R.I.P SSP

KenzoAlex

Before nerf:

Step 1: Pick Summoner/Warlock/Force Master

Step 2: Join the dominant faction on your server.

Step 3: Go to SSP and LMB/RMB your way to high AP.

Step 4: Enter dungeons, screw up mechanics, make everyone's life difficult.

Step 5: Go back to SSP; life is easy there.

After nerf:

Complain on forums about how SSP is not worth it and the game is ruined.

If i am correct SSP stands for SoulStone Plains not MoonStone Plains... The change was needed and they should have implemented it on silverfrost patch not now which is kinda late. They aim into making 6v6 more active which is good coz it even helps new players get some rewards because on ssp it was just a 5 button spam fest... Don't forget that Naksun still exists and he is kinda easy to be beaten if you know the mechanics ...

6 hours ago, Skynemis953 said:

SSP is boring anyways. Wish they got rid of it when they gave us silver frost patch. Now a bunch of lazy people made tons of gold doing nothing.

It's really really fun when there are two factions on a server. Fending off opposing faction. In other regions they leave each other alone unless they're messing around. The people that do that get no mercy. Here we shut people out to kill off the playerbase.

13 minutes ago, Wataru said:

It's really really fun when there are two factions on a server. Fending off opposing faction. In other regions they leave each other alone unless they're messing around. The people that do that get no mercy. Here we shut people out to kill off the playerbase.

Thats how the west works :D I never had any problems in China while I was playing and was in the minority faction (cerulean). Noone bothered to kill me while I was farming with the rest of the faction. But here if you try to get a channel a shit load of "elitists" come and wipe you and ruin the farm for absolutely no reason.

6 hours ago, Elneth said:

If i am correct SSP stands for SoulStone Plains not MoonStone Plains... The change was needed and they should have implemented it on silverfrost patch not now which is kinda late. They aim into making 6v6 more active which is good coz it even helps new players get some rewards because on ssp it was just a 5 button spam fest... Don't forget that Naksun still exists and he is kinda easy to be beaten if you know the mechanics ...

Names and titles are irrelevant. You do realize at the start of the Silverfrost patch, SSP was the ONLY source of moonstones/keys. They didn't drop anywhere else, period, until trove, then WWV, then Naksun in later updates.

Now, that's not saying that it was better back then, but there really is no benefit to the recent SSP change.

11 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

Names and titles are irrelevant. You do realize at the start of the Silverfrost patch, SSP was the ONLY source of moonstones/keys. They didn't drop anywhere else, period, until trove, then WWV, then Naksun in later updates.

Now, that's not saying that it was better back then, but there really is no benefit to the recent SSP change.

Names and titles are far from irrelevant... Patches came completely different in here than JP/KR , like copying-pasting parts of a big update into a smaller one ^^^^

We are probably seeing the matter from different prespectives.. Removing MS from SSP was for the best new players will be able to farm it up now , because high ap players will only be there when stones drop so its good... Giving a chance to newbies isn't a benefit for you and me , we both farmed what we needed from there i guess ...

i don't get why ppl say is ruined, i'm seeing with this new patch, finally ppl is doing on ssp what they should do, not only wait for the big pig, surf channels, wait only for pigs, now rotations going a little faster since ppl doing the battle part, killing the big boss, so now the ppl farming for soulstones are doing it more efficient.

On 30/10/2016 at 11:42 AM, KenzoAlex said:

why did u do this to ssp? why did u remove elite's chest drop with moonstone? unbeliveble how u guys can be ruin everything

They need to push food into 6v6 to feed the whales.

Yes, the soulstone keys price will drop for sure because you can farm them on weekdays. So, people don't have to buy keys from market anymore because they have sufficient time to stock them up. For new players, they will have a hard time to catch up with the old players now because they have to buy moonstone from market. People said they can farm in Naksun, but how can a new players with 500+ AP farm Naksun? Unless they did perfect mechanic against Naksun and not waste a single second on attacking him or else they won't have enough time to finish him, especially for people with high ping. In 6v6, they will have to be lucky enough to get carried by other players with good gear and I am pretty sure they will have to face all the toxic/shitty talks from the high end gear players from the same time during each match.

So, in the end, the only safest and fastest way to farm moonstone is to kill Konta because it still has a chance to drop moonstones from Konta's chest box even on weekdays.

By the way, did they change terrors' attack mechanic? I thought they mentioned in the patch note that they changed something so that melee class's life would be easier. However, I have been dealing with the terrors for a week now and they seem to be the same. 

17 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

but there really is no benefit to the recent SSP change.

Oh, 50 farmers vs 10 farmers and nerfed Terrors aren't a thing?

51 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

By the way, did they change terrors' attack mechanic? I thought they mentioned in the patch note that they changed something so that melee class's life would be easier. However, I have been dealing with the terrors for a week now and they seem to be the same. 

• Targeted Jab -> Arc sweep -> 3-hit spin2win -> Arc sweep -> Flamethrower -> Repeat
    • All attacks except the spin2win come out a lot slower, but are still relatively faster than Blood/Winter Mane.
  • Doesn't use unblockable daze roars anymore.
  • Doesn't use unblockable ground quakes anymore.
  • Doesn't use furthest person ground waves anymore.

1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

• Targeted Jab -> Arc sweep -> 3-hit spin2win -> Arc sweep -> Flamethrower -> Repeat
    • All attacks except the spin2win come out a lot slower, but are still relatively faster than Blood/Winter Mane.

I agree with your first point (rotation). However, the terrors still do the daze roars, ground quakes and ground waves. I have seen them numerous time since the new patch. On weekend, you don't see these big aoe much because all terrors die in less than 5 seconds.

2 hours ago, Athaya said:

They are trying to push the game towards PvP. I'm sorry, but PvP in this game is broken as hell, imo.

P.S.: Like someone said, they have to throw food for a wallet whales in 6v6. GG.

So Naksun is PvP content all of a sudden? Man, I didn't know this.

11 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

I'm not following with your sudden question.

What are you trying to ask?

Just wondering why ppl think mushin tower is enough for pve option to get moonstones. Not everyone like solo, especially with high ping. This is a mmo after all.

20 minutes ago, KzE said:

Just wondering why ppl think mushin tower is enough for pve option to get moonstones. Not everyone like solo, especially with high ping. This is a mmo after all.

Well, Mushin's tower is not the only PvE option to getting moonstones. It's a "direct" option to getting moonstones via drop but if anything you can just do dungeons, get the gold and buy moonstones aka the mmo life some people prefer rather than spamming Naksun.

Naksun is just there so that there's a definite and direct source of moonstones in PvE if you don't want to spend your own gold to getting it.

5 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

I haven't done SSP since the server merge, but are you saying that we can't CC Terrors anymore? I usually CC'd them during their daze roar. I've also heard that you can't CC them when they grab someone.

6 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

There's nothing wrong with having 50 vs 10 farmers. The only reason you don't have as many farmers now is that SSP is now significantly less rewarding for the effort. What the underlying problem was is that content difficulty/rewards don't appropriately scale to the amount of players present, hence the complaints about people getting credit on grindtooth.

In fact, SSP population already dropped long before this change. Getting credit should have been possible on a moderately geared character. Mushin used to have 5-6 channels when bots/multiboxers were at their fullest. Prior to the patch, it only had 2 channels, rarely a 3rd.

While the terror nerf did help melee with the rotation change, their hardest hitting AOEs (i.e. wraith venom) are still practically instant cast.

6 hours ago, FrozenB said:

I agree with your first point (rotation). However, the terrors still do the daze roars, ground quakes and ground waves. I have seen them numerous time since the new patch. On weekend, you don't see these big aoe much because all terrors die in less than 5 seconds.

I've only seen Terrors do the Evolved AoEs. And I still do Soulstone Plains daily.

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

I haven't done SSP since the server merge, but are you saying that we can't CC Terrors anymore? I usually CC'd them during their daze roar. I've also heard that you can't CC them when they grab someone.

Nope, not CC'able anymore except when they're running to the drill. I feel that it's only fair ranged gets heavily punished since the months of torment we melees had to endure.

1 hour ago, DrowningEarth said:

There's nothing wrong with having 50 vs 10 farmers. The only reason you don't have as many farmers now is that SSP is now significantly less rewarding for the effort. What the underlying problem was is that content difficulty/rewards don't appropriately scale to the amount of players present, hence the complaints about people getting credit on grindtooth.

While the terror nerf did help melee with the rotation change, their hardest hitting AOEs (i.e. wraith venom) are still practically instant cast.

I have 700 AP as a Sin, I struggle to get credit on Grindtooth when there's like 50 or so people making my screen freeze up. And I struggle to earn Prestige when there's like 50 or so people clogging up my FPS, at most I can earn like 100-200. Against 10 people, I can reliably farm credit for Grindtooth, and I can reach 500 prestige on completing the entire session.

I'm a Merry Potter + Soul Warden and I need 8 + 250 Soulstones and merely 10 Moonstones just to make 10 Silverfrost Transformation Stones, or 8 Soulstones just to make Silverfrost Critical Soul Shield Primers. Soulstones are much more valuable to me than Moonstones to craft, sell, and make profit.

As for the Evolved Terror skills, they come out 10 seconds after the first initiation, and every 30 seconds after. It's a set pattern and they even give you a countdown to help you with it.

Archived