Ebondrake/tomb in daily challenge

Kayane

There are a lot of first timers joining EC and DT when they are daily challenge. I have nothing against first timers. I don't mind giving them hints or a walk through of what they need to do; however, I do have issues with first timers that keep quiet and pretend they know the mechs then screws the whole party over :/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, AnemosVelos said:

There are a lot of first timers joining EC and DT when they are daily challenge. I have nothing against first timers. I don't mind giving them hints or a walk through of what they need to do; however, I do have issues with first timers that keep quiet and pretend they know the mechs then screws the whole party over :/

It's not just the first timers anymore either. I have seen people with 50+ runs who still don't know the mechanics and screw up the runs.

I ran DT today with a random HM 11BD... he took 2 balls in a row after telling people what to do and ignoring the rest of the group who were still trying to give out roles properly so we could one shot it... 3 wipes later because of the same guy who would pull before people had even run back... everyone dumped him.

Then I got a wonderful yeti group of all 500+ that couldn't do anything other than knockback on the yeti, causing all cc parts to fail. Then when I pointed out what they were supposed to do, they left instead because apparently that was too much work for them...

Skipping ahead to my Sogun daily run, I joined a 600+ premade that looked pretty good... till we got to the actual boss fights where someone proceeded to make Ken leap which dragged things out. At Iruga, no one bothered with double kds except me despite having another wl and a summoner that should've been doing that. Then, Asura, ended up 2manning it (6man run btw) because the 3rd person who knew the fight broke his weapon. >_> Summoner kept getting his pet targetted for swords and didn't bother to change or use Petal Shroud despite being the only one with that type of skill, the 2nd warlock never used soulburn during the entire run and used his pet maybe once and probably didn't speak english because he kept running up to block orbs despite me saying I would do it and the person with a broken weapon saying he would do it. Only the 3 of us picked up any blooms and we beat his enrage by about 30 seconds.

After all was said and done, I enter faction chat to see the encouraging plans of other players to not bother with learning mechanics for DT or EC since they'll just find people to carry them... now that they're so easy and on the Daily Challenge. Thanks NC! -_-

1 hour ago, Meginb said:

I ran DT today with a random HM 11BD... he took 2 balls in a row after telling people what to do and ignoring the rest of the group who were still trying to give out roles properly so we could one shot it... 3 wipes later because of the same guy who would pull before people had even run back... everyone dumped him.

Then I got a wonderful yeti group of all 500+ that couldn't do anything other than knockback on the yeti, causing all cc parts to fail. Then when I pointed out what they were supposed to do, they left instead because apparently that was too much work for them...

Skipping ahead to my Sogun daily run, I joined a 600+ premade that looked pretty good... till we got to the actual boss fights where someone proceeded to make Ken leap which dragged things out. At Iruga, no one bothered with double kds except me despite having another wl and a summoner that should've been doing that. Then, Asura, ended up 2manning it (6man run btw) because the 3rd person who knew the fight broke his weapon. >_> Summoner kept getting his pet targetted for swords and didn't bother to change or use Petal Shroud despite being the only one with that type of skill, the 2nd warlock never used soulburn during the entire run and used his pet maybe once and probably didn't speak english because he kept running up to block orbs despite me saying I would do it and the person with a broken weapon saying he would do it. Only the 3 of us picked up any blooms and we beat his enrage by about 30 seconds.

After all was said and done, I enter faction chat to see the encouraging plans of other players to not bother with learning mechanics for DT or EC since they'll just find people to carry them... now that they're so easy and on the Daily Challenge. Thanks NC! -_-

As you said, people can fail mechanics even in lower level dungeons like sogun or nexus. It is all about luck and it is not about DT/EC. S.h.i.t happens all the time, but who cares. PUG party is always like that. Usually after 2 party wipes, I would have left the party and run the dungeon again. Also, you have to understand that if the party wipe is caused by a player who has no knowledge of mechanics OR a player who did a mistake by accident. People often make mistake and same for me. Even though I ran DT over 100 times, I sometimes forgot to run back to take lighting from boss if I don't pay attention. If you find out that someone in the party who has no knowledge of the mechanic and is un-willing to learn (remain silence all the time), it is the time for you to leave party.

Also, EC is different than DT, EC is about stealther. As long as stealther can do the stealthing mechanic properly, there should be no party wipe because the guy without knowledge will die by himself anyways by the debuff damage. It is better for him to lay down on the floor until the boss is dead.

Also, there are lazy people even with over 750 AP. I remember one time when I ran Naryu Foundry, there were 2 FMs in the party and we asked them to root the final boss for us. Both of them didn't know how, which was fine. The rest of us told and taught them when to root the boss and you know what, both of them said "No, I prefer not. I will dps." As soon as I saw this message, I just put them in block list and left party. I don't like free leechers, who are unwilling to TRY to help the party.

Back to the topic, I think they put DT and EC in daily challenge because people have been complaining that they put nexus and sogun dungeons more than once in the daily challenge within a week. In order to balance things out, I think they put DT and EC to replace the repetition of them.

Last thing is that don't trust anything in faction chat. People are just joking and bluffing all the time in faction due to boredom. The only time I check faction chat is when they recruit for MSP because 90% of the information there is fake.

funny stuff at ec even tho you lfp and get the sum in ur pt and all pt members ap 600+...when arriving at the lobby they keep on leave the party....someone know what the reason is? and more funny stuff in ec is the one that keep on dying blaming others if the party wipe..are they really shameless or what

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

Back to the topic, I think they put DT and EC in daily challenge because people have been complaining that they put nexus and sogun dungeons more than once in the daily challenge within a week. In order to balance things out, I think they put DT and EC to replace the repetition of them.

(Except Sogun and Nexus weren't changed at all, they're still the same repetive rotation they were, and we still get worthless dungeons known as Tomb of the Exile and Blackram Narrows. Meanwhile we have 3 places that sorely need to be added back onto the rotation: Talus Dungeon for the hongmoon skill achievement,  Grimhorn Wilds for the orbs to upgrade legendary weapons and Zaiwei Ruins because Ivory Scales are ridiculously expensive now.)

Last thing is that don't trust anything in faction chat. People are just joking and bluffing all the time in faction due to boredom. The only time I check faction chat is when they recruit for MSP because 90% of the information there is fake.

(It's a good thing to monitor since it tends to show the current mindset f8 adopts as well.)

(I already said it's a long and painful process to find a group that can successfully clear these two places unless a) you're the tank, stealther or bluebuff/soulburner of the group and are geared enough to jump into one of the high end groups  or b) you're running it with people you know and trust (clannies/statics)...  so yes, people are alienated by this. The good players are already doing this stuff and don't need pugs for it, the new players are forced to gamble on lfp and the lfp chat which still has high odds of a terrible group if they can even get into one.)

(Sticking them on the Daily Challenge only painted a big target on them for leechers and idiots, moreso than normal, did nothing to change the dungeons we complained about and left dungeons that aren't useful for level 50 at all on it.)

11 hours ago, newbiez said:

funny stuff at ec even tho you lfp and get the sum in ur pt and all pt members ap 600+...when arriving at the lobby they keep on leave the party....someone know what the reason is? and more funny stuff in ec is the one that keep on dying blaming others if the party wipe..are they really shameless or what

Probably it is because of the summoner's AP stats. Also, it is common for people to check the stealther's soul shield as well. If they don't wear any EC soul shield (excluding legendary soul shield set), then probably people assume they don't know how to stealth properly. At least I would assume the same thing as well.

Just block and ignore those guys. I remember there was a summoner in 4m yeti party and he spam knockdown and root the yeti. After party wipe, he just call all of us noobs. S.h.i.t happens every day. 

11 hours ago, newbiez said:

Basically they only want to do the last boss, so if the party is not on it, they leave

13 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Probably it is because of the summoner's AP stats. Also, it is common for people to check the stealther's soul shield as well. If they don't wear any EC soul shield (excluding legendary soul shield set), then probably people assume they don't know how to stealth properly. At least I would assume the same thing as well.

Just block and ignore those guys. I remember there was a summoner in 4m yeti party and he spam knockdown and root the yeti. After party wipe, he just call all of us noobs. S.h.i.t happens every day. 

well if about ap pretty sure i said all 600ap+ xD

So, first, it is not unusual for me to see EC and DT in the daily challenge.  I've seen this happen in other games as well.  Difficult content becomes more readily available to players and there is pain during the learning curve.  Yup.  It will be painful too, but after a while, as more and more players get the experience they need, it becomes much easier and actually doable.  But... there is no getting around the pain in the beginning.  That's the price of learning for those that don't have clans or friends to guide them through and btw, there are many folks in that boat.

In general, I think experienced players need to step up here if they want to make things better.  They need teach during these pug runs instead of quitting etc.  And yeah, that's not your job, but the benefit pays forward.  Provide a little guidance today and see better PUGs in the future.

This a good clan opportunity too.  Clans that have events just to teach people how to get through EC and or DT might increase their membership, promote their clan, and make more bank.

29 minutes ago, newbiez said:

so that how high endgame dungeon work eh...o.o

;w; that's the unfortunate ;w;

15 minutes ago, Yolie said:

In general, I think experienced players need to step up here if they want to make things better.  They need teach during these pug runs instead of quitting etc.  And yeah, that's not your job, but the benefit pays forward.  Provide a little guidance today and see better PUGs in the future.

;w;

I wish the community works that way ;w;

From my experience in teaching pugs. the greatest problem is if they don't speak same language ;w;  it's a nightmare in real form.  Other problem is trigger happy ppl which may deliberately disrupt the teaching, via troll or just mess stuff up.

When I saw Ebondrake on the daily list I was like "OOO YEAH get rid of some almost impossible quests". But nope did not happen. What did happen was a bunch of trolls that had no business in Ebondrake trying to hit it without knowing a thing about the instance (at least I do some research before going into someplace new). My first party failed at the FIRST boss, and pretty much disbanded. Second party passed the first boss only to get stopped by trash mobs. It took a bit of begging and cajoling to get a guild I know to help me out (and some gold). I finally finished the durn instance and let my friends know I was not going back until I had more ap, which the cost is not very friendly towards casual players. I have a second toon I am in the process of lvling and to tell the truth I am very disappointed in the new gear progression. Specifically the accessories. The new ones are TRASH and I have seen plenty of parties not wanting players with the new stuff in them. Bring back the old accessory progression please.

54 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

;w; that's the unfortunate ;w;

;w;

I wish the community works that way ;w;

From my experience in teaching pugs. the greatest problem is if they don't speak same language ;w;  it's a nightmare in real form.  Other problem is trigger happy ppl which may deliberately disrupt the teaching, via troll or just mess stuff up.

well too bad then =/

1 hour ago, Yolie said:

So, first, it is not unusual for me to see EC and DT in the daily challenge.  I've seen this happen in other games as well.  Difficult content becomes more readily available to players and there is pain during the learning curve.  Yup.  It will be painful too, but after a while, as more and more players get the experience they need, it becomes much easier and actually doable.  But... there is no getting around the pain in the beginning.  That's the price of learning for those that don't have clans or friends to guide them through and btw, there are many folks in that boat.

well its like 5% or below you will find the exp players that willing to teach the newer players in that dungeon...some exp players will stay 1-3 times even if u failed and try it again...some exp player just belittle and trashtalk you and leave the party...just like the others said...its about ur luck what kind of players u will meet...but judging by the community behavior i highly doubt that

10 minutes ago, KzE said:

It works, but not in this game. Here everyone rushing...

yes not sure what all the rush is about, other day pug  team killed me twice, by rushing into a room and attacking boss.. Both times i was trying to get some hearts, funny thing more then half the team wiped on both bosses.

I still have not done bt or ebon, even tho i do want to, i have been reading and watching some youtube videos, but after a fair few bad times in shoguns, im thinking pug may not be the way to go for a harder dungen.

Yeah, the rushing is useless.  You rush through to do what exactly?  Hang out in Jadestone? Lol!  No, it is a mind set.  And it is bad for the game.  I hate to say it, but many veterans are themselves deficient in terms of game play.  They are so used to rushing through OP as hell and ignoring mechanics that when they can't skip the mechanics they don't know what to do.

Happened in Shatter Masts the other day.  A couple of high level HMs ran into the twins, and failed, twice.  I was on my alt, and had to explain the fight.  They must not have liked stepping on flowers because they quit.  They were quickly replaced and we continued with no issues.

The one major issues that is going to make putting EC and Tomb a pain in the ass is the community as a whole. Mechanics.. what the hell are mechanics? I've actually given up running EC because of the lack of mechanics from players who are supposed to have run it before. Asura is even getting to be that bad, a 6 man 650 pt should not FAIL ASURA.. but it is happening more and more. 

all the dungeons coming out are mechanic heavy and that is not going to translate well to NA as people are in too much or a rush and just want to OP DPS the SOB down. 

Archived