Ebondrake/tomb in daily challenge

Kayane

4 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

The one major issues that is going to make putting EC and Tomb a pain in the ass is the community as a whole. Mechanics.. what the hell are mechanics? I've actually given up running EC because of the lack of mechanics from players who are supposed to have run it before. Asura is even getting to be that bad, a 6 man 650 pt should not FAIL ASURA.. but it is happening more and more. 

all the dungeons coming out are mechanic heavy and that is not going to translate well to NA as people are in too much or a rush and just want to OP DPS the SOB down. 

For DT, you only need 4 members out of 6m party to know the mechanics of last boss. Even the other 2 members have no knowledges of mechanics, as long as the 4 members didn't die to the boss, it is fine. If the other 2 members accidentally got marked or took lighting, just let them die. 

For EC, as long as the stealther know how to stealth at last boss. There should not be party wipe.

If you see people screw up all mechanics at the first boss in either of these 2 dungeons, it is best for you to just quit party and form a new one, instead of wasting time there.

Once again, it is all up to your observation on the members on your party. If you think or feel that they make mistakes because of not paying attention, it is fine. If you think or feel that they make mistakes because they don't know mechanics, then just quit party. It is just as easy as that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

For DT, you only need 4 members out of 6m party to know the mechanics of last boss. Even the other 2 members have no knowledges of mechanics, as long as the 4 members didn't die to the boss, it is fine. If the other 2 members accidentally got marked or took lighting, just let them die. 

For EC, as long as the stealther know how to stealth at last boss. There should not be party wipe.

If you see people screw up all mechanics at the first boss in either of these 2 dungeons, it is best for you to just quit party and form a new one, instead of wasting time there.

Once again, it is all up to your observation on the members on your party. If you think or feel that they make mistakes because of not paying attention, it is fine. If you think or feel that they make mistakes because they don't know mechanics, then just quit party. It is just as easy as that.

You are also forgetting people that don't stop attacking during stealth and in turn knock the entire PT out and cause a wipe. That seems to be the major issue with EC final boss. 

12 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

You are also forgetting people that don't stop attacking during stealth and in turn knock the entire PT out and cause a wipe. That seems to be the major issue with EC final boss. 

Really? I thought the person who didn't get stealthed or continued to attack the boss would get a debuff by himself and die. Rest of the party should be fine if they are stealthed properly by the stealther. It happened few times before and usually only that person was killed.

The worst case scenario is when there is another stealther (summoner or sin) who doesn't know mech and keep on using up the stealth skills at the wrong time so that the ACTUAL stealther can't do the stealth properly for the party because of shared CD time. It happened once before and we finally had a good time to clear the dungeon after that person was dead on the floor.

I dont get ur problem guys, i do EC and DT on a daily basis with randoms, there was even a time when i spammed DT for my  neck, tons of runs at a day with partys who had at least 650+ ppl in it.

And i say out of 10 runs maybe 2 failed ...

1 hour ago, TecoTek said:

I dont get ur problem guys, i do EC and DT on a daily basis with randoms, there was even a time when i spammed DT for my  neck, tons of runs at a day with partys who had at least 650+ ppl in it.

And i say out of 10 runs maybe 2 failed ...

This is like Ferdinand Magellan who name Pacific ocean because it "seems" to free of storm..

You are lucky. But some people have bad strings of luck with PUG's including me. I got myself a 3 days straight of messed up Desolate run with premade PUG's.

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

This is like Ferdinand Magellan who name Pacific ocean because it "seems" to free of storm..

You are lucky. But some people have bad strings of luck with PUG's including me. I got myself a 3 days straight of messed up Desolate run with premade PUG's.

im doing this for over a month now ... it is always like that...

If you didn't engage your party to check that you share a common language you can communicate in... that's kinda on you.

I did almost all of my 300 runs of DT for the achievement in F8 - so some advice:

Stop trying to join overgeared AP 6m runs, they're a trap filled with idiots that can't imagine why their 750 AP can't carry them (hint: it actually can, but things get bloody).  Instead help people who are willing to engage you in a conversation even if you feel that they're lacking in AP, and you'll have a much better time of it.

To summarize there are 6 different types of players, where rank 1 as most desirable and rank 6 as most undesirable.

1. High AP, knows mech, communicates. - The heavy lifters or dream candidate in a party. 

2. High AP, dont know mech, communicates. - Give them an easy role and they bring dps to the table.

3. High AP, silent. - Can't tell if they know mech until a wipe, in general bad company. High risk of failure having 3 or more of these is GG. 

4. Low AP, knows mech, communicate - Having too many of these is risky for the run.

5. Low AP, dont knows mech, communicates - Communication is good but coming unprepared makes no friends. 

6. Low AP, silent - Party wipe 100%

In conclusion, always have a communication check in the lobby before entering EC or DT.

13 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Really? I thought the person who didn't get stealthed or continued to attack the boss would get a debuff by himself and die. Rest of the party should be fine if they are stealthed properly by the stealther. It happened few times before and usually only that person was killed.

The worst case scenario is when there is another stealther (summoner or sin) who doesn't know mech and keep on using up the stealth skills at the wrong time so that the ACTUAL stealther can't do the stealth properly for the party because of shared CD time. It happened once before and we finally had a good time to clear the dungeon after that person was dead on the floor.

Then you haven't had a person that keeps attacking the boss even if they aren't the one stealthing or the one marked. Pretty much every EC PT i have run that has wiped has had this happen and is the reason for the wipe. 

8 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

Then you haven't had a person that keeps attacking the boss even if they aren't the one stealthing or the one marked. Pretty much every EC PT i have run that has wiped has had this happen and is the reason for the wipe. 

That's one of the things you can't prevent unfortunately. But most groups wipe on such things because the other people don't know what to do if someone ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s up (and you can see it early). Don't group up, ss out or use resist skills (FM, BM). With enough hp (I don't talk about 100k+) you won't die. It's not recommended but EC is not very punishing in ignoring mechanics.

Archived