Ebondrake/tomb in daily challenge

Kayane

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if you're in a lower population server group? It can take ages to make a group let alone clear it even with the frenzy added on weekends.

The only ones who are going to be clearing EC and DT for the daily challenge are the ones in clans and premades who already clear it everyday anyway, this will just alienate the players who actually need the money from daily challenges... If you felt like Sogun pugs were bad, EC is on a whole different level and with basically no room for people to get carried or make mistakes. Unless there's a whole crowd of experienced people willing to put up with wipes and teaching... people are just going to stick with their cliques.

well yea lower population server will having a hard time to get ppl for msp...need to wait someone well known in that server to start it if u just an unknown player ppl not gonna join ur raid pt...and heck for ec today even i have decent ap for it still getting kicked out from party...and when i try to lfp keep on getting ppl with ap 400+-500+(pt fail of course during boss) had to leave the party...and the tower i guess u already know the answer

3 hours ago, Meginb said:

this will just alienate the players who actually need the money from daily challenges...

You mean that 1g it usually gives? Really unless you are lucky doing any other dungeon daily gives more money. Missing out on it on a day here and there isn't going to "alienate" anyone, you are exaggerating big time.

And Heavenly Energy, Lunar Plants, Experience Fragments, Honorary Ornaments, Sealed Flowers of Lament and consumables which are actually useful for players who are fresh 50 or in the low HM levels plus  the money and exp and equipment upgrades that come from doing Sogun...

MSP gives plants, good exp and jack squat of anything else, not to mention most people that do them want no less than 600 AP to make it go faster, won't stay for anything farther than stage 3 and get the Offal and Grassquatch quest done for themselves and no one else...  so even the quests besides the turtle kill aren't gauranteed to be completed, wonderful.

The trash in MSP is too powerful to solo unless you have good gear, you can't do Tower of Infinity without good gear/pvp gear and even if you have decent gear, DT and EC are completely out of reach using chat recruitment below 650 AP unless you're an Assassin/Summoner for stealth or possibly KFM/Assassin/Warlock for buffs and completely random parties from LFP button have a very low likelyhood of success... 

Whoever thinks up the daily challenge schedules needs to be fired and kicked in the groin, not necessarily in that order.

Saturday daily challenge:

- yeti

- mandate

- harbor

- ToI (dont tell me you cant beat anything when you start at floor 1)

Doesnt take much more than 30 minutes (harbor is the longest of these dungeons). How can anybody complain about this easy shit? These dungeons are perfectly for fresh new level 50 players. You can do all of these without 400 AP. And if someone plays a little longer, he should be able to do EC. This dungeon isnt new at all. Dont know what the challenge is today but I doubt it is worse.

Also this will courage more AP/lvl elitism. It's now easy to reach 600-650 AP and be "strong enough" for tomb. Many come without realizing it is not walk in the park so it's forcing older players to set more strict limits to their groups. LFP is full of people who can't do it even if they knew it as there will be HM1s with 350 AP or what ever nowadays is the minimum for fresh HM1. Soon seeing complaints about EC/DT recruits maybe...

5 hours ago, Meginb said:

And Heavenly Energy, Lunar Plants, Experience Fragments, Honorary Ornaments, Sealed Flowers of Lament and consumables which are actually useful for players who are fresh 50 or in the low HM levels plus  the money and exp and equipment upgrades that come from doing Sogun...

Honorary is like 1/10 and flower like winning the lottery so missing 1 day here and there is still not going to "alienate" anyone and as others have already pointed out you can do daily challenge easily without ec/tomb so it's your own fault if you can't get it done.

5 hours ago, Meginb said:

MSP gives plants, good exp and jack squat of anything else, not to mention most people that do them want no less than 600 AP to make it go faster, won't stay for anything farther than stage 3 and get the Offal and Grassquatch quest done for themselves and no one else...  so even the quests besides the turtle kill aren't gauranteed to be completed, wonderful.

The only thing that can't be done without others corporation is spawning the mites but there are usually enough people that still need it. Trasher quest can't be missed since it gets killed all the time and the grassquatch you can just tag before the lightining strikes. If you can't get those quests done it's again your own fault.

11 hours ago, Cor said:

Honorary is like 1/10 and flower like winning the lottery so missing 1 day here and there is still not going to "alienate" anyone and as others have already pointed out you can do daily challenge easily without ec/tomb so it's your own fault if you can't get it done.

The only thing that can't be done without others corporation is spawning the mites but there are usually enough people that still need it. Trasher quest can't be missed since it gets killed all the time and the grassquatch you can just tag before the lightining strikes. If you can't get those quests done it's again your own fault.

Yes, it's entirely my fault that TOI, MSP and EC/DT are complete chores for average people. On two days that should be laid back and relaxing.

TOI is rng match ups and for some classes, a total nightmare to do.

You must not have many toxic, lazy and greedy aholes in your MSPs because it's almost impossible to get the quests besides Longgui done nowadays. In alliances with mostly high geared people, they just sit at Thrasher and wait for someone else to clear camps and do all the work, or they run past the red mobs in camps and only tag grassquatches before going to afk at Thrasher. If you end up being the unlucky gopher who has to clear camps to progress and spawn things, you won't reach the Thrasher or Grassquatches in time for credit because your group melts Thrasher in a matter of seconds.

Well, guess we can agree to disagree about the whole thing... but you can't argue that if they wanted to make Daily Challenge more challenging, why not replace Blackram Narrows and Tomb of the Exiles?!? There's zero reasons to keep them there.

On 11/2/2017 at 5:54 AM, Meginb said:

And still no Zaiwei or Twisted Grimhorn Wilds... guess Ivory Scales can pass 4g+ now and people can still spends hours by themselves trying to farm for their Twisted weapon.

i miss them ;w;

would love to see Ivory goes past 10G or more. so yeah.. maybe my clan or other ppl will consider farming there.

6 hours ago, Meginb said:

Yes, it's entirely my fault that TOI, MSP and EC/DT are complete chores for average people. On two days that should be laid back and relaxing.

Okay, let say your server is a small populated server full of toxic and lazy people that you can't do any MSP at all. Also, you have too low AP and don't know mech about DT/EC that you can't join any PUG in F8. What about the other four quests? You only need to complete 4 out of 6 quests.

TOI is difficult for you to finish? What's your AP? Don't tell me you are lv50 hm1 with less than 450AP. That's quite impossible with the new and cheap weapon path nowadays. 450AP is more than enough to beat TOI floor 1 NPC regardless of which class it is. If you only have 450 AP, I am wondering how can you complete the dailies challenge quests before the new patch.

Also, it makes sense that they put DT/EC to daily challenge quests now because they have been out for 4-5 months already. Majority people already know the mechanics of them. Also, they are not hard to do, which requires 600AP or even less. Also, EC is all about stealther's ability. People should be fortunate that they haven't put Naryu Foundry in the daily challenge quests yet.

On 11.2.2017 at 0:54 AM, Meginb said:

And if you're in a lower population server group? It can take ages to make a group let alone clear it even with the frenzy added on weekends.

The only ones who are going to be clearing EC and DT for the daily challenge are the ones in clans and premades who already clear it everyday anyway, this will just alienate the players who actually need the money from daily challenges... If you felt like Sogun pugs were bad, EC is on a whole different level and with basically no room for people to get carried or make mistakes. Unless there's a whole crowd of experienced people willing to put up with wipes and teaching... people are just going to stick with their cliques.

This mindset..

People need to learn Tomb and EC parties need to learn to communicate and have the guts to take over important roles.

Not the best way for NCsoft to help newer players learn endgame but it's a try and if the community finally starts working towards it we are going to come on par with asian mindset

7 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

This mindset..

People need to learn Tomb and EC parties need to learn to communicate and have the guts to take over important roles.

Not the best way for NCsoft to help newer players learn endgame but it's a try and if the community finally starts working towards it we are going to come on par with asian mindset

but the thing is does those so called elite player in this dungeon willing to teach if someone make mistake? they just straight trashtalk and leave the party...yeah i know watch the mech at youtube..but watch and do it..its a different thing...even thought i said im 1st timer and make a mistaken before they straight said damn you useless stupid shit etc2...its hard to get a party members that cool,relax and patient if someone make mistake in this dungeon...

18 hours ago, Meginb said:

Floor 1 to 10 is super easy. Just dont nuke your opponent super fast. You can get the 3 wins like in 10mins even with waiting.

15 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Okay, let say your server is a small populated server full of toxic and lazy people that you can't do any MSP at all. Also, you have too low AP and don't know mech about DT/EC. 

(It doesn't even have to be on a small server group, Taywong/Gunma/Master Hong aren't small by any means and doing MSP takes ages. 30-45 minutes just to get stage 1 spawned because all but 3 people will sit at the Thrasher or turtle because they don't want the debuff that reduces health... that's right, 600+ groups are afraid of a debuff that's easy to get rid of if more people would pitch in and not having enough hp for turtle stage 1.)

(EC/DT aren't just about you knowing the mechanics, it's about everyone knowing them, and outside of your clan or static , there's a very good chance that even the chat recruitment groups are going to fail at it.)

TOI is difficult for you to finish? What's your AP? Don't tell me you are lv50 hm1 with less than 450AP. That's quite impossible with the new and cheap weapon path nowadays. 450AP is more than enough to beat TOI floor 1 NPC regardless of which class it is. If you only have 450 AP, I am wondering how can you complete the dailies challenge quests before the new patch.

(Thankfully, no, all 4 of my characters are at 600+, that doesn't change the fact that it's cricketing annoying to do and grinding it for 90 tokens for a badge seems completely insane to me.)

Also, it makes sense that they put DT/EC to daily challenge quests now because they have been out for 4-5 months already. Majority people already know the mechanics of them. Also, they are not hard to do, which requires 600AP or even less. Also, EC is all about stealther's ability. People should be fortunate that they haven't put Naryu Foundry in the daily challenge quests yet.

(And people still fail at Nexus and Sogun which have been out even longer, the only people that consistantly do DT/EC are clan runs and statics.)

14 hours ago, arkvard said:

Pro tip for ToI 3 wins daily: don't kill ur first levels too fast, prolong it as long as u can so u won't get higher floors and get easier opponents. Remember what u need for that daily is 3 wins, not winning record.

(I'll keep that in mind next time.)

4 hours ago, BananaNinja said:

I hope people know that desolate tomb used to be in the daily challenge before, back when AP's didnt used to be so crazily high...

(Oh, it was... and people rejoiced when they removed it. The skill level of people hasn't really changed since then. And sticking a dungeon on the daily challenge just attracts every type of leecher around, they see a dungeon on the daily challenge list and think to themselves,"Hey, I can see it on the list and I can enter it, I must be able to do it now" and don't even bother to look up requirements or guides for it OR know full well they shouldn't be doing it with their gear but expect to be carried since it's an alt and they know mechanics... then die on the very first mechanic that happens.)

Also, I am more than sure that the ToI daily got nerfed from 5 wins to 3 a couple of patches ago.

(Yea, looks like it got nerfed, no idea when they made that change but it probably wasn't that long ago.)

3 hours ago, KzE said:

Floor 1 to 10 is super easy. Just dont nuke your opponent super fast. You can get the 3 wins like in 10mins even with waiting.

(Thanks for the tip.)

1 hour ago, gar said:

Also, you can put ToI on your daily run, just use 1 token each day, then you will save up at least 5 tokens at the end of week, guess that will be pretty enough to won 3 matches in ToI.

(Are you talking about the entry tickets? Last I knew, you could only enter like, 2-3 times per day.)

If they wanted to add EC/DT again, they should've replaced ToE and Blackram Narrows.

9 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

@newbiez you have to be lucky y. I had a rly nice party where the sin even esc flee just to get the new player into the boss room but the player which didn't even have the AP needed didn't want to learn mechanics and so we only said the needed stuff for him to not ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up party

well i had a bad luck for being lucky tho...sometimes yeah get a good party is like a miracle to me..well that kind of player mostly an alt that hoping high ap player to clear the dungeon for him...

Archived