Too all those LAME high AP dungeon requests ...

AttacKat

Stop asking for the easy button.

Lately I am seeing sh*tloads of 450AP for BSH, 500AP for Yeti 6 man in party formations. Please stop making a fool out of yourselves and learn you class and know your skills.

This guy done it with only 460AP and over a minute to spare:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

than don't join those parties that are shouting for a certain AP requirement..

you can instead

1. Shout to make a party with the AP requirement you like

2. Hit the random party button

You do not have to join theirs to run the dungeon...

oh and forgot to say he unlike 80% of the population is skilled in his class.

Higher AP means higher survivability chances for a crap player vs a crap player with low AP.

(see how I said they are both crap players? AP does not determine your "skill", but it does help the chances)

Now in my clan I have a very low AP clan mate, and we take him with us on all the dungeons just because we personally know he is a decent player that knows his class, but would I take any random low AP player? Nope..

correction I would take any low AP player to the yeti for some gold

as for BSH idc what the AP is usually (not below 300) because I know when good things drop I will get them cheap.

5 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

than don't join those parties that are shouting for a certain AP requirement..

5 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

Clearly you do not understand the issue. All these demands for high AP only blind sights the players from learning their class and related skills.

Pre Silverforst, people were asking for 400AP to run Laby.  New players learn that as the standard and start to follow the trend, now, the trend with Silverfrost is 450AP for BSH, and 500AP for Yeti 6 man.

What is the trend when the next patch comes up when we can upgrade our gears even more? 500AP for BSH, and 550AP for 6 man Yet when 450AP+skill is more then plenty.

3 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Clearly you do not understand the issue. All these demands for high AP only blind sights the players from learning their class and related skills.

Pre Silverforst, people were asking for 400AP to run Laby.  New players learn that as the standard and start to follow the trend, now, the trend with Silverfrost is 450AP for BSH, and 500AP for Yeti 6 man.

What is the trend when the next patch comes up when we can upgrade our gears even more? 500AP for BSH, and 550AP for 6 man Yet when 450AP+skill is more then plenty.

once again you do know you do not have to join their parties right?????????

You can hit a random button/run with a clan/make your own party

maybe you are confused......the people shouting to make a party are not the only ones you can join. I promise there are other ways to join...

8 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

It does create negative/wrong view of dungeons (many people see those requirements and think they're not qualified to even try the dungeon), but you're protesting some people gathering others into their party with a requirement they set. You can't really stop that. If I want to party with 600+ AP people and I gather people with 600+ AP then I will do just that, and I wouldn't care or think twice if that makes you feel bad or inferior or whatever.  If I want to party with people under 250 AP and ask for 250- AP and you have 500 well too bad, you can't join that either.

A solution could be putting "Recommended AP" on a dungeon which is decently low and reasonable, i.e. 300 for BSH, 350 for Lab etc. That way people will see that they qualify and have enough to complete the dungeon while the "bsh 600+++ AP" is the whatever easymode party people ask for, not minimum requirements.

Just now, AttacKat said:

It may sound like a protest, but I hope it also help educates those that doesn't know the truth with what is possible. This video of a group of L49s clearly shows that ~450AP is plenty for a 4-man Yeti.

Hopefully some of the player population will realize there is more to AP in this game, and that they do not need to waste their gold (and in many cases real money) and rush to that higher AP gear set that is currently unnecessary. I only say some because there are those that will only believe in higher AP trumps over any other possibilities.

I'm pretty sure most do know that you can and use the search for a dungeon button......

Seeing as I have seen a wide range of lvls hit that button for any dungeon

13 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It does create negative/wrong view of dungeons (many people see those requirements and think they're not qualified to even try the dungeon), but you're protesting some people gathering others into their party with a requirement they set. You can't really stop that. If I want to party with 600+ AP people and I gather people with 600+ AP then I will do just that, and I wouldn't care or think twice if that makes you feel bad or inferior or whatever.  If I want to party with people under 250 AP and ask for 250- AP and you have 500 well too bad, you can't join that either.

It may sound like a protest, but I hope it also help educates those that doesn't know the truth with what is possible. This video of a group of L49s clearly shows that ~450AP is plenty for a 4-man Yeti.

Hopefully some of the new player population will realize there is more to AP in this game, and that they do not need to waste their gold (and in many cases real money) and rush to that higher AP gear set that is currently unnecessary. I only say some because there are those that will only believe in higher AP trumps over any other possibilities.

I don't see anything wrong with it.  It's their own group.  They can put any requirements that they want.  They do not stop you from going to dungeon on your own group or random pug.  If you don't like it, you can start your own group with lower requirements.

26 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

Higher AP means higher survivability chances for a crap player vs a crap player with low AP.

wut

Being dead on first Yeti Frost won't help them dps no matter how high their ap is rofl.

This is what I most saw during my runs, people that had way higher ap that me, yet ap ain't THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, there are other stats to have as well, well, they died on first frost they got. How funny and ironically.

Having such extreme requirements is a bit, way, too lame.

Our party made it with 5 people that only had 380 ap.

It's all about knowing how to deal with the boss

BUT more AP means doing the dungeon quicker. Well you could be a fine gentleman/(woman?) and write into the region chat that you are looking for a group requirements 400 Ap+ for example. Maybe but only maybe some will follow your example

The problem many people have (myself included) isn't the groups with 500+ ap or whatever, I have no issue with people making their own groups. The problem stems from the fact that its becoming more and more widespread that people think you NEED that much ap MINIMUM to stand a chance in the dungeon which is incredibly misleading. That leads to people not thinking they can do a dungeon until those stats. And guess what you'll have then? A bunch of people with 500+ ap that have absolutely no experience because they were too afraid to try the dungeon until they were so painfully over geared for it.

When you do use LFP (I generally do) I get a constant leave train of people that think you need a minimum ap of over 500 to complete stuff like lair 4man (i.e the easiest purple currently in the game including the 45 cap ones.). This is because of all the groups you see in the f8 window want such such overly high stats that people think it's the norm or the bare minimum to complete content we're already horribly over geared for. If the trend continues you'll keep having to boost your ap requirements further because you'll get more and more people with over 500 ap and virtually 0 experience. 

50 minutes ago, Shirou said:

wut

Being dead on first Yeti Frost won't help them dps no matter how high their ap is rofl.

This is what I most saw during my runs, people that had way higher ap that me, yet ap ain't THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, there are other stats to have as well, well, they died on first frost they got. How funny and ironically.

Having such extreme requirements is a bit, way, too lame.

I think the whole point went right over your head lol, because you missed it by a mile XD

lets say we have two crappy crappy players now one has a very low low AP rating while the other crappy player has a high AP rating.

Now keeping in mind that both players are equally crappy which will do more damage while it's alive, also which will have better def/hp on there gear to help keep this crappy person alive? Higher AP=better survivability (meaning because their gear is higher it also comes with better def stats)

I personally really do not care about what you can do if your a great player with low AP than good for you I have a few in my clan that I run with as well, but if you are trying to make a party with random people that you have NO IDEA about than you most likely want to go with the higher AP person, because their gear is going to help them to survive a little longer. (when you pug assume everyone sucks at their class)

Honestly, I don't see a big problem in AP requirements. Some people just want to run it fast and so do I sometimes. It's just a lot more efficient if you want to farm certain things like Soulshields or whatever. Sure, you can do it with 400 AP but it will take longer. If you run with friends, who the hell cares.. but with randoms? Why should I take some random with 400 AP into Yeti? If wanting to do things in a effective way is elitist.. then yup, I'm a elitist then.

2 hours ago, AttacKat said:

tStop asking for the easy button.

Lately I am seeing sh*tloads of 450AP for BSH, 500AP for Yeti 6 man in party formations. Please stop making a fool out of yourselves and learn you class and know your skills.

This guy done it with only 460AP and over a minute to spare:

the problem is taking noob with 500+ AP is better then taking noobs with 300-400ap 

He did with 460 AP with a party that all know what to do
The problem is you go with people who always do shit in Yeti, like frame his grab, doesn't stay for people get heat buff or the worst part: doesn't get or burn the *cricket*ing ice orbs and let Yeti do 5+ AOE freeze.

If a guy with 420 AP tell that know how to do the dungeon, fine, the problem is almost all the people who have low AP doesn't give a shit about learn the fight or what you are trying to explain to him. This happens a little with people with high AP, but less. Now, if i need go with people with low AP, i go with my friends, better carry them who plays nice. If i go with random, i go with high AP players, because if they doesn't know how to do the dungeon, at least they have more damage.

PS.: When someone ask for BSH 450+ AP, they want speed run, that means they wanna do the dungeon fast just for the daily or to farm something.

Always remember the most important thing, announced party the leader put the requeriments he want... it's his party. Doesn't like just create yours or go LFP button and start the dungeon with randoms.

6 minutes ago, Anso said:

The problem is you go with people who always do shit in Yeti, like frame his grab,

Why are you complaining about low ap players, when you can't even take aggro from them with your supposedly high ap?

why are you guys getting all mad?

as another poster said, just dont join there party and everyone is happy.

Your obviously getting mad because u cant join a party where ur gonna get carried.  

Thats the only reason i see why these posts exist in the first place.

Let the elites play with other elites. 

Dont get mad at others because your not an elite, and getting kicked from elite groups because they dont want to carry you. 

I personally dont join those elite groups anyhow, because even if u make a mistake they get all PMSY and start yelling at you in a random language which is not english. I play this game to have fun, not as a specialized job where a mistake can get you fired.  

Long story short...

Dont join those groups.

Dont ask them to lower there standards because they wont unless no one joins there groups. 

Stop Whinning because you cant get into these groups because THEY DON'T WANT TO CARRY YOU.  

Archived