[Suggestion] Increase the threat percentage to 500% or more

iColdSixEight

Title is self-explanatory.

Tank classes should hold the agro even with an Aransu 6 in the group.

Or add in place of threat skills 150% 30sec, 100% to take the agro for 30sec.
If anyone has any suggestions share here. I do not know what the impact would be on the game. If you can comment the good and bad side would be cool.

1 hour ago, Onbekend said:

Buff foods usable outside of raids would be great.

KR has foods that reduce aggro on their test server so we will get that soon.

Also people tend to forget that gear plays a role. you cant expect a raven to hold aggro against aransu. This is normal. People tanking should get geared and get gud instead of asking for a blunt aggro increase.

3 hours ago, Onbekend said:

"KR test server has aggro reducing foods" is a more useful comment than "dis girmoir retard stupis comment", in my opinion. Hope we'll be getting those foods before 2019.

I agre that information is usefull, however the rest of the post is not. Saying that someone should get gud doesnt fix the problem, u can have the best tank that have baleful and u can have other class with raven/aransu and class with raven/aransu will take agroo no matter what. If im wrong please prove me im wrong. Sry for bad english i hope u understood.

[content moderated]

a BM with raven+ weapon can tank without problem if there is aransu players in the group. It is all depend on what kind of Soul BM has. If the BM doesn't even has awakened HM soul. Obviously, the BM can't hold aggro.

You need similar gears in order to hold aggro.

Do you expect a baleful BM to hold aggro on boss against an aransu player? <----Is this a joke?

12 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Also people tend to forget that gear plays a role. you cant expect a raven to hold aggro against aransu. This is normal. People tanking should get geared and get gud instead of asking for a blunt aggro increase.

Assuming the raven player isn't absolute garbage there is no reason why a raven user cannot hold aggro against an aransu user. This is of course assuming that the aransu gives them 5 seconds or so to grab aggro before landing some ridiculous burst combo (looking at fire gunners). I will norm let my tank get an entire SB up on me only to steal aggro within a minute.

I totally agree.

I'm a BM myself, and the worst thing is: when tanking versus BURST like WL or Fire Gunner or BD.

Even though my rotation is executed properly, the dmg output they have far surpasses my capabilities of holding aggro.

Sometimes, I lose aggro, not afraid to admit it, I do regain it back because they noticed they dps too much and they reduce their dps and I gain it back, but that's teamplay, because the boss would wipe the floor with them, the boss would jump to them, and etc.

We do need either a threat increase for the KFM/BM classes or a threat decrease for the dps (AKA everyone else) classes.

Regards,

Takemi

On 1/5/2018 at 3:52 PM, Grimoir said:

The amusing part is, in this game, tanking isn't mandatory. If anything everybody else should git gud, rather than extending what I'd consider a demand for "tanks" to be up for the job. If you lean on someone else tanking, you're the one that needs improving. Unless if you're a FM, but considering even they have a parry, I'd say that isn't an argument.

This is a topic that me and my friends have also talked about, turning our sight to other MMOs they usually mark their classes as tank, DPS, support, healer etc. And usually healers and tanks have the less DPS on the party cuz they are there to do what their class is for tanks keep boss under control getting it's attention even if they are the smallest DPS, his skill is shown for the way he tanks the boss not for his high DPS, ppl usually takes gear as if that was your skill meter but they forget that there's many ppl that have gear cuz they buy the carries to get that gear without even knowing their class... gear is not the same as skill don't misunderstand that. Also a tank needs the tools to do that on almost any situation, it's very annoying to have a player that likes to show his ego on the party by doing the strongest burst he can and then have the bosses jumping to them or pulling that player and stomping him (Hollow heart) making all the party try to get their rotations in line again, even if the tank is a good tank he can't do as much damage as the rest if he doesn't have enough gear. And there's no sense in saying learn how to tank to players with classes that are not designed for that. Tanks should get a rework on their treat skills so they can do what they are made for. As someone said it's about team play and having a tank with the tools to do his role properly is basic for a nice team play.

More like others need to get good.  any max gear player esp with good soul should expect that they will steal aggro at some point, even after holding up, and well.. proceed as usual.

I really recommend some sort of "threat meter" that display boss's aggro table. so that everyone can see who's most "threatening" to boss. and act accordingly.  Some bosses also have threat reset skill like Zakhan and Rocnar and let's not forget Moyun and Shuna.

playing bm since beginning, i feel the same pain of losing aggro

i do understand that having decent gear is required first to keep up

DO NOT say it's okay for BM/KFM to lose aggro

i dare any whale with superb dps to grab aggro at blue asura in my vt raid

since i'm raid lead, i will boot that whale instantly!!

also, give back threat on cyclone and raid, y even remove it ... stupid NCSoft

is it funny to watch BM/KFM lose aggro in crucial role?!?

50 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

More like others need to get good.  any max gear player esp with good soul should expect that they will steal aggro at some point, even after holding up, and well.. proceed as usual.

I really recommend some sort of "threat meter" that display boss's aggro table. so that everyone can see who's most "threatening" to boss. and act accordingly.  Some bosses also have threat reset skill like Zakhan and Rocnar and let's not forget Moyun and Shuna.

AS a BM, Raven 7 ATM, with threat spec'd, and no VT gear in normal dungeons, it doesn't happen often, but you will get a gunner with aransu weapon, and full VT gear, or a SF in the same boat, that is bursting way more then i can at the start of a fight. Now unlike a raid like BT with the clan, where we don't have ppl geared to the maximum, i can and do hold agro unless some idiot gunner pops his ultimate off within seconds of the fight starting and doing over 1 mill damage. I can get it back usually within a few seconds, but it does happen from time to time.

Get geared: sure this would solve the issue, but how is one supposed to get geared without paying a fortune for a whale carry and item purchase in VT, to produce enough DPS to keep the super whales at bay for the normal dungeons?  Not to mention that gear is all RNG. This Wednesday will make the 10th BT raid I have completed. The last 9, no fire ring has dropped, so I am still without a BT fire ring. Also, the other 5 fire users on my raid, they're all missing it too. We roll for items, so RNG again. 

Clan VT would be a good solution, but then it's competition for items again among the other raid members, plus the RNG factor, and that we have been unsuccessful in clearing boss 1 so far at the time of this post. Reasons stem from party comp not being 100% ideal, to bad ping / lag issues /  not enough geared peeps online at any given time to give it a serious go more often. BT is way easier, we can take 4-5 clan members in with 0 experience, and still clear within an hour.

Because there is such a huge gap between players, and a huge gap between what different classes can actually put out DPS wise, the only real way to bridge this is to increase threat skill % on the tanks. Raid candy is nice, but it's not in infinite supply, and not everyone is going to buy into threat reduction food either. On a raid with a clan, yes, for sure, this makes sense, but on a pug for a higher end dungeon run, that's a pipe dream.

NCSoft needs to add tokens for bt

every 10 runs (10 tokens) a player can redeem an accessory

i mean u have it for bt cosmetics ... y not accessories?!?

plus u think a whale will want to hold back his dps?!?

a whale spends a lot to get his dps as high as possible, y will he hold back?

he will only show it off so he can be praised

i dare him to pull aggro from my bm in vt blue asura

i'll boot him till kingdom come!!

33 minutes ago, SoraTokonome said:

playing bm since beginning, i feel the same pain of losing aggro

i do understand that having decent gear is required first to keep up

DO NOT say it's okay for BM/KFM to lose aggro

i dare any whale with superb dps to grab aggro at blue asura in my vt raid

since i'm raid lead, i will boot that whale instantly!!

also, give back threat on cyclone and raid, y even remove it ... stupid NCSoft

is it funny to watch BM/KFM lose aggro in crucial role?!?

What is the point? TAB has straight out 150 perc theat. Raid still do.

It is easier for BM to get threat buff now. 

Spec it.

"Bm since the beginning"

we need at least food aggro buff to increase threat by 150% so range tank can tank peacefully or ever other class can tank so we can do certain dungeons without having to wait whole day for a tank, wich is clearly a game killer for a game who has been promoted as a game with no role, and people should consider that we are not playing the kr version with KR SERVER....eu/na is all about potatoe server that provide RNG ping for a rng dps, most of time in BT/VT i suddenly turn in slow motion unable to maintain decent dps...

4 hours ago, Twan7718 said:

AS a BM, Raven 7 ATM, with threat spec'd, and no VT gear in normal dungeons, it doesn't happen often, but you will get a gunner with aransu weapon, and full VT gear, or a SF in the same boat, that is bursting way more then i can at the start of a fight. Now unlike a raid like BT with the clan, where we don't have ppl geared to the maximum, i can and do hold agro unless some idiot gunner pops his ultimate off within seconds of the fight starting and doing over 1 mill damage. I can get it back usually within a few seconds, but it does happen from time to time.

Get geared: sure this would solve the issue, but how is one supposed to get geared without paying a fortune for a whale carry and item purchase in VT, to produce enough DPS to keep the super whales at bay for the normal dungeons?  Not to mention that gear is all RNG. This Wednesday will make the 10th BT raid I have completed. The last 9, no fire ring has dropped, so I am still without a BT fire ring. Also, the other 5 fire users on my raid, they're all missing it too. We roll for items, so RNG again. 

Clan VT would be a good solution, but then it's competition for items again among the other raid members, plus the RNG factor, and that we have been unsuccessful in clearing boss 1 so far at the time of this post. Reasons stem from party comp not being 100% ideal, to bad ping / lag issues /  not enough geared peeps online at any given time to give it a serious go more often. BT is way easier, we can take 4-5 clan members in with 0 experience, and still clear within an hour.

Because there is such a huge gap between players, and a huge gap between what different classes can actually put out DPS wise, the only real way to bridge this is to increase threat skill % on the tanks. Raid candy is nice, but it's not in infinite supply, and not everyone is going to buy into threat reduction food either. On a raid with a clan, yes, for sure, this makes sense, but on a pug for a higher end dungeon run, that's a pipe dream.

Your point being ?

My point is Other player than you must be ready for taking aggro. The said aransu gunner must be ready when the aggro switch to him/her and either take your position as tank or lower down his burst so that you can take aggro back.  If he/she blames you for losing aggro then you have full rights to flame him/her back.

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

Your point being ?

My point is Other player than you must be ready for taking aggro. The said aransu gunner must be ready when the aggro switch to him/her and either take your position as tank or lower down his burst so that you can take aggro back.  If he/she blames you for losing aggro then you have full rights to flame him/her back.

It would be great if people were like that. But I doubt many aransu gunners care enough, or are skilled enough to try to give back aggro, or even skilled enough to tank properly.

More likely to happen is: gunner takes aggro, boss jumps gunner, gunner has 0 clue what to do, gunner keeps running from boss, boss keeps jumping gunner, melees can't do anything because the boss moves a few meter every 3 seconds.

The gunner getting more skilled would fix that, yeah. But 10000% threat buff foods are more realistic.

8 minutes ago, Onbekend said:

It would be great if people were like that. But I doubt many aransu gunners care enough, or are skilled enough to try to give back aggro, or even skilled enough to tank properly.

More likely to happen is: gunner takes aggro, boss jumps gunner, gunner has 0 clue what to do, gunner keeps running from boss, boss keeps jumping gunner, melees can't do anything because the boss moves a few meter every 3 seconds.

The gunner getting more skilled would fix that, yeah. But 10000% threat buff foods are more realistic.

Well they better start to care. as Uncle Ben said With great power comes great responsibility.   and Aransu weapon take tremendous effort to make.. farming mats alone involve a lot of effort and dungeon runs..so i would expect at least these people know what's coming to them when they got aggro.

I don't have anything against food or threat buff for tanking character but.. well some conscience must also be exercised.

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

Your point being ?

The point was in there that the only universal solution is to increase threat, i guess you missed that in my last couple lines.  As for this scenario, yeah, the gunner usually curses and swears at me about how I need to "spec threat" because they "can't" and "don't want to" tank the boss. As for flaming them, not really my thing. My experience is you can't fix stupid. I instead calmly explain to them why they're stealing agro, and if they want to not take it, they need to not burst so damn hard at the start. 1 in 5 actually take the constructive criticism.

11 minutes ago, Onbekend said:

This is EXACTLY what happens. I don't have unlimited approaches. Usually the effort to try to establish threat again usually renders me dead simply because I cannot get into a rotation and use my iframes to mitigate damage properly. DPS drops significantly, and it's a losing battle unless the person who stole agro in the first place dies and comes off the agro table.

1 minute ago, Twan7718 said:

The point was in there that the only universal solution is to increase threat, i guess you missed that in my last couple lines.  As for this scenario, yeah, the gunner usually curses and swears at me about how I need to "spec threat" because they "can't" and "don't want to" tank the boss. As for flaming them, not really my thing. My experience is you can't fix stupid. I instead calmly explain to them why they're stealing agro, and if they want to not take it, they need to not burst so damn hard at the start. 1 in 5 actually take the constructive criticism.

Then the problem is at him/her.  Not yours. 

I have nothing against increase of threat, just that i wish people can have bit more conscience at it.  and with higher gear i expect they at least have an idea what's going to happen when aggro switch.

It has more to do with their TAB giving them a very limited window to do their burst compared to some other classes. A BM can keep his/her burst for solid 30 seconds with small damage dips when soul is on cd (ofc the intensity isn't the same as gunner's burst but BM is not about that anyways). Gunner's biggest damage bulk is when they tomb, which is good for like 5 shots, then sits on cd for a long time (at least in fire build, which seems to be the meta for pve).

Archived