Too all those LAME high AP dungeon requests ...

AttacKat

I remember i was doing awakened necropolis like hav done for the past few days and this weekend wen i got into a pt some people asked me to leave cuz i had less than 400 ap (i had 390) becuz they thought i wouldn't be able to do the demon core stage with some other guy so i left that pt....... 20 mins later i got into a pt with 2 people doing necropolis for the 1st time and one of them was a sin with almost the same AP as me.... we both paired up for the demon core and we got through it normally

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I run yeti 6 man all the time and i'm only 426 ap...  If people say they NEED 500, then they probably suck and need to learn how to play their classes in ways other than taking hits and button mashing. That said, if you have someone that's 400 ap and doesn't know how to play properly, they end up being just dead weight. High stats are a symbol of time invested, and yes that USUALLY means higher numbers = higher skill, but that's still not always true.

Then don't join parties with that requirement? You can just happily click your LFP button to join a random party.

I for one prefer to run with 500+ because of the clear speed.

Of course there are people that have 500 ap and still cant play properly but that will always happen.

Those ppl that set req like 500 ap they just advertize them selfs...like hey look at me i have 500 ap  wow im the best n then  u easily steal from him 300 preatige points in soulatone plains they are just bad players that trying to hide their noobness behind gear 

there should be some gear score, considering all stats, cuz in most cases crit + crit damage does way more than ap

also it would be supercool to have inspectable SKILLED status (10+ clears) as was in tera

this would solve so much nonsense troubles with pugs

(i am 530) i would never ask ppl to have more than 500 in all current content, and totally despise this bloated ap 502 (with 2500crit and 900 crit damage) lfging 510+, its ridiculous

8 minutes ago, Yelisha said:

I just wanna finish the run 10mins earlier from you hence more ap is good for my grp period

tell me which instance takes more than 15 min to finish o.O, so your 10 min, dunno where you get that

edit maybe necro, when gear wont make it faster sadly

More like Necro, where people somehow manage to die while protecting the orb, making said orb restart.

But that's like 1/100 runs out of my experience.

I still care about 500+ especially for yeti soul shield farm. Because then you can kill him before he does the freeze which is really convenient.

3 minutes ago, babeln said:

there should be some gear score, considering all stats, cuz in most cases crit + crit damage does way more than ap

also it would be supercool to have inspectable SKILLED status (10+ clears) as was in tera

this would solve so much nonsense troubles with pugs

(i am 530) i would never ask ppl to have more than 500 in all current content, and totally despise this bloated ap 502 (with 2500crit and 900 crit damage) lfging 510+, its ridiculous

tell me which instance takes more than 15 min to finish o.O, so your 10 min, dunno where you get that

Sure I can tell you, Lab takes more than 10 mins, Lair may take more than 10 mins with a bad grp and so on. You got the point? And AP is the only reference we have. We assume more AP means = more experience, more gear ( crit , crit dmg etc ). Are there any fail +500s ? Yeah sure. But how can you tell me what would I get into my party? In GENERAL +500s fail less compared to low level ppl and there is a reason for that. This post is nonsense and its not the first one. Don't qq and go grp with your lvl then cus 500s wont need you sorry.

I just want to point out that there is no way you can think that having high  AP relates to the amount of time and effort put into the game.

I have met  and spoke to  many in game who have high AP (around 500)  yet  have only put in minimal time/effort due to event rewards such as the one when warlock was released and the use of GS.

exactly that, getting high ap is absolute no effort, too many gold buyers, or you can just farm dumb ssp with cat, then you see 540 people in yeti4 going full yolo

ap means nothing(+-20), crit + crit damage way more impact

game needs gear score, game needs skilled tag... or just run with clan or friends, that works too (we run yeti4 with one 450, rest 500+ and theres no difference if that one would be 500 too)

58 minutes ago, Yelisha said:

Sure I can tell you, Lab takes more than 10 mins, Lair may take more than 10 mins with a bad grp and so on. You got the point? And AP is the only reference we have. We assume more AP means = more experience, more gear ( crit , crit dmg etc ). Are there any fail +500s ? Yeah sure. But how can you tell me what would I get into my party? In GENERAL +500s fail less compared to low level ppl and there is a reason for that. This post is nonsense and its not the first one. Don't qq and go grp with your lvl then cus 500s wont need you sorry.

i had way smoother runs with 480 pugs, than 500 btw, in general... and ok lab is long, but its old content, not much worth running atm

480 or 500 wont make difference even in lab tho, totally not in lair. yes i qq, cuz its another ap hunter who thinks it means anything, it does not

On 4/4/2016 at 11:11 AM, Saksoy said:

Always said 400ap was enough for yeti 6 man 

It is.  AP does not = skill.   But there are more noobs with good gear in MMOs than good players with reasonable gear.  So of course they naturally think you need high AP for an easy win when in fact the new dungeons are all easy enough with 400+ ap.  The important part is knowing how to play and if you don't.. learning how to!

8 minutes ago, Ferocious said:

It is.  AP does not = skill.   But there are more noobs with good gear in MMOs than good players with reasonable gear.  So of course they naturally think you need high AP for an easy win when in fact the new dungeons are all easy enough with 400+ ap.  The important part is knowing how to play and if you don't.. learning how to!

problem is that ap is just one of 5 must have stats, but i agree with learning part complete - and as above someone stated 500+ yeti 6 you can burn without ice, this people then go poluting yeti4 pugs, cuz they think theyre op pro - perfect example of this, then they just waste your time

most important accuracy for lvl 49 - 115 perc to hit, for lvl 50 110 perc to hit

then follows piercing 10 perc ignored, AP, CRIT!!!, CRIT DAMAGE

if someone just bloats ap, hes more useles than way lower ap with other stats good

and all this still says nothing how that person plays, thats complete different story

AP doesn't equal skill, but you never know how good random people are.

A retard with 500 AP will do more damage compared to a similarly skilled retard with 400 AP before they both die

A skilled player with 500 AP will do more damage than a similarly skilled player with 400 AP playing at the fullest

People rather hedge their bets on higher AP hoping to get the run over with faster, there is nothing wrong with that.

Before people say I'm overgeared, my FM is only 440 so I cannot get in most pre-made groups - but I can understand their logic and will slowly work on my gear more.

Until then, I will just have to find a half decent group in auto match-up.

Manage to clear it today even with a 380AP lv49 KFM floor warmer.

1 hour ago, Syanonn said:

AP doesn't equal skill, but you never know how good random people are.

A retard with 500 AP will do more damage compared to a similarly skilled retard with 400 AP before they both die

A skilled player with 500 AP will do more damage than a similarly skilled player with 400 AP playing at the fullest

People rather hedge their bets on higher AP hoping to get the run over with faster, there is nothing wrong with that.

Before people say I'm overgeared, my FM is only 440 so I cannot get in most pre-made groups - but I can understand their logic and will slowly work on my gear more.

Until then, I will just have to find a half decent group in auto match-up.

Manage to clear it today even with a 380AP lv49 KFM floor warmer.

Completely agree.

However, whenever i go for 4mans 500+ AP runs, we almost always the bosses on the first tries. The main problem is the players who kill other players, by attacking the bosses to fast and fries the ones that didnt get through the door yet. And even with 3 players we´ll complete the bosses..

I'm a fan of elitist runs. I pugged a den last night with a buddy who has a lower AP. Were we able to finish with people with an average of 430 AP? Yes, we were. Was it as smooth and as fast as running it with a group of all 500+ AP? No, it wasn't.   It's all about being able to do it quicker and with less of a hassle. 

The best way to tell how much of a noob someone is, is to look at their crit/critdmg. That actually involves some thinking/farming especially if they have awful luck, instead of just buying up the mats. If they have 550 ap, 40% crit, and 180% cdmg, then you know they're just a shitter/cash shopper. Even accuracy/pierce is a factor.

18 minutes ago, Hongmoon said:

The best way to tell how much of a noob someone is, is to look at their crit/critdmg. That actually involves some thinking/farming especially if they have awful luck, instead of just buying up the mats. If they have 550 ap, 40% crit, and 180% cdmg, then you know they're just a shitter/cash shopper. Even accuracy/pierce is a factor.

sdo diooo with 620ap but 33(?) % crit chance is bad.

kappa , excuse me but i will take those high ap noobs.

22 hours ago, Shirou said:

Higher def/hp

You already lost all the respect with that line.

If I go with randoms, I ask them before if they know or is their first time in dungeon. If it is, then I will just explain and everything will go well.

Myself since I got potatoass laptop I ain't that ahead with the gear. But what it saves me? The fact that I know the dungeons.

Explain instead of getting mad, is the key. But yeh.

That would be great if explaining worked.....

"hey warlock don't use sb on mujin till 75%" -used sb at 90%

"hey dude when you have the debuff from thrasher go into the water" -dies from howl every time

"hey on the twins it's easier if you keep them near the same %" -everyone goes to one of them only...

"hey on the yeti make sure you have iframes ready at each of these %s" -all the nubs died

"hey on the undead dungeon make are we all split up"- everyone stays at the bottom

"hey on the queen make sure you use a iframe followed by a quick ss" -still dies.....

yeah sorry I think I'll stick to high AP nubs at least they will do more damage/stay alive a little longer even if it's just seconds at least I'll get more damage...

Sorry you lost all the respect when you said "just explain" on a mmo where no one listens...

Archived