Too all those LAME high AP dungeon requests ...

AttacKat

AP is a measurement of time invested into your character. Whether it be grinding gold or even gold buying. It doesn't matter, point is AP to gold ratio shows investment.

This shows you at least have some knowledge of your class or have the gear to carry yourself through a dungeon. 

This saves time and headaches dealing with rage timers or boss mechanics.

Reward vs time needs a balance and by setting a min. AP you ensure your team a timely dungeon run. That's all to it. 

No one cares if you're skilled in PvE.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You people don't know how to advertise dungeon groups. On DCUO, I was known for making the best possible raid groups. Why? Because I was smart enough to be discreet about being an elitist, only my closest guild members and friends knew. I would post on the looking for group channel for only the specific roles I needed with no mention of minimum combat rating or attack power. Then, people would whisper me in private to invite them, and I would look up their names on the database. If they were too low for my standards I would just ignore them and play dumb. This not only let me get the best dps for my raid groups, but also saved me the trouble of being openly called an elitist and being blacklisted from the good players who were against elitism. Learn to play smart guys.

15 hours ago, Vudis said:

More like Necro, where people somehow manage to die while protecting the orb, making said orb restart.

You know, even on that, IMHO/E it is likely more about what class you are playing, vs AP. I have solo'd an orb when I was still around 425AP as SMN w cat tank. I would say the requirement would be a bit different for an non-aoe melee class, such as KFM.

10 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

what is ur problem boy? If I am geared like 550ap and I want to get ppl with over 500AP to do it faster, why I can't ask it? 

Just because you getting butthurted by not being able to catch up? Its not my problem, its just yours. You can also ignore those requests and search for a group suitable for your 460ap, there is plenty of them, even you can use the cross-server and press ready button to begin search, I am sure you'll be satisfied to run with those ppl who queue at level 48 and awakened siren weapon with barely 400ap.

LMAO, you have no clue what age I am, so please stop acting like a spoiled 2 year old and cry because you think you have the right to *demand* it. 

Yes, you can demand whatever AP you wish, there is no one to stop you. However, just because you demand it, does not mean the rest of the community need to blindly follow it and not learn about the truth of these dungeons and the actual requirements.

The purpose of my post is exactly that, stop cry babies like you demanding for unnecessary AP, when Yeti 6 man is clearly do-able at 450AP with ease.

lol

dont want to be considered a "boy" -> act like one "boy"

kappa.

everyone can ask for whatever they want. so adapt or complain.

considered the amount of help game gives you:

-LFP buton

-cross-server

-guild

-friends

-"yeti 4 lf 400ap+"

you are whining.

7 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

The purpose of my post is exactly that, stop cry babies like you demanding for unnecessary AP, when Yeti 6 man is clearly do-able at 450AP with ease.

I think a vast majority realizes it can be done with 450 AP+, hell, I pugged when the average AP was 430 and it got done.  however, it wasn't as fast and as smooth as 500+.  It's more convenient than anything else.

People with too much time to spare and hard core gamers : mostly over 500 Ap , quite a few of them are over 540 by now >> I sort of agree with the view point of people like this wanting to run with similar minded individuals with similar stats . Makes the run go much faster 

On that note, if you know it can be cleared by you and group of people at 450ish or even 400 AP , why not start a group for that in the cross server dungeons ? it is really simple . No one is forcing anyone to join the 500+ AP groups , you can form your own. From personal experience, I haven't gotten into any groups for the new purples for a long time because my AP was low as per the usual pug standards (had 450 or so AP i believe) so I used to make groups with people in the same AP range, occasionally would have one or 2 clan members with more experience and AP would join in to help us if they are free. This went on for a while without any hitches, currently siting at 512 AP , still runs with people with AP ranging from 450-600+ . The only time I would not run is when the person has like 450 and is asking for group of only 500+ or something similar 

7 minutes ago, Shukran said:

lol

dont want to be considered a "boy" -> act like one "boy"

kappa.

everyone can ask for whatever they want. so adapt or complain.

you are whining.

Sorry, just because you wish to ask for a safety blanket with your 500+AP for a 450AP dungeon, does not mean I have to conform to your rules and keep my mouth shut and not inform the community of non-high AP methods. 

As for me, I adapt my way, and that is by learning how to play my class with the necessary skills, instead of gold-digging to an AP level that is clearly not require with current game content. I am not here to stop you if you wish to continue the gold-digging, but the community doesn't have to adapt to your method.

4 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Sorry, just because you wish to ask for a safety blanket with your 500+AP for a 450AP dungeon, does not mean I have to conform to your rules and keep my mouth shut and not inform the community of non-high AP methods. 

As for me, I adapt my way, and that is by learning how to play my class with the necessary skills, instead of gold-digging to an AP level that is clearly not require with current game content. I am not here to stop you if you wish to continue the gold-digging, but the community doesn't have to adapt to your method.

you dont get it.

it is not a rule.

it is a team composer.

it is a player who decide what to have in his team.

game give US the feature to filter players to our ideal composition.

game gives YOU feature to find a team regardlessly.

hence, you are right. every dungeon can be cleared with lower ap than expected/asked.

you are wrong. the ones who filter now have the right and will continue to filter players.

26 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

The community also doesn't have to adapt to the 0 standards, everyone is good, let's all hold hands approach to making a group either. This all boils down to a few simple facts:

1.) The patches content is easy. Really, really, stupidly easy.

2.) Any class composition can do any instance, there's no mechanical requirements and the enrage timers are borderline irrelevant.

3.) As long as you're above 400AP you won't hit the enrage timer even if you play your class with your pants on your head. 

4.) Boss fight mechanics > Stats, and to that end as long as you know the fight any class with any gear can fill any spot, the only differentiating factor is TIME.

And here's where the "Elitism" comes in.

If you want to do a run as fast and efficiently as possible you limit your options to this patched BEST AVAILABLE PLAYER CAPABILITIES. That means:

1.) AP as high as it goes, 500+ AP is easy to get for moderate to "hardcore" players, high AP = faster runs as long as you know the boss mechanics.

2.) Being selective about classes, that means stacking FM's, Sum's, and actually that's really it. Those 2 classes top the DPS charts currently and can tank as well with no DPS loss.

3.) Accepting the fact that every other class is "Generic DPS" at this point in the game and are less valued, because in the current content Tank and CC classes are not needed.

4.) There's nothing wrong with wanting to make the best team comp for the quickest and easiest run possible and if someones feelings get hurt because of it then that's on them and they need to grow thicker skin or jump ship over to Hello Kitty Online. Because admit it, our endgame instances are so simple you fall asleep grinding them.

Now here comes the part you're not going to like. In future content certain classes are going to be REQUIRED for bosses and certain DPS thresholds are REQUIRED to be met for burn phases. The content right now doesn't reflect that, but it will come, and eventually every LFG is going to have class and stats requirements in them because that's what the game will demand. Right now it's just for the ease of the run and that's perfectly fine. If you want to run a full 500+AP party into Yeti to down it in 4 minutes and not 7 go for it.

And let's be real. The people pugging in LFG don't have the best gear or mechanic grasps. Those people have statics, you'll never see them.

Second wave necro 4 with 4 FM? Boss will die before it even get to first.I know as I did it with kfm and 2 more FMS(im FM).boss didn't even went middle...it just died....

If you belive FM's has only ice tab....and ice sheath share global CD so if 1 use all are on CD's.

If I want to run Yeti 500+ why should not I? I don't ask for specific classes just for fast run.I'm not playing 24/7 and often then not I just spend all my ingame time spamming dungeons to get gear sometimes I don't even have time for some EXP daillies,or when I do,barely make more then 20 total.Currently at 545 AP 120% ACC 217% Crit dmg and 55% crit.I have 110 yeti 4 already along with 40 frozen fang and 20ish necro.

The time when I'm pugging is usually if I need something from 6 man,which usually is soul shield.In such I want the fastest possible runs I can get and this usually mean high AP.I'm aware it can be done with less but I prefer to clear yeti 6 in 2 min and a half rather then in 5 min.Got the idea?

And AP may not make you better player but atleast in my groups unless someone grab the boss(destro,cat,BD)noone die from ice aoes.Not at 89%,not at 69%,not 50 neither 40% or 30%.As FM I can protect the group from everything in Yeti for example.All damn things including 8 slams.

So braindead high ap person will do better then braindead low ap person.

On 2016/4/6 at 2:14 AM, Puppy Pie said:

That would be great if explaining worked.....

"hey warlock don't use sb on mujin till 75%" -used sb at 90%

"hey dude when you have the debuff from thrasher go into the water" -dies from howl every time

"hey on the twins it's easier if you keep them near the same %" -everyone goes to one of them only...

"hey on the yeti make sure you have iframes ready at each of these %s" -all the nubs died

"hey on the undead dungeon make are we all split up"- everyone stays at the bottom

"hey on the queen make sure you use a iframe followed by a quick ss" -still dies.....

yeah sorry I think I'll stick to high AP nubs at least they will do more damage/stay alive a little longer even if it's just seconds at least I'll get more damage...

Sorry you lost all the respect when you said "just explain" on a mmo where no one listens...

I didn't lose anything, but not my fault that the game is made out of 14y dual credit card users.

3 hours ago, Reyfer said:

Sometime, someone will be so nice as to explain why this western fetish with speed.....why does everything has to be done fast? What is the rush? where are you going?

speed = more runs = more gold

do you prefer to do 1 run/h or 5runs/h ?

Ppl lf players with high ap becase they wanna fast  smooth run. Wtf are those shits about ''learn to play''  '''learn mechanics''  - nobody wanna conquer the dung or finally kill the boss and get achiev or title. All its about farm farm farm farm and farm and after u upgrade there is another farm waiting for u but even worse. Idk why is there hate against ppl which are running same dungeon 150 times and wanna fast and smooth 151th run-because of idiotic amount of mats u need for every small upgrade?...if u dont like it or w/e just make your own lobby its free and simply..or go lfp random.           

5 hours ago, Reyfer said:

Sometime, someone will be so nice as to explain why this western fetish with speed.....why does everything has to be done fast? What is the rush? where are you going?

LMAO. Simple really because it is a bragging right. The sad truth is, a lot of them likely used their wallet to get to that AP level, and didn't earned it in game.

But hey, NCS needs to make money somehow. 

I just give up off this ppl dont change

But is so sad see lvl50 hm5+ 500+ ap and still do not know skip mobs in poh or bsh and ofc this ppl dont die easy the gear is so over power

Is sad and funny see this guys play

17 hours ago, Duzurix said:

Idk why is there hate against ppl which are running same dungeon 150 times and wanna fast and smooth 151th run-because of idiotic amount of mats u need for every small upgrade?...if u dont like it or w/e just make your own lobby its free and simply..or go lfp random.           

Lets be serious now, if after 50 runs and you are still making PUG demanding 500+AP for a 400AP dungeon, it is going to be very hard for me to believe the low AP players are the issue here.

Archived