchase with Zen beans as well.

• You must have your PvP uniform equipped to see the Misty Woods dailies.
  • Enable faction chat, or make a tab for it. Ask which channel people are farming insigs/dailies on.
  • Change factions. This will require leaving/disbanding your guild and recreating it.
  • Buy the items on the market.
  • If you want a game that does not mix PvE and PvP, this is not that game.

1 minute ago, Drunkie said:

LOL at the people complaining about having to pvp on a pvp based game.

Well i'm all for pvp mate and most likely more are, thats not the problem. What i'm not for is the giant gangbang without any sort of rules. Open world pvp should award you rank or something and maybe some cool costumes, but in no way should it offer progression in pve. Closed enviroments with even sides like 10 vs 10 or 25 vs 25 with straightend out stats is a different story (although i still find even that shouldn't progress pve, but w/e i could live with that).

Another thing is your own team in open world pvp. Last time i tagged chit chul or whatever his name is for 1 party member and me. Everything was going good till (i think) a forcemaster of my own faction came by. He/she wanted it so started throwing it away till it reset, so his party could tag it. That pretty much pissed me off so much that i quit the faction missions for that day. So not only are the crimsons a problem, my own faction is a problem aswell in the faction pvp. Very enjoyable ... not.

Fortunately or unfortunately, B&S is very PvP-centric. Quite a bit of end-game content is either centered around it or barred by it in some manner.

The "lone wolf" play style really doesn't work here. You need a group, you need to be ready to defend your gatherers and you should be ready to stick it to the other guys whenever you can.

If that's not your thing, B&S isn't your game.

8 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Fortunately or unfortunately, B&S is very PvP-centric. Quite a bit of end-game content is either centered around it or barred by it in some manner.

The "lone wolf" play style really doesn't work here. You need a group, you need to be ready to defend your gatherers and you should be ready to stick it to the other guys whenever you can.

I agree with this statement.  I will play for awhile and enjoy this game but if it gets to the point I can't progress because of being heavily PvP gated, then I will just move on.   It's unfortunate that they did this.  You would think they would want to appeal to ALL playing types and not just PvP.

1 minute ago, Gamerchick said:

I agree with this statement.  I will play for awhile and enjoy this game but if it gets to the point I can't progress because of being heavily PvP gated, then I will just move on.   It's unfortunate that they did this.  You would think they would want to appeal to ALL playing types and not just PvP.

The problem with the "all types" style is it usually ruins the PvP. Think FFXIV:ARR - it usually took 3-5 hours to get into a large scale match, and the 3s were a good 40 minute wait.

Centering content around PvP negates that issue so long as there players, and allows the game to be balanced around PvP rather than PvE and then maybe sort of PvP as an afterthought (again, FFXIV). Good news is, regardless of skill level, the required PvP content is usually very easy to complete with one or two friends.

Look me up if you're Crimson on Jiwan (goes for anyone) - I do the dailies pretty much... daily. Glad to take any primary PvE'rs along with me.

6 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Well im a lone wolf, but mostly because my server has guilds like "thefappers" and whatnot ... do i need to say more ? Guild names aside i haven't really met any normal people. Just your normal everyday bots that spam invites when you tag something and leave without a word of thanks when done. This game has a very elite community i think (not sure cause nobody talks).  That zero communication makes it quit hard to find a good set of people. Fair is fair i kinda adopted the style of communication by now, but it does feel like playing a single player game with goldsellers chat.

Just now, Rawrzory said:

Well im a lone wolf, but mostly because my server has guilds like "thefappers" and whatnot ... do i need to say more ? Guild names aside i haven't really met any normal people. Just your normal everyday bots that spam invites when you tag something and leave without a word of thanks when done. This game has a very elite community i think (not sure cause nobody talks).  That zero communication makes it quit hard to find a good set of people. Fair is fair i kinda adopted the style of communication by now, but it does feel like playing a single player game with goldsellers chat.

Yeah... we have "Lickable Lolis".

Seriously. I can only guess the clan hasn't been removed so that the FBI investigation can conclude.

Anyway, block 8-9 spammers, faction chat usually clears up - generally not too hard to get a few folks together. Most of the time just figuring out where Misty farm is and asking if anyone wants to grab Waido and the other dailies from that group nets a few folks.

Archived