The list of best badges for every class (Dragon express ones)

Backstabpuss

Since now players can easier obtain soul badges from Dragon express , it would be nice to list the names of those most suited for each class. Unfortunately they put them in boxes so you cant read description, so new players dont know what they really need. In other threads ofc there are names of badges that are best for certain classes, but are scattered all over forum , so putting them in one place would be nice. I will update the list. 

1. KFM -------------------------------------------> Magnum (both wind and fire)

2. Soul Fighter ---------------------------------> Primal Force (earth), Blue Moon (frost)                                            

3. Blade Master

4. Blade Dancer ------------------------------> Courage, Primal Force? (lightning), Eternity (wind)

5. Gunslinger ---------------------------------> Holy Fire or Primal Force (depends on Souls Shields)

6. Assassin ------------------------------------> Blue Moon (lightning), Holy Fire (dark)

7. Warlock ------------------------------------> Magnum (frost), Primal Force (dark)

8. Force Master -----------------------------> Courage (fire) , Magnum (frost)

9. Summoner -------------------------------> Magnum or Alluvion (Earth build), Holy Fire or Courage (Wind build)

10. Destroyer --------------------------------> Primal Force (Earth build), Magnum or Eternity (Shadow build)

Secondary options will also be included. Thanks.

Many players are posting the combines + the gear these badges work the best, so keep check the posts for better understanding.

4 minutes ago, Souba said:

It would be great if this post included the best soul badge combines as well

It can be added in the future. But new players are miles away from combines atm...and not only new ones.

I also encourage people to put exact names of badges for easier identification.

KFM: magnum for both elements

SF: primal force for earth, blue moon for frost

BD: courage for lightning, eternity for wind

SIN: blue moon for lightning, holy fire for dark

WL: magnum for frost, primal force for dark

FM: courage for fire

Im not completely sure about the other classes so i just skiped them

BD: primal force or courage for lightning. Courage is trying to reset lighting draw. Primal force is trying to reset flaming scourge Z. I prefer resetting flaming scourge because it is not resettable by TD from WL or weapon's bonus reset. However, lighting draw can be setted by both.

I am wondering if we can combine courage (purple badge) with other badges in the future? If it can be combined, it is the best to combine courage and primal force.

18 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

BD: primal force or courage for lightning. Courage is trying to reset lighting draw. Primal force is trying to reset flaming scourge Z. I prefer resetting flaming scourge because it is not resettable by TD from WL or weapon's bonus reset. However, lighting draw can be setted by both.

I am wondering if we can combine courage (purple badge) with other badges in the future? If it can be combined, it is the best to combine courage and primal force.

We will be able to combine courage, but only with sacred tree (next season) which makes lightning draw reduce flaming scourge by 7 seconds, so coursge is the best option for now and in the future

edit: actually now i realize you can fuse sacred tree with primal force too, so maybe this one is the best option instead. Im not completely sure tho

9 minutes ago, LawR said:

We will be able to combine courage, but only with sacred tree (next season) which makes lightning draw reduce flaming scourge by 7 seconds, so coursge is the best option for now and in the future

edit: actually now i realize you can fuse sacred tree with primal force too, so maybe this one is the best option instead. Im not completely sure tho

oh, then i will hold onto my stones for fusing in the future. It costs the same amount of materials for the new badge fusing?

Fire Gunslinger:

-Pre-8 BT or 3 VT: Holy Fire.

-8 BT or 3 VT: Holy Fire or Primal Force

-8 BT or 3 VT with True Transcendent Soul: Primal Force

Earth Summoner:

-8 MSP: Magmum

-8 BT: Magmum or Alluvion

-3 VT or 8 VT: Magmum

Wind Summoner:

-8 MSP: Holy Fire

-3 BT: Holy Fire/Courage

-8 BT: Courage

BTW about eternity badge for wind BD can any BD explain it to me? i keep searching everywhere to see how it work but i don't get it.... with this badge are we able to spam typhoon F without any requierement when Z is activated or do we need something else? mistyc badge? but then with mistyc badge same question the rotation will be z then spam F during 6sec?

2 minutes ago, ombremq said:

BTW about eternity badge for wind BD can any BD explain it to me? i keep searching everywhere to see how it work but i don't get it.... with this badge are we able to spam typhoon F without any requierement when Z is activated or do we need something else? mistyc badge? but then with mistyc badge same question the rotation will be z then spam F during 6sec?

You still need wind orbs to cast rolling typhoon, the soulbadge only lets you use typhoon without having to use sunder before, for this badge to work you need whirling scourge hongmoon skill which reduces the cost of each typhoon to 1 orb for 6 seconds, at this point your rotation during scourge would be x>z>f>f>f>rmb>f>f>rmb>f>f and so on for 6 seconds, however when you get BT mystic badge your sunder generates 3 orbs instead of 2 so it would be 3 typhoons for each sunder instead

5 hours ago, LawR said:

You still need wind orbs to cast rolling typhoon, the soulbadge only lets you use typhoon without having to use sunder before, for this badge to work you need whirling scourge hongmoon skill which reduces the cost of each typhoon to 1 orb for 6 seconds, at this point your rotation during scourge would be x>z>f>f>f>rmb>f>f>rmb>f>f and so on for 6 seconds, however when you get BT mystic badge your sunder generates 3 orbs instead of 2 so it would be 3 typhoons for each sunder instead

thanks you for this information that help a lot...bu is that better to get the courage badge? the one you can spam F no matter what after x? and do you have an idea about wich soul shield work with wind BD? msp or black tower?

I would argue about primal force and courage for BD. In my experience Magnum definitely works better than both. Reduces cd of Storm cleave by 18 sec which in turn reduces cooldown of Flaming Scourge by 9 sec. This alone makes it better than courage. Having another faster Storm Cleave results in more elec surge uptime compared to primal force. Ofc magnum and primal force can be combined for a really high uptime for Flaming Scourge.

2 hours ago, Asuramon said:

I would argue about primal force and courage for BD. In my experience Magnum definitely works better than both. Reduces cd of Storm cleave by 18 sec which in turn reduces cooldown of Flaming Scourge by 9 sec. This alone makes it better than courage. Having another faster Storm Cleave results in more elec surge uptime compared to primal force. Ofc magnum and primal force can be combined for a really high uptime for Flaming Scourge.

It depends. if you have MSP 8 set, I would say Magnum is good because the set boost storm cleave 100% in damage. With BT and VT 8 set, they are more focus on lighting flash, flickers, and lighting slash (x). Without MSP 8 set, lighting draw damage is higher than storm cleave for sure. Also, the bracelet boost the damage of lighting slash (x) as well. So, afterall, storm cleave damage is alot less compared to those skills. 

In term of resetting flaming scourge, if you have low ping primal force can reset flaming scourge faster than storm cleave. To use courage badge, you will need high critical rate. With BT or VT gears, basically you don't need additional elec surge. You will have unlimited amount of elec surge anyways if you have good rotation of skills. 

Right now, the best combination of badge would be Magnum and primal force because courage is not fusable yet. Also, the new badge coming in next season suit well to BT/VT gears and can reset flaming scourge even faster. 

6 hours ago, ombremq said:

thanks you for this information that help a lot...bu is that better to get the courage badge? the one you can spam F no matter what after x? and do you have an idea about wich soul shield work with wind BD? msp or black tower?

You are refering to the alluvion badge, yeah theres a discussion about which badge is better

before VT gear alluvion is nowhere near as good as eternity, but when you get VT badge and soulshield alluvion does get more benefit than eternity, but people forget that alluvion cant be fused yet and that holy fire (fused with eternity) also gets benefit from VT soulshield. not only that but with the new bracelet in kr the effect comes from whirling scourge intead of skywar slash, making trying to reset your Z more important than your X

so in my opinion (keep in mind i havent tested it since i dont have VT gear yet):

before VT gear: eternity

VT gear without legendary soul badge: alluvion

VT gear with legendary soul badge: eternity + holy fire

For Frost Warlock answer isn't really this simple/ Yeah, most people are running with Magnum (Blue) for frost. It's a selfish approach just to get maximum damage yourself. While in raid group you should have at least 2 Warlocks with 2 different soul badges. One Magnum for pure dps, and one Blue Moon (Green) to boost every other wl right-click damage in group. This becomes more important, the more warlocks you have in group. Blue Moon is also strong choice to consider as you won't be mutch behind in damage metter.

For shadow i agree, Primal Force (Green) is the best choice. 

Also note that you need "Base" Soul Badge and Transcendence Soul Badge to combine it into legendary one.

On 10/29/2017 at 7:46 AM, Madscream said:

For Frost Warlock answer isn't really this simple/ Yeah, most people are running with Magnum (Blue) for frost. It's a selfish approach just to get maximum damage yourself. While in raid group you should have at least 2 Warlocks with 2 different soul badges. One Magnum for pure dps, and one Blue Moon (Green) to boost every other wl right-click damage in group.

You are severely overestimating the effects of brand. And with a proper rotation, you can maintain heavy brand uptime without the badge. 
The additional damage on wingstorm and imprison are not very large DPS increases compared to the DPS you get from increasing the sheer number of dragoncalls.

In a two ice warlock party, you would get more DPS out of both of them using magnum. More brand uptime wouldn't boost the 2nd WL enough to make up for it. 

If you have 3 or more warlocks, You will have nearly 100% brand uptime applied ANYWAY, making the badge completely useless.

Shadow build can maintain 100% brand uptime by itself. If you have a multiple WL party and ANY of them are using shadow build, the Blue Moon badge is worthless. 

In other words, the more warlocks you have in a party, the less useful blue moon is, and it's not incredibly useful to begin with compared to magnum. If anything, I'd say the best application of it would be Ice build pvp. (But who uses ice in 6v6?)  

Archived