Sundered Nexus - least popular instance?

Melodia

Is nexus the least popular and/or the hardest instance or something? Barely any LFG rooms for this, and the only rooms for this instance are always either 4P or asks for 600+ AP. I'm sitting here waiting in a queue for the last 20min and not a single person joined. Countless times the entire party was 500+AP, yet every single time people just left party. At this rate when do I actually get to try this instance? I'm sitting at 510AP.

The dungeon's barely a few weeks old yet I've never seen a single person willing to do training runs. Asking for training runs in faction chat = asking a bull to play the piano for you. At best you'll get ignored, usually you get ridiculed for even asking. I worked my ass up to 510AP and cost me literally all my savings, but apparently now even 500+AP is considered low, what's the standard now, 600?

dung. is too long for low rewards.... i never run it, i rather do PvP instead of that dung for the daily stuff.... this game has generally a big problem with the lenght of its dungeons. they just take too long.... high AP shortens the time though

Randomly... today my tiny guild (4 active people) did Sundered Nexus for the first time. It was the first time for all 4 of us and we used F8 and then posted a recruit ad as "Learning Run!" (we did not use LFG) and to our surprise, we got 2 extra people almost instantly. I was expecting a much longer wait. They stayed too, despite us saying again clearly it was our first time / learning run, etc. So there are some happy endings sometimes? 

the reason you don't see this one random pugged much is because unlike most of the tank and spank dungeons this one requires skill

you need certain skillsets to do the 2nd boss.

that's why most people run this with there guild or look for the high ap groups because they probably have run this before and know the mechanics

If the group knows what they are doing Nexus can be one of the shorter dungeons. However, if the people don't know what they are doing, use the wrong CC(enrage the boss), doesn't know the 2 mini boss need to be seperated, etec etc it can be super painful.

I still found Asura  and Yeti hardest though. Lot's of groups but very little success rate.

For me  I think the easiest to hardest are

1 Lair

2 Heaven's mandiate

3 Necro

4. Cold storage

5 Nexus

6 Yeti

7 Asura

The Dungeon itself is very easy.

Thing is people are very lazy and like to rush everything in bns.

500+ is very easy to finish dungeon, but you need to pay attention for the saws and the cc at second boss.

The brothers are a dpsrace no seperation needed time your evades and blockskills right(always small one first).

The people saying 580-600 needed are the worst players in this games they need to skip mecanics through dmg, because theyre to dumb to do it right.

Usually they are first to die when you are in their team. There are some good ones, but most are wallet warriors with zero knowledge of the game.

If they have skill they usually also join 500-550+ pts. The ones insisting on 600+ Ap are terribad players avoid them since you will get to know the most toxic players in the game.

All instances even 4men are easily doable with 550 Ap without any struggle and feeling very fast. All beyond are like throwing nukes on flies which is zero fun just rushing progress.

My 2 cents 560Ap atm finished every Dungeon there is in this game unleast 4 men Asura+Nexus (not worth the stress with pugs)

Least popular? Debatable. Labyrinth is the least popular one, because it's a long ass Moonwater dungeon with no pulses to skip areas once bosses are reached. I still like it OK but I know quite a few who hate and avoid it.

Hardest? More like 2nd hardest, after Asura, going by recommended HM lvls. What makes it hard is getting PUGs with people with low stats and/or unable to get mechanics right, but that's to be expected with just about every other 'endgame' dungeon (Yeti and Asura being some of the worst offenders), so it's nothing exclusive to Nexus. Once people get mechanics right, bosses degrade to mere HP sponges, so that's where AP/other stats come in. I'd say 500+ AP is more than good enough for Nexus if you don't screw up mechanics on bosses at any point.

If anything, Nexus should get MORE popular after this update, now that daily for Be Ido rewards some nice money (3g29s50c). It won't be run just for soul shields, boxes and chance to spawn Merchant. At least I have more hopes of landing on successful PUGs. It happened to me at least once, tendency is to get better.

I've also noticed that it's hard to find parties using the LFP option for Sundered Nexus. If people had at least 500 AP (assuming their crit/crit chance/etc scaled with it) it should be fairly simple. I think the issue is that people that generally do LFP don't know the mechanics and they die at the first boss, which turns off many "veterans" from LFP-ing the dungeon. And as you might expect, fewer and fewer people will LFP. This is coming from someone who has LFP'd before (like 2 days after the dungeon came out, so things MIGHT be different now in terms of why people don't LFP).

I actually like Sundered Nexus since it isn't as terrible (tedious and no red dragonpulses) as its counterpart, Naryu Labyrinth.

2 hours ago, Arkragon said:

I've also noticed that it's hard to find parties using the LFP option for Sundered Nexus. If people had at least 500 AP (assuming their crit/crit chance/etc scaled with it) it should be fairly simple. I think the issue is that people that generally do LFP don't know the mechanics and they die at the first boss, which turns off many "veterans" from LFP-ing the dungeon. And as you might expect, fewer and fewer people will LFP. This is coming from someone who has LFP'd before (like 2 days after the dungeon came out, so things MIGHT be different now in terms of why people don't LFP).

I actually like Sundered Nexus since it isn't as terrible (tedious and no red dragonpulses) as its counterpart, Naryu Labyrinth.

I think it's to be expected that LFPs are at their worst in the first few weeks/months of a new dungeon, mostly by the nature of being new. It was the same way back in the early days of my Necropolis PUGs... though I think that one's biggest issue at the time was more AFKers than lack of knowledge/stats. But nowadays? Pretty much no issues in my recent LFP runs there.

You'll always have some rotten luck with LFPs on occasion if you land in one with people hoping to be carried in some fashion, but the tendency is for LFP runs to become better over time.

Mmm. I don't know... I like this instance, it's quite fun to me.
I've never had problems on LFP them. I get almost instant in when I press the button. I don't mind if it's ongoing, they are usually on first boss haha.

10 hours ago, Robsai said:

The people saying 580-600 needed are the worst players in this games they need to skip mecanics through dmg, because theyre to dumb to do it right.

Usually they are first to die when you are in their team. There are some good ones, but most are wallet warriors with zero knowledge of the game.

If they have skill they usually also join 500-550+ pts. The ones insisting on 600+ Ap are terribad players avoid them since you will get to know the most toxic players in the game.

That is true, I joined those groups a couple of times because I though it would go faster but I gave up on them. Not only to this instance, but most of them.
High AP and low playskill. I feel like they don't take care nor pay attention on mechanics, the AP is the answer.

Dunno about 20min que or anything , but I do it daily as an 550ap bm. I do the blocks and all cc on 1. boss fine unless some *cricket* ruin it.
If you are on EU I could help you cos 510ap is fine for Nexus, used to take 1-2 450ap friends too.

- Lamest BM all servers combined; Rappel ~

You can very easily do Nexus with 450-500 ap, we've run it many times with mostly high 400's and done just fine. The biggest thing is that it is very mechanic heavy and you need certain classes to complete the dungeon. Most people don't want to bother with mechanics.. People also give up way to fast in this game, The first boss is where most fail and bail because no one wants to bother with the mechanics or watch for the proper cc. That is also the big thing that counts of the length of that dungeon (it's actually faster then naryu) first fail half the pt bails.. even though that one is easy to wipe (human error.. come on people we're not bots)

i kinda like nexus even tho i have 60+ 6man runs and 12x 4man runs done and still cant get not even decent Nr.6 Soulshield piece (now i have lowest HP+ max crit+ lowest accu which is the best one with crit which i ever get...) nor the outfit which i like /sad beep

• 3 weeks later...

What I hate in Nexus is the RNG for short or long path, and the long path don't have reward (ok an useless achievement).

Plus, more RNG to find the the right boss with the right pick-up weapon.

In Laby it doesn't really matter all path are nearly the same, but in Nexus you could triple the time in the dungeon.

3 hours ago, th4d said:

What I hate in Nexus is the RNG for short or long path, and the long path don't have reward (ok an useless achievement).

Plus, more RNG to find the the right boss with the right pick-up weapon.

In Laby it doesn't really matter all path are nearly the same, but in Nexus you could triple the time in the dungeon.

You can open both doors you know, you never have to take the longest path.

On 23.6.2016 at 1:03 PM, Minity SN said:

dung. is too long for low rewards.... i never run it, i rather do PvP instead of that dung for the daily stuff.... this game has generally a big problem with the lenght of its dungeons. they just take too long.... high AP shortens the time though

thats actually what i like about bns, instances who are not done in 3mins.

I like 30min+ dungeons :D. even with high AP.

3 hours ago, TecoTek said:

thats actually what i like about bns, instances who are not done in 3mins.

That's precisely what BnS needs LESS of: long dungeons for the sake of being long. I don't mind hard dungeons too much, as long as they aren't too time consuming. There's a reason some hate seeing Naryu Labyrinth as part of the daily challenge besides being an older area: long and no red pulses.

Comparatively speaking, Nexus isn't AS bad because it at least has red pulses. It's very much Naryu Labyrinth 2.0: not quite as long but making up on more challenging mechanics. Some dislike that kind of difficulty, but I find that's more or less what dungeons should be like in general: challenging for mechanics more so than for length.

4 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

That's precisely what BnS needs LESS of: long dungeons for the sake of being long. I don't mind hard dungeons too much, as long as they aren't too time consuming. There's a reason some hate seeing Nary Labyrinth as part of the daily challenge besides being an older area: long and no red pulses.

If longer dungeons would give more and better rewards im sure ppl wouldnt mind :D

I admit even i hate Naryu lab, but this is mostly because it looks all the same in there and as u already said, its outdated lv 45 content.

I actually like Nexus. I don't mind long dungeon. I like dungeons that require a bit of mechanic learning curve. Nexus is easy and actually fun to do + the BGM for Nexus is awesome. I personally hates short and easy dungeon since all you do is run in and dps and done. I would actually get bored with that.

Archived