Ever wonder why this game has so little helpful people?

Melodia

Because the people getting helped are usually ungrateful, that's why. On top of that, this game offers absolutely zero incentive for anyone to help others because it's designed to be as competitive and PvP as possible.

I have never got a "thanks" from ANYONE, for wasting my time carrying them through lower end dungeons. Most of the time I'd go out of my way to help people with stuff like Tomb and Narrows if they broadcast in x-server lobby they need help. What do I get? Absolutely nothing, not even a "thanks", they just leave the party. Other times when I help people with stuff like Brightstone, they complain that I'm "going too fast" and they die. They don't even have the courtesy of perhaps passing on the moonwater tears because they're ungrateful greedy f*cks wanting to bag that 50s, EVEN WHEN I bid like 1.5g on it (market price for 2 tears is 2g).

This is why, you shouldn't be surprised no stranger will help you in this game. It's a negative cycle. Older players are fed up with ungrateful noobs. Nice new players are complaining that older players never help them. Maybe if the game offered some sort of incentive for people to actually help each other instead of kill each other, maybe the community would be different. But we know that will never happen.

Pretty much. The game's bidding system, outdated loot and kill credit systems, and progression in general simply do not encourage partying at all, yet from Lv36 onward, you are pretty much forced to do so if you need something from a blue/purple difficulty dungeon.

Can't ask for help out in region or even faction at times, you'll just be told to "go cross server"....yeah, go cross-server into that lobby of gold seller spam and players you don't know, can't trust, and even if you could, you can't do anything else with them anyways if they're from a different server. And a good 90% of cross-server runs for me went like this : Rush in there, kill the bosses, bid/pass on the loot, get the dynamic quest reward, leave.

Sometimes they'll at least be nice enough to not rush in and kill other people in insta death fires, but there are still those that will (a few even purposely do this). Then there are those that bid on things they don't need to leech more money, bid high prices in the hopes of snagging someone who's too impulsive on the bid key. And once you start getting onto Lv45 - 50 purple dungeons....better hope you have enough AP or they'll often just leave without saying a thing.

So, this is why there should always be an option to get what you need for upgrades on your own in addition to the group effort. It can be slower, but at least give players the ability to choose, rather than forcing them down a narrow, tedious path. It pretty much went fubar from Tomb of Exiles onwards.

The trick is to encourage grouping, not forcing it. NCSoft chose the latter however, because they don't ever learn. They really should stick to publishing, not developing.

I agree, i haven't played "all" of mmorpgs but this is the worst of the ones i did community wise ,  
And not the ones getting helped a lot of community is toxic here close to the communities in mobas like hon,lol,dota,dota2 or even csgo.

It's possible to find nice people but more often you find someone toxic than other way around 

You really can't blame them. Most people who play this game on NA/EU server play from halfway around the world where they know limited English (Still better for them than having to learn Chinese or Japanese to play on CN/TW/JP I guess) so they aren't comfortable saying thanks in their non native language. 

I am pretty certain that "ty" is within the competency of any MMO player. That's the minimum I do in the end of each dungeon. I am also pretty sure that most of us have an idea what 'thank you' sounds like in at least a dozen languages. I had decent experiences when I've helped people out, and making do with whatever language we can cobble together. I've always admired humans' ability to communicate, it is limitless. When we want to, we can. There is emotes if nothing else.

That's said, I do not expect gratitude.

Many years ago, I've read some trash self-help book my mom made me to read about influencing people, and it had a chapter on not expecting gratitude. It quoted the Bible, saying Jesus healed ten lepers, and only one came back to say: "thank you."

This tendency of humanity was commented upon in a text that is over 2K years old, it is not an emerging issue specific to the BnS community.

I have generally had positive experiences carrying lowbies. I once got a Merry Potter's from Brightstone and the lowbie passed - and even when I offered to pay more gold, was declined.

YMMV

If you want to see real BS, wait till you host Heaven's Mandate/use scale and inform people to pass the stinger - and guess what? Someone bids anyways. End up grabbing all the lifeblooms in Asura that people ignore? -They won't thank you. Established players are far worse than new players when it comes to this.

However, it is reasonable to assume that more reasonable and civil players have left this trainwreck of a game for greener pastures. Odds are they're thanking fellow players in Revelation/Riders of Icarus/whatever people are playing these days.

On 7/9/2016 at 3:16 PM, Melodia said:

Because the people getting helped are usually ungrateful, that's why. On top of that, this game offers absolutely zero incentive for anyone to help others because it's designed to be as competitive and PvP as possible.

I have never got a "thanks" from ANYONE, for wasting my time carrying them through lower end dungeons. Most of the time I'd go out of my way to help people with stuff like Tomb and Narrows if they broadcast in x-server lobby they need help. What do I get? Absolutely nothing, not even a "thanks", they just leave the party. Other times when I help people with stuff like Brightstone, they complain that I'm "going too fast" and they die. They don't even have the courtesy of perhaps passing on the moonwater tears because they're ungrateful greedy f*cks wanting to bag that 50s, EVEN WHEN I bid like 1.5g on it (market price for 2 tears is 2g).

This is why, you shouldn't be surprised no stranger will help you in this game. It's a negative cycle. Older players are fed up with ungrateful noobs. Nice new players are complaining that older players never help them. Maybe if the game offered some sort of incentive for people to actually help each other instead of kill each other, maybe the community would be different. But we know that will never happen.

I wish people showed you more gratitude; there are definitely people out there that understand the meaning of gratitude, and then live by-it, but you're right, this game was sadly tailored after a certain point in development to be more of a Arena-style Combat game; It wasn't supposed to be when the game first went into development, but that's what happened.

Please have patience and some understanding.  Kindness goes a long way, and it's contagious.  :)

44 minutes ago, Neoyoshi said:

I wish people showed you more gratitude; there are definitely people out there that understand the meaning of gratitude, and then live by-it, but you're right, this game was sadly tailored after a certain point in development to be more of a Arena-style Combat game; It wasn't supposed to be when the game first went into development, but that's what happened.

Please have patience and some understanding.  Kindness goes a long way, and it's contagious.  :)

It is super easy to forget to thank people for minor things. It's kind of like thanking your parents for taking you to practices (hobbies) or opening the door for you. Or being nice enough to give warm bed and warm food on the table.

When I get carried I usually pass the value stuff unless it's a costume. :P

Never seen anyone I've carried do that to me though. Even if it's clearly a min lvl wipefest party you join and carry.

EDIT: 

Well this is what people say after you go to help them with stuff (instead of thanks). :O

Screenshot_376.png

Really, i dont care about "these" People: i enjoy every single dungeon run and i chat everytime with my groups. If they ignore me or dont chat: dont bother me.

And if they dont wrote "thx" or ect. by helping them: equally, you have done a nice job. Be happy with your karma ;-)

When im leveling if some lvl 50 pops up in lower tier dungeon i dont thank him for joining, and i dont always say ty for the party end of dunegon, but if i need help at some dungeon or any other stuff i always say thanks and have fun day.I like to help ppl myself sometimes. atleast in eu windrest i have met some helpfull ppl and they are always nice.

I play lyn myself, but i dont know why everytime there is annoying person ( example you use scale and he still bids on stinger, or you need weapon upgrade and none else does and he still bids you up ) its always lyn is there some reason or do i just have bad luck with meeting annoying lyns.

On 10.7.2016 at 0:45 AM, Nilkemios said:

Pretty much. The game's bidding system, outdated loot and kill credit systems, and progression in general simply do not encourage partying at all.

The bidding system is the only reason why i would carry low AP players trough Asura, cuz they bid for these soul shields like crazy ... Gold for me x)

1 hour ago, TikaroXlO said:

When im leveling if some lvl 50 pops up in lower tier dungeon i dont thank him for joining, and i dont always say ty for the party end of dunegon, but if i need help at some dungeon or any other stuff i always say thanks and have fun day.I like to help ppl myself sometimes. atleast in eu windrest i have met some helpfull ppl and they are always nice.

I play lyn myself, but i dont know why everytime there is annoying person ( example you use scale and he still bids on stinger, or you need weapon upgrade and none else does and he still bids you up ) its always lyn is there some reason or do i just have bad luck with meeting annoying lyns.

Lyn is popular, and the more popular something is, the larger it's share of tards.

This makes no sense and reeks of someone trying to make up some sort of righteous indignation.

'Vets and ungrateful noobs'....to anyone capable of critical thinking, that highly judgmental phrase alone tells them that part of the problem is on your end. Might I remind you that the game is barely 6 months old....'vets'....right. You can try to paint yourself and 'vets' as the good guys as much as you want, but that antisocial, selfish attitude is shown by the community in general-new and newer players alike (sorry to burst your bubble but playing a game for 6 months doesn't make you a 'vet'. Me picking up SF5 doesn't make me a vet or on the same level in terms of being familiar with the game as someone who've played the franchise since SF2. Nor does me buying SF4 in January make me a vet like guys who bought the game 5 years ago). As a matter of fact, the people you so 'generously' ran the dungeon with may have also wanted the mats...but you used your gold advantage to literally deny them the mats they want/need because.....reasons.

Now THAT is the douchiest level of douchy to a newer player.

So contrary to your justification, by your OWN admission, you actively have a toxic entitled mentality that would positively *cricket* off a number of newer players. This isn't even conjecture-you yourself just basically said you 'own' high value dungeon mats because you 'helped' them. The few times I've ran people through Narrows I don't bid on anything-you see that's what genuinely helping someone entails, you don't do it expecting some sort of reward or that you are owed anything.

Finally, I'm a newer player as well. Every time I enter a dungeon-be it with comparative levelled players or higher levelled players, I never get a reply when I say 'hello' or 'thank you'. If all higher levelled players are benevolent godlike beings (which itself is asinine unless you're telling me the player reaches a state of enlightenment when they hit max level or something which results in all players at that level, regardless of how douchy they were prevoiusly...sigh nvm) then surely one of them would have said 'hello' or 'np' when I typed 'thank you' yes? Of course I've stopped trying to communicate with anyone in this game. As a result I've pretty much stopped running people through the dungeons I am capable of soloing, and if I didn't need a particular drop or weapon, I'd leave dungeon groups with higher levels who cannot even type 'hello' in response.

Also don't worry, since you people like to tell people with complaints to stop playing the game, I'll do just that once I finish the story, because it's among the best I've experienced in a mmorpg in a very long time....well if my story progression is blocked by gear upgrades requiring pvp-only mats then I'll leave early because I simply cannot play the game.

Although I might have formulated some tings a bit more diplomatically, I agree with ErosNova. It is not enough to _believe_ you are helping others, you should actually ask them what they would like so you _know_ you are helping them. Rushing is a very bad experience for a new player and I usually apologize if I have to do that due to time constraints. And I never, ever, firewall people.

Someone who, and I am not saying Melodia is such a one, but there are people out there like that, would rush Tomb of the Exiles, firewall-kill half of the group and then still expect thanks for "carrying" them, is delusional and quite egocentric.

I have had very good experiences with groups in Blade and Soul, and exclusively with casual and new players. Most if not all bad experiences have been with driven, endgame achievers that value pixel gear and gold above a fellow player's feelings.

Almost always, the experience has been the much better the more caring and mindful I was myself. People react very positively to that. Taking plenty of time to help people is the most important aspect of it.

Generally, having a clan full of friendly people is the best way to avoid all the griefers and achievers. That's a hidden, very nice community in Blade and Soul. But it's also important to reach out, so that loneliness does not turn into frustration for new players.

Lol this game doesn't promote communication that's why. When doing Nexus we need to apply CC for the boss. I said I will stun and daze. No one said who will KB and started the fight. We wipe and people start pointing fingers at each other for no CCing the boss/ I pointed out when I ask about it no one said a word and start the fight we no one is to blame......

Nope it's a Korean grind fest and a poorly designed one at that, no one has time to be helpful. Gotta get this shit done so I can hop onto the next mundane thing I've done 10x this week so I can get that +5 attack power in 4 weeks......yippie!

IMO they should increase the block/spam filter list

200 isn't enough

you help someone once, they spam the hell out of you for more help/free stuff/annoying crap 24/7 as if you owe it to them.

200 space aint enough when you are blocking them + blocking bot spammers

Archived