solution to this f2p vs p2w fiasco

arkvard

And how many people would be willing to pay even that 50 USD a month? At this point of the game it would be really bad idea to change the system and it has been out on the table multiple times with mixed feelings. Majority of the population would be gone and just couple people would stay. If it was 100 USD a month even less people would be playing and there has already been so many complaints about dead servers.

I read lot of those threads about "f2p has no right or whatsoever" or "p2w has the right to get everything they want"

I had enough of these, why don't just make the game pay to play? make it 50 USD per month or 100 USD per month so this "f2p this or p2w that" will be cease to exist.

It will also solve bot problems too.

I want it to be 100 USD per month actually so there will be at least less disrepancy between f2p and p2w

Is spending 100 usd per month that hard? i don't think so. And there will be many problems also solved by changing the system to P2P like bots, spammers, less incentive for farmers to sell gold because they need to pay to play the game, and so on

16 minutes ago, arkvard said:

Is spending 100 usd per month that hard? i don't think so. And there will be many problems also solved by changing the system to P2P like bots, spammers, less incentive for farmers to sell gold because they need to pay to play the game, and so on

If it was something like 20usd it might be a viable thing. 50? Nope. 100? Hard nope. Especially for subscription. This game doesn't have enough content to ask for so much money monthly.

25 minutes ago, arkvard said:

What world do you live in? Who in the right mind is going to spend that much to play this game, the playerbase would drop 99%.

Go find your $100 per month mmo!!! I won't be joining you

1 hour ago, arkvard said:

Idk about other MMOs but i think for BnS it's a fair price because i never find a MMO as good as BnS

...You... don't actually have a solid argument here, do you? You really need to expand your horizons if you think this game is worth $100 a month.

If I'm gonna paying that much a month for an MMO, it better be making me breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. Heh.

You do realised that over 50% of the players in this game are FTP right?

Also most sub only games fail and end up going free to play so they don't close down. Kiddies don't want to pay a 10 US dollar a month let alone 50. You are a bit out of touch with the current demographic of the MMO community if you don't realise this dude.

3 hours ago, arkvard said:

I.m not sure in what world you live in... can you show some proof of other games that are worth 100$ ? 

It.s insane.. a game to be worth that amount.. you need a strong community... you need open world... you need sieges... you need free pvp.. you need houses... you no longer have to pay for anything... all to be free... for 100$ it better be..... ok what else... a beeter craft system.. a lot more people to make the game ok to play... so you have peak hour in the morning as well... better servers... so 50 ms for all... no random crashs... it all has to be perfect.

While your intention is positive but USD100 per month is absurd.

The current state of this game do not worth that much per month, not even USD50 to start off with, I'm not referring to those effort gap between players, I'm referring to the core of the game itself, for one, the class balance system itself is non-existent, in a bad way of saying it, it's trash.

So, if the core is broken and unimpressive nowadays, everything else will not get any further from being rotten. Really, the value isn't there at all, not to the point of being convincible.

Secondly, depending on the economy of your country, to some demographics, USD100 is a lot, heck, I would be grateful and happy to accept USD100 donation per month just to ease myself a bit during University phrase currently, that's USD1,200 p.a., any idea of how much necessities I could've purchase in real life?

Its fine for an entertainment medium to charge whatever pricing it wishes to be, but the MAIN QUESTION is, do the value proposition you offer to the consumer, worth the labelled price? In this case, no, its not. *Unless the majority of your targeted audiences are sheep to begin with*

If the game was $100 a month then the game will die.

Just think, people that don't have or want to spend $100 to play a game monthly is very, very high.

Lets say (theoretically) that Blade and soul NA (can't really merge regions and keep players due to ping) has 15,000 active players total (5 groups 3,000 players in each group) and 99% of the people don't want to pay that $100 to play a game. That leaves around 150 players. They will be forced to put all the existing players on one server. Now with 150 people not everyone plays all the time. Lets say on average people play 3 hours a day (due to work, school, eating, and sleeping). That is around 18 people online at any given time on average. Not everyone will be interested in doing the same actives as everyone else. That will cause cross server and competitive PvP to be non-existent. New players will rarely to never come. You can't offer trials because your getting "rid of" bots, spammers, and gold farmers. They'll just make a new account once the trial ends, just like they currently do when they get banned. There will no longer be parties or raids. The supply and demand would be crap. NCSoft would have to give you everything, thus making the game boring and if it stays like it is then it will be too frustrating (Good luck with doing Naryu Sanctum Solo). Both reasons cause people to go find other means of entertainment causing people play less than 3 hours a day. The pattern will continue until you're essentially left with a single player game that your paying $100 a month for.

idk, I just want this game to get the recognition it deserves. Because for some reason this great game isn't really popular.

Is it because it's f2p? why don't we try to change it to p2p and see what is going to happen? For the record, it was a p2p game in Korea and it is the most popular MMO in Korea until now. Well, I'm not Korean so I don't know what is really happening there but, p2p might be the real reason it was and until now the most popular MMO there. I know they changed it to f2p, but now with their new weapon system it's still regarded as p2p unless you want to grind those blue stones for limited amount everyday.

or is it because of something else?

This ppl not realize this is bad idea.

You guys come here all time say yea i put $ in game so you F2P can play lol

And if you dont have all the F2P ppl you dont play a ghost game.

And for this ppl say 100$ just stop the show you just try say you can pay 100$ month. good for you!

You better than someone because of this??? yea i know you think you are.

IMO $10 wouldn't make it die. Reason is the membership fee is $12. Anyone with premium, pay to play wouldn't effect, and people will pay the $10 to continue playing.

Pay to play wont stop, gold farmers, bots, and spammers. I've played several games and they all have them.

IMO to make a game successful you must have a balance between reward and difficulty with a goal. Too easy the game becomes boring, too difficult the game becomes frustrating. You also want to keep things refreshing to keep players around such as new content (events, expansions, etc).

In my opinion, if the game is making a profit at the end of the day, I would call that successful. 

40 minutes ago, arkvard said:

idk, I just want this game to get the recognition it deserves. Because for some reason this great game isn't really popular.

Is it because it's f2p? why don't we try to change it to p2p and see what is going to happen? For the record, it was a p2p game in Korea and it is the most popular MMO in Korea until now. Well, I'm not Korean so I don't know what is really happening there but, p2p might be the real reason it was and until now the most popular MMO there. I know they changed it to f2p, but now with their new weapon system it's still regarded as p2p unless you want to grind those blue stones for limited amount everyday.

Its not about f2p or p2p. Game design promotes heavy grind or heavy pay. 97% of players dont pay anything in a f2p game and the average player play 1 hour / day (in bns 1 hour is nothing). Thats all.

I rly HATE players which cry about f2p vs p2p in BnS. Its 100% not true game is P2W. It DONT give any advantage in PvP or PvE. If you dont pay for game you can get ALMOST EVERYTHING which player which pay have. why almost? Its obvious. He pay so YOU CAN PLAY! You think how F2P games servers manage to exist? From cash shop, and premium membership (which is in cash shop). SO STOP CRYING!!! Im f2p and dont have ANY problems with game. Onyly at start of server some premium members was kinda rude think game belongs to them but not thins change.

As "You" i mean all crying f2p players.

1 hour ago, arkvard said:

It's not popular because the grind increases in geometric progression. EU/NA gamers were never fans of hardcore grinding. That's why have only the players that have the mindset to not give up after a month. And there are very few of us. Also there are people who stay away from f2p because 99% of the f2p out there involves p2w that's crippling. Our trove here is tame in comparison :D

Then there are people who don't play f2p because they don't like being bashed for failing sometimes and what not.

2 hours ago, arkvard said:

1. Ncwest started out by ramming content down our throats left and right. Which in itself isn't bad. However they didn't make proper adjustments to just how much you had to grind to keep up with the rapid pace. Leaving most people who weren't grinding hard behind. To make the situation even worse events like trove and the rng boxes kinda felt necessary for keeping up. This left quite the bad taste in many players mouths. This point is probably where a vast majority of our initial exodus came from.

2. Server ping issues. Unlike most games out there this one relies very heavily on being able to react and respond quickly quite often. This gameplay is a large part of the appeal but the ping causes definite issues for a lot of players. Ping also has a much larger factor on dps in this game than in many other types out there as well.

3. Unreal engine kinda sucks for this type of game causing loads of optimization/fps issues.

4. The exponential grind style isn't entirely that popular in the west to begin with.

5. Ncwest doesn't exactly do the best job at communicating with the player base. Admittedly it's a lot better now than before.

Well, looks like some people misinterpret of what i meant by p2p. p2p is pay to play, it means people need to pay to play the game. 

To be frank, some of reason you guys mentioned are actually because the game is f2p. And about game engine, it's impossible for ncsoft to make their own game engine.

From my experience of playing many MMOs, blade and soul is the MMO with least turn offs compared to any other MMOs. Well, i can't say what are the name of MMOs but there are some MMOs with a bit better graphic and optimization but comes with a really bad downside, which are overwhelming lags and boring combat system. Some of those MMOs server also not really far from where i play and still lags pretty hard. I know it's hard to believe but that's the fact. lags are in every MMO, have to live with it. In fact, BnS NA/EU lags less than many other MMOs, you should know that. Blade and Soul have great gameplay and decent server but comes with bad optimization. Some MMOs have great optimization but have bad gameplay and bad server. Pick your poison. Blade and Soul has the least turn offs of any other MMOs i have ever played. Hence, why it deserves recognition. It is doing good.

Archived